Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:42:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70797 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2007, 11:00:25 AM »

what do you call playing over 80 shows around the world last year ?

they did it for the fans.

Tell that to my bank account.

I hate people like you.
Seriously, I do.
I think the way of thinking everything is about money is a birth defect.

You must still live with your parents.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2007, 11:01:30 AM »

Lets say the conspiracy theories are true....

So, they're still playing their dates at the end of the month.

And at the worst, they lied to get themselves more time to finish this album.

Are there that many fans on here who were going to the Japanese shows? ?Yeah I want to see the band being active, but these theories/complaining don't make sense. ?You would really be mad if they were covering up the fact that they needed 2 more weeks to finish this album? ?And your mad they cancelled a leg of the tour you won't be seeing?

On Edit:  That being said, if this is true, GnR really needs to come forward and give a candid interview or press release.  Fill the fans in.  I know "its the bands business", but in this day and age succesful artists have to embrace the newfound intimacy between celebs and their fans.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:04:01 AM by CVBTank » Logged
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2007, 11:01:50 AM »

Thank god all Tommy injured was his hand and he didn't break his neck or worse.

Everyone on here is so selfish.

Whine, bitch, whine.

Not one person on here stopped to think how GNR actually feel about this.

You think they are glad that this happened?

You think someone in the band is saying "oh I hope so and so has an injury so we can once again delay shit and piss off our fans?"

Give it a rest. 

I hope Tommy is okay and that things get going again but his recovery is what is important right now.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:04:38 AM by spaghetti_incident » Logged
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2007, 11:03:11 AM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 10:50:45 AM

I hate people like you.
Seriously, I do.

I don't think everything is about money...but I definately don't think that the ONLY reason they toured and did over 80 shows was just for the fans. ?That's beyond stupid. ?If it was the case, the shows would have been a helluva lot cheaper then they were.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2007, 11:04:36 AM »

And at the worst, they lied to get themselves more time to finish this album.

This can't be it.  They don't need more time to finish the album.  The album is finished, remember?

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2007, 11:05:15 AM »

Here's the thing with GNR, it doesn't matter if it's true or not.  If the only thing that is true is the band has to postpone the shows, then its almost natural for fans to assume the worst.  After 2002, many fans lost alot of trust in the band, while in 2006 they were perfect, but it's still tough for some to get over.  Don't forget they had a European tour in 2001 cancelled. But the first shows of the 2006 NA tour were postoned too.   
If is wrist is sprained it should only take a week or 2 to heal, so it's not the end of the world.  Chris Pittman playing bass for 2 songs and playing bass for 5 shows is completely different, besides fans of this band want to see Tommy play.
I think the best thing the band can do to ensure the fans trust is, obviously announce the postponement, confirm the Australian dates, and give a CD update in their official press release.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2007, 11:06:16 AM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 10:50:45 AM

I hate people like you.
Seriously, I do.

I don't think everything is about money...but I definately don't think that the ONLY reason they toured and did over 80 shows was just for the fans.  That's beyond stupid.  If it was the case, the shows would have been a helluva lot cheaper then they were.

Guns N' Roses are cheap for a band of that stature. Go and try to see Aerosmith or someone in the same league as Guns and you're gonna pay well over 100 bucks.
Annie
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2007, 11:09:45 AM »

Tommy I feel so bad for you! Get your hand better!!! ?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2007, 11:10:08 AM »

How come nothing on the OFFICIAL website about this??

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2007, 11:11:44 AM »

Guns N' Roses are cheap for a band of that stature. Go and try to see Aerosmith or someone in the same league as Guns and you're gonna pay well over 100 bucks.

You're kidding, right? ?I happened to see Aerosmith at the same venue that I saw GNR at last year a few years back. ?I'm not a huge Aerosmith fan, but I went because I had nothing better to do that night and the tickets were pretty cheap.

Besides that, a band's "stature" is relative. ?

And besides THAT, are you saying that GNR specifically kept ticket prices "low" as a way to be good to their fans? ?This is the first I've heard about that.

AxlCorey
Opening Act

Ba ba booey

« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2007, 11:11:53 AM »

Steven Tyler is touring with the original Aerosmith. ?GN'R's would be charging a lot more if it was Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2007, 11:12:23 AM »

I'm glad they decided to postpone these shows rather than play without Tommy.

It wouldn't be the same without him.

He's such an important part of the band, anyone who says "they should have a backup" is just looking for any reason to bash this band.... they get no credit for fixing the Brain situation so fast, this left them with literally days before Japan to fix things. Give them a break, for once.

Stop thinking you are owed something.

To Danny: Fuck you and your bank account. Seriously, you are so fucking pathetic, I wouldn't be surprised  if you wake up every morning in HOPES that there is some news for you to start bashing and spinning to make it look more like YOUR some sort of genius who always knows whats best for the band.... even though most of us have already figured out that it's either the GNR way or no way at all, deal with it or go listen to some Hootie and The Blowfish.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2007, 11:12:54 AM »

How come nothing on the OFFICIAL website about this??

Because Tommy's in charge of updating the website. ?He's having a hard time typing with his hand in a sling.

Just kidding.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2007, 11:14:51 AM »

To Danny: Fuck you and your bank account. Seriously, you are so fucking pathetic, I wouldn't be surprised  if you wake up every morning in HOPES that there is some news for you to start bashing and spinning to make it look more like YOUR some sort of genius who always knows whats best for the band.... even though most of us have already figured out that it's either the GNR way or no way at all, deal with it or go listen to some Hootie and The Blowfish.

Dude...calm down.  Seriously.  I'm not bashing, I'm not spinning.  I am simply pointing out that the band did NOT tour last year just as a favor of the fans.  That is absolutely ridiculous.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2007, 11:15:41 AM »

Well, Im gonna see Aerosmith tomorrow and I payed a lot for this. Not that cheap here.

Anyways...

Who knows how many employees are employed by Axl/GNR....you can't deny at this point Guns N' Roses is a 'brand'.  It's just a comparison anyway, although in my opinion a realistic one.
No, it's a BAND, not a brand. Like jarmo said, you all complained about not being a band, now you don't want to be like that. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:18:20 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2007, 11:17:07 AM »

No, it's a BAND, not a brand. Like jarmo said, you all complained about not being a band, now you doesn't want to be like that.

No.  That is just wrong.  We did not ALL complain about them not being a band.  We simply ALL did not.  I never did, so therefor your statement is 100% false.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2007, 11:18:45 AM »

I didn't talk about you, did I?

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2007, 11:19:48 AM »

I didn't talk about you, did I?

You said "you ALL complained".  So yeah...you did.

Be more specific.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2007, 11:19:54 AM »

You're kidding, right?  I happened to see Aerosmith at the same venue that I saw GNR at last year a few years back.  I'm not a huge Aerosmith fan, but I went because I had nothing better to do that night and the tickets were pretty cheap.

Besides that, a band's "stature" is relative. 

And besides THAT, are you saying that GNR specifically kept ticket prices "low" as a way to be good to their fans?  This is the first I've heard about that.

Yeah well I tried to see Aerosmith LAST YEAR, and the tickets were well over a hundred bucks. And I'm not saying GN'R kept them "low," I'm saying that the tickets in general were not that expensive. I went to three shows last year and I have a minimum wage job, pay car insurance and college and the whole enchalada, and my wallet was still comfortable.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2007, 11:21:20 AM »

Yeah well I tried to see Aerosmith LAST YEAR, and the tickets were well over a hundred bucks. And I'm not saying GN'R kept them "low," I'm saying that the tickets in general were not that expensive. I went to three shows last year and I have a minimum wage job, pay car insurance and college and the whole enchalada, and my wallet was still comfortable.

Yeah.  I don't think they were that expensive either.  However, my point is that they didn't tour last year JUST as a favor for the fans.  Can you just admit that please?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: