Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:18:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70897 times)
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2007, 04:42:59 PM »

The Ghost of Bob strikes again!

Good lord, Tommy's formative years were spent blind drunk roaming across the country. Now he takes a spill down a flight of stairs. Go figure! Well, good to hear he's okay overall. Mend up, General!

Maybe it's me, but some days, Tommy is THE coolest member of the band, AXL INCLUDED. <I know I may get some hate from the Finckheads and Fortusians, but dangit, I'm a old school Mats fan, so there>

snead

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2007, 05:08:20 PM »

I hope the whole concept of Karma isn't real, because if it is this album is gonna F'ing bomb!  People saying that they toured for the fans are being a little too naive.  Any objective person would correlate the time that Universal cut off the money and when they decided to tour.  Also, I'm not complaining, but I don't think a lot of fellow concertgoers felt that they really cared about the fans when they hit the stage at 12:30 AM at my particular concert.  I'm still faithfully and patiently awaiting the release of Chinese Democracy, but a certain part of me almost hopes this album bombs(it's fleeting though) just to show Axl that there are negative consequences to going about his business this way. And by this way, I mean taking this long and never communicating anything to the fans,etc!
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2007, 05:16:25 PM »

Well with so many members in the band now the odds go up something like this will happen...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. So easy to be negative

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #263 on: April 11, 2007, 05:21:21 PM »

Never communicating?

For fuck's sake.

Whenever he has said anything, he's been called a liar.

He didn't say anything for years and that was met with "I wish Axl would speak!".

Then in recent times when he has said something about the band's future plans, some of you people are claiming he promised you things like a release on March 6th.

No fucking wonder we're not getting more updates from him.

He can never win with some of you.

Why don't you just admit that?

Stop hiding behind the idea that you're "objective". You're just interested in picking every single thing apart so you can blame Axl for everything.

Don't you have your own fucking life to worry about instead of pointing fingers at somebody you don't even know?

I'm such an ass kisser because my day doesn't consist of posting "Axl's lying! I wish he'd update us!" and "it's not coming out! They're lying!".

Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle,
And this'll help things turn out for the best, and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

If being a GN'R fan is so frustrating, maybe you can start following one of those mediocre bands that does everything according to the rock n' roll rule book.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #264 on: April 11, 2007, 05:25:49 PM »

I just read it !  Shocked

Oh bummer !!

I feel as bad for tommy as i did for matt sorum when he injured himself.

I do hope everything mends properly.

Take it easy. Kiss

Nothing to say
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #265 on: April 11, 2007, 05:37:31 PM »

Dude, I seriously hope GNR is paying you! You honestly think there has been an appropriate amount of communication from Axl to the fans?? You really Do??, because if you say yes then everyone knows you're off your rocker!! ?I'm as big of a Axl fan musically as anyone here, but I'm getting sick of people acting like he's become a victim of fans who are tired of waiting. ?Why are they tired of waiting?? Why are they complaining?? I think Axl may have been a small part of that! ?The fact is: ?most people here complain because they care. Is that really a bad thing?

And for your "If being a GN'R fan is so frustrating, maybe you can start following one of those mediocre bands that does everything according to the rock n' roll rule book" comment. ?Yeah not too many bands out there these days are very good, but you have to atleast respect them for releasing material every once in awhile. ?People (or atleast most) don't wanna bitch about this shit, but the reason it happens is because this whole situation (length of time) seems to be mostly an internal problem with GNR. ?We're fans and we can see that GNR has been fucking themselves over at every other turn and they need to stop it before Axl is a member of AARP. ?If that makes me a bad fan in your book, so be it!

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #266 on: April 11, 2007, 05:39:05 PM »

jarmo, try to understand them ... be a little diplomatic, you're making more enemies every day

lets all be happy that the spring is here !!! i mean, it's so sunny outside !!!! it's sooo cooo !!! Smiley

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: April 11, 2007, 05:44:45 PM »

This sucks....BLOWS.....Tommy will be fine.....I hope... He probably had a few drinks or something. It happens. Or maybe he just woke up and then fell on his face......10 feet below. Either way everything will have to come together at a later date. Hey Jarmo....take my neg Karm off you selfish prick....it shouldn't be there in the first place........just joking you Nancy Boy, take it easy......and some people on here need to take some Midol.......GNR will be running strong in the next month......so Japan got postponed....there are worse things happening around the world......MUCH WORSE.........get a life YOU FUCKING FAIRIES!.....I know it sucks but shit happens.....go get a drink and get laid.....all will be better peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #268 on: April 11, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »

Never communicating?

For fuck's sake.

Whenever he has said anything, he's been called a liar.

He didn't say anything for years and that was met with "I wish Axl would speak!".

Then in recent times when he has said something about the band's future plans, some of you people are claiming he promised you things like a release on March 6th.

No fucking wonder we're not getting more updates from him.

He can never win with some of you.

Why don't you just admit that?

Stop hiding behind the idea that you're "objective". You're just interested in picking every single thing apart so you can blame Axl for everything.

Don't you have your own fucking life to worry about instead of pointing fingers at somebody you don't even know?

I'm such an ass kisser because my day doesn't consist of posting "Axl's lying! I wish he'd update us!" and "it's not coming out! They're lying!".

Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle,
And this'll help things turn out for the best, and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

If being a GN'R fan is so frustrating, maybe you can start following one of those mediocre bands that does everything according to the rock n' roll rule book.  ok

/jarmo
Well said, some people on this board seem to have no life of their own.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #269 on: April 11, 2007, 05:49:29 PM »

I feel for the Japanese fans.? I have been fortunate to have been able to see the band play on their scheduled times. I always had the fear there would be a cancelation/postponement of some sort.? I was close in 06 and 02. In 06, one show preceeding my planned show was canceled due to illness, and the band was late to the show because of road conditions due to a big snowstorm.? In 02, Axl hung on for only a couple of more shows and then the Philly incident happened.

Hey, at least the conspiracy buffs can't pin this on "poor ticket sales"  as the "real" reason.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 05:52:04 PM by ipoopie » Logged

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: April 11, 2007, 05:50:57 PM »

get a life YOU FUCKING FAIRIES!.....I know it sucks but shit happens.

Yes, shit does happen, but do you realize you're telling people to get a life because they're on a message board that you happen to also be posting on. ?Just wondering if you realize the irony, or maybe you're too busy coming up with your fairy jokes!
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: April 11, 2007, 05:53:17 PM »

get a life YOU FUCKING FAIRIES!.....I know it sucks but shit happens.

Yes, shit does happen, but do you realize you're telling people to get a life because they're on a message board that you happen to also be posting on. ?Just wondering if you realize the irony, or maybe you're too busy coming up with your fairy jokes!

I rarely go on here......and i said get a life to people that are bashing the band...So blow me...read it again kid.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #272 on: April 11, 2007, 05:53:54 PM »

You honestly think there has been an appropriate amount of communication from Axl to the fans??

Looks like somebody didn't understand a word I said.

Imagine this:

Newbie: THIS IS SO COOL. HELLO EVERYBODY! I'M NEW HERE!
Me: I wish you would learn how to not post in ALL CAPS.
Newbie: Ok, I'll try to cut down on the caps. I PROMISE!
Me: But you're still using caps! I wish you'd use less caps!

There was no updates a few years ago, then there was and what did you do? You complained about the updates and then when there's no updates you complain more.

You win! All the time!

You must be really happy.  ok

Now get real, not every single update has to come from Axl personally.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #273 on: April 11, 2007, 06:00:45 PM »

quote author=jarmo link=topic=44997.msg913827#msg913827 date=1176328434]
You honestly think there has been an appropriate amount of communication from Axl to the fans??

Looks like somebody didn't understand a word I said.

There was no updates a few years ago, then there was and what did you do? You complained about the updates and then when there's no updates you complain more.

You win! All the time!

You must be really happy. ok

Now get real, not every single update has to come from Axl personally.

/jarmo

Apparently you didn't understand a word I said!  I asked you a question and you didn't answer it!  QUESTION: Do you think there has been an appropriate amount of communication from Axl (or anyone in GNR for that matter) to the fans??  This isn't even getting into the quality of updates, I'm just talking about the amount!  I don't like to be the dude ragging on the band, but I happen to get sick of reading 50 posts that seem to come from people who are brainwashed.
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2007, 06:05:15 PM »

Wait wait wait... are we brainwashed b/c we are still fans and we dont bitch about every little thing?  or are we brainwashed b/c we dont buy into conspiracy theories?

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2007, 06:08:49 PM »

it can be this? whenever it seems that everything begins to have a logic course, boom!!! something occurs!

shit!!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2007, 06:12:35 PM »

Apparently you didn't understand a word I said!  I asked you a question and you didn't answer it! 

I did answer it. Read between the lines.

QUESTION: Do you think there has been an appropriate amount of communication from Axl (or anyone in GNR for that matter) to the fans??  This isn't even getting into the quality of updates, I'm just talking about the amount!  I don't like to be the dude ragging on the band, but I happen to get sick of reading 50 posts that seem to come from people who are brainwashed.

Yes there has. As soon as something important has needed to be said, it's been posted on the official site.

Just visit gunsnroses.com to see for yourself.

There's been several already this year. The band hasn't even started their tour yet.

Just because in your mind updates = release date, doesn't mean there's not been any updates. What you, and your kind, fail to admit is that, you're only interested in one update and when you can't get it when you want, you keep posting "there's no updates".

/jarmo

novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »

Wait wait wait... are we brainwashed b/c we are still fans and we dont bitch about every little thing? or are we brainwashed b/c we dont buy into conspiracy theories?

Thanks for proving my point Tommie! Some people act like anyone who vocalizes their opinion is either not a real "fan" or they're trying to be start conspiracy theories. ?I'm a real fan with no agenda. ?I'm F'ing sick of waiting for Chinese Demoracy. ?Not only because I want to hear it, but so GNR can actually get some credibility back in the mainstream. ?Which happens to be the place that will matter when GNR releases this CD. ?Is that a conspiracy theory? or is that a reasonable desire? ?

Oh and replying to Jarmo:  Do you even want this album to come out? Of course the only update people care about is the release date!  You try and act like their current process is normal and even more troubling--good for the band.  The longer they wait, the worse it is for the band.  Doesn't the current GNR becoming a joke to most normal people trouble you? It trouble me, not for personal reasons, but because they're capable of so much more! Is it really that hard of a concept to grasp that GNR have and continue to F themselves over?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 06:19:37 PM by novrain91 » Logged
Therewasabetterirs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2007, 06:15:09 PM »

I cant believe Axl would go this low and make his bass player Tommy say he hurt his poor hand Roll Eyes, only joking nevermind its not the end of the world and it will soon be the end of April! ok
GNR Narc
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #279 on: April 11, 2007, 06:16:34 PM »

Why aren't you guys excited? This is awesome news. Axl will now be around to help finish the mixing and mastering of "Chinese Democracy". Most important of all Axl will be able to approve of the mixing and mastering. I was dreading that we would hear that the album would be delayed again becasue Axl and the band weren't around to approve of the mixes and masters, but Tommys injury takes that excuse away. Soon is definitely the word now I can feel it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: