Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:22:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL thread  (Read 123101 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #240 on: December 13, 2005, 06:44:33 PM »

I'm shocked at how few people post in this thread. Cmon people! More people talk about sports "entertainment" than talk about the greatest sport in the world! There must not be many americans at this forum.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #241 on: December 13, 2005, 11:14:45 PM »

what a disappointing eagles season. i have sold all my tix except for the last game vs. the skins. it's new year's day so i'm thinking i may get down there for one more crazy tailgate.

random thoughts/opinions on the NFL:

seahawks are frauds.

don't forget about the pats.

i'm not handing any titles to the colts yet - i've watched enough football in my life to know that any team can be stopped. it wouldn't surprise me at all if we see the annual dungy/manning choke job in january. 

the colts first playoff game could actually be against the pats (in indy of course).

shanahan is a great coach.

the whole NFC is pathetically weak. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #242 on: December 14, 2005, 02:01:22 AM »

Skins are back in the hunt.  I'm totally psyched for this Sunday's game against Dallas.  This is the biggest Redskins/Cowboys game in a while.  I've missed these kinda games.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #243 on: December 14, 2005, 08:45:56 AM »

I just started watching football this year. (I'm from Canada not the US though)

I'm rooting for the Pats cuz I've watched the playoffs the last couple years so the only team i've gotten to see really was the Pats, what an injury ridden year!! Brady is playing real good still though, with players coming back they might be dangerous again in the playoffs, especially if Dillon can stay healthy so they can switch up the running game and passing game. Their back feild still stinks though, they better fill the hole if they expect to contend vs Indy. thank god for a weak division Grin

I thought the Jags might actually pull it out last weekend but to no avail no looks like indy will be the second ever undefeated team, that would be a pretty cool record to see matched.

I had a chance to go see Denver@Buffalo this weekend but the deal fell through (none of my buddies could make it and i didn't want to go by myself Cry oh well, maybe next season, I hear tailgate parties are really fun to attend beer )

Philly actually played their best game in a while last weekend too, i was shocked Shocked next year they should do better though, with McNabb 100% and if they manage to trade T.O. instead of just buying him out (that prolly won't happen though)

Where does everyone think T.O. will go? I think Atlanta, Dallas or Denver

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #244 on: December 14, 2005, 05:02:13 PM »

You heard it right here from me...the Chargers will beat the Colts this week.  I think TO will wind up in Dallas.  He's Jerry Jones's type of player.  And if he starts any shit like he did in Philly, Bill Parcells'll just rip his head off.  I don't think you can count the Pats out.  They'll be in the playoffs, and they have the experience to win it all.  I wouldn't be shcoked if they wound up beating the Colts in the playoffs.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #245 on: December 14, 2005, 08:21:27 PM »

You heard it right here from me...the Chargers will beat the Colts this week.? I think TO will wind up in Dallas.? He's Jerry Jones's type of player.? And if he starts any shit like he did in Philly, Bill Parcells'll just rip his head off.? I don't think you can count the Pats out.? They'll be in the playoffs, and they have the experience to win it all.? I wouldn't be shcoked if they wound up beating the Colts in the playoffs.

i agree on all counts.

TO and keyshawn would be interesting. what do  you think TO will sign for? i hear people saying he won't get a good contract. maybe $1-$3M per year. but that's dangerous, cause if he accepts that, and then outperforms it, you know he's gonna cause problems.

and i don't know that you can give him incentives, cause the moment his QB throws alot of balls the other way, he'll cause problems.

i wonder if dallas will just offer him $6-$8M a season. it'll keep him happy and if he has his typical season, you get your money's worth.

TO in philly in a cowboys uniform....what a scene that would be. 

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2005, 02:21:33 AM »

I think TO's value has definitelt plummetted due to his behavior.  He'll wind up playing for a fraction of what he could've next season.  I think Dallas will sign him for one year, and he'll have a big year.  Then he'll get his big money contract and procede to get the whole city of Dallas to turn on him just like he did in Philly.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2005, 09:05:50 AM »

I think TO's value has definitelt plummetted due to his behavior.? He'll wind up playing for a fraction of what he could've next season.? I think Dallas will sign him for one year, and he'll have a big year.? Then he'll get his big money contract and procede to get the whole city of Dallas to turn on him just like he did in Philly.

yeah, you're probably right. the stupid thing is, he's gained nothing this year. in fact, he's essentially lost a year of his career, which doesn't have many years left as it is. this year he would have made $3M (ended up getting paid about $2M after the fines). if he had acted normal, he would have gotten paid a fortune next year. probably in the $10M a year range.

but now, NEXT year, he'll be in the position he was in THIS year - i.e. small one year contract, with the hope of having a good season and getting the payoff the following year.

unless he's gotten money from other sources, his agent F'd him big time.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2005, 03:34:41 PM »

To me TO is the biggest idiot of all-time.  After this past Superbowl he was a hero in Philly.  He came back from a devastating injury faster than anyone else who's ever had that injury in the NFL to have a big game on the biggest stage there is.  He could've been a god in Philly.  Then he went and turned on his QB and his coach for absolutely no good reason.  He divided the team and almost singlehandedly ruined their season.  All he had to do was shut up and he would've gotten his money, he could've stayed with the defening NFC champs, and he'd be one of the most popular guys in the league.  Now nobody wants him and its nobody's fault but his own.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2005, 07:49:17 PM »

Dont let the media slant u guys on TO

TO was right 100 percent.

Listen, they gave Bryan Westbrook a huge new deal and he isnt half the player TO is, Westbrook is like a third down back, slot WR, he cant run the ball *never has had a 1,000 yard season even*

Philly knew what they were getting with TO, they shouldve cut him,traded him or gave him his money in the offseason.

He signed that deal with Philly only to stop from goin to Baltimore.

Philly are notorious for not wanting to play their stars and this time it bit them in the ass.

Donovan McNabb is overrated, not a great QB and showed it after TO got suspended.

They shouldve gave TO a couple more million and they'd be sitting pretty right now on top of the nFC East.

TO was asked a question, he answered it honestly, Bret Favre is better than an Injured D McNabb, McNabb hurt his team by being a pussy and bein scared of getting surgery.

had he got the sports hernia surgery, he'd be healthy right now and they'd be in good shape.

TO got railroaded by Philly and I blame Philly more than I do TO.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2005, 08:34:23 PM »

It's just unfortunate how blown outta proportion it got, TO shoulda kept quiet though. he devided the team like Rob said, it doesn't matter how good or bad a player is (and McNabb is hardly mediocre) you just don't talk like that about your own teamates. Also saying shit about the guy's family. Secondly, I'm not sure how they handled it but Andy Reid and the front office shoulda got them to sort their shit out when the whole thing started, not wait till mid season to do something about it. It's like they thought if they ignored it, it would go away, well it didn't. And who is more important to the team? the QB or a WR? of course they are gonna disipline the WR especially when it was his comments that started all the shit. (and dug it up time and time again.) And TO makes plenty of money, and there is lots to go around in football, any pro sport for that matter. I don't see why he has to make the most, who gives a shit?! If i was playing pro sports i would like to think I'd want my team to win more than to be the highest paid player. I mean fuck they play a game for a living for fuck sakes, what is the big deal between $9mill and $11mill? fuck him

Both sides handled it very poorly IMO. And the media loves shit like that they just jumped all over it.

And Farve is obviously in the twilight of his carreer

2005 stats
McNabb - 9gp, 16tds, 278.6yds/g, 85.0qb rating & 6.1rush yds/g, 1 rush td
Favre - 13gp, 19tds, 243.2yds/g, 75.4qb rating & 4.8rush yds/g, 0 rush tds

by those stats it looks, to me anyway, like McNabb, even though involved in a huge controversy and with a very serious injury was still a better QB this year

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #251 on: December 16, 2005, 02:09:04 AM »

Good point with Westbrook there, D.  Although I do think you're short-changing his abilities, he did get a big extensions while TO did not.  However, TO is pretty unpredictable.  That definitely could've had a factor in the Eagles decision to not shell out the big bucks right away.  But if he would've kept his mouth shut and played this year he definitely would've got his payday next offseason.  I think Neemo's right.  Both sides fucked this one up.  The Eagles could've handled it better.  McNabb seems to take things said a little too personally.  And TO is just an idiot.  I think he should get the most blame, since he started this whole thing.  Bottom line, you don't call out your franchise QB and your head coach in public like that.  If you gotta problem you deal with it in-house.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #252 on: December 16, 2005, 08:16:36 AM »

i live in philly and i'm one of the few that supports TO as well. and my reasoning is that i know he's an asshole, brainless, selfish, etc.

so why even bother getting upset about ANYTHING that comes out of his mouth.

i know that may sound a little crazy, but they signed the deal with the devil. and you can't expect TO to be your typical "normal" player.

in additon, D is right. i fucking hate andy reid and the eagles management cause they don't like to pay players what they are worth. we still have $5M under the cap for this season that isn't gonna get spent. that's not smart, it's cheap.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #253 on: December 16, 2005, 10:30:09 AM »

in additon, D is right. i fucking hate andy reid and the eagles management cause they don't like to pay players what they are worth. we still have $5M under the cap for this season that isn't gonna get spent. that's not smart, it's cheap.

just cuz there is a cap doesn't mean you have to go right to the top of it. like i said he already make $9mill plus, what the fuck is the big deal? I'd be pretty freaking happy with that salary

sandman
Legend

« Reply #254 on: December 16, 2005, 02:46:54 PM »

just cuz there is a cap doesn't mean you have to go right to the top of it. like i said he already make $9mill plus, what the fuck is the big deal? I'd be pretty freaking happy with that salary

i couldn't disagree more. i pay alot of money for season tix. and the eagles are one of the most profitable sports organizations in the world. they owe it to their fan base to spend every penny of that money to try to put the best team on the field as possible.

the cap helps them make more money than they should. if there was no cap, they could spend WAY more on players and STILL make a ton of money.

we have $5M sitting there yet we let corey simon walk. AND got NOTHING in return for him. also, we refused to pay derrick burgess.....he goes to the raiders and has 13 sacks.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #255 on: December 16, 2005, 03:15:58 PM »

i couldn't disagree more. i pay alot of money for season tix. and the eagles are one of the most profitable sports organizations in the world. they owe it to their fan base to spend every penny of that money to try to put the best team on the field as possible.

the cap helps them make more money than they should. if there was no cap, they could spend WAY more on players and STILL make a ton of money.

we have $5M sitting there yet we let corey simon walk. AND got NOTHING in return for him. also, we refused to pay derrick burgess.....he goes to the raiders and has 13 sacks.

but what if something happens and they have a vital spot to fill? it's nice to have room to play with

i know they didn't use it this year but they have been probably considering it a lost season
for a while, with the $9mill freed up from TO they will surely make a big aquisition for next year ok
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 03:19:23 PM by Neemo » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #256 on: December 16, 2005, 09:47:59 PM »

The Colts remind me of the 1998-99 Minnesota Vikings. Everyone thought they were unstoppable, they went 15-1, and lost to the Falcons in the NFC Championship. The Vikings still haven't recovered from that season. I think the colts will go 16-0, but will lose to either the Patriots or Bengals in the playoffs.

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #257 on: December 16, 2005, 10:04:53 PM »

The Colts remind me of the 1998-99 Minnesota Vikings. Everyone thought they were unstoppable, they went 15-1, and lost to the Falcons in the NFC Championship. The Vikings still haven't recovered from that season. I think the colts will go 16-0, but will lose to either the Patriots or Bengals in the playoffs.

after watching the way the colts played against and demolished the pats, i have little faith for them should the two play again

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #258 on: December 16, 2005, 10:20:20 PM »

but what if something happens and they have a vital spot to fill? it's nice to have room to play with

i know they didn't use it this year but they have been probably considering it a lost season
for a while, with the $9mill freed up from TO they will surely make a big aquisition for next year ok

Yes it is nice to have room to play with.

But doing things this way has killed them this season.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #259 on: December 17, 2005, 05:55:47 AM »

T.O. should go to Chicago. Imagine how great that team would be if they added something to their offense.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: