Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:20:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL thread  (Read 122979 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #320 on: January 13, 2006, 08:28:25 PM »

Did you guys hear about Carson Palmer's injury? Doctors are now saying its one of the worst knee injuries they have ever seen. One doctor said if he rated it on a scale of 1 to 3, his injury would be a 4. His career is probably over. Pretty fucking sad. I'm not a Bengals fan, but this guy had potential to be a star.

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #321 on: January 15, 2006, 10:03:24 AM »

I'm 2 for 2 again this week!  beer

If I go 3 for 4 again, I hope I'm wrong on the Pitt game!  Grin

Why don't you just....
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #322 on: January 15, 2006, 10:54:04 AM »

Did you guys hear about Carson Palmer's injury? Doctors are now saying its one of the worst knee injuries they have ever seen. One doctor said if he rated it on a scale of 1 to 3, his injury would be a 4. His career is probably over. Pretty fucking sad. I'm not a Bengals fan, but this guy had potential to be a star.

Yeah but didn't the doctor retract his statement later? I'm sure the Bengals promotions office and ticket sales office got a hold of that doctor real fast!!!!! rofl rofl

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #323 on: January 15, 2006, 05:14:21 PM »

wow i can't believe that indy lost  rofl

told you Manning would Choke i just predicted the wrong week

now I'm 2 for 3

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #324 on: January 15, 2006, 06:08:44 PM »

wow i can't believe that indy lost  rofl

told you Manning would Choke i just predicted the wrong week

now I'm 2 for 3

Yes, the Colts choked big time!!!!! Just like they do every year. It's ridiculous! I'm now rooting that Carolina and Denver will be in the Superbowl.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #325 on: January 15, 2006, 07:15:12 PM »

I'm 2 for 2 again this week!? beer

If I go 3 for 4 again, I hope I'm wrong on the Pitt game!? Grin

Yay!  I was wrong on the Pitt game!  That's the one I wanted to wrong on if any!!  Go Steelers!  beer

Why don't you just....
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #326 on: January 15, 2006, 09:02:15 PM »

3 out of 4, and I'm glad I was wrong about Indy. Carolina wins the super bowl!..................hopefully

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #327 on: January 15, 2006, 10:31:07 PM »

i went 3 of 4. had indy wrong. i knew they would choke, but i too thought it would be next week.

today's games were great. probably the two best of the playoffs so far.

tony dungy is a very average coach. he should be a coordinator. he's a great teacher, and can build teams. but as far as being a big game day coach, he's one of the worst in the league. and i'm sick of people trying to say otherwise. i could name 10 coaches that would win the SB this year with that team.

and the bears proved to be total frauds. they padded their stats all year against weak teams. they were well rested, at home, and their D got DOMINATED by the panthers offense.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #328 on: January 15, 2006, 11:24:10 PM »

i went 3 of 4. had indy wrong. i knew they would choke, but i too thought it would be next week.

today's games were great. probably the two best of the playoffs so far.

tony dungy is a very average coach. he should be a coordinator. he's a great teacher, and can build teams. but as far as being a big game day coach, he's one of the worst in the league. and i'm sick of people trying to say otherwise. i could name 10 coaches that would win the SB this year with that team.

and the bears proved to be total frauds. they padded their stats all year against weak teams. they were well rested, at home, and their D got DOMINATED by the panthers offense.

I agree with everything.

Dungy is very very average, I knew taking the last 2 weeks easy would destroy them.

When a team blitzes like Pitt did, All u have to do to beat them is throw screen pass, after screen pass.

Once u start throwing the screens, teams have to back off the blitzing.

Bill Cowher is never gonna win a SB though.

He does dumb shit when the game is tight.

I thought he finally grew some balls going for it twice on 4th down, I thought he had turned over a new leaf but then what does he do?

They stop blitzing, Indy scores twice in about 4 minutes and they almost blow the game.

I dont know why the fuck teams still go into that dumb ass Prevent Defense.

Steve Smith is the best WR in football, he proved it today, 12 catches against the Bears, that is phenomenal. I dont know why teams dont double cover him, That is retarded.

Marvin Harrison proved again that he is an overrated receiver.  Great regular season stats, has yet to do anything on a big stage.

over at 2ksports.com I have been running an NFL game since week 3 where everyone picks the winners.

we are now in the playoffs and I am leading my guy 3-1 so Im headed to the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #329 on: January 16, 2006, 02:50:27 AM »

Bears-Panthers The bears didnt even show up. Almost unbearable to watch. Not only did the defense suck, but they relied way too much on the passing game. Its like they thought Grossman was Joe Montana. They should have put Kyle orton in late in the 1st quarter when it was obvious things wrent gonna go well. He's not all that great, but the Bears had 99% of their wins with him, so they should have lost with him. If Carolina can destroy the Bears, they should have little trouble in Seattle.
Colts-Steelers NFL teams should learn a valuable lesson from this game: Do not sit your starters during the final 3 weeks of the season!! I knew that would cause them to lose, and it sure did. Manning is once again proving himself to be the new generation's Dan Marino. Dumbest move of the game: The Colts going for it on fourth down back at the 10 yard line. There was plenty of time left, and they had all their timeouts left. It was a stupid move. I'm glad they lost, and I think Dungy should be fired for his obvious incompetence. In the first half of the game, did you guys see when Peyton overruled Dungy's call for a punt? It showed the arrogancy of Manning, and the weakness and lack of respect for Dungy. If I were the Colts GM, I would start tearing this team apart, and getting as good of a trade for these people while they still have market value.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #330 on: January 16, 2006, 11:17:45 AM »

Cool i ended 3 for 4. as long as Alexander plays next sunday i still think it'll be a Den/Sea superbowl

I can't believe the bears allowed 29 points against at home. just unbelievable.

And how is it possible for Tom Brady to have 340 passing yards but only 1 TD?

sandman
Legend

« Reply #331 on: January 16, 2006, 06:18:22 PM »

Great quote by manning?. ?I?m trying to be a good teammate here, but we were having problems with our protection.? Talk about throwing your teammates under the bus. What a loser.

D ? I agree on all points. Especially about Cower. They went prevent and allowed the colts to go 80 yards for a TD in about 90 seconds ? 25 yards here, 30 yards there. That prevent is ridiculous. But he did get more aggressive on the colts last two drives (and it worked), so I have to give him credit for that. But I think he?ll find a way to lose against the broncos.

I thought grossman played real well, although I did just check his stats and they?re really weak. But he continued to make nice throws and bring the bears back within a couple of points. And if the bears D could have just gotten a big stop or two, I think the bears win that game. But it seemed like everytime the bears scored, the panthers came right back down the field and got some points. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #332 on: January 16, 2006, 07:29:48 PM »

Great quote by manning?. ?I?m trying to be a good teammate here, but we were having problems with our protection.? Talk about throwing your teammates under the bus. What a loser.
Yeah, that was a horrible thing to say. He probably just lost the respect of alot of his teammates.

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #333 on: January 17, 2006, 10:15:16 AM »

Pittsburgh's going all the way baby.? The Broncos will put up a good fight, but we'll get the best of them in the end.? I believe Carolina will beat the Seahawks, but will lose to Pittsburgh in the SB.? Pittsburgh's a better team and this being Bettis's last year and all, nothing is gonna get between them and that trophy.? Pittsburgh crushed the Colts - the best team in the NFL.? Had that dumbfuck referee not reveresed Polomalu's interception (which the NFL admitted was a mistake), Indy never would have made that last touchdown and the final score would have been at least 21-10 if not 28/24-10 with Indy getting the ball back for a minute or two.? Pittsburgh accomplished what no other team in the NFL could do - beat Indy's first string players.? Like it or not, Pittsburgh's the team to beat and they have more momentum and talent than any of the other 3 teams.? peace
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 10:18:44 AM by Guns N' Rock Music » Logged
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2006, 11:33:41 AM »

Pittsburgh's going all the way baby.? The Broncos will put up a good fight, but we'll get the best of them in the end.? I believe Carolina will beat the Seahawks, but will lose to Pittsburgh in the SB.? Pittsburgh's a better team and this being Bettis's last year and all, nothing is gonna get between them and that trophy.? Pittsburgh crushed the Colts - the best team in the NFL.? Had that dumbfuck referee not reveresed Polomalu's interception (which the NFL admitted was a mistake), Indy never would have made that last touchdown and the final score would have been at least 21-10 if not 28/24-10 with Indy getting the ball back for a minute or two.? Pittsburgh accomplished what no other team in the NFL could do - beat Indy's first string players.? Like it or not, Pittsburgh's the team to beat and they have more momentum and talent than any of the other 3 teams.? peace

beer  Nice - I'm with you!  I have been a Pitt fan since the 70's!  ok

Why don't you just....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #335 on: January 17, 2006, 12:05:36 PM »

beer? Nice - I'm with you!? I have been a Pitt fan since the 70's!? ok

Ahem.....

IN the key of John Lennon:

"People say Guns N' Rock Music's a dreamer....But he's not the only one" hihi two upsets in the conference finals? I don't think so.  Bettis is unstoppable? well he was shitting his pants after that fumble wasn't he? I thought he was gonna have a heart attack as indy was heading down the feild for that last drive.

and with DeShaun Foster out it'll put some pressure on the Panthers passing game. they just will not have the option of running the ball as much with him out of the lineup. And Alexander says he's playing sooo.....

It kinda looks like everyone on Indy is trying to shift the blame to someone else. you could tell by the look in Mannings eyes that he thought Vanderjagt was the one who choked (he did, but it's a team game not just one guy). and on The Score, a sports channel here in Canada, it showed a war of words between those two from 2003. Vanderjagt said that both Manning and Dungy were not very good leaders and Manning responded by calling him a "Jackass Kicker" hihi Indeed it may be time to think about trading some of the team for youth before they are too old to be valuable.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #336 on: January 17, 2006, 03:03:17 PM »

I definitely agree the Colts were obviously hurt by the long layoff.  They didn't get into their rythym on offense until the 4th quarter.  Who would've thought Bears/Panthers was gonna be the highest scoring game of the weekend?  Steve Smith was amazing.  Why didn't the Bears double team him?  And why was Tillman on him instead of Vasher for most of the game?  Imagine a Broncos vs. Seahawks Superbowl.  I don't think anyone picked that before the season started.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #337 on: January 17, 2006, 06:17:51 PM »

Speaking about the Bettis fumble, did you hear about the guy in a Pittsburgh bar, watching the game, who actually had a heart attack when that happened? Dan Patrick had him on his radio show today, along with the bus. And Steve Smith is a monster on the field. Yes, Deshaun Foster is done, but Nick Goings isn't a rookie, either. He had six 100yd games last season for the Panthers. Wouldn't it be amazing if it were Pittsburgh/Carolina in the super bowl? Two wild card teams at the big dance.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #338 on: January 17, 2006, 07:36:03 PM »

Carolina and Denver in Superbowl XL, please............!!!!!!! yes Grin

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #339 on: January 17, 2006, 09:43:21 PM »

Imagine a Broncos vs. Seahawks Superbowl.?
That would be historic. It would be the first time that two former division rivals met at the Superbowl. But I hope it doesn't happen. I've always hated Seattle, and I think Carolina deserves it for whipping Chicago's ass.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: