Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:22:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  she builds quick machine
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: she builds quick machine  (Read 26722 times)
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 01:45:40 PM »

This is the worst of the three new songs played live. I heard them all in my pc, and I heard ''Let It Roll'' and ''She Builds Quick Machine'' last sunday at the River Plate Stadium.

They are not ''bad'', that's not the word... they are BORING, more of the same shit. Weiland, as usual, cant sing anything besides his tracks from STP (which ROCKED, especially ''Sex Type Thing'', the best song of the concert BY FAR)

VR started the sunday's show at River with this:

01) Do It For The Kids (with sound problems everywhere, and an almost unhearable bass)
02) New Song, in a huge rock festival with several band, and several kinds of crowds, of people with different musical tastes. C'mon man! Make the crowd explode! Provoke frenzy! We paid a very big amount of money for this, make us rock! But no, they open the show with a mediocre songs that no one knew, and they continued the show promoting their next album...

How do you want to ''evolve'' like this?

It must have been very hard to Weiland the night at River. It was SO obvious that 55.000 people were not looking at him while he was singing. This is the first time in my life that the whole crowd applaud NOT a song, NOT a band, but a single musician of a band. All the River Plate stadium applauded Slash while he was doing his solos, and when they ended, again, more time of boredom.

thats exactly what i was thinking, these songs are just more of the same. where's the evolution? every single Stone Temple Pilots record sounds completely different. same with appetite and illusion obviously. why isnt this band taking more chances with their sound? the rest of the songs better be different.

call me crazy, i'm must speculating so dont bash me, but maybe there is some truth to what axl said about slash not wanting to try different things and evolve, and giving axl hell when axl wanted to record NR and estranged. there were tons of rumors about tension between scott and slash during the making of this record, maybe scott wanted to try  new things and experiment more and slash refused? don't get me wrong, i love slash and scott, i've seen this band live, but when u hear new songs like this it just makes u wonder.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 01:51:24 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »

^
Listen to Estranged and NR though.

Slash takes those songs to legendary levels, levels that no other guitarist in my opinion could take them.

So he may be slow to change but once he does, he is one of the greatest.

Its hard to judge live versions.

I personally am not a huge "Better" live version fan but the demo we got kicks ass.

Same with There Was a Time. Imagine if the only version u heard was that horrible live version they did *cant remember if it was Hammersmith or a UK festival*

So u don't get a fair representation till u hear the album version.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 01:57:01 PM »

^

Slash takes those songs to legendary levels, levels that no other guitarist in my opinion could take them.

I personally am not a huge "Better" live version fan but the demo we got kicks ass.

Same with There Was a Time. Imagine if the only version u heard was that horrible live version they did *cant remember if it was Hammersmith or a UK festival*

agreed. he did take those songs to legendary levels, there is no denying that. knowing slash's potential full well, these new songs just scare me. thats what makes me think of axl's comments.

and u are correct about the live versions, i'll wait to make my final judgements until we hear the studio versions.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2007, 02:17:31 PM »

^

Ok, TWAT was played live twice, and none of them was near to be flawless. But you can notice inmediatly that the song is a huge epic, a very very complex song in all aspects, and everyone knew that GNR was playing the song for the first time.

Another case is when you SUCK on a new song that is a piece of shit. And GNR didnt play TWAT in the second song of the Rock Am Ring/Download/Roskilde shows... do you notice the difference? GNR played the track for the first time in a very small venue full of hardcore fans, and then in Madrid, in the middle of the setlist after several huge classics...

GNR fans are DESPERATE to have songs like TWAT in the setlist more often. Do you know VR fans being desperate for ''She Builds Quick Machine''?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
SADIS
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2007, 02:37:41 PM »

The band forgot to throw in a few computer blips and beeps at the end of the 'trippy' middle section... I guess that's what seperates the good songs from the great!

Dylan didn't need to and his songs are great.

This is so similar to Exile On Main St.

What the hell does Bob Dylan has to do with this?

Since you're slow to understand.

Great songs don't need computer blips and beeps. They're just great to start with. Somebody like Dylan has managed to write some.

As you can see, once again GN'R was brought into the conversation by one of your own VR supporters.

You guys are amusing.

/jarmo

Whehehe, Jarmo Jarmo Jarmo. If someone is amusing it has to be you. You are like a cult member, too blind to see it.

Hey man, whatever makes you sleep at night. Draging Dylan into this conversation is as relevant as dragging GnR into. Irrelevant. But hey, it's your "matey" who started it.
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2007, 03:00:34 PM »

Sigh... I gave it a shot, i really did. Undecided
At first i thought it was vertigo by U2.
Then scott came out with his axl hat.
And it sucked as much as the title.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2007, 03:05:35 PM »

The band forgot to throw in a few computer blips and beeps at the end of the 'trippy' middle section... I guess that's what seperates the good songs from the great!

Dylan didn't need to and his songs are great.

This is so similar to Exile On Main St.

What the hell does Bob Dylan has to do with this?

Since you're slow to understand.

Great songs don't need computer blips and beeps. They're just great to start with. Somebody like Dylan has managed to write some.

As you can see, once again GN'R was brought into the conversation by one of your own VR supporters.

You guys are amusing.

/jarmo

Whehehe, Jarmo Jarmo Jarmo. If someone is amusing it has to be you. You are like a cult member, too blind to see it.

Hey man, whatever makes you sleep at night. Draging Dylan into this conversation is as relevant as dragging GnR into. Irrelevant. But hey, it's your "matey" who started it.

Wrong! It was Eazy E who implied it.

Too blind to see that you guys are ruining your little Scott Weiland sanctuary?

Instead of discussing the new songs, you guys want to discuss Axl......  hihi

Yeah, like it makes the VR songs better.

Somebody says "this song isn't special. I feel let down".

So you'll say "at least it's not like GN'R!"

Great thinking......

I guess VR will "rock" as long as it's got nothing to do with Axl.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2007, 03:11:28 PM »

This is the worst of the three new songs played live. I heard them all in my pc, and I heard ''Let It Roll'' and ''She Builds Quick Machine'' last sunday at the River Plate Stadium.

They are not ''bad'', that's not the word... they are BORING, more of the same shit. Weiland, as usual, cant sing anything besides his tracks from STP (which ROCKED, especially ''Sex Type Thing'', the best song of the concert BY FAR)

VR started the sunday's show at River with this:

01) Do It For The Kids (with sound problems everywhere, and an almost unhearable bass)
02) New Song, in a huge rock festival with several band, and several kinds of crowds, of people with different musical tastes. C'mon man! Make the crowd explode! Provoke frenzy! We paid a very big amount of money for this, make us rock! But no, they open the show with a mediocre songs that no one knew, and they continued the show promoting their next album...

How do you want to ''evolve'' like this?

It must have been very hard to Weiland the night at River. It was SO obvious that 55.000 people were not looking at him while he was singing. This is the first time in my life that the whole crowd applaud NOT a song, NOT a band, but a single musician of a band. All the River Plate stadium applauded Slash while he was doing his solos, and when they ended, again, more time of boredom.

Completely agree with you, excellent post (well maybe except the bit about promoting their new material - they should be)

I would never say they were bad, they are a straight up rock n roll band. Just I and obviously many others find it a bit boring. Will reserve further judgement until I hear the album version but at first listen there is no evolution as you pointed out.

When I listen to Contraband, I can't help but think I have heard it before somewhere. Fine if that is what you want - I guess a lot of people do. What do others think? Agree - feel free to post a brilliant defence of their music (pref without slagging me off)

Maybe I am missing the point

-Greg

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2007, 03:13:33 PM »

Who cares the fuck evolution?, man, Velvet Revolver is a band of rock n' roll, pure Hard Rock. This song is incredible alive, good riff and it has a great slash' solo.

I you want evolution listen to New guns n' roses, that you will find computer blips, sound tecno, industrial or pop music triyng sound to Rock. there you are the damn evolution

Slither is better than TWAT for me, Why?, bacause I prefer the Rock classic sound, TWAT is boring, too Monotonous, the same base (too pop) and the solos guitars do not convince me, is my opinion.

Anyway whatever is boring for you, is nice to me. It is only a things of tastes...

I prefer Rock classic, so I listen Velvet Revolver, AC/DC, Judas, Megadeth, etc...

If you prefer "Evolution", then listen New guns n' roses or Madonna and her punchi-punchi-punchi-punchi...........
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 03:31:18 PM by Rocker_GNR » Logged

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2007, 03:21:58 PM »

Who cares the fuck evolution?, man, Velvet Revolver is a band of rock n' roll, pure Hard Rock. This song is incredible alive, good riff and it has a great slash' solo.

I you want evolution listen to New guns n' roses, that you will find computer blips, sound tecno, industrial or pop music triyng sound to Rock. there you ar the damn evolution

yeah yeah yeah, the same old argument as always.

You know what, a ''darkie soft pop band'' like Evanescence ROCKED the River Plate stadium a lot more than VR did. Matt Sorum seemed like a noob against Evanescence drummer, and the Evanescence instrumental section made zero mistakes in all their show (we, in argentina, are still trying to figure what the hell VR was trying to play in the opener song, which is listed on the reviews as ''Do It For The Kids''  Huh Huh )

Enough of that ''hard rock, uh uh, cocaine, rock and roll, dude fuckin' fuckin' fuckin'' argument. I want my ears to notice that. And at the River Plate stadium, 3 of the 5 bands (Ratones, Evanescence and OBVIOUSLY Aerosmith) rocked very much harder than VR.

At least, Evanescence drummer knows how to hit his drums in the Evanescence classics (listen to Matt Sorum's intro to Mr Brownstone for more information)

This is why I find funny when some people bashes Brain or Frank when they play Brownstone...

----------------------

Do you know what evolution is? Lets put some examples.

* Slash started playing in small clubs or bars > 1987 releases AFD > 1988 opens for Kiss at the Donington Festival > 1989 opens for the Stones > 1992 plays with Joe Elliot and Queen at the FMTC > 1993 Slash is the maximum guitar rock icon of the world.

* Slash auditioned for Poison > Slash enters GNR > Slash does songs like Jungle, ISE, PC > Slash does songs like November Rain, Estranged, Coma.

Slash evolved until the GNR rupture in 1996.

Now:

* Slash started playing in small clubs or bars > 1987 releases AFD > 1988 opens for Kiss at the Donington Festival > 1989 opens for the Stones > 1992 plays with Joe Elliot and Queen at the FMTC > 1993 Slash is the maximum guitar rock icon of the world.
> Snakepit > VR > Cypress Hill > Paulina Rubio > ''She Builds Quick Machine''

* Slash auditioned for Poison > Slash enters GNR > Slash does songs like Jungle, ISE, PC > Slash does songs like November Rain, Estranged, Coma > Aint Life Grand > Its 5' O clock Somewhere > Contraband > Paulina Rubio > ''She Builds Quick Machine''

You see? I'm not talkin ONLY about musical directions. It's quite obvious that Slash involved. But he STILL has ''that'', he is still a monster onstage, that's why I want him to quit that mediocre band to be again the same than before. He has to quit VR before being too late. Weiland (and VR) is ruining all his reputation. I love him, that's why I think he needs to quit VR urgently.

When Slash says that he would accept a GNR reunion ''for a few shows'' he's implicitly agreeing with what I'm saying. I think he knows he's losing his time with VR, but he cant do anything about it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 03:33:01 PM by estebanf » Logged

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2007, 03:23:41 PM »

I you want evolution listen to New guns n' roses, that you will find computer blips, sound tecno, industrial or pop music triyng sound to Rock. there you ar the damn evolution

evolution is always important. whats the point if u keep churning out the same album over and over? its boring for both the fans and musicians
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 03:25:28 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2007, 03:41:36 PM »

Evolution in music is only an option, if you want take it, Velvet Revolver prefer take the same formula and I am glad for that attitude...

Velvet Revolver will keeping rockin', no doubt about it.

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2007, 03:50:06 PM »

the Evanescence classics

is there such a thing?  rofl

and how can one respect your opinion when you are clearly a Evanascence fan hihi

nobody forced you to buy that VR Concert Ticket if you didnt like it (isnt that the argument we use in the other section?) and if we are gonna go soley on concert reviews then GnR isnt doing so shit hot either....at least Slash didnt get beat up by a clothing designer that uses child slave labour hihi (ooooh low blow)

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2007, 03:56:38 PM »

evolution is always important. whats the point if u keep churning out the same album over and over? its boring for both the fans and musicians

I love how AC/DC made the same album over and over!  They rocked every time!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2007, 04:18:34 PM »

the Evanescence classics

is there such a thing?  rofl

That would be an interesting question if it was made by ANY BAND FAN, but not from a VR fan dude...

The whole stadium sang along with ''Bring Me To Life'', ''Going Under'', ''Lithium'', and ''My Immortal'' was something u-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-e. At least, in Evanescence, you can notice inmediatly what song is a hit and what song isnt. What are the VR hits? Brownstone? Sex Type Thing? Crackerman? Wish You Were Here? Dont suggest me that VR has ''classics'' or ''huge hits'' because I will have to laugh my fucking ass off ...

and how can one respect your opinion when you are clearly a Evanascence fan hihi

Im not an Evanescence fan, but I have to admit (with all the pain that causes it to me) that Evanescence rocked harder and had a better reception from the crowd than VR. You know what is funny? That a female singer, fat like a fucking pig, dressed with a scotch skirt knew how to interact with 60.000 people that the non-existent VR frontman.

nobody forced you to buy that VR Concert Ticket if you didnt like it (isnt that the argument we use in the other section?) and if we are gonna go soley on concert reviews then GnR isnt doing so shit hot either....at least Slash didnt get beat up by a clothing designer that uses child slave labour hihi (ooooh low blow)

What a strong music-related argument man... try again when you have coins to insert  hihi

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2007, 04:26:35 PM »

2 year old songs aren't classics....no matter what kinda fan i am. hows that for music related Tongue

and why the fuck are we comparing VR to Evanescence anyway?

if you dont like VR thats cool, but some of us in this section do...so it'd be cool if you didnt try to bash them all the time....some people do like them ya know Wink peace

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2007, 04:48:15 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45wiR4KryZA

Great Clip of this song!? I love it now!

I like it a lot
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2007, 04:50:21 PM »

and why the fuck are we comparing VR to Evanescence anyway?

I guess he mentioned them because they played the same stage at the same festival?

Woohoo! Yet another GN'R and Axl mention in the VR section. Way to go!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2007, 04:51:35 PM »

Woohoo! Yet another GN'R and Axl mention in the VR section. Way to go!

you're welcome Grin

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2007, 05:34:44 PM »

Wrong! It was Eazy E who implied it.

Says the guy who just posted this one thread over:

You're not disappointed/upset that it's not coming out in May or June?

hihi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: