Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:04:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Australian Punks In The Press Bitch about GNR Ticket Prices
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Australian Punks In The Press Bitch about GNR Ticket Prices  (Read 9852 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2007, 07:53:11 PM »

Most big international bands that tour Australia charge $100 or more, so $150 isn't too bad. And while paying $170 in the presale was a little steep, at least it guaranteed me a great seat! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2007, 07:54:42 PM »

I think VR were maybe around $75, I'll have to double check my ticket at home. But they played a much smaller venue and had one support band.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2007, 10:19:22 PM »

General sales start next week.
I don't know how the pre-sale allocation was
But that was basically for people only with VISA cards, and only on the internet, so from what i have heard from people is waiting for general ticket sales either because they dont have a visa card, or dont like to pay on the internet, or aren't that desperate to get tickets, or can't be bothered.

None of the above apply to me.

Sucks actually, I had to wait til Wednesday morning, which is when my pay from work goes through. Decided that I'd go "Silver Lower", and logged on to find the allocation for them sold out!!

Was gonna wait til general sale cause of the extra $20 ticketek was putting on tix, but then figured it might be hard to do it via the phone (have heard this sucks) from work, so was gonna bite the bullet and do the presale.

Ah well.
ben9785
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 10:21:31 PM »

But that was basically for people only with VISA cards, and only on the internet, so from what i have heard from people is waiting for general ticket sales either because they dont have a visa card, or dont like to pay on the internet, or aren't that desperate to get tickets, or can't be bothered.

Sucks actually, I had to wait til Wednesday morning, which is when my pay from work goes through. Decided that I'd go "Silver Lower", and logged on to find the allocation for them sold out!!

Was gonna wait til general sale cause of the extra $20 ticketek was putting on tix, but then figured it might be hard to do it via the phone (have heard this sucks) from work, so was gonna bite the bullet and do the presale.

Ah well.

I'm really sorry if my message came through as discriminatory in any way, I didn't mean it like that, I was just honestly reflecting what I had heard from people
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 10:22:06 PM »

Articles like this really annoy me, and it's always the same. As it's pointed out here already, they didn't mention the standard prices that come into affect on General Sale day next week.

They also only ever mention the absolute highest price possible for tickets, and write the article based on that. Always do and it's frustrating.

When Paul McCartney was supposed to be touring in 02, I read in the paper about "500 dollar tickets" and figured I didn't have a fucking hope in hell being on the dole at the time. They conviniently didn't mention that $65 dollar seats were also available. Jagoffs.
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2007, 10:23:27 PM »

Ah well.

I'm really sorry if my message came through as discriminatory in any way, I didn't mean it like that, I was just honestly reflecting what I had heard from people

Nah it didn't at all brutha!! Just adding to discussion!! Tongue
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2007, 05:09:31 AM »

Chance to see Axl and the boys but it'll cost you dearly
REBEKAH DEVLIN, CANDICE KELLER, NAOMI JELLICOE & LEITH FORREST
19 April 2007
The Advertiser (South Australia)
1 - State

THAT'S a bit rich. As great as rockers Guns N' Roses are, (Confidential) was stunned to hear the prices being asked for the latest tour.

Nikki, who's a member of booking agency, Ticketek, told us she was offered pre-sale tickets at the low price of $170 for gold tickets and $119 for silver. Nikki says an extra $20 premium access fee was added to make sure you got the best seats before everyone else.

The band hasn't had a new hit since 1993. Original members Slash and Duff aren't even coming. Axl Rose is but we're not sure he's worth $170. The band plays the Entertainment Centre, on Wednesday, June 13. We're hanging to go but no one should be paying that much.

I dont see what these idiots are complaining about. As has been previously mentioned - Australia is really expensive for gigs. When I lived in SA - all the gigs I went to at the Entertainment Centre (where GnR will play) were about that price.  I saw the Chili Peppers there in the Gold Circle for prob the same price AND - the fuckers only played for just over an hour! (kind of fair enough actually as they were due to play the gig somewhere else but there had to be a venue switch at the last minute - but still)..  AND just before they came on - loads of people in GA broke down the barrier into Gold and about 2 hundred more people rammed in.

GnR are fkn great value for money (with a two hour + set each night) and worth every penny to see live.  If they think no-one should be paying that much they should talk to the promoters and not poke at Axl's worth.  rant
badapple81
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2007, 07:18:41 AM »

Keep into perspective that this is one comment from a nobody in what, the South Australian Advertiser? Probably audience of about 16 readers  hihi

I have seen nothing else in the press or media bitch about ticket prices. Weren't tickets for U2 like $200?

Everyone actually seems pretty hyped about GNR!
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2007, 07:26:36 AM »

What a bunch of assholes.  Is Australia really poor or something?  That doesn't seem like too much money for an evening of hard rock to me.

Don't be a jerk dude, $140 is a lot of money for 2+ hours of entertainment (not including openers). 

Five hours when you count all the waiting!   smoking

Totally worth it.

We get Rose Tattoo and Sebastian Bach, so with GN'R it's probbaly like 4 hours of entertainment. Not to mention we may also get the chance of Axl jumping up on stage with Rose Tattoo to play Nice Boys! ok

Axl turning up long before his set?
no chance lol

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2007, 11:17:35 AM »

Thats only ?70 and ?49 British pounds, the UK shows were around ?45 to ?50 for a standard ticket last year so it isn't too bad really.

?49gbp is quite a lot. you can see many big names in the uk for ?30 or less. at the end of the day it depends what people are prepared to pay. my  personal opinion is its a lot, but im not a big gig goer anyway.

unfortunately i have to point out that yet again, there are people here trying to bully people with there definition of what it is to bhe a fan. i am still a real fan if i believe i am. it is my definition of that that counts to me and no one else's!!!

some of those same people seem to think its ever so clever to point out that i can go see someone else for less if i please - the implication beng that i wouldnt be getting as good a concert for my money. but that is a matter of opinion. i might like pink. or maybe there should be a sticky thread with a list of musical tastes that are unnacceptable here...?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Beefy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2007, 11:32:17 AM »

Agreed ?49 GBP is no small sum of money to go to a gig but then again how much are you to go to other entertainments such as sporting events? Premiership games for instance can be as much as ?50 to ?70 GBP for a standard seat and I'd hazard a guess that people would be more willing to part with ?50 of their hard earned to see 2 and a 1/2 hours of GNR + support than they would be to see 90 minutes of football (soccer). All in all it comes down to how much you really want to go and see them and what your own personal financial situation is at the time. Just because you don't have enough money to see them doesn't make you any more or less of a fan than somebody willing to shell out thousands.

As far as comparing one band's gig price to another goes, this is totally unfair as you can't really place a munitary value on how much going to see a particular artist is worth, it's up to each individual to decide if they've received value for money.

Oh, and people can have as eclectic a music taste as they want and still be a GNR fan. Why block yourself out from so many different genres of music just because you have a particular liking for one genre in particular? Variety is the spice of life afterall!
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2007, 11:38:33 AM »

Agreed ?49 GBP is no small sum of money to go to a gig but then again how much are you to go to other entertainments such as sporting events? Premiership games for instance can be as much as ?50 to ?70 GBP for a standard seat and I'd hazard a guess that people would be more willing to part with ?50 of their hard earned to see 2 and a 1/2 hours of GNR + support than they would be to see 90 minutes of football (soccer). All in all it comes down to how much you really want to go and see them and what your own personal financial situation is at the time. Just because you don't have enough money to see them doesn't make you any more or less of a fan than somebody willing to shell out thousands.

As far as comparing one band's gig price to another goes, this is totally unfair as you can't really place a munitary value on how much going to see a particular artist is worth, it's up to each individual to decide if they've received value for money.

Oh, and people can have as eclectic a music taste as they want and still be a GNR fan. Why block yourself out from so many different genres of music just because you have a particular liking for one genre in particular? Variety is the spice of life afterall!

i agree entirely with your last two paragraphs. but are you sure bout your view on soccer versus gnr? if you are talking bout people on his board, id say you're right. but if youre talkin bout the general uk population, id have to disagree. i dont like football, but i know many who wouldnt object to the prices you quote.

doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2007, 11:47:05 AM »

i wouldnt pay that much to even see elvis

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2007, 11:47:45 AM »

Thats only ?70 and ?49 British pounds, the UK shows were around ?45 to ?50 for a standard ticket last year so it isn't too bad really.

?49gbp is quite a lot. you can see many big names in the uk for ?30 or less. at the end of the day it depends what people are prepared to pay. my  personal opinion is its a lot, but im not a big gig goer anyway.

unfortunately i have to point out that yet again, there are people here trying to bully people with there definition of what it is to bhe a fan. i am still a real fan if i believe i am. it is my definition of that that counts to me and no one else's!!!

some of those same people seem to think its ever so clever to point out that i can go see someone else for less if i please - the implication beng that i wouldnt be getting as good a concert for my money. but that is a matter of opinion. i might like pink. or maybe there should be a sticky thread with a list of musical tastes that are unnacceptable here...?

Yes you can go see Pink if you prefer to pay less instead of seeing GN'R. It's your choice.

It's also bullshit to compare Australia to England.

England got more shows in July alone than Australia. You don't think it costs more to transport everything from Perth to the other side of the continent compared to say from Newcastle to London?

It's been pointed out that GN'R isn't the most expensive act touring Australia. Or even the UK.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 11:56:37 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2007, 11:48:09 AM »

Only when tickets do not sell are they priced too high. If people buy them, which I am sure many will, prices are not too high. ?It is obvious it is worth the money to those people. Good point whom ever stated that its the people who aren't buying the tickets anyway that complain the most about the price. Smiley ?

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
ForeverGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2007, 11:52:47 AM »

I'm paying 154,4 AUS $ (128 US $) to see Metallica this summer, that's kinda expensive too. But as Jarmo says, either you go or you don't.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2007, 11:58:06 AM »

that is alot of money to pay Shocked

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »

?49gbp is quite a lot. you can see many big names in the uk for ?30 or less. at the end of the day it depends what people are prepared to pay. my? personal opinion is its a lot, but im not a big gig goer anyway.

Yes you can go see Pink if you prefer to apy less instead of seeing GN'R. It's your choice.

It's also bullshit to compare Australia to England.

England got more shows in July alone than Australia. You don't think it costs more to transport everything from Perth to the other side of the continent compared to say from Newcastle to London?

It's been pointed out that GN'R isn't the most expensive act touring Australia. Or even the UK.

/jarmo

i have not made the comparison you think i have made. rather, i have compared the price of seein gnr in the uk to the price of seein other bands in the uk. becase that is where i am. iy, in practice, they charge less than 50? when they do come here, then thats ok. well, its ok nyway, as i probably wont go.

as someone posted before me tho, i guess theyre worth what people will pay. but it kinda depends what kinda audience3 you want. i would bet Maddonna has a very different audience. but these are people who can pay such huge prices. but alas, if it is worth it to them, and maddonna doesnt mind alieantaing the less rich from her gigs, cool. lets hope gnr never go the same way.

Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2007, 01:07:30 PM »

motley crue and kiss were 160-170 for the gold tickets too. at the same arena.

its expensive yeah but thats how it always is in australia.

u dont wanna know how much eagles or elton john tickets are here.

im really worried im gonna miss out on my favourite band simply because i don't have the money right now.

im thinking of copying that "will work for guns n roses tickets" picture somebody posted and put it on a shirt.

you don't wanna know how low i'll go to get money for those tickets.

hihi
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2007, 08:27:43 PM »

why is jarmo always mad?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: