Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:54:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70840 times)
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #340 on: April 12, 2007, 01:33:16 AM »

What if GnR started putting out albumns and didn't tour. Would people turn around and bitch because their not touring?

I wouldn't mind finding out!!!  Hopefully the 70 dates that were referred to are this year and not last years!  I wouldn't be suprised if there could've been a miscommunication there, but hopefully not.  Oh and can we all agree that we want tours and a cd? I mean there's no point in doing one w/out the other.  There ticket sales weren't overly impressive in the US last year, but I guarantee they would be sell outs with an album release.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #341 on: April 12, 2007, 02:01:56 AM »

Hopefully the 70 dates that were referred to are this year and not last years!  I wouldn't be suprised if there could've been a miscommunication there, but hopefully not.

Why would the promoter for the Australian tour be referring to last years dates? 

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #342 on: April 12, 2007, 02:25:56 AM »

I need an album before I spend anymore hard earned money on going to any high dollar concerts...but I was able to catch the band twice last year in Vegas and San Burnadino.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #343 on: April 12, 2007, 02:50:43 AM »

I'm going to TRY and go along with this 70 dates thing.  I'm happy GN'R are active, but we all know some of these dates will be cancelled/postponed.  I just want them to complete the dates they have now, then worry about the "70" dates thing.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #344 on: April 12, 2007, 05:17:55 AM »

if the 70 dates thing is true.................where do they fit in the time for promotion/video/interviews etc etc for the album?

i mean they definetly wont be doing 70 dates if the album is not out!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Death Cube K
« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2007, 05:30:41 AM »

There better be 1 CD to go along with those 70 tour dates. Jarmo I think the fans have the right to demand "Chinese Democracy" at this point. I bought a ticket to one of the shows last year based on Merck's promise that "Chinese Democracy" would be out on one of the thirteen tuesdays remaining in 2006. I was directly lied to and would have never gone to the show if I knew that "Chinese Democracy" wasn't coming out. Maybe you should read the story about the boy who cried wolf and you would realize why some people think this band is full of shit.

Whaaaaaa!!!  crying crying crying

The world doesnt like me!! Im being lied to!!! Please daddy Axl dont lie!!! Whaaaa!!!  crying
badapple81
« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2007, 05:49:52 AM »

I love how people complain about it not being a 'real band'.. 'it's an Axl solo project and the other guys aren't really members'.. yet when Tommy steps to the front so speak, you demand to hear from Axl only  Roll Eyes
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2007, 06:01:58 AM »

Would imagine if they're doing 70 dates that means that this year they are planning to go back to Europe or the states for another tour. Hopefully an actual album tour too.

Good good!
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2007, 08:59:46 AM »

What if GnR started putting out albumns and didn't tour.? Would people turn around and bitch because their not touring?? there is just no satisfying some people.? I like GnR because I love their songs and I love seeing Axl live.? I was glad I got a chance to see them last year.? I don't need a new albumn to want to see GnR live (of course it would be a bonus though)? I'm not sure how chances there will be to see them in the future. I say take advantage of the opportunity

Cheers

At this point I would rather have them put out albums.  I have seen the new band 3 times I would rather have a cd to listen to now.   I would love both but if it was one or the other I would rather have the cd.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #349 on: April 12, 2007, 11:14:36 AM »

if the 70 dates thing is true.................where do they fit in the time for promotion/video/interviews etc etc for the album?

i mean they definetly wont be doing 70 dates if the album is not out!

That's what I'm hoping too. Another tour without a CD is not gonna win the band a lot of new fans; a new tour with a CD for people to buy after they hear the shows live certainly would win the band some new fans.

Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #350 on: April 12, 2007, 01:07:32 PM »

To those of you who say they shouldn't tour anymore before CD is out because you have already seen them, could you be anymore selfish?

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
SLCPUNK
« Reply #351 on: April 12, 2007, 01:10:35 PM »

To those of you who say they shouldn't tour anymore before CD is out because you have already seen them, could you be anymore selfish?

Can you post anything without trying to instigate a negative response? Is it possible?   Roll Eyes
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #352 on: April 12, 2007, 01:11:21 PM »

Oh, so I should just agree then?
After all, that is what debating is all about...

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #353 on: April 12, 2007, 01:17:59 PM »

I felt that way before seeing them live, and I'd feel the same way if it meant I'd never see them live again.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #354 on: April 12, 2007, 01:22:54 PM »

Fuck, hope Tommy's ok and everything but how many 'set-backs' can one band really have before you start to question if they're all real?!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #355 on: April 12, 2007, 01:25:25 PM »

I think most people would agree that it's better to postpone the start of the tour than to play injured and then having to postpone shows because the hand didn't heal properly....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #356 on: April 12, 2007, 01:26:18 PM »

Oh, so I should just agree then?
After all, that is what debating is all about...

It's not how you disagree it's the way you disagree-immature.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #357 on: April 12, 2007, 01:27:11 PM »

Do we know what date the tour is set to go on? ?Or are they waiting on how well Tommy heals?

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #358 on: April 12, 2007, 01:28:35 PM »

Do we know what date the tour is set to go on?  Or are they waiting on how well Tommy heals?

South Africa is still on as far as I know.

Which gives him about two weeks from now to recover.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #359 on: April 12, 2007, 01:34:08 PM »

I think most people would agree that it's better to postpone the start of the tour than to play injured and then having to postpone shows because the hand didn't heal properly....

/jarmo

oh definately...even if he's not well by SA then they should postpone those dates too rather than reagrivating the injury...but those are festival dates no? kinda hard to make those up Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: