Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:43:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses TV ad for the Australian gigs/post other ad photos here!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses TV ad for the Australian gigs/post other ad photos here!!  (Read 20902 times)
elmir
VIP

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 04:14:25 PM »

*misleading to who?*
Missleading to those who see the advert and hear the music, only to arrive at the gig to discover there's a different bunch of guys standing on the stage playing the tunes. That's pretty missleading  hihi

they will still get to hear those songs live....that's what they're going for in anycase...to hear their old favorites live....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »

*misleading to who?*
Missleading to those who see the advert and hear the music, only to arrive at the gig to discover there's a different bunch of guys standing on the stage playing the tunes. That's pretty missleading  hihi

they will still get to hear those songs live....that's what they're going for in anycase...to hear their old favorites live....

Agreed. They will get to hear their old favourites as performed by a new group. Thats a fact.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 04:17:35 PM »

Agreed. They will get to hear their old favourites as performed by a new group. Thats a fact.

sure....also, 90% of gnr concert goers now know that slash is no longer....so those tv ads are not misleading at all....at most, it may cause a slight case of confusion....but definitelly not disappointment....far from that.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2007, 04:19:00 PM »

sure....also, 90% of gnr concert goers now know that slash is no longer....so those tv ads are not misleading at all....at most, it may cause a slight case of confusion....but definitelly not disappointment....far from that.

I think most people would agree, the advert should have used audio from the new band Smiley
elmir
VIP

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2007, 04:21:29 PM »

I think most people would agree, the advert should have used audio from the new band Smiley

no ways...unless its a generic guitar riff....no ways in hell....maybe in the US, where the fans are a little bit more literate when it comes to the gnr state of affairs....but on other continents....you want to sell out those arenas....so using the afd soundtrack is the safest way to go...

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2007, 04:22:00 PM »

It would be sad already if they had used AFD songs recorded live by Axl's band, but to use studio GNR recordings of 20 years ago (when no one of GNR is there except Axl) is just lame (and deceitful, of course).

In that case, (and FWIW I don't want to see a reunion) If there was ever to be a reunion, then they shouldn't do Better, Catcher, The Blues et al, either with the original line up - get real. ?

The music and the band have evolved, they have every right to refer to their history in promoting the tour, the other sold their claim to the name and the music - get over it...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2007, 04:26:03 PM »

no ways...unless its a generic guitar riff....no ways in hell....maybe in the US, where the fans are a little bit more literate when it comes to the gnr state of affairs....but on other continents....you want to sell out those arenas....so using the afd soundtrack is the safest way to go...

By using the 'afd soundtrack', isn't that the same as saying the new band need the help of 'Slash and the boys' to help sell out arenas. So are you saying, if they used audio from the new band, the arena tickets would not sell so well?

They could have used 'Oh MY God' and the re recorded 'Sweat Child Omine'  Grin
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 04:31:17 PM by redx » Logged
elmir
VIP

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2007, 04:29:48 PM »

By using the 'afd soundtrack', isn't the same as saying the new band need the help of 'Slash and the boys' to help sell out arenas. So are you saying, if they used audio from the new band, the arena tickets would not sell so well?

its not the same at all....axl wrote all those songs with his friends...he has every right to use them for whatever he wants....

yes, the afd soundtrack on a tv ad has a better chance of getting a positive response than a chorus from madagascar....

but anyway, that's besides the point, read a few posts above, i explained how these ads get put together, so its not axl's directive to use afd material, its probably a generic decision taken up by some post production staff member who was doing it....

i seriously doubt that the ad had to go through an approval process of any kind....so what we see is probably the first and only draft of it.

redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2007, 04:37:31 PM »

By using the 'afd soundtrack', isn't the same as saying the new band need the help of 'Slash and the boys' to help sell out arenas. So are you saying, if they used audio from the new band, the arena tickets would not sell so well?

its not the same at all....axl wrote all those songs with his friends...he has every right to use them for whatever he wants....

yes, the afd soundtrack on a tv ad has a better chance of getting a positive response than a chorus from madagascar....

but anyway, that's besides the point, read a few posts above, i explained how these ads get put together, so its not axl's directive to use afd material, its probably a generic decision taken up by some post production staff member who was doing it....

i seriously doubt that the ad had to go through an approval process of any kind....so what we see is probably the first and only draft of it.

Can you imagine if VR used a TV advert showing the members of VR with audio of 'Its So Easy' featuring Axl on vocals. Wouldn't that be viewed as missleading  Smiley

Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2007, 04:38:48 PM »

*misleading to who?*
Missleading to those who see the advert and hear the music, only to arrive at the gig to discover there's a different bunch of guys standing on the stage playing the tunes. That's pretty missleading? hihi

yeah hear the music..SEE the commercial which has the new band playing the songs live..sure its old recordings..but the guys they see on the screen are going to be the ones at the concert..DUH!?

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2007, 04:39:39 PM »

So suddenly Slash is responsible for creating Appetite For Destruction on his own and GN'R are using his name to sell tickets?

How many times does it need repeating before you Slash lovers get it?

They're using Guns N' Roses songs to promote the Guns N' Roses concerts where Guns N' Roses will most likely perform those old classic Guns N' Roses songs.

Do you see a pattern here?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2007, 04:40:19 PM »

Can you imagine if VR used a TV advert showing the members of VR with audio of 'Its So Easy' featuring Axl on vocals. Wouldn't that be viewed as missleading  Smiley

ah...but VR is an active band, and It's so Easy is not a part of their discography....they have an active management team, and probably a PR agent, who would ensure that the TV ad gets done in a manner which benefits the band...

completely different story.

redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2007, 04:41:05 PM »

*misleading to who?*

yeah hear the music..SEE the commercial which has the new band playing the songs live..sure its old recordings..but the guys they see on the screen are going to be the ones at the concert..DUH!?

Agreed. Sure, you'll see the same guys as were on the commercial, and get a different sound  peace
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2007, 04:42:22 PM »

So suddenly Slash is responsible for creating Appetite For Destruction on his own and GN'R are using his name to sell tickets?

They're using Guns N' Roses songs to promote the Guns N' Roses concerts where Guns N' Roses will most likely perform those old classic Guns N' Roses songs.

/jarmo

It seems to take a very long time for it to settle in with a lot of these idiots Jarmo. They cant move on, they cant accept change and they are very quick to moan about the band and its members! Mike

elmir
VIP

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2007, 04:43:23 PM »

Agreed. Sure, you'll see the same guys as were on the commercial, and get a different sound  peace

live renditions of studio recordings always sound different.....

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2007, 04:43:53 PM »

Any former member should have the right to play GnR song.. That goes for Slash, Duff Izzy, Steven and Axl!
Axl is still in GnR. so why shouldent he use the bands classics to promote his tour? When Gilby joind the band.. should they
drop any kind promotion which included Appetite material`?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2007, 04:45:30 PM »

Is this for real?

You really don't see the difference?

I give up, I don't know how to explain that GN'R will play GN'R songs at the GN'R shows to you......

Do you want me to make a picture for you or something? Would that make it easier?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2007, 04:48:20 PM »

/jarmo

Agreed. The new band are using Gn'R material to promote the new Gn'R line up, to help sell tickets, so that people can hear those old classic Gn'R songs performed live.

Yes I do see the pattern.

The sooner the new band release their album the better.
There are times I sense they are afraid. Afraid of being judged on their own work.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2007, 04:50:11 PM »

sorry redx, but i gotta give it to jarmo on this one.....you are fighting a losing battle....

the band is doing nothing wrong or morally incorrect by using this type of promotion....its not their decision, so they're not the ones to blame...i do understand where you're coming from, as i feel the same way very often, but in this scenario....you're off the mark.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2007, 04:53:19 PM »

the band is doing nothing wrong or morally incorrect by using this type of promotion....

We don't even know if it's the band,. It might just be something the promoter did to sell tickets.

That's fine too.

Those songs are the ones people know and love to hear.

You can't promote a show with "Come and listen to obscure b-sides and unreleased tracks picked by a group of fans on an online message board".....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: