Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:03:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses TV ad for the Australian gigs/post other ad photos here!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses TV ad for the Australian gigs/post other ad photos here!!  (Read 20819 times)
badapple81
« on: April 17, 2007, 06:01:47 AM »

Good promotion for this tour. I've seen TV ads on at decent times on channel 10, ads in major papers and all sorts of signs up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK6LJoG5MKI

If you have any TV ads you can scan, or photos of billboards, please post!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 06:53:13 AM by gunnerdownunder » Logged
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 06:47:10 AM »

advertising new gnr with old gnr songs..........

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
badapple81
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 06:52:16 AM »

You haven't seen that before? Get over it. It's all 'Guns N' Roses' You would be moaning if they re-did the songs with the new band and played those instead. They used all new footage.

Roll Eyes

Anyways moving on, it's awesome that this TV ad is being played on a major channel during peak times!
Megaguns
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 07:21:22 AM »

last sunday i went to a decent newsagent in hobart and bought every states sunday paper i could.

All i got was the full page melbourne ad and the half page sydney ad.

After im done im getting them framed with my tickets, just like all my megadeth ones!!

id upload pics if i knew how....
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 07:25:10 AM »

I'm so happy that I've seen this Ad, thankx to you ok beer

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 07:37:18 AM »

advertising new gnr with old gnr songs..........

Oh shut up you idiot! You get something nice and positive like this for Guns fans in Oz and you have to picky about what fucking music is used in the advert! Just be happy that there is coverage on a natioanl tv station for our favourite band and stop whning for the sake of it.

Mike

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 07:42:45 AM »

Good promotion for this tour. I've seen TV ads on at decent times on channel 10, ads in major papers and all sorts of signs up.

Cool TV add, thanks for posting

So who makes this? Someone from GNR, or someone from the promotion company?
overmatik
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 07:47:17 AM »

The thing is: The band is returning to the Media, again... I pray for the thing going out fine now, and hope for the album to come out soon! Wink

badapple81
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 07:49:11 AM »

Cool TV add, thanks for posting

So who makes this? Someone from GNR, or someone from the promotion company?

Someone from the promotional company. They would get footage from the GN'R camp to use in it.
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 10:28:45 AM »

"CHINESE DEMOCRACY WORLD TOUR"  ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!  how do your words taste, people who said it wasn't called the chinese democracy tour any more?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 10:48:22 AM »

Cool ad, looks like it's all Donington footage... Makes me starving for the complete proshot video. Sad

luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 10:59:57 AM »

It is lame beyond belief that "Chinese Democracy World Tour" promotion is made with AFD studio audio. It would be sad already if they had used AFD songs recorded live by Axl's band, but to use studio GNR recordings of 20 years ago (when no one of GNR is there except Axl) is just lame (and deceitful, of course).
Luciano
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 11:15:07 AM »

they had something similar to that on all the flat screens at the cleveland gig.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 12:26:18 PM »

It is lame beyond belief that "Chinese Democracy World Tour" promotion is made with AFD studio audio. It would be sad already if they had used AFD songs recorded live by Axl's band, but to use studio GNR recordings of 20 years ago (when no one of GNR is there except Axl) is just lame (and deceitful, of course).
Luciano

what else are they able to use though - seriously?  Would you like a promo ad with some live recordings from last year played over them? - i dont think the sound quality would work for a tv promo ad.  cant you be happy that they are showing current band footage in a promotional ad and touring somewhere they havent been in years - to the utter delight of many many fans Down Under???  Apparently not.
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 12:32:06 PM »

Nice advertising, if I would see an advertising like that here in Chile, again (92'),  I would die for hard attack....

Sorry about mi english, I'm not sure if I wrote correctly, I hope you understand anyway........

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 12:38:15 PM »

Luciano

what else are they able to use though - seriously?? Would you like a promo ad with some live recordings from last year played over them? - i dont think the sound quality would work for a tv promo ad.? cant you be happy that they are showing current band footage in a promotional ad and touring somewhere they havent been in years - to the utter delight of many many fans Down Under?Huh Apparently not.

Hey, I've got an idea... What if they released the Chinese Democracy album BEFORE they try and embark on the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

For the third time.

Grin  Kidding, of course.  That would be a retarded move. 

But seriously... Did anyone notice that in that whole promo, there wasn't a single shot of Pitman?  Okay, all the GNR fans from yesteryear get to see Axl shaking his money maker to Welcome to the Jungle.  Finck fans get some glory shots of the bearded one.  All the Australian Replacement fans are like, "Oh shit!  That's Tommy Stinson!  I'm SOOO buying tickets to this show!"

But what about the Pitmaniacs down under?  For all they know, Pitman isn't even in the band anymore. 

Lame.  That guy has busted his ass for GNR for nearly a decade.  Not only does he get shafted a solo during the live shows, now they're going to pretend like he's not even in the band during the promo's? 

B.S.   rant rant

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 12:38:52 PM »

cool,they used some live footage we didn't see

I have never seen so many tree
Hujiko
Opening Act

from Madrid

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 12:42:05 PM »

it's just me or in the end of the commercial the voice says "GN'R LIES"... ?? confused
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 12:55:11 PM »

Luciano

Yeah, GN'R shouldn't use some of their most well known songs, that they even perform at the shows, to promote shows just because you say so.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 01:44:51 PM »

Hey, at least it shows the band, more or less, and not just axl. thats certainly a good thing  ok

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: