Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:25:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL thread  (Read 122986 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #260 on: December 17, 2005, 05:57:59 AM »

The thing I agree with TO is, he busted his ass last year to help them win games, so once he gets hurt, his teammates casted the first stone by goin on ESPN and other shows and saying how basically they won without TO and didnt need him to win now.

That is a low blow on TO who did nothing but play great football, didnt cause any problems or anything and they are gonna act like they dont need him to win.

that hurt TO's feelings and rightfully so.

he rehabbed his ass off to play in the superbowl, kicked ass in the superbowl and it was D MCNabb not To who got sick or tired or just choked in the 4th quarter of the SB.

I dont blame TO much cause what Sandman was sayin;

Philly knew what they were getting and once he was unhappy and started bitchin bout his contract, they shouldve redid it, or traded him then.

Another thing, why should TO honor a contract when NFL teams can cut a player any time they feel like it.

NFL doesnt have guaranteed contracts.

Drew Rosenhaus said on TV that if Philly guaranteed TO's current contract he'd shut up, but guess what? Philly wouldnt cause they planned to keep TO for bout 2 more years and then when his BIG money was to kick in, they wouldve then Cut his ass.

U are tellin me that is fair?

Hell NO!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #261 on: December 17, 2005, 10:22:30 AM »

D - i'm glad i've found someone that agrees with me on this thing. cause among my friends here in philly, i'm on my own on this one.

the eagles actually told runyan he had to take a pay cut this year. he loves it so much in philly that he agreed to it.

also, TO was due a $5M roster bonus this coming march, plus about $5M in salary next season for a total of $10M in 2006. most sports writers/fans in philly agreed that based on how the eagles operate, they were gonna cut him after this season regardless of how well he played.

and on top of all this, he put his career on the line in the SB. worked his ass off to get back and played against all doctor's orders. and he was the best player on the field that day.

AND D is right about mcnabb's comments once owens got hurt. he said we don't need TO to win it all cause we're a great TEAM. ok, fair point, and that is the approach you want to take. but you're dealing with a total head case!!! give the guy his props and clarify clearly that it will be much more difficult without him.

i'll take it a step further and say that mcnabb was jealous of TO last year and that's why he said those things. mcnabb was the man until owens got here. i can't stand mcnabb....he's a "mama's boy". and he's not a leader.

mcnabb's history in big games:

- nfc championship vs. rams - down 5, with 2 minutes left at the 50 yard line - interception
- nfc championship vs. bucs - down 10, inside the 10 - interception
- nfc championship vs. panthers - 3 INTs - never in the game
- super bowl - 3 INTS, including one in the end zone in the first half when they could have taken control of the game
- 2005 season - literally handed a W to the cowboys with an INT; and threw an INT to end the washington game

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #262 on: December 17, 2005, 04:48:08 PM »

How bad do the Bucs suck this week?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #263 on: December 18, 2005, 03:33:15 AM »

Pretty damn bad.  The Pats are starting to look like their old selves again.  They're getting a lot of their injured players back, and Brady's been amazing.  I don't care what the Colts say, they do not want to see the Pats come playoff time.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #264 on: December 18, 2005, 08:22:06 PM »

good call on the Chargers/Colts game Rob!! ok I should've listened to you for my sports betting Sad oh well it was only $2

Pats did look pretty good, and i can't believe they help the bucs pointless, their 'D' should get a boost from that Cheesy

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #265 on: December 18, 2005, 10:08:52 PM »

? The Pats are starting to look like their old selves again.? They're getting a lot of their injured players back, and Brady's been amazing.? I don't care what the Colts say, they do not want to see the Pats come playoff time.
Good point. I can easily see them beating the Colts in the playoffs. The Bengals might even be able to upset them. And if the Colts have to play the Steelers in their first playoff game,than Colts fans will be nervous. That matchup just reeks of an upset.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #266 on: December 19, 2005, 12:30:15 AM »

I think the Bears can not only win the NFC, I think they can win the SB.

Putting Rex Grossman in was a great move, one I questioned but it paid off very very well.

I hope no sports media people start puttin the Colts down.

They were playin for nothing, SD were playin for their playoff lives.

Indy are still the team to beat.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #267 on: December 19, 2005, 12:44:43 AM »

I think the Bears can not only win the NFC, I think they can win the SB.
I agree 100%. They are very similar to Carolina from a couple years ago, but might actually win it all. They are the most dangerous team heading into the playoffs. I feel sorry for whoever has to play them.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #268 on: December 19, 2005, 01:40:49 AM »

Man, everything really fell into place for my Skins this week.  First they totally dominate the Cowboys.  And to add to that both the Vikings and Falcons lose meaning the Redskins now control their own destiny.  If they win their last two they're in.  That Bears D is brutal.  Anyone who has to come to Soldier Field in January is gonna have to do something amazing to put some points up on the Bears.  If Grossman can get that offense going, like you guys said, they're gonna be extremely tough to beat.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #269 on: December 19, 2005, 02:19:45 AM »

? That Bears D is brutal.? Anyone who has to come to Soldier Field in January is gonna have to do something amazing to put some points up on the Bears.? If Grossman can get that offense going, like you guys said, they're gonna be extremely tough to beat.
I think they can win without their offense improving. Their defense is allowing like 9 or 10 points a game. You dont need much offense when your defense is that consistent. If you only allow an opponent to score 10 points, you only need 4 field goals to win. All the bears have to do is keep playing the same. A Colts-Bears Superbowl would kick ass! But I'm starting to think the Colts are like they are every other year. Do good until it really counts. It would also be cool to see a Pats-Bears Superbowl. Rematch of Superbowl 20. beer

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #270 on: December 23, 2005, 11:58:39 AM »

Here are my picks this week. Whaddeya think.

Buf @ Cin - Cin
Pit @ Cle - Pit
SD @ KC - KC Huh
Ten @ Mia - Mia
Jax @ Hou - Jax
Det @ NO - NO
Dal @ Car - Car Huh
NYG @ Wsh - NYG Huh
Atl @ TB - TB Huh
SF @ StL - StL
Phi @ Ari - Phi Huh
Ind @ Sea - Sea (So sad about Tony Dungy's kid Cry )
Oak @ Den - Den
Chi @ GB - Chi
Min @ Bal - Min Huh
NE @ NYJ - NE

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #271 on: December 24, 2005, 09:01:24 PM »

Giants lost!   crying

Atleast the Steelers won!  Cheesy

Why don't you just....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #272 on: December 25, 2005, 02:52:45 AM »

My Cowboys are still alive

To get into the playoffs we have to beat St Louis and have either Philly beat Washington or Atlanta beat Carolina

it would also help if Chicago beats minnesota.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #273 on: December 25, 2005, 05:30:57 PM »

it would also help if Chicago beats minnesota.
There is a 100% chance of that happening. ok

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #274 on: December 26, 2005, 12:52:49 AM »

Baltimore pulled the upset, Minnesota are GONE!!

Dallas get into the playoffs by beating St Louis and we have to have Either:

Philly beat Washington
Atlanta beat Carolina
New Orleans beat Tampa Bay

We gotta shot.

Im gonna be nervous next week!! nervous

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #275 on: December 26, 2005, 08:01:56 PM »

Baltimore pulled the upset, Minnesota are GONE!!

Dallas get into the playoffs by beating St Louis and we have to have Either:

Philly beat Washington
Atlanta beat Carolina
New Orleans beat Tampa Bay

We gotta shot.

Im gonna be nervous next week!! nervous
I really dont see Dallas getting into the playoffs. There's a small chance since Brunell is hurt, and Ramsey might start against Philly. But Philly is horrible. I think I could start in place of Brunell and the Skins would beat Philly. Something else that sucks is Seattle getting home field advantage. I was hoping the Bears would get it. Hopefully, Seattle will get upset in their first playoff game, and then the road to the Superbowl goes through Chicago. But I think the Bears are unbeatable regardless of where they play. They now have a passing game, which now makes them the most dangerous team in the league. Anyone else picking the Bears to win it all?

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #276 on: December 27, 2005, 01:35:03 PM »

Nice to see Vinny go out in style on the last MNF game.

"Vinny Testaverde became the first player in NFL history to throw at least one touchdown pass in 19 straight seasons when he tossed a late score to Laveranues Coles."

A small bright spot to an otherwise horrible Jets season.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #277 on: December 27, 2005, 02:51:35 PM »

the nfc is pathetic. no matter who plays in the SB, the afc will be double digit favorites. and i think the afc will win big.

depending on the matchups, i could see both the bears and seahawks losing in the playoffs.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #278 on: December 27, 2005, 04:46:30 PM »

the nfc is pathetic. no matter who plays in the SB, the afc will be double digit favorites. and i think the afc will win big.

depending on the matchups, i could see both the bears and seahawks losing in the playoffs.
You're right about the seahawks, but wrong about the Bears.  NFC pathetic?? confused I cant wait to see the Colts try to score more than 10 points against the Bears.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #279 on: December 27, 2005, 04:58:02 PM »

I still think the Colts are the team to beat, despite the stuff they've had to go through the last couple weeks.  I think the NFC is wide open.  I agree that the AFC will win the Superbowl.  I think the Colts, Pats, Bengals, or Broncos would handle anyone out of the NFC.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: