Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:17:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses TV ad for the Australian gigs/post other ad photos here!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses TV ad for the Australian gigs/post other ad photos here!!  (Read 20823 times)
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2007, 04:47:58 AM »

so you actually know for sure gnr camp had nothing to do with their Proshot footage in this tv add?

Re-Union time, baby!!
elmir
VIP

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2007, 05:22:40 AM »

so you actually know for sure gnr camp had nothing to do with their Proshot footage in this tv add?

no....i am 100% positive that gnr had nothing to do with the EDIT of the pro shot footage....not the filming of it...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
badapple81
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2007, 06:10:49 AM »

The images were most likely supplied by the GNR camp, but it's up to the promotor to pay a company to make an ad out of them.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2007, 06:12:44 AM »

Please understand that the promotor puts this together and probably has limited material to work with.

Jarmo could you please clean this thread up if you have time? I'd love to post some scans of cool ads and stuff but they will probably get lost with all these jackasses comments which belong back in 1999.

Some of you need to get over it. It has been years already. If you hate it that much, why are you still coming back?? Spend your time on something you enjoy and support, put some positivity in your lives. Go away!

Agree, agree. ?some of you are like a dog with a bone. ?PUT.IT.DOWN. ?It's fkn dull that you cant deal with songs on a promo ad. Relax and let the Aussie fans enjoy what really is their thread to post ads and othe tidbits - but not if you insist on bringing it down. ?What if there was no promotion at all? - bet some of you would be the first to vocalise your thoughts on THAT.

I would like to see any other scans you have gunner down under. ?ok
badapple81
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2007, 06:23:25 AM »

Guys, when GN'R toured Australia in 93 it was massive. Competitions, TV ads, full page newspaper ads. 2007 is no different. The buzz and hype for this tour is massive. Do not underestimate the pulling power of Axl Rose and his band, Guns N' Roses. And from day 1, the press release and all the information has been honest in regards to who is in the band, clearly stating that Axl has a new line up and who they are.

Just check out this FULL PAGE ad in today's largest NATIONAL NEWSPAPER for Guns N' Roses:

Apologies for the flash reflection, I laminated it as I'm going to make a cool framed pic or something out of it.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2007, 11:52:02 AM »

from day 1, the press release and all the information has been honest in regards to who is in the band, clearly stating that Axl has a new line up and who they are.

Great! and the image is great too.

Good thread downunder.  ok shame many strange replies.
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2007, 01:33:46 PM »

Since the new (2007) Gn'R line up have chosen (or had chosen for them by the promoter) to use 1986 era audio to promote the new Gn'R line up as part of an Aussie televison ad campaign. Will the 1986 members recieve payment (royalties) or will they have to fight for it through the courts. As it would be a shame for Axl to have to be preoccupied with legal issues at the present moment in time. Like anyone else, I would not want to see CD delayed further, and excuses given  Smiley

The sooner the band hit Aussie, the sooner we'll get to know if the 2007 Gn'R line up have any new songs to play. The new world tour has after all been labeled the Chinese Democracy World Tour  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2007, 01:39:12 PM »

Since the new (2007) Gn'R line up have chosen (or had chosen for them by the promoter) to use 1986 era audio to promote the new Gn'R line up as part of an Aussie televison ad campaign. Will the 1986 members recieve payment (royalties) or will they have to fight for it through the courts. As it would be a shame for Axl to have to be preoccupied with legal issues at the present moment in time. Like anyone else, I would not want to see CD delayed further, and excuses given  Smiley

The sooner the band hit Aussie, the sooner we'll get to know if the 2007 Gn'R line up have any new songs to play. The new world tour has after all been labeled the Chinese Democracy World Tour  ok

Oh shut the fuck up.

You're not gonna ruin this thread with your trolling. Either shut the fuck up or get banned.  Smiley

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2007, 01:47:44 PM »

Oh shut the fuck up.

You're not gonna ruin this thread with your trolling. Either shut the fuck up or get banned.  Smiley

ok

/jarmo

new songs or no new songs
..what side of the fence are you on?

I want to hear new songs  Smiley
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2007, 01:57:59 PM »

They're using Guns N' Roses songs to promote the Guns N' Roses concerts where Guns N' Roses will most likely perform those old classic Guns N' Roses songs.
Do you see a pattern here?
/jarmo

Nope.

They're using Guns N' Roses classic songs to promote the new "AXL's Guns N' Roses" concerts where Axl and his new band (that he calls Guns n' Roses) will perform those classic Guns N' Roses songs.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2007, 02:21:59 PM »

They're using Guns N' Roses songs to promote the Guns N' Roses concerts where Guns N' Roses will most likely perform those old classic Guns N' Roses songs.
Do you see a pattern here?
/jarmo

Nope.

They're using Guns N' Roses classic songs to promote the new "AXL's Guns N' Roses" concerts where Axl and his new band (that he calls Guns n' Roses) will perform those classic Guns N' Roses songs.

What's wrong? You're not getting enough attention in your normal  life?

The next one who comes here whining about GN'R songs used to promote GN'R shows will be banned.

Get over the name issue already.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2007, 02:48:05 PM »

Apologies for the flash reflection, I laminated it as I'm going to make a cool framed pic or something out of it.

excellent work man, i'd love to see more if you can get your hands on it.

Will the 1986 members recieve payment (royalties) or will they have to fight for it through the courts.

dude....99% of this stuff is common knowledge....if you do a bit of research, you will find out that the TV and Radio stations usually pay one fixed amount for a fixed period of usage of material....it usually comes in 6 month or 1 yr stints....and that is cheap....now, for a promo such as this...which may run for a month at most, a few times a week....it is literally peanuts....by the time all the paperwork gets filed and processed, there will be no money left to split amongst anyone....its only with holywood blockbusters that the cash in question amounts to a serious sum of money....not with little ads....

EDIT: Also, in return for not having to pay royalties, TV stations and promoters usually give a discount on air time to the client....which means that the audio and visual material is free to air for the band....so it could be that the promoter struck more than one deal with more than one person to make this happen....its neither surprising or unusual in business...

anyway, back on topic....i got the FHM issue with a full feature on Axl Rose this month, in time for the concerts, will scan it in tomorrow...and post...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 02:53:47 PM by elmir » Logged

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2007, 03:18:28 PM »

What's wrong? You're not getting enough attention in your normal life?
The next one who comes here whining about GN'R songs used to promote GN'R shows will be banned.
/jarmo

Please don't change the subject. It is not about my life and how much attention I get. It is about this Australian TV promo for Chinese Democracy World Tour. I made a comment (I think it is LAME and DECEITFUL to use AFD studio versions to promote this tour). I expressed my opinion. That is what this place is all about, isn't it? If you want to ban me for that, be my guest. Oh, and please don't tell me ("Get over the name issue already") what to do. You can ban me from here - after all this is YOUR board - but you can't tell me what to do. Instead, you could use clever arguments to convince me that this band is GNR and not Axl's band as you believe. But it seems you are short of arguments so you are instead using your power as the owner of the board to intimidate me, right?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2007, 04:01:53 PM »

Fine, then. You're out of here fucking troll.

Bye.

Have a nice day.

/jarmo

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2007, 04:05:52 PM »

/jarmo

Please don't change the subject. It is not about my life and how much attention I get. It is about this Australian TV promo for Chinese Democracy World Tour. I made a comment (I think it is LAME and DECEITFUL to use AFD studio versions to promote this tour).

Would you have been happier if they used classic songs re-recorded by the new lineup? I doubt it.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2007, 04:24:26 PM »

It's not misleading that they only play AFD hits in the ads. That's what they play live, and that's what average, casual, non-internet fans want to hear.

What do you expect the ads to be like? 

Madagascar plays in the background...

NARRATOR'S VOICE:  "The band you know and love:  Axl Rose, Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, Brain/Frank, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson and Chris Pitman, playing all the soon-to-be hits from their still upcoming album Chinese Democracy!"

Honestly, the truth is a promoter probably put this thing together, along with tons of other promos.  I'll bet they couldn't even name more than one person in the band anyways.  At least they used current concert footage this time. 

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2007, 05:49:06 PM »

Velvet Revolver In Chile I promote myself with Own, special Subjects of GNR & SWEET CHILD O' MINES of GUNS N' ROSES in the commercial ones of Radio.

And?

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2007, 05:54:08 PM »

/jarmo

Please don't change the subject. It is not about my life and how much attention I get. It is about this Australian TV promo for Chinese Democracy World Tour. I made a comment (I think it is LAME and DECEITFUL to use AFD studio versions to promote this tour). I expressed my opinion. That is what this place is all about, isn't it? If you want to ban me for that, be my guest. Oh, and please don't tell me ("Get over the name issue already") what to do. You can ban me from here - after all this is YOUR board - but you can't tell me what to do. Instead, you could use clever arguments to convince me that this band is GNR and not Axl's band as you believe. But it seems you are short of arguments so you are instead using your power as the owner of the board to intimidate me, right?

they are advertising GnR shows with GnR songs. whats the big deal?    They are also using footage of current band members, so there is nothing wrong with this promo at all.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2007, 06:00:30 PM »

That's a sweet ad, thanks for posting.  I like how they're always changing designs, albeit not on a drastic scale.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2007, 06:46:52 PM »

whats the big deal?    They are also using footage of current band members,

probably that was too much for him.   Imagine if you were one of the ghosts from the last century...
with too dated ideas... nervous
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: