Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:20:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Rude review about VR's show in Chile
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rude review about VR's show in Chile  (Read 11118 times)
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 04:58:56 PM »

Tickets Sales: 15.000

Sold Bad religion? ? ? : 5.000
Sold Velvet Revolver: 2000
Invitation Generals? : 1000 (Radios, Tv, Newspapers, etc).

ja ja, your pathetic man, where is the source of that bullshit that you wrote?, , Were you in the Show ?, NO, so dont speaks lies

there were 10.000 / 12.000 people in the show and the majority of the people went to see Velvet Revolver, there were many Velvet Revolver and Guns n' roses t-shirts (no t-shirts about the New merchandising), just a few t-shirts about Bad Reiligion,? Though is a good band, doesn't have many fans in my country (Chile)

I highly doubt that a person who likes the current GNR lineup could pay a ticket for a VR show... incompatible tastes in my opinion.

I don't think so, in fact, some members of Velvet Revolver, created the sound classics of Guns n' Roses,  I mean, the real GN'R  smoking

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 07:06:35 PM »

dude:
1. you can like vr and gnr
2. the real guns n roses.. is still playing, in a few weeks you can go to southafrica and see them perform
3. the guys that were in GNR and now are in VR are a shame now.. his shows are boring and contraband was mediocre at its best.. you said it "they CREATED" cool things with GNR not anymore

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 07:56:35 PM »

dude:
2. the real guns n roses.. is still playing, in a few weeks you can go to southafrica and see them perform
3. the guys that were in GNR and now are in VR are a shame now.. his shows are boring and contraband was mediocre at its best.. you said it "they CREATED" cool things with GNR not anymore

Agreed with points 2 and 3.

But not with point 1. The only reasons I find to hear VR is nostalgia.

Same music, same album, same live shows but with me ignoring that there are former GNR members there, and I would say that they definitly suck. I dont mind who plays guitar in TWAT, for example. The song, the whole concept is a masterpiece itself. That's why I listen to GNR songs, because I dont need to think in the past or in some mythical names to enjoy the music. Who would hear VR if tomorrow Slash and Duff quit? Will anyone listen to a VR without Slash and Duff if Weiland says ''do not worry, the musical direction of the band will be the same. We will keep playing ''Big Machine'' and ''Illegal i Song'' with other two talented nobodies''

That would be the end of VR, because the ''ex GNR members'' is their cornerstone. And all bands should have music in that place.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Dead Flower
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2007, 09:59:15 PM »

I know this is not the subject of the thread, but I was wondering WHERE do you see ''hard rock'' in ''Contraband''. Personally, the only hard rocking track in that album is ''Slither'', and I cant find any other.

Are you thick?

Superhuman, Sucker Train Blues, Headspace, Spectacle... want me to keep going.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 10:12:30 PM »

ja ja, your pathetic man, where is the source of that bullshit that you wrote?, , Were you in the Show ?, NO, so dont speaks lies

there were 10.000 / 12.000 people in the show and the majority of the people went to see Velvet Revolver, there were many Velvet Revolver and Guns n' roses t-shirts (no t-shirts about the New merchandising), just a few t-shirts about Bad Reiligion,? Though is a good band, doesn't have many fans in my country (Chile)

Source: CIE CHILE

Promoter & Productions.

Bye... Bye...

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 12:14:24 AM »

dude:

1- I like Velvet Revolver and New Guns n' Roses (I love GUNS N' ROSES, estebanf understands what I mean  hihi)

2- For me and the majority of People, the Real Guns n' Roses was lined up for Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven, that band is the relevant, this way I feel it and see it.

3- Will be boring for you, but, for me and miles Chilean rockers think that Velvet Revolver's shows are amazing , and I don't think the 5.000.000 people that bought Contraband around the world are disapointed...

Anyway, New Guns n' Roses and Velvet Revolver are best band in this moment, beside Judas Priest and Iron Maiden... beer
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 12:22:41 AM by Rocker_GNR » Logged

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 12:38:45 AM »

dude:

Same music, same album, same live shows but with me ignoring that there are former GNR members there, and I would say that they definitly suck. I dont mind who plays guitar in TWAT, for example. The song, the whole concept is a masterpiece itself. That's why I listen to GNR songs, because I dont need to think in the past or in some mythical names to enjoy the music. Who would hear VR if tomorrow Slash and Duff quit? Will anyone listen to a VR without Slash and Duff if Weiland says ''do not worry, the musical direction of the band will be the same. We will keep playing ''Big Machine'' and ''Illegal i Song'' with other two talented nobodies''

That would be the end of VR, because the ''ex GNR members'' is their cornerstone. And all bands should have music in that place.

That is imposible, cause' if Slash and Duff quit tomorrow, Velvet Revolver would disappear, same case if Axl rose quit and stop his current proyect.

Man, the stars of the movie are Axl, Slash y Duff, they are the relevant in both bands....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 10:46:03 AM by Rocker_GNR » Logged

Javier Ochoa
Banned
Opening Act

Rockin' Slash!

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 03:59:42 PM »

dude:

That is imposible, cause' if Slash and Duff quit tomorrow, Velvet Revolver would disappear, same case if Axl rose quit and stop his current proyect.

Man, the stars of the movie are Axl, Slash y Duff, they are the relevant in both bands....
Jajaja se te chingo la " y " rocker  Grin

I don't understand why I have to read the name "Twat" on this topic.  Huh

By the other hand, HBK, stop lying, 90% of your posts have always been LIES. Visit Uzisuicide.com.ar for more information.

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2007, 04:16:14 PM »

without strong hit?Huh

wtf...slither......fall to peices not ring a bell.... they were strong.

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2007, 11:39:01 PM »

dude:

Jajaja se te chingo la " y " rocker? Grin

I don't understand why I have to read the name "Twat" on this topic.? Huh

By the other hand, HBK, stop lying, 90% of your posts have always been LIES. Visit Uzisuicide.com.ar for more information.

Sold Bad religion      : 5.000
Invitation Generals  : 1000 (Radios, Tv, Newspapers, etc).

EVANESCENCE:

Tickets: 17.000

SOLD OUT

WUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJAJAJAJA ajAJjaj...

HBK *
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 11:40:55 PM by HBK » Logged

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »

dude:

Jajaja se te chingo la " y " rocker? Grin

I don't understand why I have to read the name "Twat" on this topic.? Huh

EVANESCENCE:

Tickets: 17.000

SOLD OUT

WUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJAJAJAJA ajAJjaj...

HBK *

What is the joke?

Ricky Martin : 70.000
Robbie Wiliams: 60.000
etc....

Velvet Revolver: 11.000
Motorhead : 8.000
etc...

The real good music is not popular man....

I'm so proud of Velvet Revolver.  beer

Ride Her
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 11:23:39 AM »

What a fuckin' stupid review!!!!!!!
I was there!!!
Scott never say something against the audience!!!..... is just the stupid journalist who doesn't know nothing about english, thinks that if Scott scream "we play MF rock n' roll" is going against Chile........ only because he heard MF....
A "Fuck yeah!!!" (because the show was going amazing!!!!) and the same story again..........
Now, i heven't seen shows of VR in other places that for example, Do it for the kids is the whole audience singing the song, or Slither, etc.... Of course, the new songs, the people are looking at and listening, you can see the same thing when GN'R was returning in RIR 2001 with the new songs, and that was a show that every single person was expecting.
I was standed in front of Slash, maybe the most closer guy in the show, and they couldn't belive all the big stuff that was going on at the moment..... sometimes Slash or Duff look to each other, laughing, like sayin' "this is so fuckin' amazing!!" because the people were crazy all along the show.......
Talkin' about GN'R songs, is obviously, people were crazy, more than ever........ most of the people in there are using GN'R t-shirts, and hear again the same sound of old times it's crazy...... and in wish you were here, where they say that was a big moment, more than a VR song is bullshit, it's only because Scott made the crowd sing, and was beautiful

The show was amazing, and those reviews can't be told by people that go to a show and having no idea what they will see.... and Slash sounds was great, and he played better than ever.....i'm a collector of VR stuff, and is the best performance in VR i've seen. Then, i went to Argentina, and was amazing too, so, VR 3 times in a week.... too much emotions in a few days can kill anyone.....
I would love to still with this.......but i'm bussy now
Ride Her
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2007, 11:35:15 AM »

Promotor & Productions

http://www.ciechile.cl

Source & Pictures:

http://www.rockaxis.com/live_reviewxs_ver.php?cPath=231_238&products_id=4224

HBK *

not true....... i've been working in other events in the same place were the tickets sold were like 12000, or less, and in this show were more crowd....... i got a call in the middle of the show from a person of CIE and told me that were sold more than 13000 and another call from a friend who was at the far place to stage and told it looks full......... minutes before the show, it got full because of the time, they got free to late, and ran to the show, and in a moment i step up to the "bars" and look back, and it was almost full............................. so sorry...... ok

and of course.......esteban and others are always working very hard against VR, and don't look far from his eyes......
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 11:41:01 AM by Ride Her » Logged
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2007, 07:56:15 PM »

dude:

But not with point 1.

So by your crazy logic you can't like both VR and GN'R now.... Huh Roll Eyes

What's so wrong about liking GN'R and VR?
I don't know why people have to take sides, they both rock! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2007, 12:14:18 AM »

dude:

But not with point 1.

Well, I need to modify my opinion. You obviously can like GNR and VR and use the same word ''rock'' to describe them. Everyone is allowed to think whatever they want. You are also allowed to believe in democracy and socialism at the same time, no matter how incompatible those two concepts are.

I just dont like VR, i cant understand how someone that is accustom [I hope Im using the right word] to listen to songs like Estranged, Coma, November Rain, Jungle, TWAT, The Blues or CD, can like, at the same time, the songs featured in ''Contraband'' [that I consider mediocre, repetitive and boring]

and I agree with points 2 or 3. Do i need to explain why also?

damn, that was on april 12th...

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2007, 12:19:48 AM »

Looks like you're up against the wall as well!  Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2007, 12:21:17 AM »

dude:

But not with point 1.

Well, I need to modify my opinion. You obviously can like GNR and VR and use the same word ''rock'' to describe them. Everyone is allowed to think whatever they want. You are also allowed to believe in democracy and socialism at the same time, no matter how incompatible those two concepts are.

I just dont like VR, i cant understand how someone that is accustom [I hope Im using the right word] to listen to songs like Estranged, Coma, November Rain, Jungle, TWAT, The Blues or CD, can like, at the same time, the songs featured in ''Contraband'' [that I consider mediocre, repetitive and boring]

Fair call, but the way you made out like it's impossible to like one and the other, and that to be a fan of one you have to hate the other. And your call about Contraband being mediocre is your opinion, because to me it stands along fine with my other GN'R albums.

I've stated many times that I support both bands, I don't know why it has to be so black and white to some people.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 12:23:12 AM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2007, 12:47:14 AM »

dude:

But not with point 1.

Fair call, but the way you made out like it's impossible to like one and the other, and that to be a fan of one you have to hate the other. And your call about Contraband being mediocre is your opinion, because to me it stands along fine with my other GN'R albums.

I've stated many times that I support both bands, I don't know why it has to be so black and white to some people.

I supported VR a lot of time, since ''The Project'' and you dont have an idea of how much excited I was the first time I saw a download link to ''Slither'' in the old ''newGNR'' forum if Im not wrong. I also bought ''Contraband'' the same day it was released in my country, and I went running back to my house with tears falling of my face. I always said that VR has potential, but they are not exploiting it. Contraband's tenth track is, in my opinion, a masterpiece. An incredible song worthy of admiration. That song makes me believe that THEY CAN make great songs, but they're choosing the easy way of the flat and repetitive rock style, like they are trying (with no success) to exploit the good old AFD formula (the goose that lays the golden eggs)

The song in question, ''You Got No Right'', didn't have a place between the video clips/singles, is not being played by the band, and the rock world is missing that song, and instead of that, they chose to show the world shitty, shitty video/songs like Come On Come In or Dirty Little Thing...

After Contraband I was very dissapointed/disillusioned. After the VR show I attended a month ago, I realised how much I love this current GNR lineup and that I should not give a fuck, from now on, about VR. Then comes Weiland to talk about Axl and I just cant resist...

At first I only had musical reasons. Now I have musical reasons + Weiland.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2007, 12:53:25 AM »

Hard drug users don't have much accountability for their actions - too out of it to reflect.  beer

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2007, 12:58:49 AM »

The song in question, ''You Got No Right'', didn't have a place between the video clips/singles, is not being played by the band, and the rock world is missing that song, and instead of that, they chose to show the world shitty, shitty video/songs like Come On Come In or Dirty Little Thing...

I obviously dont agree with most of your sentiment; while a poor choice for a single, "Dirty Little Thing" is great and probably the most GNR-sounding song VR has done yet.  Im a big fan of "Come On, Come In" as well.  But I share your disappointment about "You Got No Right."  I fell in love with it the first time I heard the Smashbox bootleg featuring Izzy Stradlin (October of '03?) and its become my favorite VR song.  Its disappointing enough that it wasnt chosen as a single (though I believe it was considered, or at least an acoustic version was), but its even more disappointing to see it dropped by the band.  The same goes for "Loving The Alien," a song they havent even acknowledged, let alone played live since the first albums release. 

After Contraband I was very dissapointed/disillusioned. After the VR show I attended a month ago, I realised how much I love this current GNR lineup and that I should not give a fuck, from now on, about VR. Then comes Weiland to talk about Axl and I just cant resist...

At first I only had musical reasons. Now I have musical reasons + Weiland.

Ill point out again the oddness of holding that attitude and posting so much in this section.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: