Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:54:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70838 times)
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2007, 01:29:51 PM »

Tommy's sprained wrist = Buckethead's mystery stomach ailment.

Hey Axl!? You don't think we actually believe this shit do you?

Guess Buckethead never left.

Guess they really didn't work jack squat on the album last January.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2007, 01:31:16 PM »

get well soon man...and get your asses to the STATES!
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2007, 01:34:12 PM »

while the lastest news delays the tour..
it should allow the band more time to get the mixing finished..
every cloud has a silver lining  ok
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2007, 01:35:20 PM »

Lol at muthergoose luvr.  Too bad your post got deleted. 

We have nothing to worry about people.  Gunsnroses.com says the tour is on.  Check it out!

Hey Axl!  You don't think we actually believe this shit do you?

Why would you worry anyway?  Were you attending any of the shows?
BeefyD
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2007, 01:36:08 PM »

That's the reality of the situation, which seems to be beyond some people posting in this thread.

Guess I should thank god for small mercies - no poster has yet blamed Tommy for being an asshole, because he missed a show because of a death in the family and now he had the decency to hurt himself just before the Japanese dates. Just the usual routine; Axl fucking things up.

How many shows did Gn'R cancel in 1987 after Steve broke his arm before getting Fred Coury from Cinderella to cover for him?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2007, 01:36:20 PM »

Lol at muthergoose luvr.? Too bad your post got deleted.?

We have nothing to worry about people.? Gunsnroses.com says the tour is on.? Check it out!

I've read this theory alot today. I'm not sure I'm ready to believe it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2007, 01:36:34 PM »

You don't think we actually believe this shit do you

I do. cut the crap already.

bh was out. the show was canceled.

tommy(get well soon) is in and injured and the shows are being rescheduled. they're up to many other shows.

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2007, 01:38:46 PM »

hmm first couple of dates cancelled well that just sucks...anyway here's to a successful continuation of the tour ?beer

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2007, 01:42:32 PM »

How about burying some bad news with good (album update hint hint)

Here today...ready to rock
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2007, 01:43:13 PM »

Lol at muthergoose luvr.? Too bad your post got deleted.?

We have nothing to worry about people.? Gunsnroses.com says the tour is on.? Check it out!

Why would you worry anyway?? Were you attending any of the shows?

He's just worried about all the japanese fans who are missing out on guns....don't you see that ?Wink
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2007, 01:51:27 PM »

is it just me or comparing the postponement of rock shows to war (killing) doesn't make sense and is plain silly.

Lol at muthergoose luvr.  Too bad your post got deleted. 

We have nothing to worry about people.  Gunsnroses.com says the tour is on.  Check it out!

Why would you worry anyway?  Were you attending any of the shows?

He's just worried about all the japanese fans who are missing out on guns....don't you see that  Wink

I find an answer from a japanese fan in another thread.
see how replaceable gnr bassist is. Wink

Are you alright Tommy ??
I wanted to see your new suits... Cry

get well sooooon !!!! Wink

thanks hiromi.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 01:54:37 PM by ppbebe » Logged
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2007, 01:56:14 PM »

That's the reality of the situation, which seems to be beyond some people posting in this thread.

Guess I should thank god for small mercies - no poster has yet blamed Tommy for being an asshole, because he missed a show because of a death in the family and now he had the decency to hurt himself just before the Japanese dates. Just the usual routine; Axl fucking things up.

How many shows did Gn'R cancel in 1987 after Steve broke his arm before getting Fred Coury from Cinderella to cover for him?

Steve broke his wrist. It takes months for a broken bone to heal. Its a totally different story. They werent just gonna cancel the whole tour. Tommy' s hand is just sprained. If he rests it then it should heal fine in two weeks. Why do shows with a temporary replacement, better to postpone and give the fans the right show.
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2007, 01:58:30 PM »

Guess Buckethead never left.

Guess they really didn't work jack squat on the album last January.

I don't think Bucket had left the band at that point.  It was another delay due to um let me think - oh yeah Axl.  But Axl's decision to use Bucket as an excuse for the '04 cancellation didn't help their relationship.  I'd be pissed enough to leave too. 

On topic:

I hope there is no deception behind this latest delay.  I do like Tommy and I don't think he'd allow himself to get quoted lying to the fans.  But its Axl's fault that people question the validity of everything surrounding Guns N' Roses.  There have been so many coincidences and poorly timed maladies over the years that some unknown percentage is pure bullshit. 

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
DemocracyRose
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2007, 01:58:37 PM »

Yeah bad news but atleast they still gonna play the SA dates and maybe this will give Axl some extra time to finish up CD...

But didnt Bumble say that if its not on GNR.com then dont believe it... Wink
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2007, 01:59:09 PM »

Do we know who WAS going to be opening these shows?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2007, 02:01:29 PM »

Do we know who WAS going to be opening these shows?

Nah, no one had been announced yet.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #176 on: April 11, 2007, 02:02:51 PM »

Steve broke his wrist. It takes months for a broken bone to heal. Its a totally different story. They werent just gonna cancel the whole tour. Tommy' s hand is just sprained. If he rests it then it should heal fine in two weeks. Why do shows with a temporary replacement, better to postpone and give the fans the right show.

Thank you for that.

I'll throw in an old Duff interview concerning the Adler/Coury situation:

'This wasn't the first time the band had to deal with substitutes, since drummer Steven Adler was out for several weeks with a broken hand, replaced by Cinderella's Fred Coury. "That was very strange," Duff recalls of playing with someone different in the rhythm section. "Freddy is a great drummer, but every drummer has a different feel, and even if he's playing exactly what Stevie's doing on the record, it's not the same."'

- Circus Magazine

Go ahead and compare the Brain/Frank situation to it. Again, it's a different story, Frank had a chance to understudy and augment his own sound with the band prior to his first live appearance.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2007, 02:03:20 PM »

my condolences go out to Japanese fans who were looking forward to this set of concerts.....especially those who were going to see gnr for the first time...

here's hoping that the South African dates don't get affected, and I hope that Tommy gets better soon....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2007, 02:07:42 PM »

Thank you for that.

I'll throw in an old Duff interview concerning the Adler/Coury situation:

'This wasn't the first time the band had to deal with substitutes, since drummer Steven Adler was out for several weeks with a broken hand, replaced by Cinderella's Fred Coury. "That was very strange," Duff recalls of playing with someone different in the rhythm section. "Freddy is a great drummer, but every drummer has a different feel, and even if he's playing exactly what Stevie's doing on the record, it's not the same."'

- Circus Magazine

Go ahead and compare the Brain/Frank situation to it. Again, it's a different story, Frank had a chance to understudy and augment his own sound with the band prior to his first live appearance.

No problem...oh and by the way...thank you Duff. ok
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2007, 02:12:27 PM »

Jarmo, are we not allowed to notice how awful the GNR official page is?

If so, just please post something letting everyone know that we should continue to pretend like the official site is good for something other than buying overpriced merch and getting spam from MLB.

Seriously though, why the fuck don't they just pay Jarmo to do it?  He'd do a great job of keeping their site updated.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: