Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:18:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash : "After the South American Tour, VR wont play GNR or STP"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash : "After the South American Tour, VR wont play GNR or STP"  (Read 8110 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« on: April 11, 2007, 03:59:10 PM »

In an interview with Rock & Pop? radio in Chile, Slash, said that after the South American Tour, they are not going to play
Guns N Roses, or Stone Temple Pilots songs.

http://www.rockandpop.cl/scripts/rp/archivo/template.asp?/2007/04/fotos_velvet/velvet
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 04:00:37 PM »

found this on gnr2k.com.. so i guess Jim Bob got what he wanted hihi
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 04:14:53 PM »

I think it's better for them and their identity as a band. They should focus on Velvet Revolver's material.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 04:48:38 PM »

hehe.. yay!   credit where credit is due.  well done slash.
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 05:28:34 PM »

Oh that's fucking lame.  Slash and Duff helped write those songs they can play whatever the fuck they want.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
darkmonth
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 05:40:01 PM »

Dude ... they're just not gonna play the songs coz VR now has a credible amount of material ... They wont NEED to play the old songs !

This is a good thing.  They don't need to play old material.  Even tho NO one can pull off the GnR songs like Slash, I would rather they focus on thier own material Smiley

Good shit Smiley
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 05:40:35 PM »

haha looks like atleast one person listens to Jim Bob ?hihi
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 05:41:32 PM »

I like this. Velver Revolver is Velvet Revolver, they aren't "Guns N' Roes B.Side". This can take the title of "ex-gunners" off.
Besides, we don't have to hear Scott singing GNR songs anymore Wink

You really know who's Maradona!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 05:46:47 PM »

I am a little bummed because I enjoyed hearing those songs, but on the flip side it says just how far this band has come that they were able to gain their own identity not have to rely on things they did 20 years ago. Establishing a new brand name is tough enough, but given their involvement in other popular bands and the fact that most of them are on the wrong side of 40, it says alot about how big a step it really is for them to not have to play other peoples material anymore.
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 06:08:33 PM »

Dude ... they're just not gonna play the songs coz VR now has a credible amount of material ... They wont NEED to play the old songs !

This is a good thing.? They don't need to play old material.? Even tho NO one can pull off the GnR songs like Slash, I would rather they focus on thier own material Smiley

Good shit Smiley

I Think the same as you
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 06:12:10 PM »

hehe.. yay!? ?credit where credit is due.? well done slash.

Huh What was your problem with VR playing old GnR songs in their set? I always enjoyed them. All the original members play old GnR songs in their current acts. VR played a lot less old songs then the likes of Guns N' Roses, Hookers n' Blow, Adler's Appetite etc., in spite of having more original members than anyone so can't really see the problem with it. There also now the first to totally concentrate on their current bands material, except Izzy.

This is cool tho. I loved hearing It's So Easy Mr Brownstone and Used To Love Her in Dublin but they were always just songs to fill the gaps because of the shortage of VR material. It shows their confidence in their new material that they can drop those songs and concentrate on their own stuff. Hopefully, Guns N' Roses will follow suit. ok drool

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 06:20:55 PM »

hehe.. yay!   credit where credit is due.  well done slash.

Huh What was your problem with VR playing old GnR songs in their set? I always enjoyed them. All the original members play old GnR songs in their current acts. VR played a lot less old songs then the likes of Guns N' Roses, Hookers n' Blow, Adler's Appetite etc., in spite of having more original members than anyone so can't really see the problem with it. There also now the first to totally concentrate on their current bands material, except Izzy.

This is cool tho. I loved hearing It's So Easy Mr Brownstone and Used To Love Her in Dublin but they were always just songs to fill the gaps because of the shortage of VR material. It shows their confidence in their new material that they can drop those songs and concentrate on their own stuff. Hopefully, Guns N' Roses will follow suit. ok drool

Guns N' Roses should and will play Guns N' Roses songs, always.    anyways i'm not gonna start a huge thing in this thread, I just think this is cool.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 06:46:33 PM »

This is a good thing.? They don't need to play old material. I would rather they focus on thier own material Smiley

Good shit Smiley

i agree and this is the way people should look at it..
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 08:33:32 PM »

That's a shame because I sure did enjoy the performance of 'Sex Tye Thing' very much.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 05:54:25 AM »

'Tis a shame, always seemed to get the crowd going in bits. But esp with the new Gn'R back touring its not as if Mr. Brownstone, It's So Easy and Used To Love Her are completely gone. I agree its cool half of the UYI GN'R playing it, but its time for VR to concentrate on new stuff. Sure covers will slip out the woodwork ever few gigs or so anyway for variety.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 06:11:09 AM »

i think this is really good for them.. leave the old shit behind them.. if they don't wanna be compared to gnr why play gnr songs? now they don't and well to me it's almost like a new band lol, the song let it roll sound cool even if you can barely hear it, libertad will kick contrabands ass, but it wont be no chinese democracy Lips Sealed ( hihi)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 08:10:04 AM »

Although I loved the way they played the GN'R songs, this move tells that they've moved on. Have enough material to do a show and they are not interested in playing 20 year old songs.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 09:37:45 AM »

hehe.. yay!? ?credit where credit is due.? well done slash.

Guns N' Roses should and will play Guns N' Roses songs, always.? ? anyways i'm not gonna start a huge thing in this thread, I just think this is cool.

Yeah I know, just wishful thinkin, haha.

randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 10:08:04 AM »

I think it's kinda good for them Smiley, but I'm gonna cry if I won't see slash and buddies ever play a gnr song live in my life
I'm going to see them this year @ Provinssirock, Finland and I reeeaally hope for at least one song hihi it's so easy!! please.. one more time!  hihi

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 01:33:51 PM »

Although I loved the way they played the GN'R songs, this move tells that they've moved on. Have enough material to do a show and they are not interested in playing 20 year old songs.

Yeah, but they might play older songs such as "Wish You Were Here".

He only mentioned GN'R and STP, not Pink Floyd.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: