Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:28:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  she builds quick machine
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: she builds quick machine  (Read 26749 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2007, 05:38:54 PM »

and why the fuck are we comparing VR to Evanescence anyway?

I guess he mentioned them because they played the same stage at the same festival?

... and because it is extremely painful for a Guns N' Roses fan to see an almost new band, leaded by a female singer (nothing against them, but there are not many cases of female singers that rock that way), to interact with the masses much more and with lots of more charisma than the frontman of the band where Slash (yes, the mythical guitar hero) is.

...and Evanescence didnt play ''We Will Rock You'' or ''Rocking In The Free World'' type of songs to captivate the crowd after an hour of boredom...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2007, 06:00:48 PM »

I guess he mentioned them because they played the same stage at the same festival?

... and because it is extremely painful for a Guns N' Roses fan to see an almost new band, leaded by a female singer (nothing against them, but there are not many cases of female singers that rock that way), to interact with the masses much more and with lots of more charisma than the frontman of the band where Slash (yes, the mythical guitar hero) is.

...and Evanescence didnt play ''We Will Rock You'' or ''Rocking In The Free World'' type of songs to captivate the crowd after an hour of boredom...

It's more painful for a Guns n' roses fan see to Axl Rose beside a group of strangers playing the real Guns n' Roses songs.

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2007, 06:24:05 PM »

It's more painful for a Guns n' roses fan see to Axl Rose beside a group of strangers playing the real Guns n' Roses songs.

oh my god. slash left ten years ago.......get over it.?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 06:26:19 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2007, 06:25:56 PM »

oh my god. slash left ten years ago.......get over it.

still, doesnt hurt to want him to get back in, seeing as the band havent actually released any real music since his leave.

end of days soundtrack oh my god doesnt count, cause that song aint gnr, in any form or way.

html sucks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2007, 07:32:06 PM »

Wrong! It was Eazy E who implied it.

Says the guy who just posted this one thread over:

You're not disappointed/upset that it's not coming out in May or June?

hihi

What's that got to do with anything? I asked him if he wasn't feeling disappointed to have to wait all this time for the new album.

A band who are updating their fans didn't know when the album was coming out until the record company gave the date..... Imagine that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2007, 07:40:22 PM »

I am a huge VR fan but if u listen to Madagascar and then listen to Let It Roll and SHe builds quick machines the quality is lopsided in favor of Madagascar.

Scott talks shit cause he knows he is a B level Frontman and that will never change.

Slash is my fav guitar player ever but I am begrudgingly accepting the fact that Axl had a lot to do with pushing Slash to create the classic riffs and solos he did with GNR. Cause if any of u consider any of these riffs on the new songs to be classic then u have lost touch with what Classic is.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2007, 07:42:50 PM »

Slash is my fav guitar player ever but I am begrudgingly accepting the fact that Axl had a lot to do with pushing Slash to create the classic riffs and solos he did with GNR. Cause if any of u consider any of these riffs on the new songs to be classic then u have lost touch with what Classic is.

exactly, thats what i was getting at earlier in the thread. although if u look at all the STP records they are very very diverse, so maybe all those rumors about tension between slash and scott were true, maybe scott wanted to experiment more and slash didnt want to,? who knows.

or u can argue that the DeLeo's were more responsible than scott in terms of the direction of the music in STP. *shrugs*

i dont want this to turn into an axl vs. slash or scott vs. axl argument, i'm just speculating here, dont bash me.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:49:36 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2007, 07:48:28 PM »

hihi

What's that got to do with anything? I asked him if he wasn't feeling disappointed to have to wait all this time for the new album.

A band who are updating their fans didn't know when the album was coming out until the record company gave the date..... Imagine that.

/jarmo

WTF....it's the record company who decides the release date and they obviously announced it straight away, as soon as the decision was made and as soon as the band were told. Why does it matter whether the record company or band who announces the date, as long as they do it immediately?

VR fans having been notified of each potential release date and change in the date along the way. About a week ago, Scott was saying the end of May, so quite clearly this July 3 release date was decided quite recently, so the fans were immediately informed.

The band probably wanted to announce it themselves on the S.A. tour (as Scott did with the late May date), but they don't have any more gigs till 3rd of May, so they clearly decided to keep the fans updated immediately.

Why do you find it so hard to give VR credit where credits due, I mean complaining because the record company announced the album release date instead of the band?? no
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:55:36 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2007, 07:56:15 PM »

hihi

/jarmo

WTF....it's the record company who decides the release date and they obviously announced it straight away, as soon as the decision was made and as soon as the band were told. Why does it matter whether the record company or band who announces the date, as long as they do it immediately?

VR fans having been notified of each potential release date and change in the date along the way. About a week ago, Scott was saying the end of May, so quite clearly this July 3 release date was decided quite recently, so the fans were immediately informed.

They probably wanted to announce it on S.A. tour (as Scott did with the late May date), but they don't have any more gigs till 3rd of May, so they clearly decided to keep the fans updated immediately.

Why do you find it so hard to give VR credit where credits due, I mean complaining because the record company announced the album release date instead of the band?  no

Just that it doesn't always matter what the band says, it's not always just up to them.

It goes for most bands who are signed to a major label.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2007, 07:58:02 PM »

I am a huge VR fan but if u listen to Madagascar and then listen to Let It Roll and SHe builds quick machines the quality is lopsided in favor of Madagascar.

Scott talks shit cause he knows he is a B level Frontman and that will never change.

? Talk about hitting the nail on the head. D - nice job here, man.

I love VR too, but I don't know how anyone can listen to Madagascar and not think it's musically ahead of anything on Contraband, or these newer VR tunes. VR is definitely about old-fashioned rock n roll - and I love them for that - ?but the direction Axl's music seems to be headed is something on a quite different level - something that has not really been done before - ?I respect them both

I agree on the Slash statement, but would argue that the Slither riff is downright killer, and his solos on Slither & You got no right are up there with some of his best.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2007, 07:58:53 PM »

hihi

/jarmo

They probably wanted to announce it on S.A. tour (as Scott did with the late May date), but they don't have any more gigs till 3rd of May, so they clearly decided to keep the fans updated immediately.

Why do you find it so hard to give VR credit where credits due, I mean complaining because the record company announced the album release date instead of the band?? no

Just that it doesn't always matter what the band says, it's not always just up to them.

It goes for most bands who are signed to a major label.

/jarmo

Fair enough, I think you're implying something and for the record, I agree ok Having said that, I just read the press release again, I think it was Duff who announced the release date.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2007, 08:15:38 PM »

Actually, while She Builds Quick Machines sounds very average to me, I thought the opening riff and the music throughout Let It Roll (including the great Slash solo) sounds great. The weak point is the vocals/lyrics.
I could really picture Axl singing some great stuff over the Let It Roll music and that would kick ass! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2007, 09:33:23 PM »

Not to get too far off topic - but someone mentioned earlier that maybe the DeLeo bros were responsible for STP's best stuff - I really don't think so.
I thought Weiland's solo album was very cool - great melodies on there, and I thought the Army of Anyone album was about as boring and un-eventful an album as I've heard in awhile -
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2007, 09:41:25 PM »

Not to get too far off topic - but someone mentioned earlier that maybe the DeLeo bros were responsible for STP's best stuff - I really don't think so.
I thought Weiland's solo album was very cool - great melodies on there, and I thought the Army of Anyone album was about as boring and un-eventful an album as I've heard in awhile -

i just suggested it, and i agree with u that scotts solo album was good. i liked AoA tho.

i guess we should all just wait till the studio version of this song before dissing it.

its just that, i am obviously a huge GNR fan, i also love STP, but Velvet Revolver really dissapointed me with Contraband. Based on these band members pasts, i believe they could/can do alot better. so i have high hopes for this new record.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2007, 10:14:24 PM »

It's got to do with indirectly bringing GN'R into the conversation... I never mentioned the band, I just said the "trippy middle section" didn't have computer blips and bleeps.   ok
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2007, 10:25:45 PM »

Except the bands updates have informed us that the albums finished and ready for release, and the time between updates and the final release date has been very short.  The parallel youre trying to make didnt work in 2004 when that album had a few very brief delays, and it doesnt work now three years later with VRs second album.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2007, 10:29:33 PM »

Get back on topic kids, save the GNR talk for the GNR section.

Thanks

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2007, 10:50:13 PM »

i think estanbanf just likes to bash velvet revolver every chance he gets and suck up to wats that band ohhh the new guns n roses who havent even released an album yet . im a big fan of both bands but u gota realise these are 2 different bands and stylistic directions ones hard rock and the other is a mixture of rock/piano experimental who like to play old guns and roses songs. the new guns n roses is pretty much axl and a bunch of musos with no chemistry so estanbanf u can bitch all u want u just look like an idiot trying to justify guns n roses all the time
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2007, 11:22:03 PM »

i think estanbanf just likes to bash velvet revolver every chance he gets and suck up to wats that band ohhh the new guns n roses who havent even released an album yet . im a big fan of both bands but u gota realise these are 2 different bands and stylistic directions ones hard rock and the other is a mixture of rock/piano experimental who like to play old guns and roses songs. the new guns n roses is pretty much axl and a bunch of musos with no chemistry so estanbanf u can bitch all u want u just look like an idiot trying to justify guns n roses all the time

I guess you didn't hear me.

Get back on topic kids, save the GNR talk for the GNR section.

Thanks

You get a break cause it's your first post, get in the game Maverick.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:25:22 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2007, 11:56:12 PM »

hehe sorry just had to get that out, she builds quick machines rocks is that better haha Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: