Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:08:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL thread  (Read 115805 times)
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2005, 02:05:32 PM »

What the hell?

I could have sworn Drew said he was rooting for the Eagles!

Well don't I look like a complete ass.? Embarrassed

The Dude will now go stand in the corner with his nose to the wall...

hihi  No problem.  I'm sure you were just shocked that you were agreeing with a chick in the sports section!  Tongue

I'm going to have to agree with you now...  I don't want to see NE win even though they are favored no...I'm for Philly all the way!  Go Donovan!!  Didn't I hear that Owens is going to play?

Why don't you just....
jgfnsr
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2005, 02:10:57 PM »

I'm going to have to agree with you now...? I don't want to see NE win even though they are favored no...I'm for Philly all the way!? Go Donovan!!? Didn't I hear that Owens is going to play?

The Eagles have been saying that Owens playing is a "possibility."

You could tell during the Atlanta game that T.O. really wanted to get back out on the field.  And I'm sure that desire is even greater now that Philly is in the Superbowl.

Bottom line, however, the guy still has a bum leg right now.  So even if he does play, how big of a factor can he be?

Especially against a defense like New England's?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2005, 03:17:10 PM »

I hate to sound like a "homer", but I have to.

I just don't see how Philly can even hope to keep this game close. Sure "On any given sunday any team can win", but the Patriots have proven that the can stop the top Passing Offense in football, they can stop a top three rushing offense, as well as put up 40+ points on one of the best defenses in the game. What does Philly bring to the table that Indy and Pittsburgh didn't? Nothing, infact I think they are going to be far to distracted by the TO circus leading up to the game, not to mention the pressure of them finally making it out of the NFC championship game. What happens if they go back to Philly without the Lombardi Trophy....?

That is a pretty large cloud to play under.

In my estimation all New England has to do is shut down Westbrook (which Belichick has two weeks to put that game plan together) and the Eagles will be left running in place watching the Patriots score climb on the scoreboard.

The cap to the Patriots 3 title Dynasty will be a blowout of historical Proportions. Much like 49ers-Broncos  Cowboys-Bills  Bears-Pats.

I think this game might get so out of hand that Donovans Mother might want to re-think handing out Chunky Soup on the Sidelines, because Rodney Harrison might run out of Eagles to layout on the field......... and she looks like a pretty good target

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2005, 03:53:33 PM »

I'm going to have to agree with you now...? I don't want to see NE win even though they are favored no...I'm for Philly all the way!? Go Donovan!!? Didn't I hear that Owens is going to play?

Bottom line, however, the guy still has a bum leg right now.? So even if he does play, how big of a factor can he be?

His leg looked fine last week as he jumped up and down on the bench throughout the game. ?Tongue

I'm looking forward to a great game though - hopefully not a blow out either way. ?beer ?<------- I'm going for the beer. ?Tongue hihi

Good one on the Chunky Soup, COma!  rofl  I hope Donovan doesn't get crushed.

Why don't you just....
jgfnsr
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2005, 01:56:38 AM »

His leg looked fine last week as he jumped up and down on the bench throughout the game. ?Tongue

I guess it depends on what your definition of "fine" is.

Yeah Owens' leg is fine enough to jump up and down on, waiving a towel from the sidelines.  But that is a far cry from playing full on, full contact, Superbowl-level of play football against the best team in the NFL.

I hope he is able to play, but even if he does, I expect they'll use him sparingly.  Philly will need whatever Owens can do, and a lot more, to at least make it a game and not get absolutely slaughtered.
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2005, 03:06:08 AM »

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
jgfnsr
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2005, 08:34:39 PM »

Sorry, but I'll be rooting against these guys on Sunday...

Both teams "deserve" to win but I think it's Philly's turn.

(Granted it would be a fairly big upset)
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2005, 03:11:53 AM »

you and everyone thats not a pats, cowboys or giants fan. when i was a pats fan as a kid i was laughed at cuz they were the doormat of the nfl, now everyone hates me cuz they are so good

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2005, 08:44:56 AM »

I'm a giants and steelers fan, but I'm rooting for Philly too!  ok

Why don't you just....
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2005, 01:39:25 PM »

I love the logic that both teams deserve to win.... but Philly should get to win one......

If Philly was good they would have won one by now.

They get blown up because they play in a depleted NFC and happen to have the best regular season record over the last four years (because they play in a depleted NFC)

New England just managed to THUMP two of the top three teams in the NFL (New England being the third) in consecutive weeks, while Philly managed to beat two very one dementional  Dome teams outside at Phillly (just opened up myself to hear about the unfair advantage New England has had against Indy).

A little Stat for you:

The AFC's playoff-bound teams were 21-3 against NFC opponents. The NFC's postseason teams had an 11-13 record against AFC teams.  (USAToday.com)

gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2005, 06:53:35 PM »

also when the smoked pitt half the team had the flu, brady had a temp of 103 and needed an IV after the game. the patriots have more heart than anyone comes close to

jgfnsr
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2005, 11:15:34 PM »

I love the logic that both teams deserve to win.... but Philly should get to win one......

If Philly was good they would have won one by now.

They get blown up because they play in a depleted NFC and happen to have the best regular season record over the last four years (because they play in a depleted NFC)

New England just managed to THUMP two of the top three teams in the NFL (New England being the third) in consecutive weeks, while Philly managed to beat two very one dementional? Dome teams outside at Phillly (just opened up myself to hear about the unfair advantage New England has had against Indy).

A little Stat for you:

The AFC's playoff-bound teams were 21-3 against NFC opponents. The NFC's postseason teams had an 11-13 record against AFC teams.? (USAToday.com)

Oh I readily admit my reasons for wanting the Eagles to win are a tad...illogical. 

Your point is that technically speaking, bottom line, at the end of the day, etc. the best team should win right?

Well it's obvious the "best" team in the NFL right now is the Patriots.  Which is why they are the favorite. 

But being as I'm not a fan of either team, it's easier for me to pick and choose.  (I'm a *cough* 49'ers fan  Embarrassed Lips Sealed Cry)

And I choose to root for Philly... peace
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2005, 09:24:40 AM »

Oh I readily admit my reasons for wanting the Eagles to win are a tad...illogical.?

Your point is that technically speaking, bottom line, at the end of the day, etc. the best team should win right?

Well it's obvious the "best" team in the NFL right now is the Patriots.? Which is why they are the favorite.?

But being as I'm not a fan of either team, it's easier for me to pick and choose.? (I'm a *cough* 49'ers fan? Embarrassed Lips Sealed Cry)

I guess that's how you chose your name.  Tongue hihi

You are absolutely right.  If everyone rooted for the best team technically speaking, what fun would it be?  Kinda like when the Cowboys were on top and suddenly everyone was a Cowboy fan.  Roll Eyes

I also choose to root for Philly - it's awesome when the underdog wins!  ok

Why don't you just....
jgfnsr
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2005, 06:27:31 PM »

Oh I readily admit my reasons for wanting the Eagles to win are a tad...illogical.?

Well it's obvious the "best" team in the NFL right now is the Patriots.? Which is why they are the favorite.?

But being as I'm not a fan of either team, it's easier for me to pick and choose.? (I'm a *cough* 49'ers fan? Embarrassed Lips Sealed Cry)

I guess that's how you chose your name.? Tongue hihi

You are absolutely right.? If everyone rooted for the best team technically speaking, what fun would it be?? Kinda like when the Cowboys were on top and suddenly everyone was a Cowboy fan.? Roll Eyes

I also choose to root for Philly - it's awesome when the underdog wins!? ok

Yeah, it's just sports (I can't believe I really said that? confused) but one of my personal pet-peeves is when someone just picks their favorite team "out of the air."? ?no

For example, I've got a buddy who's favorite NFL team is the Carolina Panthers.? Why?? Beats the hell outa me.? He's never lived in Carolina, he'll never go to Carolina, he doesn't know anyone there, and he lives 2,500 miles away!? "Well, I like their colors" he says.? What a woman.? Roll Eyes

Then I've got a couple of step-brothers who are Minnesota fans.? All of the same things listed above apply to them.? Why do they like them?? One of 'em had a Vikings shirt when he was ten or so.? And now they are fans for life!? Tongue

I live in a state where there is no pro-football team so we have to have a little "flexibility" here.? But hell, at least have some decent reasons why you root for whoever you do.? And you damn well better stay loyal.? No hopping from this team to that team, from one bandwagon to the other, depending on whoever happens to be hot that year.? rant

I've got my own reasons for being a San Francisco 49'ers fan, and I remain a 49'ers fan, even though their glory days are currently a thing of the past and they ended on an absolutely pathetic 2-12 record.? ?Cry  Personally I think it's a sign of the Apocalypse but that's another story.

On a side note, the two teams that I absolutely CANNOT stand are the Dallas Cowboys and the Oakland Raiders.? Every season I pray that the whole Dallas franchise will be wiped out in a plane crash.? And Raiders fans?? While I know Axl might be one, don't even get me started on the rest of 'em...?? Lips Sealed

« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 06:30:11 PM by Illogical Phallus » Logged
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2005, 09:48:51 AM »

Yeah, it's just sports (I can't believe I really said that? confused) but one of my personal pet-peeves is when someone just picks their favorite team "out of the air."? ?no

For example, I've got a buddy who's favorite NFL team is the Carolina Panthers.? Why?? Beats the hell outa me.? He's never lived in Carolina, he'll never go to Carolina, he doesn't know anyone there, and he lives 2,500 miles away!? "Well, I like their colors" he says.? What a woman.? Roll Eyes
Hey, watch in on that comment!  Angry  I don't like teams for their colors.  Roll Eyes

I never understood why people like teams that are far away from them either.  Undecided  I used to live near Pittsburgh and now I live in NY thus my reason for being a steelers and Giants fan.  Yes, I said Giants.  Their day will come!  ok

Then I've got a couple of step-brothers who are Minnesota fans.? All of the same things listed above apply to them.? Why do they like them?? One of 'em had a Vikings shirt when he was ten or so.? And now they are fans for life!? Tongue

I live in a state where there is no pro-football team so we have to have a little "flexibility" here.? But hell, at least have some decent reasons why you root for whoever you do.? And you damn well better stay loyal.? No hopping from this team to that team, from one bandwagon to the other, depending on whoever happens to be hot that year.? rant

I've got my own reasons for being a San Francisco 49'ers fan, and I remain a 49'ers fan, even though their glory days are currently a thing of the past and they ended on an absolutely pathetic 2-12 record.? ?Cry? Personally I think it's a sign of the Apocalypse but that's another story.

On a side note, the two teams that I absolutely CANNOT stand are the Dallas Cowboys and the Oakland Raiders.? Every season I pray that the whole Dallas franchise will be wiped out in a plane crash.? And Raiders fans?? While I know Axl might be one, don't even get me started on the rest of 'em...?? Lips Sealed

I absolute HATE the Cowboys too and I always root for whoever is playing them!  yes

Why don't you just....
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2005, 03:48:58 AM »

Super Bowl XXXIX Pick:

Patriots 27 Eagles 20

MVP: Brady

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2005, 09:57:39 PM »

Patriots: 38

Eagles: 10

MVP: Tedy Bruschi
jgfnsr
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2005, 10:31:28 PM »

Eagles: 24

Patriots: 20

MVP: Donovan McNabb
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2005, 01:23:45 AM »

some things u patriot fans are overlooking

NE hasnt played a QB like Donovan Mcnabb
second Westbrook was hurt last year which is why Philly lost to carolina

Philadelphia has a defense that will be able to get to Brady

they have the Defensive backs to shut down the receivers

Pitt has a good Defense but Roethlisberger lost that game by throwing those picks.

Mcnabb is a 10 time better QB than Roethlisberger.

when they do all that help coverage and sit back in there zones, Mcnabb will burn them with his feet

reason they beat Indy was cause they made Manning turn into a mobile QB, manning sucks on the run

they would drop 7 to 8 sometimes 9 in coverage on roethlisberger and he made poor decisions

MCnabb, if they drop that many in coverage will run for over a 100 yards.

the philly D will be the toughest NE has faced *yes even tougher than pittsburghs cause philly has the Defensive backs that pitt dont have.

close game philly wins 19-13

watch and see!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
journey
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2005, 02:56:48 AM »

I think the Eagles will win 57 - 29
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: