Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:02:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses TV ad for the Australian gigs/post other ad photos here!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses TV ad for the Australian gigs/post other ad photos here!!  (Read 20926 times)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2007, 01:17:28 AM »

Wow.. this got very serious uh!! 1st of all, this ad was done by fuckin' promoters, we don't even know if this gigs will happen. And I can't believe that you guys are bringing back that old Slash discussion, you know I'm tired...

Since I got to understand what this new band is about: W. Axl Rose, everything became easier to accept, this is Axl's support band, and there is nothing wrong with that, well, maybe the fuckin name, but I still hope for the day that Axl will understand that people don't need to be hold by a name, they don't go to concerts to see GNR, but to see Axl fuckin' Rose! Wink

Couldnt have said it better myself, Axls a smart business man, but may not have street smarts i.e he didnt have to keep the name for the "new band",
Once chinese democracy is released, he will be relieved in knowing that the album itself will carry the band alot further then the name "guns n roses" ever could!.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2007, 01:23:20 AM »

Fuck.... people lets just wait and see....

When Im Gone.............
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2007, 01:27:25 AM »

You say GN'R will play GN'R songs ? What you should say out of fairness, is that the new GN'R will play the classic lineups songs.

AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Metallica, Pearl Jam etc etc etc

They all have played or still play songs that were recorded with different line ups.

I guess that's fine because they're not GN'R?

/jarmo

you're right
well only on gunsnroses shows people want to hear b songs not hit songs.
it's great promo i only want to know how did they get welcome to the jungle from donington

I have never seen so many tree
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2007, 01:32:11 AM »

It is lame beyond belief that "Chinese Democracy World Tour" promotion is made with AFD studio audio. It would be sad already if they had used AFD songs recorded live by Axl's band, but to use studio GNR recordings of 20 years ago (when no one of GNR is there except Axl) is just lame (and deceitful, of course).
Luciano

You know, I almost have to agree.

I'd figure after 15 years, they'd be able to at least play a second or two of a new song.

I guess Axl never really did get over Slash.

Sounds like you didn't get over the fact that Slash quit over ten years ago.

They're using Guns N' Roses classics in a promotional clip promoting the Guns N' Roses shows in Australia . Who would've guessed?

/jarmo

Ya, and they're also promoting it as the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

It's a shame they're not using songs from the actual Chinese Democarcy album to use as promotion.  Roll Eyes

Or better yet, they should call it the Appetite for Destruction World Tour...at least then it would match their promotion tactics.
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2007, 01:35:20 AM »

This board needs group therapy!!

SLCPUNK
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2007, 01:36:17 AM »

Some of you nerds are never happy.
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2007, 01:40:48 AM »

Some of you nerds are never happy.

Its funny how many of the members have a victim mentality. I just like GN'R past and present, whatever happens happens. I am just happy with all the music I have been exposed to by GN'R ChiDem or not!

SLCPUNK
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2007, 01:44:41 AM »

Its funny how many of the members have a victim mentality. I just like GN'R past and present, whatever happens happens. I am just happy with all the music I have been exposed to by GN'R ChiDem or not!

That is what I'm saying. They are fucking touring and have an ad for a tour. Is that good? No, because they are playing a song from AFD (never mind that is probably the most recognized song by the band for the general public.) Boo hoo hoo.

Whatever happens, happens, and while that happened, I got to see them 5 times and shake Axl's hand. You know what? I'll take that.
Cooker
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2007, 01:45:55 AM »

Just to clarify I was not attacking you ^^

elmir
VIP

« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2007, 01:52:47 AM »

It's a shame they're not using songs from the actual Chinese Democarcy album to use as promotion.  Roll Eyes
Or better yet, they should call it the Appetite for Destruction World Tour...at least then it would match their promotion tactics.

wow, how many times are we going to go around in circles on this one?
can't you read man?

its not them who are doing this.....the sooner you understand this, the easier it will be to deal with it.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2007, 02:00:56 AM »

^^^sorry i didnt read all five pages.? It's the aussie's who put this ad together?? They don't have to pass it by any of the GNR crue? weird...and even weirder that the GNR crue would have accepted an AFD promotional ad for a chinese democracy world tour.... Roll Eyes
elmir
VIP

« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2007, 02:04:29 AM »

^^^sorry i didnt read all five pages.  It's the aussie's who put this ad together?  They don't have to pass it by any of the GNR crue? weird...and even weirder that the GNR crue would have accepted an AFD promotional ad for a chinese democracy world tour.... Roll Eyes

yeah.
these are always done locally, and paid for by the promoter and the sponsor....the band gets paid upfront a fixed fee, and that's it for them....then its up to the promoter to make as much money as they can to pay off the investment....so they usually tend to push out cheaply produced tv ads....

they won't take the risk of using any new material for promos.....it would be just plain silly of them to do that.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2007, 02:11:35 AM »

^^^sorry i didnt read all five pages.? It's the aussie's who put this ad together?? They don't have to pass it by any of the GNR crue? weird...and even weirder that the GNR crue would have accepted an AFD promotional ad for a chinese democracy world tour.... Roll Eyes

yeah.
these are always done locally, and paid for by the promoter and the sponsor....the band gets paid upfront a fixed fee, and that's it for them....then its up to the promoter to make as much money as they can to pay off the investment....so they usually tend to push out cheaply produced tv ads....

they won't take the risk of using any new material for promos.....it would be just plain silly of them to do that.

I guess it's hard to express a sarcastic tone over the internet...because I thought I laid it on pretty heavy.

But since you explained it so nicely and friendly maybe I can detract my sarcasim.? Kiss
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2007, 02:20:59 AM »

Checkout this gronk whos extorting guns n roses fans by selling gnr aus tickets 3 TIMES! !! !! WHAT THERE WORTH

Good one William Bailey69 , your a Great sculper, NOT!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4-x-Guns-N-Roses-Gold-Tickets-June-15th-Melbourne_W0QQitemZ260109141564QQihZ016QQcategoryZ305QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dont buy from this dkhead!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2007, 02:58:37 AM »

Seriously, some of you need to get a grip of yourselves. "WTTJ in a GNR commercial? That sucks, no one but Axl is still in the band that recorded it..."

So what? Axl was there, contributed to the song, effin sang it... but no, can't use it in a commercial?

So that'd be like every band that has ever gone through a line-up change needs to stop using their old songs for promotion purposes.

Best GNR years for a long time, 2006 and now this year. But some of you are never happy.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2007, 03:22:23 AM »

It still doesn't make sense that they're using 20 year old songs to promote a new tour. At least include a couple seconds of one of the new songs
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2007, 03:27:15 AM »

It still doesn't make sense that they're using 20 year old songs to promote a new tour. At least include a couple seconds of one of the new songs

Well considering they haven't toured Australia in 14 years, they're not that old to the Aussie crowd... hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2007, 03:39:02 AM »

like the Boston 2002 promo they just could have thrown in 8-10sec of new music parts by the new band and still blast paradise, scom whatever. the more die hard fans would love it for sure, and all others would also have seen that there is new stuff to come (pretty interesting one aswell maybe) actually played by the band they will get to see live!

wouldnt be hard to do, huh? but hey, there is a (most likely) full Maddy from the Boston02 promo floating around so its easy to put 1+1 together that the gnr camp doesnt want to take the risk again more leaks occur just cause of an aussie tv commercial? hihi

Re-Union time, baby!!
badapple81
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2007, 04:05:11 AM »

Please understand that the promotor puts this together and probably has limited material to work with.

Jarmo could you please clean this thread up if you have time? I'd love to post some scans of cool ads and stuff but they will probably get lost with all these jackasses comments which belong back in 1999.

Some of you need to get over it. It has been years already. If you hate it that much, why are you still coming back?? Spend your time on something you enjoy and support, put some positivity in your lives. Go away!
elmir
VIP

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2007, 04:35:31 AM »

like the Boston 2002 promo they just could have thrown in 8-10sec of new music parts by the new band and still blast paradise, scom whatever. the more die hard fans would love it for sure, and all others would also have seen that there is new stuff to come (pretty interesting one aswell maybe) actually played by the band they will get to see live!

wouldnt be hard to do, huh? but hey, there is a (most likely) full Maddy from the Boston02 promo floating around so its easy to put 1+1 together that the gnr camp doesnt want to take the risk again more leaks occur just cause of an aussie tv commercial  hihi

1. boston promo was done in the states. in the Us, gnr feature more prominently in media. chances are pretty good that gnr management may have had a say in that tv ad.

2. if the australian network was to do the same, this would result in the production time being extended from a few hours to at least 2-3 days...who is going to pay for this time?

3. gnr has nothing to do with these ads....so stop pretending like they do.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: