Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:57:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70847 times)
Casey Shelton
« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2007, 08:27:05 PM »

I'm lucky enough to have heard a lot of them.?

I call bullshit!

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2007, 08:28:39 PM »

That's for how you melt down in the face of perfectly well deserved criticism.  Axl's not perfect.  There's no harm in acknowledging that.

i've never seen anybody claim Axl is perfect.   he's a human being like anyone else who fucks up at things in life, just like we all do.

That doesn't mean he owes us anything.   The more I sit back and see how this fanbase reacts to shit, the more I start to believe that Axl feels completely removed from the fans and doesn't feel any kind of connection with them, and who could blame him?   nothing is ever good enough for some people.  and it never will be.

I am a fan of Axl Rose because of his art and I say as fans we should just allow him to create his art at his own pace without demanding info and updates and all that.   theres no reason to question most of this stuff, its not our place.   let him share what he wants to share and be happy with that, and maybe, just maybe he would share a little more.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:31:54 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2007, 08:32:39 PM »

That's for how you melt down in the face of perfectly well deserved criticism.  Axl's not perfect.  There's no harm in acknowledging that.

i've never seen anybody claim Axl is perfect.   he's a human being like anyone else who fucks up at things in life, just like we all do.

That doesn't mean he owes us anything.   The more I sit back and see how this fanbase reacts to shit, the more I start to believe that Axl feels completely removed from the fans and doesn't feel any kind of connection with them, and who could blame him?

Jim Bob, I almost completely agree with you.  However, I don't think Axl is completely removed from his fans.  The way this fanbase acts though, like I've said before, you'd probably never f'ing see me again.  I'd fake my own death, live in paradise, and do hot models in dark rooms supplied to me via loyal confidantes.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Casey Shelton
« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2007, 08:33:22 PM »

Axl's not perfect.? There's no harm in acknowledging that.

He's far from perfect like the rest of us on this planet. I believe he has some serious anxiety about finally releasing the album. That's understandable. He'll hurt if this cd doesn't change music in some fashion. Personally I don't think he has anything to worry about. With this cd, the second that will mix old & new styles and the final cd which will take GNR to a whole new level. Axl is a master. He will accomplish what he intends to.

Tommy injuring himself may be a blessing in disguise. More time to finish what is now far beyond overdue. Everything happens for a reason.

There's no reason going at jarmo. He's never said one single negative thing about GNR and nobody here is gonna change that.

Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #304 on: April 11, 2007, 08:41:19 PM »

Who ya' gonna call? (besides the obvious Ghostbusters...) Chris Pitman!!

Mother Goose can play bass and tommy can... I was gonna say attempt to play the wiggle keyboard with one hand but we all know that's too impossible and we don't want any more injuries... He can still sing back up vocals although that would be quite awkward wouldn't it.. maybe he should rest up at home and eat a lot of Popsicles... come back full health for that Mypepsi concert thingy or whatever...

I bet Merck pushed Tommy down the stairs... ya know, getting revenge for all that stuff... and stuff... yowsa!
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #305 on: April 11, 2007, 08:47:31 PM »

i've never seen anybody claim Axl is perfect.   

Except for Chris Axl from MYGNR.

And, get well soon loc!

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #306 on: April 11, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »

That doesn't mean he owes us anything.   The more I sit back and see how this fanbase reacts to shit, the more I start to believe that Axl feels completely removed from the fans and doesn't feel any kind of connection with them, and who could blame him?   nothing is ever good enough for some people.  and it never will be.

I am a fan of Axl Rose because of his art and I say as fans we should just allow him to create his art at his own pace without demanding info and updates and all that.   theres no reason to question most of this stuff, its not our place.   let him share what he wants to share and be happy with that, and maybe, just maybe he would share a little more.

The misconceptions are that the band doesn't give a shit about their fans and there's no communication. Just because they don't play shows that consist of 95% unreleased material for a few people on these message boards and they don't post blogs about what they're doing.

Instead, they play shows that are amazing, even if you haven't followed the band closely for the last 20 or so years and they update us when there's something real to update about (like today).

I've said it many times, these people just won't admit that communication to them means they want to know when the album will be out. Correction, they don't want to know it, they demand to know it.

It's almost like some of you only come here to see what's gone wrong so you can post and point fingers.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #307 on: April 11, 2007, 08:57:08 PM »

theres just no reason to be demanding shit.    i wish for a lot of things from Guns N' Roses but I have no control over when they come or what comes and if I have been a fan all this time during periods of almost nothing (2003-2005, 1996-1999) then surely I can handle getting to see GnR a few times.  smoking  album or not.  updates or blog or nothing.  new songs, old songs,  whatever.   this album has been in the making for so many years, who knows when it will come out!   If i was expecting it by a certain time i would no longer be around.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #308 on: April 11, 2007, 09:16:26 PM »

Who ya' gonna call? (besides the obvious Ghostbusters...) Chris Pitman!!

Mother Goose can play bass and tommy can... I was gonna say attempt to play the wiggle keyboard with one hand but we all know that's too impossible and we don't want any more injuries... He can still sing back up vocals although that would be quite awkward wouldn't it.. maybe he should rest up at home and eat a lot of Popsicles... come back full health for that Mypepsi concert thingy or whatever...

I bet Merck pushed Tommy down the stairs... ya know, getting revenge for all that stuff... and stuff... yowsa!

Good to see you're back, Jackamo!

It's a shame that we were robbed of the chance to see Mother Goose on bass again.  Probably a good thing though.  He's so damn sexy that nobody would pay attention to Axl.

Jarmo and Jim Bob -- never mind my constructive criticism of Axl's PR.  Clearly, things are going really well for them.  That's why everyone's so happy around here!  That's why GNR are more popular than ever.  Whoot-Whoot!   beer

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #309 on: April 11, 2007, 09:18:04 PM »

The problem is not your ideas, the problem is that you fail to acknowledge the things that have happened every time Axl has said something.

You say: They should do this and that and it would be great.

We say: But they've tried and it all was used against them so can't you understand why they might feel like it's not worth giving more updates?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #310 on: April 11, 2007, 09:22:20 PM »

We had a sucking luck  Sad

Edward Rose
« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2007, 09:26:45 PM »

The problem is not your ideas, the problem is that you fail to acknowledge the things that have happened every time Axl has said something.

You say: They should do this and that and it would be great.

We say: But they've tried and it all was used against them so can't you understand why they might feel like it's not worth giving more updates?

/jarmo

It's this frigin internet thing I tell you. It's just not natural. It used to be like, 5 stoners sitting in a living room chatting about a magazine article. Now there's like, five thousand people sitting in front of that one couch who are all capable of giving their .0004 cents worth at one time. (That's 2 cents divided by 5,000  Grin ) They all end up slinging crap at each other AND Axl.  nervous

I think you're all threatening Jarmo's very existence in some way shape or form. Seriously, his head could explode or something because he's likely the only webmaster of the largest band bb where the most a-holes have ever hung out in one place in the history of human existence. Wouldn't be surprised if he's being studied right now by, well... look up.  hihi

I mustve dreamed a thousand dreams
Been haunted by a million screams
But I can hear the marching feet
Theyre moving into the street.

Now did you read the news today
They say the dangers gone away
But I can see the fires still alight
There burning into the night.

Theres too many men
Too many people
Making too many problems
And not much love to go round
Cant you see
This is a land of confusion.

This is the world we live in
And these are the hands were given
Use them and lets start trying
To make it a place worth living in.

Ooh superman where are you now
When everythings gone wrong somehow
The men of steel, the men of power
Are losing control by the hour.

This is the time
This is the place
So we look for the future
But theres not much love to go round
Tell me why, this is a land of confusion.

To make it a place worth living in.

I remember long ago -
Ooh when the sun was shining
Yes and the stars were bright
All through the night
And the sound of your laughter
As I held you tight
So long ago -

I wont be coming home tonight
My generation will put it right
Were not just making promises
That we know, well never keep.

Too many men
Theres too many people
Making too many problems
And not much love to go round
Cant you see
This is a land of confusion.

Now this is the world we live in
To make it a place worth fighting for.

And these are the names were given
Stand up and lets start showing
Just where our lives are going to.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:32:54 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #312 on: April 11, 2007, 10:09:49 PM »

theres just no reason to be demanding shit.? ? i wish for a lot of things from Guns N' Roses but I have no control over when they come or what comes and if I have been a fan all this time during periods of almost nothing (2003-2005, 1996-1999) then surely I can handle getting to see GnR a few times.? smoking? album or not.? updates or blog or nothing.? new songs, old songs,? whatever.? ?this album has been in the making for so many years, who knows when it will come out!? ?If i was expecting it by a certain time i would no longer be around.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Which sadly you speak for a few. I know you demand loyalty as your posts are trying to say. That everyone should give him the time to create his masterpiece of? music and a lot have. They have sit and watched the years slide by and watch as the band gets made jokes of by almost everyone nearly in the music public at times.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? But a lot are just tired .The last orginal album of material came out in 1991. Thats over 15 years. I could understand why some and even myself are tired of the wait. I'm glad Guns n Roses are touring . I'm glad Axl's back on stage. I just wish the album could finally happen. Just like many others want right now.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Perhaps now he'll finally get it done.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #313 on: April 11, 2007, 10:25:15 PM »

theres just no reason to be demanding shit.    i wish for a lot of things from Guns N' Roses but I have no control over when they come or what comes and if I have been a fan all this time during periods of almost nothing (2003-2005, 1996-1999) then surely I can handle getting to see GnR a few times.  smoking  album or not.  updates or blog or nothing.  new songs, old songs,  whatever.   this album has been in the making for so many years, who knows when it will come out!   If i was expecting it by a certain time i would no longer be around.

Which sadly you speak for a few. I know you demand loyalty as your posts are trying to say. That everyone should give him the time to create his masterpiece of  music and a lot have. They have sit and watched the years slide by and watch as the band gets made jokes of by almost everyone nearly in the music public at times.

But a lot are just tired .The last orginal album of material came out in 1991. Thats over 15 years. I could understand why some and even myself are tired of the wait. I'm glad Guns n Roses are touring . I'm glad Axl's back on stage. I just wish the album could finally happen. Just like many others want right now.

Perhaps now he'll finally get it done.

i want it just as bad.

but if it never comes out, I wont feel I've been shortchanged one bit because its not Axl's responsibility to keep me happy in life.   

Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #314 on: April 11, 2007, 10:34:59 PM »

i want it just as bad.

but if it never comes out, I wont feel I've been shortchanged one bit because its not Axl's responsibility to keep me happy in life.? ?

The promises though , its the promise of this album that has many waiting. CD was an album that has been promised so many years its pushed the fans. I can understand why some aren't happy. You keep saying "Ok soon it will be out " and another year passes ...I can see why some aren't happy.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: April 11, 2007, 10:40:59 PM »

I just want throw something out there one last time to the people (Jim Bob) who think that Fans bitching about lack of updates, etc are the problem. ?1st of all it's not always bitching, a lot of the time it's expressing what you feel. ?I doubt Axl would have anything against people who want to express themselves, seeing as how he made a career out of it. ?2nd -- Peoples "bitching" may not be desirable, but it's not the problem, it's the effect. ? I don't wanna "bitch" peace so you can come up with the Cause by yourself. ?

One other thing: ?This whole thing would be a lot different if Axl hadn't been doing anything the last 10 years, say if he had just quit the business. ?But he didn't, it's widely known that he has been working on this for most of that lengthy period. ?I could see how that would baffle some people and make them wonder what the hell is going on. ?Also, he became "fair game" in my mind when they started having Chinese Democracy tours. ?Not just a tour, but the name of the aforementioned album in the name of the tour. ?Once again, I can understand how people could be baffled that you would have a Chinese Democracy tour and still not have the actual Chinese Democracy released more than 5 years later. ?Just wanted to throw that out there. ? peace
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #316 on: April 11, 2007, 10:41:15 PM »

Australian promoter spoke to Tommy today...

Paul Dainty spoke with Tommy Stinson today. "The guy is so embarrassed. He walked down a couple of steps and fell over. He put out his had to protect himself, as you do, went to bed and when he woke up it was swollen".

He also says:

"Only the Japanese dates have been changed," he tells Undercover News. They have 70 dates this year and they are airing on the side of caution".  Shocked

Complete story: http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=1889

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #317 on: April 11, 2007, 10:43:41 PM »

70 Dates this year? woah..Cool

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #318 on: April 11, 2007, 10:44:21 PM »

70 dates?  so this is a full blown tour, cool looks like i'm seeing guns again.  smoking
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #319 on: April 11, 2007, 11:17:14 PM »

70 Dates this year? woah..Cool

i know i was surprised when i heard that too http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=70364
says some more stuff there about it, probably the same as what we know already, but there ya go. This is so cool, hopefully there will be 70 shows and 1 new CD Cool

and no cancellations  Lips Sealed

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: