Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:46:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70815 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2007, 11:21:43 AM »

I didn't talk about you, did I?

You said "you ALL complained".  So yeah...you did.

Be more specific.
I wasn't talking about every single fan here, but rather the ones who keep complaining about every single stuff. I'm sorry if you felt harmed, but it's not like I need to draw it to explain...

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2007, 11:22:53 AM »

I wasn't talking about every single fan here, but rather the ones who keep complaining about every single stuff. I'm sorry if you felt harmed, but it's not like I need to draw it to explain...

Fair enough.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2007, 11:23:34 AM »

No, it's a BAND, not a brand. Like jarmo said, you all complained about not being a band, now you doesn't want to be like that.

No.  That is just wrong.  We did not ALL complain about them not being a band.  We simply ALL did not.  I never did, so therefor your statement is 100% false.

No, you just basically complain about everything else.  Roll Eyes

Even when it doesn't affect your day to day life one bit.

Funny how you claim you're not one of those whiny fans, but every time something happens, you're there posting your theories. Which usually means, it's just negative shit.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2007, 11:24:22 AM »

Adler broke his hand during the first AFD tour ... they easily replaced him.... (altho thats not that hard )

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2007, 11:24:31 AM »

Yeah well I tried to see Aerosmith LAST YEAR, and the tickets were well over a hundred bucks. And I'm not saying GN'R kept them "low," I'm saying that the tickets in general were not that expensive. I went to three shows last year and I have a minimum wage job, pay car insurance and college and the whole enchalada, and my wallet was still comfortable.

Yeah.  I don't think they were that expensive either.  However, my point is that they didn't tour last year JUST as a favor for the fans.  Can you just admit that please?

I never said that. ok
My whole trip is that the tickets werent expensive.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2007, 11:25:55 AM »

No, you just basically complain about everything else.?

Funny how you claim you're not one of those whiny fans, but every time something happens, you're there posting your theories. Which usually means, it's just negative shit.

/jarmo

Like when I said that the show I saw in December was the best concert I've been to in my life?

And I don't think that the shows in Japan being cancelled affect the day to day life of any of the people here who are not "complaining", either.

And P.S.  Give me some GOOD news and I'll post my possitive theories, OK?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:30:51 AM by Danny » Logged

fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2007, 11:31:06 AM »

good to see everything is back to mormal around here. tour is cancelled, we are more then a month past the "tentative" date with no new news, and jarmo is talking shit to fellow fans. all's well in GnR world.

hope tommy gets well soon, really like the guy.

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2007, 11:34:43 AM »

No, you just basically complain about everything else. 

/jarmo

Like when I said that the show I saw in December was the best concert I've been to in my life?

And I don't think that the shows in Japan being cancelled affect the day to day life of any of the people here who are not "complaining", either.

And P.S.  Give me some GOOD news and I'll post my possitive theories, OK?

So because you enjoyed the show you get a free pass to spend the rest of the time complaining?

Didn't we just have this discussion a few weeks ago? You're back to your old tricks again as far as I can tell......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2007, 11:37:21 AM »

I have a hard time believeing it. sorry. "falling down the stairs"? thats as bad an excuse as dog eating your homework.

Right, because no-one has ever fallen down some stairs. That never happens. I guess Tommy should have used his rockstar superpowers to cushion the fall.

Its SO easy to find a replacement bassist.

Sure, if you don't mind the first performances of your "world tour" being at the mercy of a last-minute fill-in. Maybe they could squeek-by - I'm sure that the media and the internet fans wouldn't mind if they put on a few bad shows, it's hardly as if they're all glued to their computers waiting for an opportunity to bitch about the band. 
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2007, 11:38:22 AM »

what is up with this place?HuhHuh ?even jarmo is joining in with the arguments!!! ? i thought this place was for NEWS n DISCUSSION not BITCHING TEENS

edit.  get well soon general stinson

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2007, 11:40:36 AM »

So because you enjoyed the show you get a free pass to spend the rest of the time complaining?

Didn't we just have this discussion a few weeks ago? You're back to your old tricks again as far as I can tell......

/jarmo

Jarmo. ?Dude. ?I didn't complain. ?I'm not up to my "old tricks" (whatever the hell that means). ?The start of a tour has been cancelled (again). ?It sucks. ?I am saying "that sucks". ?It's that simple. ?Other people are saying "this sucks...get well Tommy". ? So, if I say "get well Tommy" am I off the hook? ?Ok then...well...GET WELL TOMMY! ?SORRY YOU HURT YOUR HAND!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2007, 11:44:36 AM »

Jarmo.  Dude.  I didn't complain.  I'm not up to my "old tricks" (whatever the hell that means).  The start of a tour has been cancelled (again).  It sucks.  I am saying "that sucks".  It's that simple. 

What the fuck is this then?

I could have sworn they just did a show without Tommy Stinson on bass. 

They did two songs without Tommy.

Not a two hour set.

/jarmo

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2007, 11:50:37 AM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 11:40:36 AM
Jarmo.? Dude.? I didn't complain.? I'm not up to my "old tricks" (whatever the hell that means).? The start of a tour has been cancelled (again).? It sucks.? I am saying "that sucks".? It's that simple.?

What the fuck is this then?

Quote from: Danny on Today at 09:03:26 AM
I could have sworn they just did a show without Tommy Stinson on bass.?

They did two songs without Tommy.

Not a two hour set.

/jarmo

Well, it sure as hell isn't a complaint.? That's for sure.? I was just saying, they did a show (admittedly a very, very short show) without Tommy.? Now they are cancelling the start of a tour because he's unavailable due to injury.? I was just pointing out how it's a weird coincidence.? I was not complaining in any way, shape, or form.? I wasn't saying that it's bullshit that Tommy hurt himself.? I wasn't saying that the band is lying to us.? I was just pointing out how it's a weird coincidence.? It's that simple.?

It's almost like you are looking at everything I post and WANTING it to be in some way negative to the band.? It's not in any way at all, OK.

And please, please, PLEASE dont come-back with something like "well, when everything you say is so negative, that's why we assume your being negative here".? That is simply a BS argument and very, very blind.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2007, 11:52:57 AM »

So, you're not trying to say they should just replace him like all the other "objective" fans?

I'm sorry, but that's the impression I got from your post.

I mean, if you think it's ok to postpone shows when somebody can't be there, then I guess you wouldn't say stuff like "but they played a show with a replacement player in XXXX".....

/jarmo

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2007, 11:55:17 AM »

what do you call playing over 80 shows around the world last year ?

they did it for the fans.

Tell that to my bank account.

You're not forced to go.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2007, 12:01:01 PM »

I mean, if you think it's ok to postpone shows when somebody can't be there, then I guess you wouldn't say stuff like "but they played a show with a replacement player in XXXX".....

I don't know.  I probably would'nt.  It really depends on the situation, I guess.

In general, I don't like replacement players at all.  This whole drummer thing is uncomfortable to me...not because we have a replacement drummer, but because we don't know what the real status is of the drummer he's replacing.  And thinking back even further, the show where Baz finished up with PC, that would not have been a decision I would have made.  That was a replacement...and a bad one...just for one song, even.  I would have just finished the shw early.  But again, that's just my opinion.

As far as this surrent situation, here is my opinion:  Tommy is hurt.  I personally don't think that would stop me from enjoying a show if they had a replacement.  However, the band thinks it would affect their performance.  So, if they think that, they are the ones who are putting on the show.  It's their decision to make.  Case closed.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2007, 12:02:48 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 10:50:45 AM
what do you call playing over 80 shows around the world last year ?

they did it for the fans.

Tell that to my bank account.

You're not forced to go.

Did I say I was?  I am going to spell this out a simply as possible:

GNR does NOT tour JUST FOR THE FANS and for NO OTHER REASON.  No band does, and no band should.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2007, 12:07:50 PM »

I just wish that something would come from somewhere more official then Blabbermouth about this.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Mr. Mustard
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2007, 12:16:19 PM »

With so many more band members than 'classic' Guns had back in the day, I wonder if Jarmo and company like sucking the extra dicks or if it just adds up to more work at the end of the day.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2007, 12:17:53 PM »

With so many more band members than 'classic' Guns had back in the day, I wonder if Jarmo and company like sucking the extra dicks or if it just adds up to more work at the end of the day.

9th post and you say something like this?  Yeah.  You'll be here for a long time.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: