Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:32:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL thread  (Read 123000 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #300 on: January 09, 2006, 02:17:21 PM »

WOW!!!! Car 23 - NYG 0

Holy shit!!! lol,? i thought Eli was gonna choke but i didn't think he'd stay home hihi

the only game i got wrong was TB/Wsh Sad I don't think they can beat Seattle this week though nervous

sandman
Legend

« Reply #301 on: January 09, 2006, 02:22:39 PM »

WOW!!!! Car 23 - NYG 0

Holy shit!!! lol,? i thought Eli was gonna choke but i didn't think he'd stay home hihi

the only game i got wrong was TB/Wsh Sad I don't think they can beat Seattle this week though nervous

actually the giants would have had a better chance if eli DID stay home.  rofl

and the bengals-steelers would have come down to the wire if palmer didn't get injured IMO.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #302 on: January 09, 2006, 02:40:05 PM »

Palmer getting injured was the end of Cincy.

I cant believe fans were actually up and arms a couple years ago when Marvin Lewis handed Palmer the starting job.

He is an excellent QB and will win an MVP or two.

Vince young declared for the draft and Houston should drop David Carr and select Vince young who has a stronger arm than Leinart, the running ability of Bush and the power of Lendale White all rolled into one.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #303 on: January 10, 2006, 01:00:07 AM »

Divisional Playoffs
Saturday, Jan. 14
GAME TIME NETWORK SIRIUS Radio
AWAY HOME
Washington at Seattle 4:30 p.m. FOX     
New England at Denver 8:00 p.m. CBS     
Sunday, Jan. 15
GAME TIME NETWORK SIRIUS Radio
AWAY HOME
Pittsburgh at Indianapolis 1:00 p.m. CBS     
Carolina at Chicago 4:30 p.m. FOX

Washington at Seattle- I believe this will be the big upset in the playoffs. I think Seattle is the most overrated team we've seen in years, and their weak division is the only reason they have home field advantage. The Redskins aren't a great team, but I think they will find a way to win this one.

New England at Denver- Its really hard to go against the Patriots in this one. Yeah, Denver is a hostile place to play, but the Patriots are used to these types of games, and should easily seal the victory. This game could easily turn into a blowout. Jake Plummer is known for choking in big games. He will continue that streak.

Pittsburgh at Indianapolis- The key here is how the Colts can handle playing when most of their starters have had minimal playing time for going on a month. I think it was a huge mistake for them to sit their starters for the majority of their last 3 games. If Pittsburgh takes an early lead, the Colts are in trouble. If Bettis has a big day, we will see a rematch of last years Steelers-Patriots playoff game. But I'm gonna take Indy in this one. Big Ben isn't consistent enough right now to take them deep into the playoffs.

Carolina at Chicago- This is being billed as a huge matchup. I dont think so. Chicago destroyed Carolina a few weeks ago, and the Bears will do it again. The Bears are going to the Superbowl, and there isn't anything Carolina can do about it.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #304 on: January 10, 2006, 11:52:34 AM »

Seattle will kill Washington....I went to the game on saturday & they were lucky to beat the Bucs. A few bad calls really helped Washington win that one.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #305 on: January 10, 2006, 01:11:35 PM »

I need to redeem myself this week. Tough games to predict this week, but here we go (and I do reserve the right to change my picks before the weekend):

Seattle over Washington, 34-7. the skins are lucky that WR dropped that TD pass, or else they would be sitting at home this weekend. They may not even score a point this week. (and it?s not that I think seattle is a great team?.it?s just the NFC is so weak.)

Denver over New England, 27-17. stat of the week?.belichick is 14-0 when facing a QB for the second time in a season (excluding the last game of the year vs. Miami when they sat most of their team). BUT, if he is the best coach in the league, shanahan is the second best - so the coaching advantage the pats usually enjoy is diminished. And the patriots have some weaknesses which shanahan will identify and exploit (average secondary, lack of a strong running game).

Carolina over Chicago, 14-9. This is the last team the bears wanted to play. Not a good matchup for them. Carolina has the better coach and more playoff experience.

Indy over Pitts, 31-21. if john freakin kitna can have a decent game against the steeler D, manning should have no problem.

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #306 on: January 10, 2006, 03:31:50 PM »

Indy over Pitts, 31-21. if john freakin kitna can have a decent game against the steeler D, manning should have no problem.

He had a decent QUARTER! Wink  If Bettis and Ben are on, Indy is done. 

Why don't you just....
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #307 on: January 10, 2006, 03:33:14 PM »

Not a bad weekend for me, I got 3 of 4 with the Bengals beinbg the only team I picked that lost. ?Man, did I feel bad for Carson Palmer. ?My picks for this week:

Redskins over Seahawks 24-21: ?The Skins were awful offensively last week, but they've been inconsistent on offense all year. ?Also they were up against one of the best defenses in football. ?I expect the offense to bounce back against a much weaker Seattle defense, and our defense has been good against the run and pass. ?The Seahawks are good, but not as good as their record would indicate.

Patriots over Broncos 30-21: ?Untill the Brady & Belichick connection lose a playoff game I'm picking them. ?Also as James said, Plummer has choked in big games.

Colts over Steelers 31-22: ?The Colts will probably start out slowly since they might be a bit rusty, but as sandman said...if Kitna can play well against them Manning and Co. will tear them up. ?The Steelers don't have what it takes to go into the dome and beat the Colts in the playoffs.

Bears over Panthers 13-10: ?Defense all the way in this one. ?Two of the best units in the league go against each other here. ?Also John Fox and Lovie Smith are two of the best defensive coaches in the game. ?If this game were in Carolina I'd be picking the Panthers, but traveling to Chicago in January is too tall an order for a warm weather team. ?Also Chicago has the advantage in the running game, and that's probably the only way either of these teams will move the ball. ?Carolina's backfield is banged up while Chicago's Thomas Jones is having a career year. ?If things turn out how I think it will make for an interesting week in my house as I'm a Redskin fan and my Dad's a Bear fan.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #308 on: January 10, 2006, 07:56:44 PM »

Giants got rolled
Hell Yes!!!!!!!! ok beer

I have Indy vs Carolina in the Superbowl, Indy winning it.

Me too. I really hope both teams make it to the Superbowl!!! yes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #309 on: January 11, 2006, 06:57:35 AM »

Carolina over Chicago, 14-9. This is the last team the bears wanted to play. Not a good matchup for them.
Not true. Carolina is the exact team they wanted to play in their first playoff game. Its like giving Chicago a bye into the NFC Championship. Apparently you didn't watch the Bears-Panthers game late in the season. Carolina couldn't do anything. They were inconsistent through most of that game. ok

sandman
Legend

« Reply #310 on: January 11, 2006, 09:38:56 AM »

Carolina over Chicago, 14-9. This is the last team the bears wanted to play. Not a good matchup for them.
Not true. Carolina is the exact team they wanted to play in their first playoff game. Its like giving Chicago a bye into the NFC Championship. Apparently you didn't watch the Bears-Panthers game late in the season. Carolina couldn't do anything. They were inconsistent through most of that game. ok

what happened in the regular season has little effect on the playoffs. if anything, it gives carolina a huge advantage. cause now they know what to expect from the bears D, and fox will make the necessary adjustments. 

the eagles beat the bucs and the panthers in each regular season that they lost to them in the NFC champ games. and both years the eagles were big favorites to win.

carolina was inconsistent most of the regular season. but it seems like they got their shit together now.

i'll admit i don't feel strongly about the panthers and this game could easily go either way, but i'm not all that impressed with chicago, and i think the panthers playoff experience gives them a big edge.

also, interesting notes from the bears-panthers reuglar season matchup:
1. delomme threw a couple early picks which did them in.
2. dan morgan got injured early in the game.
3. steve smith had about 160 yards receiving.

i hope i'm wrong cause i really HATE the panthers.   

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #311 on: January 11, 2006, 10:40:36 AM »

i'm not all that impressed with chicago ?
Then you haven't seen them play. With this team, reading the stats, watching highlights, or hearing them judged on espn doesn't do this team justice. You have to watch the entire game each week to see what this team is capable of. Luckily, I have NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV so I can watch them every week. I highly recommend you order a DirecTV. hihi

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #312 on: January 11, 2006, 11:01:33 AM »

Carolina are a much different team than they we're a few weeks ago.  Weve finally got our running game, and Jake Delhomme is in his element in the playoffs.  Add to that Steve Smith and Da Bears weak Secondary and weakness at the Quarterback position, The Panthers will win it.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #313 on: January 11, 2006, 11:59:21 AM »

Philly finally gave TO The official "Go find somewhere else to play"

As for this weekend nervous There are some tough picks to make

I'm a NE fan but i can't see them beating Denver IN Denver. They are unstoppable at home. Brady, Dillon, Branch will need to be huge and their D will have to step up and play their best game of the year for them to advance. (But it is that time of year and NE has been getting better every game since mid season so who knows right.) Still I have to say Denver.

Wsh/Sea? I will have to say Seattle

Car/Chi - Dunno, i think Carolina will win

Indy/Pitts - Gotta go with Indy

Then the Other Manning will choke again (It's in their blood I think hihi ) and we'll see a Seattle/Denver Superbowl
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 12:01:50 PM by Neemo » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #314 on: January 11, 2006, 01:52:04 PM »

i'm not all that impressed with chicago ?
Then you haven't seen them play. With this team, reading the stats, watching highlights, or hearing them judged on espn doesn't do this team justice. You have to watch the entire game each week to see what this team is capable of. Luckily, I have NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV so I can watch them every week. I highly recommend you order a DirecTV. hihi

i will admit i didn't see many of their games. but i watched them play GB (maybe the worst team in the league), and they struggled. and then i watched them get dominated by the steelers.

these teams are very similar - and i think all the intangibles even out.

and neither will have much success running the ball (although both will try). so it will be the team that can make the bigger plays throwing downfield, and with smith, the panthers have an advantage.

also, delhomme is a better and more playoff tested QB. i think grossman is a stiff. hopefully he proves me wrong.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #315 on: January 12, 2006, 03:57:26 PM »

I think the Panthers are just too inconsistent to get too far into the playoffs.  Some weeks they look like one of the best teams in the NFL, and others they lose to teams they are clearly better than.  I personally think the Panthers are much more talented than the Bears, but you never know which Panther team you're gonna get.  Also its extremely tough to go into Soldier Filed in January and get any kind of passing game going.  Especially against a good Bears D.  The Bears do not have a weak secondary, Thorazine.  Vasher and Mike Brown are stars, and the rest is pretty solid as well.  That Bears D is tough all around.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #316 on: January 13, 2006, 07:54:01 AM »

That Bears D is tough all around.
You got that right. It is phenomenal. Its true they arent too good on offense, but that defense is special and will probably go down as one of the greatest defenses of all time. For a large part of the season, they were only giving up 11 points a game. You dont need an offense with those stats. Im hoping the skins whip the seahawks, and then the road to the superbowl goes through chicago. beer

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #317 on: January 13, 2006, 08:30:55 AM »

I'm with Neemo's picks too. Carolina, Indianapolis, Denver, and Seattle.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #318 on: January 13, 2006, 07:02:07 PM »

Carolina, Denver, Seattle, Indy

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #319 on: January 13, 2006, 07:23:59 PM »

Seattle
Chicago
Indy - although I really WANT Pitt to win!
Denver

Why don't you just....
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: