Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:14:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70890 times)
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #200 on: April 11, 2007, 02:46:50 PM »

Most of you need to calm down.

It's like all of a sudden this board is full of people who have tickets to the Japanese shows.

/jarmo

hey man . dont tell us to calm down. a lot of the die hards got burnt again....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2007, 02:48:08 PM »

remember they did postpone and make up shows during the 06 Euro Tour and they did postpone the start date to the 06 NA Tour, so there is no reason to actually believe they wont come through again.  Now if you want to go back to 2001 and 2002, its a different story, but I doubt that will happen.

Not being negative here, but a few shows were cancelled at the end of the last tour that were never made up.  I'm just pointing this out to correct your statement.  There's no doubt in my mind that these Japanese shows will be made up.

Whatever, you know what Im saying, they completed a successful tour with a few postponements/cancelleations involved

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2007, 02:48:26 PM »

again, no cancellation.

from the first post

INJURY FORCES GUNS N' ROSES TO POSTPONE CONCERTS

Guns N' Roses have announced that they are postponing the start of their world tour which was due to start in Japan.

The Japanese concerts are being rescheduled. Guns N' Roses will be able to make their two scheduled performances headlining the MyCoke festivals in South Africa at the end of the month.

"I feel so bad right now,? explains bassist Tommy Stinson. ?I accidentally fell down a flight of stairs. I put my hand down to break my fall and heard a loud ?pop.' The next morning my hand looked like a balloon. I went to see my doctor and while the good news is that it?s not broken, the bad is news is it?s severely sprained and I may have done some ligament damage. We had our last rehearsal a few days ago and shipped the gear to Japan and then this happened. I feel horrible.

"I'd like to apologize to our Japanese fans that were looking forward to seeing us and know that we will we see you all soon. Again, we'd like to sincerely thank our fans worldwide for their patience and support."

This is from the promoter and according to them gnr would like to go there after this july.

http://www.creativeman.co.jp/2007/GNR_special/index.html

maybe it says postponed. but judging by what "postponed" meant for the US leg last year (reno, the cali shows (excl la), and tennessee...) that would mean "cancelled." those are just the facts, plain and simple.

I was about to say the same thing.  you beat me too it.

Their is a certain feeling of Deja Vu.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2007, 02:49:17 PM »

maybe it says postponed. but judging by what "postponed" meant for the US leg last year (reno, the cali shows (excl la), and tennessee...) that would mean "cancelled." those are just the facts, plain and simple.

No, they were rescheduled at first. But they decided to use January to work on the album so eventually they had to cancel those dates. You can't be in two places at once.

Portland, ME and Milwaukee, WI were cancelled.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2007, 02:50:23 PM »

I didn't mean you, I know you had plans to go to Japan so I can understand if you feel disappointed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2007, 02:50:59 PM »

I didn't mean you, I know you had plans to go to Japan so I can understand if you feel disappointed.

/jarmo

thank you

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2007, 02:51:52 PM »

Naw. ?This is different. ?That was the end of a tour. ?And THEY were postponed because the band needed to finish up the album...which they did, by the way.

This situation is the beginning of the tour...where there is plenty of time to reschedule. ?It's not like GNR has many, many months of shows on the schedule. ?There's plenty of time to make these up.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2007, 02:53:50 PM »

Did anyone stop to think that this might be an opportunity to release the album and do these shows after the album is out?

You're on to something there. Axl should take this opportunity to tie up whatever loose ends are associated with CD and get it ready for a proper release. It's a sign from God.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2007, 02:58:12 PM »

Quote from: Jim Bob on Today at 02:46:20 PM
Did anyone stop to think that this might be an opportunity to release the album and do these shows after the album is out?

You're on to something there. Axl should take this opportunity to tie up whatever loose ends are associated with CD and get it ready for a proper release. It's a sign from God.

It's statements like this that lead to alot of dissappointment.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2007, 02:59:47 PM »

well i like this theory better than "axl is lying" or "axl pushed tommy down the stairs" or any of that other nonsense.    Not everything has to be negative.

and no danny, it doesn't lead to disappoitnment, i'm just saying its possible.   just as all you whiners are saying all this other bullshit is possible, its also possible that something good comes out of something unfortunate.
Death Cube K
« Reply #210 on: April 11, 2007, 03:01:30 PM »

Shouldnt this be up at the official forum?  Roll Eyes
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #211 on: April 11, 2007, 03:01:52 PM »

Quote from: Jim Bob on Today at 02:46:20 PM

It's statements like this that lead to alot of dissappointment.

I don't think it does. and anyway if it does this band has had more statements that have lead to disappointments then any fan could make up.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #212 on: April 11, 2007, 03:02:24 PM »

just as all you whiners are saying all this other bullshit is possible, its also possible that something good comes out of something unfortunate.

Uhg. ?Please stop calling me a whiner.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #213 on: April 11, 2007, 03:03:19 PM »

just as all you whiners are saying all this other bullshit is possible, its also possible that something good comes out of something unfortunate.

Uhg.  Please stop calling me a whiner.

then stop whining.  unless you had tickets I dont see how this affects your personal life.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2007, 03:04:28 PM »

i am willing to bet that Tommy's injury will have no impact on the status of the album...i mean how could it? Undecided

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #215 on: April 11, 2007, 03:05:14 PM »

then stop whining.  unless you had tickets I dont see how this affects your personal life.

how does people whining effect you personally??

the answer is it doesn't but you choose to let it.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #216 on: April 11, 2007, 03:05:17 PM »

then stop whining. ?unless you had tickets I dont see how this affects your personal life.

What did I say that you consider whining? ?FUCK!!!!!!

And you probably didnt have tickets to these shows either...meaning this doesn't affect your personal life...meaning you probably should'nt comment either.

MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #217 on: April 11, 2007, 03:08:15 PM »

Uhg.? Please stop calling me a whiner.

then stop whining.? unless you had tickets I dont see how this affects your personal life.

We discuss plenty of shows we haven't gone to.

It's a discussion forum.

If we were only allowed to talk about the specific times we've seen the band live, then there'd be very little to talk about.

I really don't get this line of reasoning.  On one hand, you're telling people they don't have the right to discuss their disappointment because they didn't have tickets to the show.

But on the other hand, you're allowed to praise the band and make excuses for the same show even though you didn't have tickets.

Me so confused!!!   beer

Why don't they just put something on their official site?  Isn't that why they made it? 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 03:10:06 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #218 on: April 11, 2007, 03:11:30 PM »

how does people whining effect you personally??

the answer is it doesn't but you choose to let it.

well i dont come to a Guns N' Roses fan board to read everyone complaining about anything and everything.  I'm here to give the band my support.   

They launch a tour, people complain there is no album.   Some dates get postponed, people are complaining still (many are the same ones who never wanted the tour to go on in the first place). 

this sucks for the fans in Japan, and this sucks for Tommy and the band.  I doubt this is what they wanted to do.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #219 on: April 11, 2007, 03:13:17 PM »

I really don't get this line of reasoning.  On one hand, you're telling people they don't have the right to discuss their disappointment because they didn't have tickets to the show.

But on the other hand, you're allowed to praise the band and make excuses for the same show even though you didn't have tickets.

Me so confused!!!   beer

Why don't they just put something on their official site?  Isn't that why they made it? 

i'm saying if you didn't have tickets to this show, you have no reason to be pissed off.  You weren't going anyways.  Its disappointing to see this shit happen to your favorite band, but if it doesn't affect you directly, i dont see why it would upset you so much.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: