Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:46:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70812 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #280 on: April 11, 2007, 06:16:43 PM »

Wait wait wait... are we brainwashed b/c we are still fans and we dont bitch about every little thing? or are we brainwashed b/c we dont buy into conspiracy theories?

Thanks for proving my point Tommie! Some people act like anyone who vocalizes their opinion is either not a real "fan" or they're trying to be start conspiracy theories.  I'm a real fan with no agenda.  I'm F'ing sick of waiting for Chinese Demoracy.  Not only because I want to hear it, but so GNR can actually get some credibility back in the mainstream.  Which happens to be the place that will matter when GNR releases this CD.  Is that a conspiracy theory? or is that a reasonable desire? 

That's the problem. You're letting something you have no control over make you frustrated.

It's an album, it'll be out when it's done.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #281 on: April 11, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ?Ok this sucks for the Japanese fans who are so wanting to see Guns return there. It blows on a major level for them since its been over a decade since G'n'R last played for them. Injuries do happen sadly..

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?My only question is this: Ok sometimes someone gets sick or hurt. Last year Brain had his issues with his family and had to take off for awhile and they brought in another drummer. Couldn't Axl hire a bassist or someone who works in a studio with the band to play the Japanese dates til Stinson got better and returned ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? The gear and all is there in Japan according to the Stinson news piece. They could hire someone as a quick fill in for a few shows as Tommy's expected back at the end of the month for the May Tour dates.

? ? ? ? ? ? ?
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #282 on: April 11, 2007, 06:23:32 PM »

Wait wait wait... are we brainwashed b/c we are still fans and we dont bitch about every little thing? or are we brainwashed b/c we dont buy into conspiracy theories?

Thanks for proving my point Tommie! Some people act like anyone who vocalizes their opinion is either not a real "fan" or they're trying to be start conspiracy theories. I'm a real fan with no agenda. I'm F'ing sick of waiting for Chinese Demoracy. Not only because I want to hear it, but so GNR can actually get some credibility back in the mainstream. Which happens to be the place that will matter when GNR releases this CD. Is that a conspiracy theory? or is that a reasonable desire?

That's the problem. You're letting something you have no control over make you frustrated.

/jarmo

Yeah, you're right, I am frustrated.  I would think you would be too, I mean you did start a website revolving around the band. But whatever, I'm gonna take that guy's advice from before and --drink a beer and go get laid.  Peace.
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #283 on: April 11, 2007, 06:25:01 PM »

Thanks for proving my point Tommie! Some people act like anyone who vocalizes their opinion is either not a real "fan" or they're trying to be start conspiracy theories.  I'm a real fan with no agenda.  I'm F'ing sick of waiting for Chinese Demoracy.  Not only because I want to hear it, but so GNR can actually get some credibility back in the mainstream.  Which happens to be the place that will matter when GNR releases this CD.  Is that a conspiracy theory? or is that a reasonable desire? 

I understand your getting frustrated with the wait, we all are.  But I am so sick and tired of people bitching just to bitch.  We all know the album is still not out, we all wish GnR would update their site more regularly, but we dont got to bitch and complain about it.  If your so sick of waiting, and all you can do between now and the time the album comes out is bitch, then may I suggest not coming onto the boards?  It kills it for everyone else who is here to have a reasonable conversation.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #284 on: April 11, 2007, 06:26:07 PM »

Yeah, you're right, I am frustrated.  I would think you would be too, I mean you did start a website revolving around the band. But whatever, I'm gonna take that guy's advice from before and --drink a beer and go get laid.  Peace.

Imagine that.

I started a site and still don't feel like I'm owed something.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR Narc
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #285 on: April 11, 2007, 06:26:14 PM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ?Ok this sucks for the Japanese fans who are so wanting to see Guns return there. It blows on a major level for them since its been over a decade since G'n'R last played for them. Injuries do happen sadly..

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?My only question is this: Ok sometimes someone gets sick or hurt. Last year Brain had his issues with his family and had to take off for awhile and they brought in another drummer. Couldn't Axl hire a bassist or someone who works in a studio with the band to play the Japanese dates til Stinson got better and returned ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? The gear and all is there in Japan according to the Stinson news piece. They could hire someone as a quick fill in for a few shows as Tommy's expected back at the end of the month for the May Tour dates.

? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Guns kicked off the Chinese Democracy tour in Osaka 5 years ago. I have a bootleg of the show.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: April 11, 2007, 06:26:17 PM »

Thanks for proving my point Tommie! Some people act like anyone who vocalizes their opinion is either not a real "fan" or they're trying to be start conspiracy theories. I'm a real fan with no agenda. I'm F'ing sick of waiting for Chinese Demoracy. Not only because I want to hear it, but so GNR can actually get some credibility back in the mainstream. Which happens to be the place that will matter when GNR releases this CD. Is that a conspiracy theory? or is that a reasonable desire?

/jarmo

Yeah, you're right, I am frustrated.? I would think you would be too, I mean you did start a website revolving around the band. But whatever, I'm gonna take that guy's advice from before and --drink a beer and go get laid.? Peace.

I do give good advise......have fun bro.... peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: April 11, 2007, 06:27:09 PM »

I mean... so what if they're still mixing? Are they going to post an update every day saying:

"Album is still being mixed. Bumblefoot made the studio engineers dance to an instrumental version of the Married with Children theme."

"Uh... still mixing. Finck wore a leatherjacket."

"ProTools wasn't working so we played poker on the internet. Frank won."

"Still mixing. The cymbals was raised to about 13% of the volume of the master track."

"Mixing. And mixing. The studio kitchen mixer broke though, so we need another mixing engineer to get it working again. The end."

...I mean, come on. When there are significant news, they will be posted.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #288 on: April 11, 2007, 06:27:15 PM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ?

GNR played Japan in 02... Not sure where compared to these dates...

Axl probaly dosent want to rush someone who dosent know the parts.. To bad pitman isint any good at the bass.. Oh well...
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #289 on: April 11, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »

[Guns kicked off the Chinese Democracy tour in Osaka 5 years ago. I have a bootleg of the show.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Really I heard they last toured there in 1993. It still sucks regardless ....
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: April 11, 2007, 06:30:43 PM »

Axl probaly dosent want to rush someone who dosent know the parts.. To bad pitman isint any good at the bass.. Oh well...

Yeah after this there shouldn't be an excuse about the album. It should be mixed and sent in finally. Late Jan. to May should be enough time to finally do the mixing I'd think.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #291 on: April 11, 2007, 06:35:31 PM »

If I was Axl Rose and read this bullshit everyone is whining about, I would delay shit even longer just to piss you whiners off.   he's not obligated to do a damn thing, and maybe he doesn't really feel much connection with his fans because the majority of them are never happy with anything he does, so he doesn't want to talk.  maybe?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #292 on: April 11, 2007, 06:47:22 PM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Yeah after this there shouldn't be an excuse about the album. It should be mixed and sent in finally. Late Jan. to May should be enough time to finally do the mixing I'd think.

What does any of this hafta do with the album?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #293 on: April 11, 2007, 07:10:20 PM »

I mean... so what if they're still mixing? Are they going to post an update every day saying:

"Album is still being mixed. Bumblefoot made the studio engineers dance to an instrumental version of the Married with Children theme."

"Still mixing. The cymbals was raised to about 13% of the volume of the master track."

"Mixing. And mixing. The studio kitchen mixer broke though, so we need another mixing engineer to get it working again. The end."

Ok, I'm at work and seriously just busted out laughing while reading that! Thank God I'm in a soundproof studio!  rofl

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #294 on: April 11, 2007, 07:15:09 PM »

The good: Tommy didn't break his hand.

The bad: It's still severely sprained.

The Ugly: Axl pushed him down the stairs  Grin

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #295 on: April 11, 2007, 07:17:27 PM »

The good: Tommy didn't break his hand.

The bad: It's still severely sprained.

The Ugly: Axl pushed him down the stairs  Grin

Now thats a conspiracy theory.  My personal fav though still has to be that Axl had Duff kill Kurt. rofl

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #296 on: April 11, 2007, 08:12:51 PM »

This tour post-ponement is a big dissapointment to me.  I understand that shit happens and I'm not blaming anyone, but lots of people are just going to associate it with GNR's history of no show's and cancellations. 
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #297 on: April 11, 2007, 08:15:08 PM »

Ok, I'm at work and seriously just busted out laughing while reading that! Thank God I'm in a soundproof studio!? rofl

There are lots of cool details they could share.? I'm lucky enough to have heard a lot of them.?

BBF's been recording guitar work.? What songs?? Lead?? Back up?? Was it his idea to record more parts, or Axl's?? If it was his, then what exactly did he think he could bring to the album that wasn't already there?

Not only would GNR fans find answers to those questions fascinating, but I'll bet it would help everyone suffer through the latest round of crushing disappointments from Camp Axl.

Instead, we get a half-assed, insulting letter from the quasi-literate hack Del James and an article by one of their roadies about some Canadian band nobody gives a shit about.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #298 on: April 11, 2007, 08:18:54 PM »

Yes, they could talk about every single fucking detail about the album now so you could say "Now we know everything about the album so there's no surprises left!  crying ".

Don't you have your own web site to worry about?

/jarmo

MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #299 on: April 11, 2007, 08:25:24 PM »

Yes, they could talk about every single fucking detail about the album now so you could say "Now we know everything about the album so there's no surprises left!? crying ".

Don't you have your own web site to worry about?

/jarmo
'

Oh Jarmo... don't you think there could be a happy medium somewhere between daily logs and the ridiculous excuse for PR they have now?? I think the band could find a way to explain the process of making the album while still leaving a few surprises.? Like, say,? I don't know... the music?

I've heard awesome stuff myself.? I'm sure you have.? But if we talk about it, we get blackballed by GNR and lose the chance to hear that stuff at all.  It sucks.  All fans deserve to know what's going on with their favorite band. 

I'm gonna serve you up one of these too --? crying

That's for how you melt down in the face of perfectly well deserved criticism.? Axl's not perfect.? There's no harm in acknowledging that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:28:40 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: