Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:11:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL thread  (Read 122960 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2005, 07:39:01 PM »

1000 posts timothy! ok ok ok

i thought the Pats for the first time to turned into a no class team when they were mocking the eagles with the bird flaps

NE were suppose to be classy and the only team to not do stuff like that

what they did made them no better than TO and the other self promoters

i was disappointed in their cockiness which was very uncharacteristic of NE.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2005, 08:13:45 PM »

Thanks D  Grin

I would also like to thank my parents for not use a rubber on that fateful night that I was conceived. 

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2005, 10:23:26 PM »

1000 posts timothy! ok ok ok

i thought the Pats for the first time to turned into a no class team when they were mocking the eagles with the bird flaps

NE were suppose to be classy and the only team to not do stuff like that

what they did made them no better than TO and the other self promoters

i was disappointed in their cockiness which was very uncharacteristic of NE.

I myself was disgusted by that "Dirty Bird" taunt
but in their defense, I think they get sick of hearing everygame and every year about the other team. Sure they were favored in the game, but all talk was about TO and McNabb leading into the game. Much like it was going into the Indy game.... I think they like to stress durring the game that they should be the ones payed attention to.

McNabb had no time at all.  Brady had all the time in the world to look around and decide what to do and he still made mistakes.  When McNabb was given some time, he made beautiful plays - like the pass for the last Philly TD.

1st when he threw that last touchdown pass there was only one starting DB on the field, they were down to a rookie CB a rookie Safety a second year CB and Harrison. Had Eugene Wilson not broken his arm that pass is broken up.

What mistakes did Brady make?? The only thing I saw was a fumble caused by his own running back.I must have missed the three interceptions that he threw..... oh wait that was McNabb.
jgfnsr
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2005, 10:29:06 PM »

All in all, it was definitely a good game.

Not lop-sided and boring.

Congrats to the Patriots and their NFL dynasty.

But I don't think we've seen the last of the Eagles in the Superbowl either...
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2005, 03:12:16 AM »

you guys shouldnt bash mcnabb so much, he had to throw 51 times cuz they couldnt run the ball. he had a few bad throws but when you throw it that many times its gonna happen. also dont forget the patriots are one of the best defesnive teams in the nfl, they held the colts to 3 points. mcnabb had over 300 yds passing against a top D without a runing game. thats not so bad. im not gonna get into a huge thing here about defending mcnabb after my team just won the super bowl, but thats just how i see it.

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2005, 02:40:02 AM »

anybody know any good sites to buy nfl replica jerseys off.i have about 9 different teams now and i want to collect them all.as i am from wales uk its hard to get hold of em over here.cheers..

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2005, 05:25:44 PM »

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been ressurected yet.  How bout some early Superbowl picks?  I've got Colts over Panthers.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2005, 05:36:23 PM »

I'm picking the Browns over the Eagles.

OK, no, seriously.  I love the Browns, but they won't be a playoff team for at least a couple of years.  Colts are a great team, but Manning has choked when it counts most.  If TO can shut the hell up and play the game, look for the Eagles out of the NFC.  As for the AFC, I hate them, but I'll pick the Steelers in an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2005, 05:53:08 PM »

I think there's too many question marks with the Eagles.  TO is unhappy, the running game is very questionable.  And the pressure is gonna be so intense on McNabb to get back.  It's gonna be real tough for them.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2005, 07:34:24 PM »

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been ressurected yet.? How bout some early Superbowl picks?? I've got Colts over Panthers.

The Colts and Panthers sounds good, but I'll take the Panthers. ok

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2005, 07:51:27 PM »

The Colts over The Eagles.

I think it's the year Manning finaly doesn't chock.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2005, 08:43:52 PM »

The Colts over The Eagles.

I think it's the year Manning finaly doesn't chock.

The media is gonna be going ape shit over this TO situation. Guaranteed. And especially if he remains quiet. ESPN will be dedicating serious air time to it, no matter what he does. It's going to be very hard for the Eagles to focus on the Eagles.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2005, 11:19:19 PM »

Am I the only person in the world who supports TO on this one?

i see exactly where he is coming from and I think he is 100 percent in the right.

Superbowl will be Baltimore vs Atlanta

sandman
Legend

« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2005, 08:23:19 PM »

Am I the only person in the world who supports TO on this one?

i see exactly where he is coming from and I think he is 100 percent in the right.

Superbowl will be Baltimore vs Atlanta

i agree with you on TO. i am a die hard eagles fan, and i must say that i am in the minority. most polls favor eagles management by about 3 or 4 to 1.

TO is arguably the best receiver in the NFL. so to have the best receiver on your team, you have to pay for it. it's not like this is a no win situation for the eagles. if they just give him some more $$, we keep one of the best players on the team.

the eagles reduce salaries and cut players under contrat all the time. so TO has some bargaining power now. they should just deal with it.

i believe the eagles have planned to cut him after this season all along because he gets a $5M roster bonus in march with a $4M salary next year. so it's about $9M for the third year.....no matter what had happened this year, they were gonna cut him in february.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #174 on: August 13, 2005, 09:51:31 AM »

Didn't TO agree to the contract that he signed? If not, then why did he sign it? If he did, shouldn't he stick to his word?

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #175 on: August 13, 2005, 04:03:13 PM »

I don't support TO because he has handled this extremely poorly.  If he would have done this behind closed doors asking for more money than I wouldn't have much of a problem.  But all offseason he's been calling out and berating people on his team...even McNabb.  How could he say anything negative about McNabb?  That's not how you go about this.  That being said...without TO the Eagles will not have much of an offense this year.  Don't forget, no Freddie Mitchel and no Todd Pinkston means McNabb won't have anyone to throw to who has much NFL experience.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2005, 04:17:59 PM »

The Eagles got thru the playoffs without TO. I think TO thinks he is worth more than he actually is.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2005, 12:40:08 AM »

The Eagles got thru the playoffs without TO. I think TO thinks he is worth more than he actually is.

Yeah, but like I said...last year they had Freddie Mitchel and Todd Pinkston to pick up some of the slack.  Both those guys are gone.  As of right now the Eagles' top 2 active receivers are Greg Lewis and Reggie Brown.  You're not going to the Superbowl with those two as your top receivers.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2005, 06:54:27 AM »

Philly have zero WR's outside of TO and Brian Westbrook isnt a conventional RB that can be a workhorse and carry 25 times a game.

without TO Defenses can play 7 man fronts and totally destroy any kind of run game cause there are no deep threats on Philly without TO.

NFC was pretty weak a year ago but will be much stronger this season

Minnesota are legit contenders as they have really improved their Defense.
Atlanta will be great, Carolina will be back, expect good seasons from Dallas,NY Giants, Seattle,Green Bay always have a shot, Detroit are improved, Washington will be better, Tampa Bay will be better.

not an easy road for Philly.

TO signed the contract but Philly had all the bargaining chips

TO was bout to get shipped to Baltimore and have to catch balls from Kyle Boller, so to avoid going to WR hell, he jumped at whatever philly was offering just to get as far away from Kyle Boller as possible.

with TO Mcnabb had career highs in completion percentage and TDs thrown so TO made a huge difference in McNabb whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

Philly Needs TO. they better work it out.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #179 on: August 15, 2005, 02:38:37 AM »

Philly does need TO to win a Superbowl, but after you publicly berate your coach and quarterback I'm not sure if you can work it out.  I think this has gona past being able to work it out.  I would not be surprised if we've seen TO play his last game as an Eagle.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: