Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:38:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Rude review about VR's show in Chile
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rude review about VR's show in Chile  (Read 11144 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« on: April 11, 2007, 02:44:53 PM »

I will try a little translation. I'll try my best, because english is not my mother language. I hope you understand it:

The northamerican band played yesterday at the National Stadium's Pista Atletica

Velvet Revolver was saved by covers

It's a habit for Scott Weiland, everytime he's onstage, the cadaverous singer of Velvet Revolver and former Stone Temple Pilot frontman, to suffer from verbal incontinence: he insulted the crowd with reiterated ''motherfucker'' and ''fuck you''. Yesterday, in front of 9.000 people, was not the exception and Weiland repeated the script.

Velvet Revolver's performance in Chile had two faces: the songs from their debut album ''Contraband'' were a rocker mirage. Without strong hits, the band (that has 3 former GN'R members) spilt dodger melodies, incapable of provoking a spell in the crowd.

However, the band could satisfy the crowd when they took some aces from the sleeve: covers from their previous bands, and other bands classics like Pink Floyd's ''Wish you Were Here''.

Beyond the experience of seeing rock legends like Slash and Weiland performing rock and roll classics like ''Its So Easy'', ''Mr Brownstone'', ''Used To Love Her'', ''Sex Type thing'' and ''Crackerman'', the band left an evident smell of caricature.

Without exceptions, every member of Velvet Revolver tries to appropriate the sacred fire of their best past moments, but they only end like bad copies of themselves.

Between the instrumental pirouettes of Slash's guitar and Weiland's not hided love for Robert Plant, the quintet proved that, sometimes, rock and roll can be merciless. The pass of the years is not always a synonym of worthy ageing, and that performing old classics is the only way to keep touring around the world.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 02:48:32 PM »

told ya they should drop the GNR songs.    the material is strong enough from contraband to do a show without it!  oh wait, its not.  But surely between Libertad and Contraband there is enough good stuff there?  you'd think?
JAC185
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »

told ya they should drop the GNR songs.    the material is strong enough from contraband to do a show without it!  oh wait, its not.

So whats your point? They just shouldn't tour until they make an album you like?  hihi
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 03:27:04 PM »

told ya they should drop the GNR songs.? ? the material is strong enough from contraband to do a show without it!? oh wait, its not.? But surely between Libertad and Contraband there is enough good stuff there?? you'd think?

Maybe you should tell the band instead, because I'm sure that your opinion would be just so important to them. 

If the guys that wrote Its So Easy want to play it then why shouldnt they? You have no right to tell them what to do.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 03:55:56 PM »

Don't worry, that newspaper sucks, have no idea about music and arts, its style is not serius.

I was there, and the show was very well and people was satisfied and happy

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
SADIS
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 04:51:14 PM »

told ya they should drop the GNR songs.? ? the material is strong enough from contraband to do a show without it!? oh wait, its not.? But surely between Libertad and Contraband there is enough good stuff there?? you'd think?

Or maybe they should work another 15 years on it to make it as good  Roll Eyes as the demo's we have heard so far from this band that used to rock.

If you dislike VR that much why do you come here this often (VR part that is)? Do you also go to gay bars and complain about all the faggots you see?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 05:09:14 PM »

Well it?s the first show... pretty normal review for one... although I laughed my ass off when I read this: "he insulted the crowd with reiterated ''motherfucker'' and ''fuck you''. well ain?t it normal on rock shows hearing words like fuck you and motherfucker loads of times? Lol at least that?s what happens when I go to concerts... oh well.. Roll Eyes. Anyway there?s no need to worry... this was a warm-up gig... they are settling down things... shows will grow better and better as the tour continues.   Wink
lol and btw... wtf is an instrumental pirouette?  rofl

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 05:24:15 PM »

"incapable of provoking a spell in the crowd"

Yeah that's really what I heard on those clips? Roll Eyes
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 05:27:39 PM »

Yeah that's really what I heard on those clips  Roll Eyes

Yeah I thought the same thing.  Sounds like this dude has something personal against the band.  The new song sounded cool (what I could hear of it) people should just be glad these guys are touring.  Should read - "legendarios:  Slash, Duff, y Scott."

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 06:08:13 PM »

VELVET RECOLVER & BAD RELIGION

Velvet Revolver [Taste a (very) little]
Tuesday 10 of April of the 2007
Athletic track of the Nacional Stage
To 21:45 hours the lights of the Athletic Track
Attended: 8.000

were extinguished, which assured that the show was on the verge of beginning. Suddenly, it is heard by the loudspeakers ?From Hollywood, Velvet Revolver? and there, before they were sent with the first agreed ones of one of the 4 new subjects (`Let it Roll') that the quinteto interpreted, the situation me was already made strange. Was not that the way in which Guns N' Roses opened its recitales? Peculiar, to say the minus. To play of entrance with the memory of the band that at its moment commanded Axl Rose did not seem a good idea. Velvet did of hers during the first 25 minutes of presentation, where the Kids followed one another `for Do it', `Superhuman', `Sucker Train Blues', another advance of ?Freedom?, `She Mine', and `Fall to Pieces'. Of certain way, it gave the impression to be seeing a group that is very strong in the present, with a Scott Weiland who surprised by the interesting thing of his performance, doing all possible because the interpretations were to the height of the expectations, helping itself even of a megaphone. Although, without to be foolish, safe with his power-ballad that was a mega?xito anywhere in the world, the attending public (to that height, around 8 thousand people) was not very it jeopardize. Later, the band cut to the rate of its own show when doing 5 followed subjects that they did not belong to the notable ?Contraband? of the 2004. Other 2 samples of ?Freedom? (`Get out the the future first Door' and single, a pair of classic of the Stone Temple Pilots, `Crackerman' and `Sex Type Thing' (where one occurred to the greater feedback between the North Americans and the public); and the chacal `It' s under Easy', of Guns, which caused for the first time that all the public jumped and was touched with the concert. The first part closed with sensational `Seth me Free', the first subject that knew this s?perbanda, that came in the sound track of ?Hulk?. He was peculiar, but in those exact 55 minutes, people better passed it with the memories of STP and Guns that those of the own Velvet. There I create who am an error at the time of arming setlist. I had left the sensation of which they did not validate themselves by themselves, but that saw as a necessity to make use to the classic ones of long ago. First bis was not the exception. The eternal Slash sent with `Wish You Were Here' of Pink Floyd, which obvious made that the public coreara each verse of the subject, just like it happened with another subject of Guns N' Roses, `Used to Love Her'. Quickly the members of the group returned to disappear, without at least taking leave, which was the tonic of the day: no word of Weiland to the public, and except for the Chilean flag that Duff received, noticed little that was in Chile. Scott improvised something that way of ?chilean girl?, but people did not put much attention to him. They enter by third time the scene and `Mr. Brownstone' (yes, also of Guns) returned to leave the broom, to take step finally `Slither', one of the greater successes of Velvet Revolver. Thus the night was closed. With an impeccable sound, with a band that a kilo touches, but with one disagreement sensation is strange. What happened with `Dirty Little Thing', with `Headspace', `Spectacle' or `You Got nonRight'? I believe that the quinteto yes has material like arming, at least, one first part of its presentation with material of first, and own one. Remarkable the new subjects, quite powerful and promising. But the relation with the public was lukewarm, and great part of the responsibility is of the foreign set. Adding and reducing, 6 songs of ?Contraband?, 6 covers and 4 of ?Freedom? in only one hour 20 minutes. Very disparejo, for a grouping that it wants to gain his space by itself. The one that could be a great celebration of the rock & roll, it was only one acceptable presentation of legendary musicians who could offer much more. When arriving at my house, they gave desire me to listen to Guns N' Roses and nonVelvet Revolver. That graphical situation better than nothing to which I talk about.

Juan Ignacio Cornejo K. 

Tickets Sales: 15.000

Sold Bad religion      : 5.000
Sold Velvet Revolver: 2000
Invitation Generals  : 1000 (Radios, Tv, Newspapers, etc).

Promotor & Productions

http://www.ciechile.cl

Source & Pictures:

http://www.rockaxis.com/live_reviewxs_ver.php?cPath=231_238&products_id=4224

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
whpprsnpprr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 06:41:36 PM »

Hey Jim Bob whos that in your avatar?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 07:14:16 PM »

lol and btw... wtf is an instrumental pirouette?  rofl

Yeah that's really what I heard on those clips

Just to clear some things, I need to say that the english review is just MY translation of the spanish article. I tried to translate literally, and there are big chances that I made mistakes. I did my best, trust me.

About ''instrumental pirouette'', I don't know, I didnt understand that even in spanish, which is my mother language. But the translation is correct.

Javier Ochoa
Banned
Opening Act

Rockin' Slash!

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 12:37:50 AM »

I think that whit "an instrumental pirouette" he refers to some Slash's improvisations or something like that. Slash uses to change the way of playing some songs parts on the stage.

Or perhaps he only points the talent of our lovely guitar hero   Wink

My opinion is that these "reviews" should NOT  be taken seriously. The REAL reviews are those which are written by FANS who went to the show, not any cheap newspaper...

Next sunday I will be in River Plate Stadium (Buenos Aires) watching Velvet Revolver...so I only have to wait 3 days to make my own review. I won't be cheated by these "bad milk" (Ja, argentinian joke) lines.

Byee

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 04:09:03 AM »

If you dislike VR that much why do you come here this often (VR part that is)? Do you also go to gay bars and complain about all the faggots you see?

Hehe, nice analogy you got there: "VR subforum - the gay bar of HTGTH!" hihi

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 09:20:05 AM »

I think that whit "an instrumental pirouette" he refers to some Slash's improvisations or something like that. Slash uses to change the way of playing some songs parts on the stage.

Or perhaps he only points the talent of our lovely guitar hero   Wink

About ''instrumental pirouette'', I don't know, I didnt understand that even in spanish, which is my mother language. But the translation is correct.

lol yeah who knows... but it was something that really made me laugh trying to figure out what the hell it might be.   hihi

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
darkmonth
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 09:36:59 AM »

told ya they should drop the GNR songs.    the material is strong enough from contraband to do a show without it!  oh wait, its not.  But surely between Libertad and Contraband there is enough good stuff there?  you'd think?

Thing is man... I disagree.  Contraband is a hard rockin album, with tracks that come across really well live.  So actually, they do have material strong enough.  I still listen to Contraband.  It's a great album.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 02:10:27 PM »

I have to agree with the part in the second review about having the guy say pretty much the same thing for vr as he did for guns back in the day to open the show. It's just a bad idea to have him say the same stuff he use to say when introducing guns back in the day.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 03:18:39 PM »

Thing is man... I disagree.  Contraband is a hard rockin album, with tracks that come across really well live.  So actually, they do have material strong enough.  I still listen to Contraband.  It's a great album.

I know this is not the subject of the thread, but I was wondering WHERE do you see ''hard rock'' in ''Contraband''. Personally, the only hard rocking track in that album is ''Slither'', and I cant find any other.

Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 04:27:14 PM »

Sold Bad religion? ? ? : 5.000
Invitation Generals? : 1000 (Radios, Tv, Newspapers, etc).

ja ja, your pathetic man, where is the source of that bullshit that you wrote?, , Were you in the Show ?, NO, so dont speaks lies

there were 10.000 / 12.000 people in the show and the majority of the people went to see Velvet Revolver, there were many Velvet Revolver and Guns n' roses t-shirts (no t-shirts about the New merchandising), just a few t-shirts about Bad Reiligion,  Though is a good band, doesn't have many fans in my country (Chile)

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 04:37:16 PM »

Sold Bad religion      : 5.000
Invitation Generals  : 1000 (Radios, Tv, Newspapers, etc).

ja ja, your pathetic man, where is the source of that bullshit that you wrote?, , Were you in the Show ?, NO, so dont speaks lies

there were 10.000 / 12.000 people in the show and the majority of the people went to see Velvet Revolver, there were many Velvet Revolver and Guns n' roses t-shirts (no t-shirts about the New merchandising), just a few t-shirts about Bad Reiligion,  Though is a good band, doesn't have many fans in my country (Chile)

I highly doubt that a person who likes the current GNR lineup could pay a ticket for a VR show... incompatible tastes in my opinion.

Your english is good man, I'm surprised!

I want you back in Uzi, I need a big ass to kick  hihi

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: