Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:16:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash on GNR Reunion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on GNR Reunion  (Read 51276 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 06:28:15 AM »

Slash will playing a couple of shows with GNR or reunion

What a missleading headline  hihi

That and to mention the fact that Izzy is a free spirit, and hes been doing his thing for many yrs, does things when he wants, and obviously he and Axl have come to peace... and remain friends, and Izzy is just one of those guys who takes on things at his whim, helps out , if he wants, feels  or I should say felt cool about playing with GNR as is now with no "ego" involved . But just to say hey yeah I'll rock it with you again!

He said he would consider a couple of shows.
But we all know that won't happen, as Gn'R with Slash would recieve a big responce than the current line up, and Axl would not want that to happen  Wink

So how come Izzy played last year?

because Izzy was not only the band's co-founder, he is the only guy who was childhood friends with Axl.  They go far far back and have been friends for a long long time.  Also, Izzy doesn't seem to carry the ego that many of the other ex-members have and is probably easier to deal with, but thats just my observation/opinion.

gah this is such a dead horse topic, why didn't you just post this in the reunion thread?

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 07:07:56 AM »

if a reunion happens, it has to happen between now and 5 years. otherwise it won't be credible anymore imo (the guys get older you know). anyway, i don't want the new line-up to break up either, but i'd love to see the od band perform again too. whatever; as long axl is there, i'm happy  ok 
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 08:17:36 AM »

Slash is only saying this shit to try to detract attention from the current Guns.? Shame on him.? ?he's never said anything remotely close to this before, he just waits until GnR is getting ready to release chinese D and then trys to stir the fans up with his reunion shit.

slash fucking wishes axl would give him a reunion, of course.? but its not happening, Axl would not sell himself out like that.? ok? Dream on slash.

They asked him a question and he answered it honestly. What the fuck is wrong with that? It's not like he deliberately walks about everywhere going 'yeh there's going to be a re-union-don't bother seeing the new band'. Give the guy a break.  Tongue

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
nadia
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 08:21:53 AM »

That'd be cool. love
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 09:21:36 AM »

How about merging the two threads  Wink
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2007, 09:27:37 AM »

like I've said before, I'm happy with the lineup now. If in the future, the original guns would play a gig or two, maybe for Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame induction or so, I'd be extremely happy to see the guys back together.

but if not, no loss.
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2007, 09:44:56 AM »

Would be a guaranteed money spinner for all involved no questions. Talking headlining stadium shows worldwide like '91.
But you never know what Chinese Democracy is going to do for the current line-up.
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2007, 10:01:43 AM »

Slash is only saying this shit to try to detract attention from the current Guns.? Shame on him.? ?he's never said anything remotely close to this before, he just waits until GnR is getting ready to release chinese D and then trys to stir the fans up with his reunion shit.

slash fucking wishes axl would give him a reunion, of course.? but its not happening, Axl would not sell himself out like that.? ok? Dream on slash.

If Slash wants to reunite with G'N'R for some shows like the way Izzy did last year then, l think it would be great. apart from what u think Roll Eyes we'll be seeing a reunion very shortly, lf it does happen its gonna be fuckin great Grin , it just shows u how much Slash cares about reuniting Wink , if it does happen l will be fuckin laughing hihi , the only reason u post shit saying that The Axl Rose Band has no future plans of reuniting the old G'N'R is because u hate Slash Wink think about it dude if Slash was'nt around there would been no G'N'R Cool , this is a Velvet Revolver board if u want to talk about The Axl Rose Band go to the new G'N'R Board if u hate Velvet Revolver that much! Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 10:10:19 AM by shaunbhoy » Logged

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
irishtwilight
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2007, 12:51:34 PM »

"It's been 12 years now? 11 years? and it just doesn't seem like one
of those things that any of us are really thinking about doing, And I'm
not saying never. I would say it would be a good idea to get, just for a
couple of shows, to get the original STP? and the original Guns N Roses
just to do a couple of shows for the fun of it."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxOZ7P4WPqo
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2007, 12:54:56 PM »

Hmmm.  I'm thinking Slash might want to look up the phrase "good idea" to see if he's using it correctly.    Grin

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/04
GNR--Portland, OR--12/11/06
GNR--Rosemont, IL--11/15/11
GNR--Nashville, TN--07/09/16
GNR--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/23 (canceled)
SF--Terre Haute, IN--07/21/2024 (cancele
DethRose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2007, 12:59:57 PM »

Axl would probly never let a reunion happen Cry
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 01:03:49 PM »

Yeah right.  Now that the world has heard "Outta Get Me" with two synths, nobody's going to care about hearing it played the normal way.

Nice try, $lash, but you can't put this genie back in the bottle.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2007, 01:06:02 PM »

Have you heard Chinese Democracy?
"I haven't heard it... it hasn't come out yet"   hihi that's hysterical.

Eh, maybe someday Slash will get on stage the way Izzy does. But after the release, i think reunion talk will quiet to a near hush.
darkmonth
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007, 01:06:19 PM »

Slash is only saying this shit to try to detract attention from the current Guns.  Shame on him.   he's never said anything remotely close to this before, he just waits until GnR is getting ready to release chinese D and then trys to stir the fans up with his reunion shit.

slash fucking wishes axl would give him a reunion, of course.  but its not happening, Axl would not sell himself out like that.  ok  Dream on slash.

Dude ... you know rightly ... as a grown adult ... in your mind... that Slash did NOT say that to stir shit.  LOL.  That's a pretty silly idea.  And another thing ... none of the old members of GNR have sold out.  And you know it Tongue

I love the new GnR, but don't be so hateful towards the old members man Smiley
wewantslash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2007, 01:13:33 PM »

waaaaooo
first time i hear slash speaking about a reunion possible someday so clearly
of course reunion will happen someday for sure, the only question is when, this itw might be an opened door as reunions are in the air lately, the police is a good example solding out 80,000 stadium so fast, i'm sure the real GNR will do that someday.
of course chinese have to come out before & after the Chinese world tour done, it may be the good timing. especially if chinese dont sell well.... of course that might be why axl delays & delays? the release of chinese cos after it's out the reunion will be the only option if it dont sell well, & axl probably doesnt want to take that way...

i vote for slash as usual
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2007, 01:21:11 PM »

it would definatly bring a tear in my eye to see the boys back together (in a good way).

but right now axl needs to focus on gettign the album out and touring with the urent line-up.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Bert
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2007, 01:34:29 PM »

I think it'd be okay for Slash to play some songs with GNR after they got Chinese Democracy out.

Right now, people still think of GNR as Axl Rose ... that has to change first - not saying that it will completely - by releasing the album, so people can hear the contributions by the new members.
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2007, 01:59:04 PM »

Take it easy boys, the reunion will come sooner or later.

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2007, 02:03:39 PM »

Its just a metter of time before they get back together...im predicting a short tour folloed by an album and a tour then they will leave it as quits as GNR goes...

if you think it will never happen you're an idiot i mean tommy lee and vince neil hated eachother much more than anyone in GNR....non of them hate eachother...its just bitter feeling and stubborness.

look at all the great bands....they all get back in some way or form. it will happen and when it does i will be there

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2007, 02:10:54 PM »

Do we really need 4 threads on the same fucking subject...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: