Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:08:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70871 times)
DemocracyRose
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2007, 02:17:16 PM »

Why was this news removed from the frontpage?? Undecided
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2007, 02:17:46 PM »

I just wish that something would come from somewhere more official then Blabbermouth about this.

It says "according to a press release".

Do we know who issued the press release?

The promoter in Japan?

Creativeman is the Japanese promoter.

/jarmo

Oh ok. Cool. Well, guess that's official then.

I'll see if Guns will put something on their website
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2007, 02:18:06 PM »

the news of the postponements/cancellations? should be put in the news section so people can see it right away without having to go into another section...the fans should know this...especially the ones who got screwed...me included...lucky me
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 04:22:31 PM by ibelieveinaxl » Logged

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2007, 02:22:15 PM »

again, no cancellation.

from the first post

INJURY FORCES GUNS N' ROSES TO POSTPONE CONCERTS

Guns N' Roses have announced that they are postponing the start of their world tour which was due to start in Japan.

The Japanese concerts are being rescheduled. Guns N' Roses will be able to make their two scheduled performances headlining the MyCoke festivals in South Africa at the end of the month.

"I feel so bad right now,? explains bassist Tommy Stinson. ?I accidentally fell down a flight of stairs. I put my hand down to break my fall and heard a loud ?pop.' The next morning my hand looked like a balloon. I went to see my doctor and while the good news is that it?s not broken, the bad is news is it?s severely sprained and I may have done some ligament damage. We had our last rehearsal a few days ago and shipped the gear to Japan and then this happened. I feel horrible.

"I'd like to apologize to our Japanese fans that were looking forward to seeing us and know that we will we see you all soon. Again, we'd like to sincerely thank our fans worldwide for their patience and support."

This is from the promoter and according to them gnr would like to go there after this july.

http://www.creativeman.co.jp/2007/GNR_special/index.html
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2007, 02:22:20 PM »

Man, I can not believe this!!! Do some of you need to see a picture - on the GNR's website - of Tommy's sprained wrist to believe that's true?!?

And, even if a picture of Tommy's sprained wrist were posted on the official website, I'm SURE that some of you would say it's photoshoped!!

I can't believe you call yourselves "fans"...GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!!!

Tommy, get well soon!  ok

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2007, 02:28:01 PM »

Man, I can not believe this!!! Do some of you need to see a picture - on the GNR's website - of Tommy's sprained wrist to believe that's true?!?

And, even if a picture of Tommy's sprained wrist were posted on the official website, I'm SURE that some of you would say it's photoshoped!!

what's with all the anger sir? Do you need a nap??

Somebody take you milk money???

get well soon Tommy.

remember waking your meat sir. might not be that good for the sprained wrist!!! ok

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2007, 02:28:14 PM »

Tommy, get well soon!? ok

Just curious... what exactly do you think the official site is for, if not getting out official word of what's going on with the band?

If some Japanese kid hears that the show is cancelled, the first thing he's going to do is check the band's site. ?

Over and over again, Axl and the band have told us to check the OFFICIAL site for OFFICIAL updates. ?Is it unreasonable to expect them to uphold their end of that agreement?

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2007, 02:28:46 PM »

Why was this news removed from the frontpage?? Undecided

good question?  could there be hope for the shows ??

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2007, 02:30:44 PM »

Just curious... what exactly do you think the official site is for, if not getting out official word of what's going on with the band?

If some Japanese kid hears that the show is cancelled, the first thing he's going to do is check the band's site. 

Over and over again, Axl and the band have told us to check the OFFICIAL site for OFFICIAL updates.  Is it unreasonable to expect them to uphold their end of that agreement?

good point right there.still waiting to see this on the band official site.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #189 on: April 11, 2007, 02:31:10 PM »

If some Japanese kid hears that the show is cancelled, the first thing he's going to do is check the band's site. 

If it was in japanese.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2007, 02:36:09 PM »

Honestly, if its postponed then its postponed.  Im sure they'll be an update on the site and if theres not then who knows. but nothing we can do about it.

mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2007, 02:37:51 PM »

Fuck! Here we go all over again!!!!! We gotta love the drama of being a Guns N Roses fan!

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2007, 02:39:50 PM »

I agree that it has to be on the band's official website, after all, it's the BAND'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE.

I'm pissed because I can't believe that someone would think that the band created a fake situation just so there would be a reason for them to don't go play in Japan, or whatever. I mean, tommy is a person just like us, he can fall down and hurt his wrist! If you don't like it, go talk with Isaac Newton!

Shit happens, we move on!! And it's not like the tour got canceled, on the press-release it says that the band is postponing the beginning of the tour...that's all!

If some japanese kid get mad with this, he/she can just take his/her ticket money back and move on!

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2007, 02:40:10 PM »

Fuck! Here we go all over again!!!!! We gotta love the drama of being a Guns N Roses fan!

HEY! ?At least this gets us thinking about something other than not listening to the album. ?Plus, maybe this extra time will mean that the tour will be changed to the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

I don't know. ?I'm just spit-balling here.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2007, 02:42:37 PM »

remember they did postpone and make up shows during the 06 Euro Tour and they did postpone the start date to the 06 NA Tour, so there is no reason to actually believe they wont come through again.  Now if you want to go back to 2001 and 2002, its a different story, but I doubt that will happen.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2007, 02:44:41 PM »

Most of you need to calm down.

It's like all of a sudden this board is full of people who have tickets to the Japanese shows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2007, 02:44:58 PM »

remember they did postpone and make up shows during the 06 Euro Tour and they did postpone the start date to the 06 NA Tour, so there is no reason to actually believe they wont come through again. ?Now if you want to go back to 2001 and 2002, its a different story, but I doubt that will happen.

Not being negative here, but a few shows were cancelled at the end of the last tour that were never made up. ?I'm just pointing this out to correct your statement. ?There's no doubt in my mind that these Japanese shows will be made up.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2007, 02:45:15 PM »

again, no cancellation.

from the first post

Guns N' Roses have announced that they are postponing the start of their world tour which was due to start in Japan.

The Japanese concerts are being rescheduled. Guns N' Roses will be able to make their two scheduled performances headlining the MyCoke festivals in South Africa at the end of the month.

"I feel so bad right now,” explains bassist Tommy Stinson. “I accidentally fell down a flight of stairs. I put my hand down to break my fall and heard a loud ‘pop.' The next morning my hand looked like a balloon. I went to see my doctor and while the good news is that it’s not broken, the bad is news is it’s severely sprained and I may have done some ligament damage. We had our last rehearsal a few days ago and shipped the gear to Japan and then this happened. I feel horrible.

"I'd like to apologize to our Japanese fans that were looking forward to seeing us and know that we will we see you all soon. Again, we'd like to sincerely thank our fans worldwide for their patience and support."

This is from the promoter and according to them gnr would like to go there after this july.

on the other hands, some recent dates have been rescheduled ... but never played ... so let's wait till they are officialy rescheduled .

PEACE !

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2007, 02:45:30 PM »

again, no cancellation.

from the first post

"I feel so bad right now,? explains bassist Tommy Stinson. ?I accidentally fell down a flight of stairs. I put my hand down to break my fall and heard a loud ?pop.' The next morning my hand looked like a balloon. I went to see my doctor and while the good news is that it?s not broken, the bad is news is it?s severely sprained and I may have done some ligament damage. We had our last rehearsal a few days ago and shipped the gear to Japan and then this happened. I feel horrible.

maybe it says postponed. but judging by what "postponed" meant for the US leg last year (reno, the cali shows (excl la), and tennessee...) that would mean "cancelled." those are just the facts, plain and simple.

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2007, 02:46:20 PM »

Did anyone stop to think that this might be an opportunity to release the album and do these shows after the album is out?

everyone always assumes the worst and no matter what, they are lying.  they are damned if they do, damned if they don't.    most of the "complainers" in this thread were also complaining about the fact that they were touring without an album.     

and you wonder why axl doesn't want to communicate with the fans much?  can you blame him?  you all are a bunch of ungreatful whiny fucks who accuse him of everything.  I would feel alienated from my fans too.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: