Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:07:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228118 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Still no official word on Brain
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Still no official word on Brain  (Read 9826 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 09:00:42 PM »

You're assuming the band isn't open or truthful and that Brain is out just because he's not touring.

You have to agree though there is precedent in terms of the band not being truthful about the status of one of its members and whether or not they had left. You remember them swearing up and down he was still in the band despite media outlets saying otherwise, Only for Axl to confirm in that Rio letter that he had been gone a while. This wouldn't be the first time this sort of thing has happened with this band.

Was he not asked to re-join?

Wonder why they didn't say Buckethead was out while they still tried to get him back....

Different situation.

im a firm beiever the album will come out this year but as fans we have been shit on from a great height....

Who made you the spokesperson for all fans?

Once again, you want updates only to say "I don't need to hear this, I want a release date" or "this is bullshit, they're lying to me because this guy, who works for this other guy who knows another guy, told me so".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 09:06:26 PM »

Wonder why they didn't say Buckethead was out while they still tried to get him back....

Different situation.

That may be true and the same thing may be happening with Brain right now for all we know. You just stated it as such a matter of fact that they have never mislead about the status of a band member (intentionally or unintentionally) and I was just pointing out that regardless of the circumstances surrounding it there is a precedent for this sort of thing.
gnr2k6
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 09:10:09 PM »

now now jarmo .......
iv never been one to call anything here bullshit....for the most part i just like reading but cmon 15 fuckin years.....its a joke......relase date here release date there IT NEVER HAPPENS,
to be honest i couldnt give a crap what you think jarmo becuase ur opinion is equal to mine and im entitled to it with out you rubbishng what i say........if you know something come out with it instead of just shooting people down.

ps.......if chinese democracy comes out it will be gnr's last album unless axl can live till 150 years old when he can bring it together to get another 64 band members and that "perfect sound"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 09:31:40 PM »

That may be true and the same thing may be happening with Brain right now for all we know. You just stated it as such a matter of fact that they have never mislead about the status of a band member (intentionally or unintentionally) and I was just pointing out that regardless of the circumstances surrounding it there is a precedent for this sort of thing.

No, I pointed out that maybe they're not doing the things they were accused of in this particular case.

The band is constantly attacked for lying and treating their fans like shit.

now now jarmo .......
iv never been one to call anything here bullshit....for the most part i just like reading but cmon 15 fuckin years.....its a joke......relase date here release date there IT NEVER HAPPENS,
to be honest i couldnt give a crap what you think jarmo becuase ur opinion is equal to mine and im entitled to it with out you rubbishng what i say........if you know something come out with it instead of just shooting people down.

Learn how to fucking read. That's my tip to you.

Just because you read something and think it means the album is coming out on a certain date, doesn't mean it's what the band said.

There's been one tentative release date so far. One!

/jarmo

PS Since you're only here to whine about the same old shit, it's time for you to fuck off. We've had enough funny guys like you here already. ok

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 09:32:33 PM »

now now jarmo .......

ps.......if chinese democracy comes out it will be gnr's last album unless axl can live till 150 years old when he can bring it together to get another 64 band members and that "perfect sound"

It would be nice to know when this album is coming out , verses story after story pertaining to why it is not coming out
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 09:57:13 PM »

Maybe if the fans weren't such ungrateful assholes, Axl would give us a date. 

I blame all of you.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 10:13:28 PM »

Not a asshole like you just higher standards as a fan
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 10:19:12 PM »

Judging by some of the posts I've seen, high standards means getting what you want exactly when you want it.

It's not high standards, it's just that the band should adjust to your life and your "needs".

In other words, become one of those so called "sell outs" that tries so hard to please everybody.

/jarmo

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 10:21:33 PM »

Why do you need to know about Brain RIGHT NOW? It'll all come out in due time, whatever the situation is. If he's not in GNR, then he'll probably be back with Praxis, since they have a CD coming. I win either way!

AdlerAddict
Banned
Opening Act

I'm baaaaaaack.

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 10:33:30 PM »

If Brain is gone, we'll see him eventually in a Primus tour.
ben9785
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 10:40:55 PM »

Yknow what this thread isn't directly linked to the purpose of thread, but carrying on the previous conversation, look I admit for a while, while I have never been completely against the status of the band and the ongoing issues, there were many points where I was just really frustrated and disappointed, and that went all the way up through to Christmas last year when Merck's "10 Tuesdays left" theory or whatever was at its peak, but after Axl's letter came out, yknow what it has been reassuring, and in the time since it does seem like there is progress in the background.. after that, i backed off from continued interest in these boards and listened to different bands and stayed away with the occasional comeback.. and then i came back a few weeks ago, and my 'surprise' was that an Australian tour was impending..
You just got to try and stay patient. It really is a difficult and fucked up progress involving many legalities in the background, just have to wait it out. I feel sure the album should come out this year, especially since all recording has finished.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 10:42:34 PM »

Primus as of now is:

Les Claypool ? vocals, bass (1984?present)
Larry "Ler" LaLonde ? guitar (1989?present)
Tim "Herb" Alexander ? drums (1989?1996, 2002?present)

So why would they fire their second drummer? Who is back....for Brain? Since Brain is still with Guns N' Roses.

Some of you guys do not make sense at all.....

People really need to fuck off on this Brain department thing.

The man just had a kid, he has a life, some people are assuming way too much out of this.

Get real some of you!

Fuck All Y'all
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 10:53:30 PM »

Primus as of now is:

Les Claypool ? vocals, bass (1984?present)
Larry "Ler" LaLonde ? guitar (1989?present)
Tim "Herb" Alexander ? drums (1989?1996, 2002?present)

So why would they fire their second drummer? Who is back....for Brain? Since Brain is still with Guns N' Roses.

Some of you guys do not make sense at all.....

People really need to fuck off on this Brain department thing.

The man just had a kid, he has a life, some people are assuming way too much out of this.

Get real some of you!

You are right, Primus does not make sense, but Praxis does! Just pulling your chain. As I just said, it'll all come out, whatever it is, and like Ben114 said, it's gonna take time, but I know some of us don't want to hear that right now. But, we have no choice.

flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2007, 11:53:38 PM »

Judging by some of the posts I've seen, high standards means getting what you want exactly when you want it.

It's not high standards, it's just that the band should adjust to your life and your "needs".

In other words, become one of those so called "sell outs" that tries so hard to please everybody.

/jarmo

don't read into my posts any more then you act like you need to . I only want to know when the album is coming out so I can buy it  and enjoy it..period
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 12:05:08 AM »

the last official word was he is still in the band.  if he wasn't, i dont see why they would deny it when they have Frank right there to do the job.

Also, Brain did come back after he left the European tour to play 5 shows in Vegas, SF and San Bernadino.   So it went Brain then Frank, then Brain again, and then Frank. 

now, I might be assuming here, but Brain lives in the bay area, and those 5 shows he played after he had his daughter are all in pretty close proximity to where he lives and didn't require him to tour the country.    and when it came time to do the full blown tour, they used Frank.   They are going overseas again and have said they are taking Frank again, but I believe we will see Brain with the band again in the next year or two.   
ben9785
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 01:38:48 AM »

Yknow what I haven't really followed the Brain story, but my last word on this is that, definitely, just like they did with Buckethead, if Brain was out, I'm sure there would have been at the very least a short statement from someone in the band or representing.
GunsNCrowes
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 05:02:48 AM »

Frank was good at MSG and seems like a cool guy.  That being said, Brain is amazing and I think it'd be a big loss.  This band sounds really tight with him behind the kit--the Vegas show I saw was mindblowing.  He's a real "musician's musician." 
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 09:27:41 AM »

I imagine we'll see Brain behind the kit for Gn'R on their North American tour this year ok

Wouldn't be surprised if he's taking a break from overseas touring to continue to be with his family.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 09:32:19 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 09:45:51 AM »

Plenty of bands have two drummers that take turns playing on albums and tours.?

What bands? Ive heard of replacement drummers. But ive never seen a band list its lineup with two drummers, unless they are both playing at the same time.

And everyone needs to calm the fuck down with the assumption thing. Looks like the mods are trying to flex on somebody who doesnt deserve it if you ask me. Chill the fuck out and talk about Guns N' Roses. As the mods have said before, no need for useless conversation (drivel) in the Guns N' Roses section.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 09:58:57 AM »

You're assuming the band isn't open or truthful and that Brain is out just because he's not touring.

You have to agree though there is precedent in terms of the band not being truthful about the status of one of its members and whether or not they had left. You remember them swearing up and down he was still in the band despite media outlets saying otherwise, Only for Axl to confirm in that Rio letter that he had been gone a while. This wouldn't be the first time this sort of thing has happened with this band.

Different situation.

im a firm beiever the album will come out this year but as fans we have been shit on from a great height....

Who made you the spokesperson for all fans?

Once again, you want updates only to say "I don't need to hear this, I want a release date" or "this is bullshit, they're lying to me because this guy, who works for this other guy who knows another guy, told me so".

/jarmo

In general you are a huge prick Jarmo. You ruin almost every conversation. Every response from you in this thread has been some smartass answer. Dude you run a fucking message board. Everyones opinion is equal to yours, people can say what they want. And dont tell me to go somewhere else, as far as a message board, ill give you full props that this one is the best. But over the last year, with the resurgance of the gunners, youve taken it a little bit too far.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: