Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL thread  (Read 123142 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #220 on: November 05, 2005, 07:25:07 AM »

I think its too early to tell with Marcus, but at this point he looks a lot like Mike Vick to me.

I think he seems to be more of a passer at this point. And a better passer then Mike. But your probably right that it's still early. I guess time will tell though.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #221 on: November 05, 2005, 02:31:44 PM »

He does appear to be a better passer than Mike.  That's not saying much, cause Mike Vick isn't a very good passer.  I think people are starting to realize that he really isn't that good of a quarterback.  When Matt Schaub comes in and you don't miss a beat, it kinda gets the fans thinking.  Mike Vick is an amazing athlete, and a great college quarterback.  As for being an NFL QB, its totally different.  You have to be able to drop back and throw the ball.  People always use the argument, "All he does is win."  But if you take a close look at the Falcons, its pretty clear why they win games...a great running game and a very good defense.  If Marcus can combine the athleticism of his brother with good passing skills, then he could be an all-time great.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #222 on: November 05, 2005, 04:01:36 PM »

tomorrow I will be watching my pitifull jets with old man vinny throwing lets say 2 ints... About 5 sacks to go with it.. maybe brooks will get some play time.. Oh and curtis martin will either have 60 yards rushing or 150 hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #223 on: November 05, 2005, 06:21:10 PM »

I cant believe the Jets turned to shit, they really messed up trading Santana Moss.

TO got suspended indefinitely by Philly.

I am a Cowboy fan so I find it hilarious what has happened to Philly.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2005, 06:22:54 AM »

I love it that the Eagles are falling apart. I hate T.O. and I've never liked McNabb.

I would absolutely love it if T.O. just disappeared completely away now and never played football again. beer yes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2005, 06:45:54 AM »

I cant believe the Jets turned to shit, they really messed up trading Santana Moss.

trading moss wasn't the problem, loosing lamont jordan was much worse.. Lookat curtis martin's rusing this year
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2005, 06:32:27 PM »

regarding the Jets, when you pull a 41 year old QB off the couch to be your starter what can you expect? Yes they were in a tough situation, but Vinny's best days are behind him. Maybe brooks will step up in the interim? I just hope Herm Edwards keeps his job  next year, hes a great coach with a real tough set of circumstances.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2005, 02:57:50 PM »

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail victory!
Braves on the warpath
Fight for 'ol DC!

Good bounce back win.  They looked so dreadful last week, and they came back strong in a huge game.  The Eagles passing game still looked good even without TO.  If they could run the ball at all they'd be ok.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2005, 05:33:14 PM »

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail victory!
Braves on the warpath
Fight for 'ol DC!

Good bounce back win.  They looked so dreadful last week, and they came back strong in a huge game.  The Eagles passing game still looked good even without TO.  If they could run the ball at all they'd be ok.

Too bad they couldn't beat the New York Giants last week. I want the Giants to go down so bad.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2005, 06:13:39 PM »

Most excrutiating Redskins lost I've had to sit through in quite a while.  Mike Alstott DID NOT get in on that 2 point conversion.  That being said, the defense was terrible and they truned the ball over a bunch of times.  They didn't deserve to win that game.  The schedule is a bit more forgiving down the stretch however.  They're not done...not by a longshot.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2005, 08:01:47 PM »

Most excrutiating Redskins lost I've had to sit through in quite a while.? Mike Alstott DID NOT get in on that 2 point conversion.? That being said, the defense was terrible and they truned the ball over a bunch of times.? They didn't deserve to win that game.? The schedule is a bit more forgiving down the stretch however.? They're not done...not by a longshot.

redskins looked good vs. TB. gotta give them credit. that was a great game. the turnovers killed them. but their offense moved the ball consistently.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2005, 08:09:08 PM »

Yeah, the offense looks real good.  The defense was supposedly the strength of the team, but it looks real bad.  Tampa isn't a very good offensive team, and they moved the ball real well and put up a bunch of points on us.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2005, 08:42:36 PM »

The past couple of weeks both Jon Gruden and Dick Vermeil chose to go for the win instead of the tie. Both guttsy moves but both paid off for them in the end with a win. In the past, majority of times it was pretty much guaranteed coaches would go for the tie and go into overtiime.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2005, 09:42:22 PM »

I personally go for the tie there.  Especially at home, and Tampa would've had all the momentum going into OT.  But hey, it worked for them.  Imagine if it didn't though, Gruden would be getting slaughtered all over Florida sports talk radio.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #234 on: November 15, 2005, 09:31:19 AM »

Pretty crazy comeback for the Cowboys last night!!!

McNabb is Fucked, he's in alot of pain out there. At least he tries to stay in the play, rand for quite a few yards amd sacrificed himself to tackle Roy Williams after the interception. I'm sure Andy reid would've rather him not have done that though.

McNabb looked pretty good last night to. I wonder if he'll play next week

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2005, 03:55:19 AM »

Looks like it'll be McMahon for the Eagles next week.  What a horrible play call by Andy Reid on that interception.  The running game was finally working for Philly, and instead of protecting the lead they run a pass to the flat.  They were asking to lose with a play like that.  Perfect example of what you don't do in that situation.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2005, 04:08:59 AM »

I just wonder why they didnt run all season?

The Tampa Bay play was bullshit, I hate Washington cause I am a lifelong Dallas Cowboy fan but still, Alstott was not in on that 2pt conversion.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2005, 04:16:10 PM »

I agree, he didn't get in.  There were a couple iffy calls that went both ways, but Tampa got most of them to go their way.  I'm really looking forward to this next game.  Oakland's coming to Washington.  Its Norv Turner's first game back as an opposing head coach.  Its definitely a must win, and sticking it to Norv will be sweet.  He had some very talented teams during his time with the Redskins, and he could never get it done.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #238 on: November 17, 2005, 01:35:56 AM »

I have a gut feeling that Philly will be better without Donovan McNabb.

Over on my sports forum I post on, I have picked Minnesota two weeks in a row cause I felt with Culpepper out, they would play better with Johnson because Culpepper with his 12 picks killed them.

johnson is more conservative, they force Tice to run the ball more with their great running backs and offensive line, and they've been more successful.

Same here, Mcmahon is healthy, he has a strong arm and he can run. He will play conservative, they will run the ball and let their D win games.

McNabb was about 80 percent and was getting Philly beat with his poor decisions.

he lost them the Washington game and they Cowboy game.

So look for Philly to win some games, I pray they beat the Giants Sunday,t hat way my Cowboys will have sole possession of first place.

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #239 on: December 08, 2005, 02:47:06 PM »

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail victory!
Braves on the warpath
Fight for 'ol DC!

Good bounce back win.? They looked so dreadful last week, and they came back strong in a huge game.? The Eagles passing game still looked good even without TO.? If they could run the ball at all they'd be ok.

Too bad they couldn't beat the New York Giants last week. I want the Giants to go down so bad.

Too bad, Drew!  Giants are #1 in their division after beating Dallas last week!  Grin beer

Why don't you just....
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: