Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:59:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Injury Forces Guns N' Roses To Postpone Concerts  (Read 70850 times)
Estranged28
Opening Act

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2007, 07:56:52 AM »

Let the conspiracy theories begin...

Any other band, people would think Tommy is injured and recovering.

This band, specualtion will run until the album drops!

"But times are hard, our thrills are cheaper.? As your arms get shorter, your pockets get deeper!"
randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2007, 08:05:43 AM »

that is some bad luck dude! no

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2007, 08:19:47 AM »

In the next few days, you'll hear from the Pigeons of Shit Metal thet Tommy broke his hand by punching Axl while the rest of the bad booed and threw their instruments at them.

i think there was more to that story than we were told.. not saying axl and tommy got into a fist fight, but i think there was an issue maybe on going between the two

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2007, 08:24:21 AM »

Where's Jarmo??
We need confirmation.  yes
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2007, 08:38:56 AM »

Damn it! It?s like GNR?s plans always are fucked for one reason or another.

Anyways, I wish Tommy my best wishes and a good recovery love

EDIT: This isn?t in the official site yet.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:40:35 AM by November_Rain » Logged

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2007, 08:45:49 AM »

I have a hard time believeing it. sorry. "falling down the stairs"? thats as bad an excuse as dog eating your homework.

My bet is they postponed the japanese tour to finsih up chinese democracy. They couldnt use the same excuse twice could they? had to mix it up!
Vargas
Opening Act

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2007, 08:47:48 AM »

Oh Damm it!  no

Brazilian GN'R Forum:
PERFECT CRIME GN'R
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2007, 08:52:02 AM »

I have a hard time believeing it. sorry. "falling down the stairs"? thats as bad an excuse as dog eating your homework.

My bet is they postponed the japanese tour to finsih up chinese democracy. They couldnt use the same excuse twice could they? had to mix it up!

if it is in fact like you are saying, that it might be to finish up CD, I think it's great that tommy is the one saying that it is because of him it get postponed. so that axl wont get blamed..

although i hope that it aint true at all
sandman
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2007, 08:53:27 AM »

i was thinking that but would they really lie??? i don't know. maybe, the stakes are high.

i hope it's not true.

and if it is, i hope it's not drug related (since Tommy has a history of drug use).

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2007, 08:54:32 AM »

True or not. Once again, GNR sinks to the ocassion . . . They cancel way too many concerts.

I guarantee that if GNR wanted to play in Japan, they could get a replacement bassist in time. There are lots of professional musicians out there that would jump at the chance to fill in. If you don't play an instrument yourself, you may not realize there are really musicians out there that could learn songs in hours. It might not be the same as how Duff or Tommy might play "Welcome to the Jungle", but hell . . . fans would understand.

Come on Axl . . . take a chance for once!
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2007, 08:56:23 AM »

True or not. Once again, GNR sinks to the ocassion . . . They cancel way too many concerts.

I guarantee that if GNR wanted to play in Japan, they could get a replacement bassist in time. There are lots of professional musicians out there that would jump at the chance to fill in. If you don't play an instrument yourself, you may not realize there are really musicians out there that could learn songs in hours. It might not be the same as how Duff or Tommy might play "Welcome to the Jungle", but hell . . . fans would understand.

it's really not that simple.
and "take a chance for once?"
axl is taking the biggest chance in rock n' roll history with this project!

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
guns_n_motley
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2007, 08:58:04 AM »

Exactly, thats why I think the reason is to finish chinese democracy. Its SO easy to find a replacement bassist. its not like hes an original member. Heck, when Tommy lee broke his hand, Motley crue still did like 1-3 shows without him.(he was there he just didnt play).

they could easily strap a bass on pitman
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2007, 09:00:35 AM »

Well that's bullshit.

Well you may not realise that in a band if you lose one of your members especially one of the rhythm section it's really quite different if you have someone 'fill in'.
Adding to the fact they haven't just lost their bass player but also musical director of the last 10 years.

Exactly, thats why I think the reason is to finish chinese democracy. Its SO easy to find a replacement bassist. its not like hes an original member. Heck, when Tommy lee broke his hand, Motley crue still did like 1-3 shows without him.(he was there he just didnt play).

Motley Crue.. yeah there's a band with integrity that are comparable to GN'R.  How many reality tv shows have those guys had to try and restart their bloated terrible careers? Four? Five?
Those backing tapes they use and intervals in the concert are sure handy too.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:02:40 AM by AdZ » Logged
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2007, 09:02:32 AM »

i was thinking that but would they really lie???

Why wouldn't they lie man??  Huh

They're not messiahs.  no  confused
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2007, 09:03:26 AM »

I could have sworn they just did a show without Tommy Stinson on bass. 

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2007, 09:04:20 AM »

Yeah, I cant believe how narcissistic some people are on here.  Why would the have their bassist make up an injury?....only on a gnr forum.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2007, 09:04:46 AM »

Pitman was on bass.  smoking
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2007, 09:05:19 AM »

they could easily strap a bass on pitman

woah, wtf dude, pitman does have other duties.. and it aint just so simple to replace tommy like that, even if it was, you couldn't take pitman, he's already in the band doing other stuff Roll Eyes

yeah pitman played KOHD and SCOM on the versace thingie, but that was just 2 songs not a whole show
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2007, 09:06:25 AM »

Yeah, I cant believe how narcissistic some people are on here.  Why would the have their bassist make up an injury?

I've seen people do and say a lot of weird things in my time dude so, no offense intended but, nothing surprises me anymore.  no  Tongue
spyder8739
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2007, 09:13:51 AM »

Man that shit hurts. Hope for a swift recovery!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: