Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:03:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70860 times)
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #320 on: April 11, 2007, 11:21:54 PM »

"They have 70 dates this year and they are airing on the side of caution". 

Am I the only one who doesn't get that statement? 

The Devil hates a loser
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #321 on: April 11, 2007, 11:26:58 PM »

"They have 70 dates this year and they are airing on the side of caution". 

It means that they don't want him risking further injury by coming back too soon.  If he tries coming back too soon, he would jeopardize the band's touring this year.  I believe it's spelled erring, not airing.   Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GNR Narc
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #322 on: April 11, 2007, 11:30:06 PM »

There better be 1 CD to go along with those 70 tour dates. Jarmo I think the fans have the right to demand "Chinese Democracy" at this point. I bought a ticket to one of the shows last year based on Merck's promise that "Chinese Democracy" would be out on one of the thirteen tuesdays remaining in 2006. I was directly lied to and would have never gone to the show if I knew that "Chinese Democracy" wasn't coming out. You should read the story of "The boy who cried wolf" and you would realize why some people think this band is full of shit.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:32:26 PM by GNR Narc » Logged
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #323 on: April 11, 2007, 11:32:41 PM »

There better be 1 CD to go along with those 70 tour dates. Jarmo I think the fans have the right to demand "Chinese Democracy" at this point. I bought a ticket to one of the shows last year based on Merck's promise that "Chinese Democracy" would be out on one of the thirteen tuesdays remaining in 2006. I was directly lied to and would have never gone to the show if I knew that "Chinese Democracy" wasn't coming out. Maybe you should read the story about the boy who cried wolf and you would realize why some people think this band is full of shit.

WHAAAAA crying

Roll Eyes

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #324 on: April 11, 2007, 11:33:12 PM »

"They have 70 dates this year and they are airing on the side of caution". ?

...or possibly they don't want to annouce these dates or more info on this in case there are more "issues".

This 70 dates thing is pretty good freakin' news. ?Here's to hoping they tour the states again. ?I really didn't think I'd have a chance to see them again this year untill now.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #325 on: April 11, 2007, 11:38:20 PM »

There better be 1 CD to go along with those 70 tour dates. Jarmo I think the fans have the right to demand "Chinese Democracy" at this point. I bought a ticket to one of the shows last year based on Merck's promise that "Chinese Democracy" would be out on one of the thirteen tuesdays remaining in 2006. I was directly lied to and would have never gone to the show if I knew that "Chinese Democracy" wasn't coming out. You should read the story of "The boy who cried wolf" and you would realize why some people think this band is full of shit.

if you need an album to enjoy a show, thats your problem.  not GnR's.   crying
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #326 on: April 11, 2007, 11:40:14 PM »

I'm hoping Texas is included in those tour dates!
GNR Narc
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #327 on: April 11, 2007, 11:49:24 PM »

if you need an album to enjoy a show, thats your problem.? not GnR's.? ?crying
I would enjoy my money back that I spent travelling to see them. I'd already spent money going to see them in New York,?and only went to see them again because I was lied to about "Chinese Democracy" coming out. How about you guys who are calling me a crybaby get me a refund on the money I wasted on GnR, and then you can call me anything you like.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:51:42 PM by GNR Narc » Logged
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #328 on: April 11, 2007, 11:52:40 PM »

I would enjoy my money back that I spent travelling to see them. I'd already spent money going to see them in New York,?and only went to see them again because I was lied to about "Chinese Democracy" coming out. How about you guys who are calling me a crybaby get me a refund on the money I wasted on GnR, and then you can call me anything you like.

i say again WHHAAAAAAAAAA crying

at least you got to go to a show, quit bitching Roll Eyes

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #329 on: April 11, 2007, 11:54:46 PM »

I really have never understood why you would go to a concert because you were expecting the album.  That just doesn't make sense.  Did you expect to get a free copy of the album with your ticket?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #330 on: April 12, 2007, 12:00:11 AM »

What if GnR started putting out albumns and didn't tour.  Would people turn around and bitch because their not touring?  there is just no satisfying some people.  I like GnR because I love their songs and I love seeing Axl live.  I was glad I got a chance to see them last year.  I don't need a new albumn to want to see GnR live (of course it would be a bonus though)  I'm not sure how chances there will be to see them in the future. I say take advantage of the opportunity

Cheers
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #331 on: April 12, 2007, 12:03:08 AM »

this sucks for japanese fans and tommy but to look on the bright side of things, it does give the band a little extra time to finish up all the little things left for an album release

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #332 on: April 12, 2007, 12:03:19 AM »

I would enjoy my money back that I spent travelling to see them. I'd already spent money going to see them in New York, and only went to see them again because I was lied to about "Chinese Democracy" coming out. How about you guys who are calling me a crybaby get me a refund on the money I wasted on GnR, and then you can call me anything you like.

Some posts never cease to amaze me. Yet I can't take shit like this seriously.

I went to the New Jersey show and got more than I bargained for. My view was occasionally blocked my somebody's ass because she was doing her dance routine for her boyfriend during the slower songs.

Should I've paid extra for the act or should I demand a refund because of the obstructed view from you?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #333 on: April 12, 2007, 12:09:11 AM »

I would enjoy my money back that I spent travelling to see them. I'd already spent money going to see them in New York, and only went to see them again because I was lied to about "Chinese Democracy" coming out. How about you guys who are calling me a crybaby get me a refund on the money I wasted on GnR, and then you can call me anything you like.

I went to the New Jersey show and got more than I bargained for. My view was occasionally blocked my somebody's ass because she was doing her dance routine for her boyfriend during the slower songs.

Should I've paid extra for the act or should I demand a refund because of the obstructed view from you?

/jarmo

PWNAGE from Jarmo beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GNR Narc
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #334 on: April 12, 2007, 12:18:17 AM »

Your response makes no sense Jarmo. I bought a ticket because I wanted to hear more new songs. Since "Chinese Democracy" was supposed to come out I thought that I would get to hear more new songs. If they were honest and said that "Chinese Democracy" wasn't coming out I would have known that there was no chance of hearing more new songs and wouldn't have wasted my money. Don't you get that I would have never spent money seeing the band again if they hadn't lied about releasing Chinese Democracy? I understand that you don't want to bite the hand that feeds so I'll just shut up now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 12:41:59 AM by GNR Narc » Logged
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #335 on: April 12, 2007, 12:18:57 AM »

/jarmo

PWNAGE from Jarmo beer

was a great show  nevertheless!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Edward Rose
« Reply #336 on: April 12, 2007, 12:21:20 AM »

if you need an album to enjoy a show, thats your problem.  not GnR's.   crying

You should go to Axl's mansion in Malibu and demand your money back for the concert. Then it would be funny as hell if he ends up acting daffy fuckin' crazy and chases you down the mountain... throwing CDR's at you and beaming you in the head with them.

rofl
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #337 on: April 12, 2007, 12:26:46 AM »

good stuff!!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #338 on: April 12, 2007, 12:39:12 AM »

You should go to Axl's mansion in Malibu and demand your money back for the concert. Then it would be funny as hell if he ends up acting daffy fuckin' crazy and chases you down the mountain... throwing CDR's at you and beaming you in the head with them.

rofl

Tell me honestly: do you really think you are funny?

And if you haven't noticed this is a serious thread about a sad event. So, trying to be sarcastically funny in here can be interpreted as an indirect insult towards the band.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Edward Rose
« Reply #339 on: April 12, 2007, 12:42:33 AM »

Tell me honestly: do you really think you are funny?

And if you haven't noticed this is a serious thread about a sad event. So, trying to be sarcastically funny in here can be interpreted as an indirect insult towards the band.

Sadly, saying anything in here can be interpreted in any way. Therefore I don't really care.

Obviously I wish the best for Tommy and the sucess of the tour, and hope to see them in Perth on June 10th with Chinese Democracy in hand or on the new release schedule.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: