Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:15:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses TV ad for the Australian gigs/post other ad photos here!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses TV ad for the Australian gigs/post other ad photos here!!  (Read 20864 times)
AdlerAddict
Banned
Opening Act

I'm baaaaaaack.

« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2007, 04:54:59 PM »

Can you imagine if VR used a TV advert showing the members of VR with audio of 'Its So Easy' featuring Axl on vocals. Wouldn't that be viewed as missleading? Smiley

Is this for real?

You really don't see the difference?

I give up, I don't know how to explain that GN'R will play GN'R songs at the GN'R shows to you......

Do you want me to make a picture for you or something? Would that make it easier?

/jarmo

It's the way that you say this that is misleading, jarmo.

You say GN'R will play GN'R songs ? What you should say out of fairness, is that the new GN'R will play the classic lineups songs.

By you saying this the way that you do, it appears that you are talking about the same band. Before anyone throws out "they are the same band". I'm well aware Axl decided to keep the "band name" the same, but they are most certainly not the same band. That is not a put down to the new band. It is just a factual statement.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2007, 04:55:55 PM »

We don't even know if it's the band,. It might just be something the promoter did to sell tickets.

that's what i said....its usually the promoter who decides on these things....bands don't advertise themselves when they go on tour....its usually the promoters or the sponsors who generate the marketing material.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2007, 04:57:19 PM »

How do we know that it isn't actually clips of the rerecorded AFD?

Even though I'm sure it isn't, but ya never know.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2007, 04:58:52 PM »

Even though I'm sure it isn't, but ya never know.

Get real  hihi
elmir
VIP

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2007, 05:00:30 PM »

because no one else other than Axl Rose and his immediate team has access to those....i doubt they would hand them out to some promoter somewhere....we all know those guys are real trustworthy.... beer

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
maynard
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2007, 05:12:14 PM »

cool ad
lame songs
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2007, 05:15:22 PM »

By you saying this the way that you do, it appears that you are talking about the same band. Before anyone throws out "they are the same band". I'm well aware Axl decided to keep the "band name" the same, but they are most certainly not the same band. That is not a put down to the new band. It is just a factual statement.

Sorry for my ignorance but in your definition were the band in 1992 and in 1988 same? Or in 1996?
badapple81
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2007, 05:17:19 PM »

You expect the promotor, who has probably alread spent tens of thousands, if not more, to organise these shows, book the arenas etc. not to use the biggest GN'R songs to promote the concerts and get people to them so he/she actually gets a return from their investment? Wake up people.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2007, 05:22:47 PM »

You say GN'R will play GN'R songs ? What you should say out of fairness, is that the new GN'R will play the classic lineups songs.

AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Metallica, Pearl Jam etc etc etc

They all have played or still play songs that were recorded with different line ups.

I guess that's fine because they're not GN'R?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2007, 05:32:56 PM »

ajJAja This Topic Is Very... very Funny...

GUNS N' ROSES Are back... In Your Face !!

* SOLD OUT *

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2007, 05:34:28 PM »

I wish they'd put the old band in the promos, like they did with the European tour.? That gets people just as excited as hearing the old band's music.

The VR comparison was weak.  Let me try and explain the difference for you $lash fans...

Axl sings for Guns N' Roses.  He owns a piece of paper that CLEARLY STATES that whoever is playing in a band with him is "Guns n' Roses."  Slash does not own such a piece of paper.  Therefore, Slash's band (even if it featured, Steven, Duff and Izzy) would still not be "Guns N' Roses."  On the other hand, if Axl hired a bunch of clowns and midgets from a  kid's birthday party, they would be Guns N' Roses.  And as a result, they would have EVERY RIGHT IN THE WORLD to publicize their tour using the songs / image of the "old" band.

But this "old band" vs. "new band" debate is tired.  There's no such thing as "old" or "new."  There's no such thing as a "band."  There is Axl, his legal documents, and a legacy of great music.   beer
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 05:39:00 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2007, 05:41:41 PM »

* SOLD OUT *

HBK *

HBK,
thank you for keeping us on track with regard to tour locations, tour dates, ticket sales, etc....
You are a priceless resource.. ok

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2007, 05:50:41 PM »

* SOLD OUT *

HBK *

Guns n ' Roses never disappeared man, was there all the time, in independent projects but was there all the time, until today.

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2007, 05:54:36 PM »

I wish they'd put the old band in the promos, like they did with the European tour.? That gets people just as excited as hearing the old band's music.

The VR comparison was weak.? Let me try and explain the difference for you $lash fans...

Axl sings for Guns N' Roses.? He owns a piece of paper that CLEARLY STATES that whoever is playing in a band with him is "Guns n' Roses."? Slash does not own such a piece of paper.? Therefore, Slash's band (even if it featured, Steven, Duff and Izzy) would still not be "Guns N' Roses."? On the other hand, if Axl hired a bunch of clowns and midgets from a? kid's birthday party, they would be Guns N' Roses.? And as a result, they would have EVERY RIGHT IN THE WORLD to publicize their tour using the songs / image of the "old" band.

But this "old band" vs. "new band" debate is tired.? There's no such thing as "old" or "new."? There's no such thing as a "band."? There is Axl, his legal documents, and a legacy of great music.? ?beer

...and where is the chemistry of music my friend?...the "thing" that made YOU a GN'R fan? peace

"...It don't really matter..."
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2007, 07:20:41 PM »

Saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers last night at the Acer Arena (awesome show!) and there was a huge banner hanging out the front for Guns N Roses. It wasn't actually a very good banner, the symbol etc were stupid, but WOOO!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2007, 07:35:06 PM »

* SOLD OUT *

HBK *

Guns n ' Roses never disappeared man, was there all the time, in independent projects but was there all the time, until today.

you are right

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2007, 07:37:11 PM »

It is lame beyond belief that "Chinese Democracy World Tour" promotion is made with AFD studio audio. It would be sad already if they had used AFD songs recorded live by Axl's band, but to use studio GNR recordings of 20 years ago (when no one of GNR is there except Axl) is just lame (and deceitful, of course).
Luciano

You know, I almost have to agree.

I'd figure after 15 years, they'd be able to at least play a second or two of a new song.

I guess Axl never really did get over Slash.

What the fuck is wrong with you 2? If you dont like it then stay the fuck out. Go play in the VR section.\

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2007, 08:03:54 PM »

It's disappointing to see a positive topic about an Ad for the upcoming GN'R Aussie tour turn into another old vs new thread.

Like has been said, the promoter will want return on their investment of bringing GN'R here so I doubt they'd use unreleased songs from CD as their hook in an Ad.

If CD was out already, it may be a different scenario, but it's not yet, so the big hits that people already know were used. Big f**kin deal!

I still haven't seen this on tv yet. What time has it usually been shown?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2007, 08:07:55 PM »

It's disappointing to see a positive topic about an Ad for the upcoming GN'R Aussie tour turn into another old vs new thread.

Like has been said, the promoter will want return on their investment of bringing GN'R here so I doubt they'd use unreleased songs from CD as their hook in an Ad.

If CD was out already, it may be a different scenario, but it's not yet, so the big hits that people already know were used. Big f**kin deal!

I still haven't seen this on tv yet. What time has it usually been shown?

Its reminds me of the Metallica thread LOL

I aint seen the ad either. Apart from youtube but has it been on any other stations apart from 10?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
overmatik
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2007, 09:18:03 PM »

Wow.. this got very serious uh!! 1st of all, this ad was done by fuckin' promoters, we don't even know if this gigs will happen. And I can't believe that you guys are bringing back that old Slash discussion, you know I'm tired...

Since I got to understand what this new band is about: W. Axl Rose, everything became easier to accept, this is Axl's support band, and there is nothing wrong with that, well, maybe the fuckin name, but I still hope for the day that Axl will understand that people don't need to be hold by a name, they don't go to concerts to see GNR, but to see Axl fuckin' Rose! Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: