Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:25:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL thread  (Read 122923 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #340 on: January 19, 2006, 10:34:35 AM »

Speaking about the Bettis fumble, did you hear about the guy in a Pittsburgh bar, watching the game, who actually had a heart attack when that happened? Dan Patrick had him on his radio show today, along with the bus. And Steve Smith is a monster on the field. Yes, Deshaun Foster is done, but Nick Goings isn't a rookie, either. He had six 100yd games last season for the Panthers. Wouldn't it be amazing if it were Pittsburgh/Carolina in the super bowl? Two wild card teams at the big dance.

i heard that guy on the radio the other day. awesome story.

if the colts had ran that fumble back for a TD, or found a way to win after that fumble, it would have been one of the most memorable plays in the history of the sport. right up there with the "miracle at the meadowlands", "the tuck rule play", "the catch", etc.

still, it was an awesome game. instant classic.

and i realized something this year (first in the texas-usc game, and then watching the nfl playoffs this year)....

football games are WAY more exciting when the referees screw up. that probably sounds crazy, and its the last thing anyone wants. but when it happens, it makes my stomach turn so much, but i'm instantly way more into the game.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
sandman
Legend

« Reply #341 on: January 20, 2006, 09:31:46 AM »

time to make your predictions for the championship games.

Pittsburgh at Denver (-3).
Carolina at Seattle (-3.5).

Denver 24-17. this game is tough to call cause the teams are so similar. both teams looked great last week. but i denver has the coaching advantage, and they're playing at home. i was really impressed with the denver D and the pressure they put on brady (lynch was all over the place). i am not a fan of plummer at all and i could see him throwing this game away, but i think shanahan will find a way to keep the pressure off of him.

Carolina 30-20. i think goings is a good fill in at RB, and smith is unstoppable. he's the best player in football right now. carolina has been there before, they're on a roll, and i don't think the seahawk D will be able to stop them much.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #342 on: January 20, 2006, 10:01:31 AM »

Steelers vs Broncos- This is the best championship matchup we have seen in years. It could truly go either way. You're right about Plummer, and I'm sure Shanahan knows that also, and their running attack will be used through most of the game. If Pittsburgh takes an early lead, Denver will have to abandon the running game and then the pressure is on Plummer, and mistakes will be made. The Steelers are a dangerous team right now, and with this likely being Bettis's last year, they will do whatever it takes to get him that superbowl ring. The Steelers definitely have a shot, but I'm gonna have to say the Broncos win this, and it will be close.
 Seattle vs Carolina-  Seattle is the most overrated number one seed we have seen since the 1998-99 Minnesota Vikings. Hasselbeck isn't that good, and when Carolina starts winning from the start, he wont be able to handle the pressure. I think the seahawks will choke just as bad, if not worse, as Chicago did. When you consider all the injuries the panthers have had over the past couple years, I think they know this is their last real chance at a superbowl run, and they wont blow the opportunity. Panthers win this by at least a couple touchdowns.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #343 on: January 20, 2006, 10:27:34 AM »

Hey James how did the interview go? hihi

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqySsqumc0KZvY5yxoFkJAhDubYF?slug=ap-bills-lofton&prov=ap&type=lgns

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #344 on: January 20, 2006, 11:28:22 AM »

I'm considering taking the job. hihi

Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #345 on: January 20, 2006, 06:29:11 PM »

ok, my head says Seattle this weekend, but my heart can't pick against my team. Everything is stacked against the Panthers Sunday. A 3000 mile plane ride, a team that hasn't lost at home all year, Peppers banged up, Foster out, one hell of a loud crowd, I know, I know......................but, Delhomme: 5/1 in the playoffs, Smitty: a freak, Fox: really, really good. And of course, Peppers will play, make no mistake. And Julius with one good shoulder is as good as 90% of NFL'ers with two. So, of course I'll pick Carolina in a tough one.

Denver and Pittsburgh is going to be a great game. I'm really torn about who comes out on top. Again, my head says Denver, but my heart goes to Pittsburgh. Bettis, in what will probably be his last year in the NFL, is going to give it everything he's got. I love the idea of two wild cards making it, even though I know it's a long shot. I can see either team winning Sunday, but I'm pulling for the dogs.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #346 on: January 20, 2006, 10:44:55 PM »

I'm going for Pitt vs Seattle ok

Why don't you just....
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #347 on: January 20, 2006, 10:47:22 PM »

Come on now! hihi hihi

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #348 on: January 21, 2006, 10:27:16 AM »

Come on now! hihi hihi

hihi  I just went back to see your pick and we're the total opposite again!  If I have to be wrong on one, I hope it's the Seattle game.  Grin

Why don't you just....
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #349 on: January 21, 2006, 10:58:36 AM »

Come on now! hihi hihi

hihi  I just went back to see your pick and we're the total opposite again!  If I have to be wrong on one, I hope it's the Seattle game.  Grin

Carolina vs. Pittsburg. Well, that would be a better game imo. Grin

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #350 on: January 21, 2006, 05:56:23 PM »

My picks:

Broncos 24 Steelers 21:  Broncos ar very tough at home.  Cowher has been dreadful throughout his career in Championship games.  And the Broncos have to be pissed that they're still being over-looked this late into the season.  One more win and they're in the Superbowl and still no one is talking about them.

Panthers 31 Seahawks 27:  Steve Smith is gonna tear them up.  Nick Goings is a more capable backup than Maurice Morris as well.  I know Alexander says he's fine, but he'll still probably see less action than usual.  Delhome has won one of these games before, while Hasselbeck hasn't.  Carolina needs to get pressure on him though.  The Skins didn't and they payed for it.  Peppers and Rucker should do a better job of getting to the QB, and they'll be going to Detroit to take on Denver in the Superbowl.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #351 on: January 23, 2006, 10:17:17 AM »

Come on now! hihi hihi

Woo hoo!  Sorry, Drew. Wink

Why don't you just....
sandman
Legend

« Reply #352 on: January 23, 2006, 10:37:53 AM »

pitt vs. seattle in the SB. that's a decent matchup. and it's cool to see new blood in there - pitt hasn't won in close to 30 years, and seattle has never been there.

i could not have been more wrong on my predictions. luckily i was smart enough not to bet these games.  hihi  although i did lose 2 cases of beer to a buddy on the carolina game.

opening line for the SB has the steelers favored by 3.5. my initial gut reaction is to bet the house on the steelers. i thought the line would be about 6 or 7. but i have to give it some thought over the next two weeks.

talk about proof that the NFC is weak....the #1 in the NFC is playing the #6 in the AFC, and the AFC team is favored. 

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #353 on: January 23, 2006, 01:17:14 PM »

I was right for Seattle, wrong about Denver. Man, Plummer really sucked the big one yesterday.

And I can't beleive how effectively Seattle shut down Smith. Well, I can kinda. When Givens went down, they had nothing to do on offense but to pass to Smith and Seattle knew it, double and triple coverage, him Carolina was done. That Punt return shoulda been called back too rant

I'm sticking with Seattle for the SB

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #354 on: January 23, 2006, 10:37:16 PM »

Denver vs Pittsburgh- Some of the worst play calling we've seen in awhile. The Broncos proved that they were overrated, and didnt deserve the attention and respect that they thought they deserved. Dumbest call of the game: When Denver went for it on fourth down at the 15 yard line with more than five minutes to go, and they were only down by ten points. Talk about having no faith in your defense. Pittsburgh easily earned this victory, and they should have no trouble in beating Seatlle in 2 weeks. No one would have predicted this Superbowl earlier in the year, and hopefully its a good game.

Seattle vs Carolina- Not much to say about this game, because its like Carolina didnt even show up. But I think Foster's injury last week is what made the Panthers so innefective this week. Steve Smith cant be their only weapon, and that was proven yesterday. Delhomme didnt even have a chance. He was pressured all day, and never really found a rythmn.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #355 on: January 25, 2006, 07:43:36 PM »

Oh well, I guess I'll find something else to do now. Undecided

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #356 on: January 25, 2006, 10:13:05 PM »

Oh well, I guess I'll find something else to do now. Undecided

What?  There's going to be a GREAT game in a week and a half! Wink

Why don't you just....
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #357 on: January 25, 2006, 10:14:49 PM »

What?  There's going to be a GREAT game in a week and a half! Wink

Maybe. But right now, I'm not interested in the Superbowl. Things could change by then though. Smiley

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #358 on: January 25, 2006, 10:16:08 PM »

What?? There's going to be a GREAT game in a week and a half! Wink

Maybe. But right now, I'm not interested in the Superbowl. Things could change by then though. Smiley

We can bet on opposing teams.  Tongue

Why don't you just....
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #359 on: January 25, 2006, 10:22:32 PM »

We can bet on opposing teams.  Tongue

Trying to make it interesting, aren't you? Wink Grin

lol

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: