Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 03:00:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses TV ad for the Australian gigs/post other ad photos here!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses TV ad for the Australian gigs/post other ad photos here!!  (Read 20924 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 02:22:07 PM »

Nice TV ad!

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 02:27:56 PM »

awesomeness!  beer I so hope they'll come back to Finland on this tour  Smiley

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
AdlerAddict
Banned
Opening Act

I'm baaaaaaack.

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 02:31:12 PM »

It is lame beyond belief that "Chinese Democracy World Tour" promotion is made with AFD studio audio. It would be sad already if they had used AFD songs recorded live by Axl's band, but to use studio GNR recordings of 20 years ago (when no one of GNR is there except Axl) is just lame (and deceitful, of course).
Luciano

You know, I almost have to agree.

I'd figure after 15 years, they'd be able to at least play a second or two of a new song.

I guess Axl never really did get over Slash.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 02:53:58 PM »

Cheesy That's it!  the real band today.
everyone looks so cool. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 02:58:29 PM »

It is lame beyond belief that "Chinese Democracy World Tour" promotion is made with AFD studio audio. It would be sad already if they had used AFD songs recorded live by Axl's band, but to use studio GNR recordings of 20 years ago (when no one of GNR is there except Axl) is just lame (and deceitful, of course).
Luciano

I'd figure after 15 years, they'd be able to at least play a second or two of a new song.

Sounds like you didn't get over the fact that Slash quit over ten years ago.

They're using Guns N' Roses classics in a promotional clip promoting the Guns N' Roses shows in Australia . Who would've guessed?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 03:06:45 PM »

it's just me or in the end of the commercial the voice says "GN'R LIES"... ?? confused

He says "GNR LIVE"

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AdlerAddict
Banned
Opening Act

I'm baaaaaaack.

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 03:12:28 PM »

Luciano

Sounds like you didn't get over the fact that Slash quit over ten years ago.

They're using Guns N' Roses classics in a promotional clip promoting the Guns N' Roses shows in Australia . Who would've guessed?

/jarmo

Not true.

I have accepted it. I just don't like it.

Guns N Roses w/out Slash is like Van Halen w/out Eddie Van Halen. It just doesn't work.

Jarmo, I didn't understand your last sentence. Are you saying you agree that they use the "old band image" to sell these shows. Why ? If Axl didn't need these guys he shouldn't need there help when it comes to ticket sales either.

Didn't he promise years ago, that he was enough to keep the guns firing ?

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 03:17:59 PM »

Not true.

Guns N Roses w/out Slash is like Van Halen w/out Eddie Van Halen. It just doesn't work.

Jarmo, I didn't understand your last sentence. Are you saying you agree that they use the "old band image" to sell these shows. Why ? If Axl didn't need these guys he shouldn't need there help when it comes to ticket sales either.

then why do you come here if you think it doesn't work? is it just to say, "nah nah,  i told you it wouldn't work"?

im glad that there is some promo, but who is to say that the promo was engineered by GnR and not the concert promoter makinig a push for ticket sales?

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 03:25:09 PM »

Not true.

Well then, you won't feel welcome here.

Are you that ignorant?

If you go to a GN'R show, not that you would because you don't accept change, what songs do you expect to hear?

Any of these: Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Nightrain, Paradise City?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 03:42:39 PM »

Luciano

Pathetic.

Mike

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 03:43:41 PM »

Luciano

what else are they able to use though - seriously?? Would you like a promo ad with some live recordings from last year played over them? - i dont think the sound quality would work for a tv promo ad.? cant you be happy that they are showing current band footage in a promotional ad and touring somewhere they havent been in years - to the utter delight of many many fans Down Under?Huh Apparently not.

Hey, I've got an idea... What if they released the Chinese Democracy album BEFORE they try and embark on the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

For the third time.

Grin? Kidding, of course.? That would be a retarded move.?

But seriously... Did anyone notice that in that whole promo, there wasn't a single shot of Pitman?? Okay, all the GNR fans from yesteryear get to see Axl shaking his money maker to Welcome to the Jungle.? Finck fans get some glory shots of the bearded one.? All the Australian Replacement fans are like, "Oh shit!? That's Tommy Stinson!? I'm SOOO buying tickets to this show!"

But what about the Pitmaniacs down under?? For all they know, Pitman isn't even in the band anymore.?

Lame.? That guy has busted his ass for GNR for nearly a decade.? Not only does he get shafted a solo during the live shows, now they're going to pretend like he's not even in the band during the promo's??

B.S.? ?rant rant

Even more pathetic, and to think Axl wasted a few precious moments of his life talking with you. Mike

MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 03:46:18 PM »

Luciano

what else are they able to use though - seriously?? Would you like a promo ad with some live recordings from last year played over them? - i dont think the sound quality would work for a tv promo ad.? cant you be happy that they are showing current band footage in a promotional ad and touring somewhere they havent been in years - to the utter delight of many many fans Down Under?Huh Apparently not.

Hey, I've got an idea... What if they released the Chinese Democracy album BEFORE they try and embark on the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

For the third time.

But seriously... Did anyone notice that in that whole promo, there wasn't a single shot of Pitman?? Okay, all the GNR fans from yesteryear get to see Axl shaking his money maker to Welcome to the Jungle.? Finck fans get some glory shots of the bearded one.? All the Australian Replacement fans are like, "Oh shit!? That's Tommy Stinson!? I'm SOOO buying tickets to this show!"

But what about the Pitmaniacs down under?? For all they know, Pitman isn't even in the band anymore.?

Lame.? That guy has busted his ass for GNR for nearly a decade.? Not only does he get shafted a solo during the live shows, now they're going to pretend like he's not even in the band during the promo's??

B.S.? ?rant rant

Even more pathetic, and to think Axl wasted a few precious moments of his life talking with you. Mike

And taking pictures.

I hated to waste Axl's time, but since he was only drinking booze and dancing, I figured it was okay.  It's not like I interrupted the mixing process or anything. 

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 03:47:59 PM »

they got good songs and by that I mean fvcking new good songs now ,why wouldn't they use them to advertise this.....they did before,................ didn't they use madagascar before?Huh and that was years ago ok

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 03:52:44 PM »

Luciano

For the third time.

B.S.? ?rant rant

And taking pictures.

I hated to waste Axl's time, but since he was only drinking booze and dancing, I figured it was okay.? It's not like I interrupted the mixing process or anything.?

You certainly think you are one clever cookie dont you my man? Always a clever answer and thinking you are one step ahead of others. When you had the great honour of meeting the man himself, did you stand there and be an opinionated cock about the band or axl himself like you are on this website quite often? I think not. I would imagine it went a little something like this: Kissed his arse and tried to big up your pathetic website! Muppet! Mike

elmir
VIP

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 03:53:54 PM »

guys...these tv ads and promos are edited by the local networks....using the material they have on archive....

its important that you understand how these things get put together....usually with very little lead time, and the editor and producer in question are often under extreme pressure to turn the clip around in record time, so it makes the air that evening or the next day.....so its usually the very first thing which comes up in their library that they use....

unless they get specific directives from someone with regards to what to use, these guys couldn't care less who is in the ad and who isn't....it is under the label "guns n' roses" and that is what they use...

the sa shows promo features both axl and slash in a live environment....but that is in no way a reflection on the band, its management, or any other business directive...

it was simply, the editor who made that call, as he/she had to do the tv ad very quickly, and that is what they had.

over-analysing it is a waste of time....its great news that the australian network has some new lineup footage.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 03:55:32 PM »

guys...these tv ads and promos are edited by the local networks....using the material they have on archive....

its important that you understand how these things get put together....usually with very little lead time, and the editor and producer in question are often under extreme pressure to turn the clip around in record time, so it makes the air that evening or the next day.....so its usually the very first thing which comes up in their library that they use....

unless they get specific directives from someone with regards to what to use, these guys couldn't care less who is in the ad and who isn't....it is under the label "guns n' roses" and that is what they use...

the sa shows promo features both axl and slash in a live environment....but that is in no way a reflection on the band, its management, or any other business directive...

it was simply, the editor who made that call, as he/she had to do the tv ad very quickly, and that is what they had.

over-analysing it is a waste of time....its great news that the australian network has some new lineup footage.

Exactly! Well said my man! To me it was just great to see an advert that has been aired on national television with footage of the new band promoting their shows! Mike

redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 03:55:39 PM »

advertising new gnr with old gnr songs..........

They have no choice really, as 'Welcome to the Jungle' and 'Sweat Child Omine' are the tracks that made Gn'R, and the tracks that Gn'R will always be remembered for.

Have to agree, the advert is somewhat missleading, as the audio does sound like the same audio as used on AFD, and they show images of the new band, which only includes one member from the AFD era  peace
elmir
VIP

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 04:02:37 PM »

Have to agree, the advert is somewhat missleading, as the audio does sound like the same audio as used on AFD, and they show images of the new band, which only includes one member from the AFD era  peace

misleading to who?
you and me maybe....but not anyone else...

put yourself in a position of these guys....they know perhaps....one, two, five gnr songs at most?

WTJ
Paradise
SCOM
November Rain

if you do a quick cut, energetic edit, you will use what suits it best....which often is either jungle or pc....or scom solo....no mere mortal is going to sit there and debate the true story of a band they probably don't even care about....whether it is musically correct or not...

the promoter is paying through their ass for the tv air and production time....and the shorter it takes to pull it off, the cheapr it is for them....

its about getting your money's worth on prime time tv...when your target market is watching....whether you use a still image or some moving footage is irrelevant....

sorry to say, but no one other than the members of these forums give a shit about this type of content....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
AdlerAddict
Banned
Opening Act

I'm baaaaaaack.

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 04:09:24 PM »

Not true.

Well then, you won't feel welcome here.

Are you that ignorant?

If you go to a GN'R show, not that you would because you don't accept change, what songs do you expect to hear?

Any of these: Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child O' Mine, Nightrain, Paradise City?

/jarmo

Ignorant ? No I hold a college degree.

I never said that I didn't accept change.

I guess that I'm just able to look at the two bands, differentiate between the two, and pick the one that I think is better. I've seen them both live, so I can fairly say this. After all these years, they still have no official release as a band. That says alot.

I went and saw the new gunners twice last year and both were great shows, they really were. Everyone seemed to play there heart out and I thought it was great time. I'll be there waiting in line too the day that the album comes out. (For the record, I bet anything that it's not this year).

I just wanted to clarify myself. I didn't come here because I don't like the new band, because that's definitely not true. I'm a huge gunner fan, I just think that for us to get a true gunner album, Slash is a must.

redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 04:12:32 PM »

misleading to who?
you and me maybe....but not anyone else...

put yourself in a position of these guys....they know perhaps....one, two, five gnr songs at most?

WTJ
Paradise
SCOM
November Rain

if you do a quick cut, energetic edit, you will use what suits it best....which often is either jungle or pc....or scom solo....no mere mortal is going to sit there and debate the true story of a band they probably don't even care about....whether it is musically correct or not...

the promoter is paying through their ass for the tv air and production time....and the shorter it takes to pull it off, the cheapr it is for them....

its about getting your money's worth on prime time tv...when your target market is watching....whether you use a still image or some moving footage is irrelevant....

sorry to say, but no one other than the members of these forums give a shit about this type of content....

*misleading to who?*
Missleading to those who see the advert and hear the music, only to arrive at the gig to discover there's a different bunch of guys standing on the stage playing the tunes. That's pretty missleading  hihi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: