Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:54:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70838 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2007, 09:16:22 AM »

I wonder if this is the "suprise" Axl was talking about in the interview.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2007, 09:23:22 AM »

Its SO easy to find a replacement bassist. its not like hes an original member.
But it's NOT SO easy to find a replacement bassist for an original member of The Replacements who is the replacement for the original bassist for GNR.? hihi

Get Well Soon, Tommy. ? Kiss

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2007, 09:24:41 AM »

This is just unbeliavable, just so Guns N Roses. Hope Tommy gets okay !

And I hope Japanese fans don't lose their patience... *ahem*

What next ? More finishing touches ?
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2007, 09:25:15 AM »

True or not. Once again, GNR sinks to the ocassion . . . They cancel way too many concerts.

Well that's bullshit.

I guarantee that if GNR wanted to play in Japan, they could get a replacement bassist in time. There are lots of professional musicians out there that would jump at the chance to fill in. If you don't play an instrument yourself, you may not realize there are really musicians out there that could learn songs in hours. It might not be the same as how Duff or Tommy might play "Welcome to the Jungle", but hell . . . fans would understand.

Well you may not realise that in a band if you lose one of your members especially one of the rhythm section it's really quite different if you have someone 'fill in'.
Adding to the fact they haven't just lost their bass player but also musical director of the last 10 years.

Are you saying GNR doesn't have an excessive number of cancellations? Perhaps, you don't remember January 2007. Remember when Buckethead came down with a stomach ailment in 2001 cancelling the European Tour? Nevermind 2002 or 2004.

John Entwistle, bassist of the Who drops dead June 27, 2004. The Who are playing again July 3, 2004 with Pino Pallidino on bass. Case closed. They would've started sooner if it wasn't for the funeral.

Back in GNR's heyday they got replacement musicians on short notice. Fred Coury of Cinderella substituted for Steve Adler on short notice in 1988. Another rhythm replacement. Oh yeah, and Frank Ferrer substituted for Brain on short notice. Need I go on!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:31:27 AM by alternativemonkey » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2007, 09:25:25 AM »

What next ? More finishing touches ?

I sure hope so
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2007, 09:35:20 AM »

Yeah this injury is fn painful.  I tore ligaments in my ankle a few years ago and was sidelined for about 3 months.  Severe sprains can be worse than broken bones.  Japan will have to wait until "the General" is healed to see GNR again which kinda sucks but ...SHIT HAPPENS.  Get well Tommy Boy.
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2007, 09:38:36 AM »

I have a hard time believeing it. sorry. "falling down the stairs"? thats as bad an excuse as dog eating your homework.

My bet is they postponed the japanese tour to finsih up chinese democracy. They couldnt use the same excuse twice could they? had to mix it up!

Guess What? I actually tore ligaments at a Primus Concert in NYC by...Falling down the stairs.  Had one too many drinks beer
spyder8739
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2007, 09:45:35 AM »

I have a hard time believeing it. sorry. "falling down the stairs"? thats as bad an excuse as dog eating your homework.

My bet is they postponed the japanese tour to finsih up chinese democracy. They couldnt use the same excuse twice could they? had to mix it up!

Guess What? I actually tore ligaments at a Primus Concert in NYC by...Falling down the stairs.  Had one too many drinks beer

Yeah, shit happens.  You really think they would make this kind of shit up?
*ReON!*
Opening Act

History from a Future Age r0x.

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2007, 09:46:29 AM »

This is just unbelievable. ?True or not, the fact is that GnR should stop cancelling concerts for nothing...just like someone written up there.

Get well soon Tommy !
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »

this sucks, well now they can do shit with cd.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2007, 10:03:18 AM »

this sucks, well now they can do shit with cd.

yeah they can, recording is done, they just can't play shows.. they could even shoot a video...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2007, 10:03:32 AM »

Sorry. ?I still don't beleive these shows are cancelled. ?Axl and the band has told us numorous times that the best place to get information regarding GNR is gunsnroses.com. ?I look there and all I see is the announcement about the tour.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
slashBOG
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2007, 10:09:55 AM »

man,, what a way to start the day.. bad news.. but still.. as far as i'm concerned , i will not believe this until I see it on gunsnroses.com ..  crying
SADIS
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2007, 10:10:35 AM »

Man, this is getting more ridiculous by the week. I mean, come on! A bass player is pretty easy to replace, and it's not as if Tommy is a member that all the Japanese fans are desperately waiting for. And he can still be the musical director without actually playing bass, his mouth is still working.

This sounds like bogus to me; if true. I think that GnR should really come forward with a statement about everything, this way they keep losing credibility, and there's not much left.
axlnyc
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2007, 10:15:39 AM »

^^^^ yeah what he said!  This isn't verified yet, not until a 'statement' is posted on gunsnroses.com.

81688-NJ
61791-LI, NY
120991-MSG
121391-MSG
71892-NJ
72992-NJ
30693-CT
120502-MSG
51206-NYC
51506-NYC
51706-NYC
110506-NJ
111006-MSG
111711-NJ
111911-CT
112611-NJ
2/10/12-NYC
2/12/12-
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2007, 10:18:38 AM »

see what years of silence and half truths does to a fanbase? A guy gets hurt and we cant even trust the damn news...WTF Undecided

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2007, 10:27:22 AM »

Why do u all blame GNR, like THIS SUCKS they can replace him anytime, like they did last with Chris.

this happened this weak, the tour starts this weekend, anyone know how hard to find someone before that time,  letting him learn all the songs(new ones through a computer given by AX)

this is just an injury he'll be better in the couple of days, and the man's right wait till there's something on GNR.com or else the tour is just going to happen.

this could happen to anybody.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2007, 10:28:16 AM »

well, i dont belive it before www.gunsnroses.com says something... so.. lets not take this for fact yet..  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2007, 10:35:21 AM »

So you pieces of shit are blaming guns n' roses for something that tommy did ?

pathetic.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2007, 10:36:50 AM »

I'm really hoping that the theories floating around about the similarities between the Tommy situation and the BH illness are not true at all.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: