Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:01:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Australian Punks In The Press Bitch about GNR Ticket Prices
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Australian Punks In The Press Bitch about GNR Ticket Prices  (Read 9850 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2007, 08:37:51 PM »

Because despite the excitement that most of us have for the prospect of the future of Guns N' Roses, some people just can't let go of the past and keep interfering with that.

I for one, can't fucking wait until June to finally see them live in concert!!! ok beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2007, 09:34:54 PM »

why is jarmo always mad?

What do you know about it?

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2007, 09:35:40 PM »

I think the point of the few (myself included) are just pointing out that those who printed their dissatisfaction over concert tickets in Australia have a right to do so.  Remember, these are the people who are most likely to attend the concert.  Myself and most people here are not going to be attending any concerts in the Southern Hemisphere (respectfully, the South American/Australian contingent are quite well represented on these boards), so our opinions really don't matter.  I just don't like seeing people called idiots and assholes because they may have a different opinion than yours. 

Whether I think $170 AU is expensive is of little consequence (I'm not going - though I do think it's steep).  But it's kind of like voting; you get to bitch so long as you vote.

Though, it should be remembered that these prices are for premium tickets; the general public can still nab a ticket for less than what's quoted.

Such is the consequence of downloading free music; an artist is going to get paid regardless.  It wasn't too long ago that the most you'd pay was $50 - $60 for the top ticket.  You can thank David Bowie and the Eagles for that one.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2007, 09:43:31 PM »

why is jarmo always mad?

because he is one of the few who has the balls to stick up for the current line up while 90 percent of the posters on the message board bitch and complain about stupid shit.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
netrix
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2007, 10:00:07 PM »

It's the promoter who sets the ticket prices as far as I know.

You have two options, either you go or you don't.

Red Hot Chili Peppers are charging 140 AUD for the best tickets for their Sydney concert.

Gwen Stefani in Perth is 105 AUD.

Pink in Brisbane is 90 AUD.

Beyonce in Melbourne is 130 AUD.

Maybe you should save your money for the next tour then. Or go to the Pink show since it's cheaper....

/jarmo

Good point jarmo. 

wait until next tour "Chinese Democracy Tour III".  I can hear the new songs on that tour.

but you have to look at the perspective of normal people.  they don't know that axl and dizzy are the only original members.  Most people don't know or care about chinese democracy.  They don't want to pay $170 to see axl and dizzy with no slash and duff. 

Don't get me wrong, I for one don't want a reunion yet.  I am enjoying the new gnr and also the new velvet revolver.  I think the new velvet revolver has great potential.

For me new gnr and velvet revolver = double the pleasure!

just being realistic.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2007, 10:05:45 PM »

I would  guess that is Australian $.
Generally speaking, Guns tickets  are very reasonable compared to other bands.
Recently, in Big D, McCartney was US $250+, Stones $400 for the best seats, Aerosmith $125, even the Police are going to be well  over  $100, I forget exactly but probably close  to $150 for  decent seats. So Guns prices  are not that  high, considering.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2007, 10:06:17 PM »

it seems as though rock has become a rip off.just about the money an not the fans anymore.screw that.

the one an only horsey !
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2007, 10:15:56 PM »

but you have to look at the perspective of normal people.  they don't know that axl and dizzy are the only original members.  Most people don't know or care about chinese democracy.  They don't want to pay $170 to see axl and dizzy with no slash and duff. 

I think you're a bit wrong.

People go to concerts to hear/see a band perform the songs they love to hear. Some ticket buyers might not even be able to say who's in the band because all they know is "GN'R, the band who plays Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City".

This band plays some things a little different than what you might expect (for example, there's three guitarists on stage), but you can't say it's a lot different. It's not like they're doing polka versions of the old songs.

Certain fans might prefer certain musicians to be there, but the general concert goers mostly care about hearing the songs....

People who say "I miss so and so" are usually ones who go to the show with the attitude that it can't be any good because somebody decided not to be part of the band ten years ago.

Then there's a shitload of people who go to the show with that attitude and are still able to admit that it indeed was awesome....

Some of us don't care that some members from the old band aren't there, since they chose to leave.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2007, 10:35:39 PM »

but you have to look at the perspective of normal people.? they don't know that axl and dizzy are the only original members.? Most people don't know or care about chinese democracy.? They don't want to pay $170 to see axl and dizzy with no slash and duff.?

You'd have to be pretty ignorant to not know who's in the band if you're getting tickets for the Aussie shows. All the Australian press releases state very clearly who's in the band these days. The posters may not mention it, but all the ticketing websites state it's a different lineup.

If I was paying $170 for any other band, I'd be making sure I knew exactly what I was in for too.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2007, 12:39:00 AM »

Im willing to pay that - but if Axl cancells or walks out of a show - then Ill be pissed.

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
Mahler_22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2007, 05:31:04 AM »

but you have to look at the perspective of normal people.? they don't know that axl and dizzy are the only original members.? Most people don't know or care about chinese democracy.? They don't want to pay $170 to see axl and dizzy with no slash and duff.?

People go to concerts to hear/see a band perform the songs they love to hear. Some ticket buyers might not even be able to say who's in the band because all they know is "GN'R, the band who plays Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City".

This band plays some things a little different than what you might expect (for example, there's three guitarists on stage), but you can't say it's a lot different. It's not like they're doing polka versions of the old songs.

Certain fans might prefer certain musicians to be there, but the general concert goers mostly care about hearing the songs....

People who say "I miss so and so" are usually ones who go to the show with the attitude that it can't be any good because somebody decided not to be part of the band ten years ago.

Then there's a shitload of people who go to the show with that attitude and are still able to admit that it indeed was awesome....

Some of us don't care that some members from the old band aren't there, since they chose to leave.

/jarmo

jarmo dude... this was one of the most nicest respond you've ever given. Without anger o (let's say) "power" of being site owner... Awesome man.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2007, 08:43:59 PM »

Shit, I just read today that top tickets for Kenny Loggins (!!) are $150. Kenny Loggins!! The guy had some good songs in the early 1970s and then wrote 3 songs for soundtracks for God's sake. I would gladly pay US$ 100+ to see Guns, as long as the concert was not cancelled or some kind  of other shit.
aussiegunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2007, 05:37:08 PM »

I dont give a shit how much the tickets are I am going... But if they cancell I will probably kill myself!! Concert tickets are always expensive here in Aus. My friend is a tight ass and he is coming and happily paid for gold floor tickets for $150.00.  The media here are total assholes. I guess we should be thankful the Gunners are coming here in the first place!!

(please get well soon Tommy!!!, I dont wanna die!!) rofl  ok
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2007, 05:41:49 PM »

Where is HBK to say:

MORE EXPENSIVE GUNS N' ROSES SHOW EVER
LAS VEGAS HARD ROCK 12-31-2001
VIP Balcony: $300 + fees (USD)
Floor: $200 + fees  (USD)

*SOLD OUT*

Cheesy Sorry for offtopic, thought that would cheer you up..

hihi HBK moment,

HBK*

The Date is "by Confirmed"  rofl
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2007, 05:48:23 PM »

Original members Slash and Duff aren't even coming.

No shit?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »

Shit, I just read today that top tickets for Kenny Loggins (!!) are $150. Kenny Loggins!! The guy had some good songs in the early 1970s and then wrote 3 songs for soundtracks for God's sake. I would gladly pay US$ 100+ to see Guns, as long as the concert was not cancelled or some kind  of other shit.

Haha - I have no idea who the hell that is!!!!!!! Tongue
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2007, 06:30:41 PM »

It's not like they're doing polka versions of the old songs.

Oh God, I'd pay $170US to see that. Three accordian players?
darkmonth
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2007, 08:23:31 PM »

What a bunch of assholes.  Is Australia really poor or something?  That doesn't seem like too much money for an evening of hard rock to me.

Dude ... they aren't assholes ...

That's an obscene amount of money for a concert ticket.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2007, 08:25:40 PM »

/jarmo

jarmo dude... this was one of the most nicest respond you've ever given. Without anger o (let's say) "power" of being site owner... Awesome man.

Totally agree. 

Way to go Jarmo.  I agreed with what you said too.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2007, 08:59:45 AM »

I scored 3 premium tickets in the Adelaide presale - for the price of $170 bucks I will be seated 10 rows backs in a section closet to the stage. Did I say seated? For the same price, the presale also had on offer general admission tickets - I'm too tiny to stand in a crowed mosh pit for 2hours!! By the time the ticket sales become open to the general public, Im pretty sure that the only tickets left will be standing room only!

The golden seats that I bought will give me a clear unobsrtucted view of the stage and most importantly, Axl. Well worth all the hype - should be a rockin' good nite!!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: