Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:11:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A new article at a Mexican newspaper
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new article at a Mexican newspaper  (Read 8799 times)
izzy_estradlin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: April 10, 2007, 10:50:28 AM »

Browsing through a mexican newspaper this morning, to my desbelief I found an exclusive GN'R article "Axl Rose sale de gira" (Axl Rose goes out on tour). It's suposed to be an interview with Axl, and he says that with or without Chinese Democracy the band is the same and that it will continue do live shows.
I would like to translate the rest of it for you all, but I'm at work, so I hope someone can help out. Here's the link:

http://www.diario.com.mx/nota.php?notaid=9ab14b2c167ec99163853bcca5f303d7

Enjoy!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 10:54:39 AM »

It says "No se puede conectar a la base de datos local: Too many connections"

Can't you post it here the article?

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 10:55:53 AM »

Nevermind:

Axl Rose sale de gira
09 Abril 2007
Actualizado: 08:51 PM hora de Cd. Ju?rez
Juan Carlos Garc?a Agencia Reforma

Nueva York? Con o sin ?Chinese Democracy?, el tan anticipado ?lbum de Guns N? Roses que lleva enlatado m?s de cinco a?os, la banda sigue siendo la misma y seguir? present?ndose en vivo, afirma en entrevista exclusiva Axl Rose, vocalista y l?der de la agrupaci?n.

Ante las constantes postergaciones del lanzamiento del material, Rose asegura que este a?o sus fans se llevar?n una gran sorpresa.

?La gira y el lanzamiento del disco nos entusiasman mucho. Nosotros estamos enfocados en el lanzamiento del ?lbum, aunque no siempre todo depende de nosotros. Estamos en un proceso de revisi?n de lo que hemos hecho, y el disco saldr?.

?Lo que no me gusta es que haya especulaciones. Guns N? Roses sigue vivo. La mejor manera de que el p?blico sepa de nosotros es a trav?s de nuestra p?gina de internet (www.gunsnroses.com). Ah? vendr?n todos los detalles de lo que estamos cocinando, y les aseguro que nadie quedar? defraudado?, indica el cantante y compositor.

El pr?ximo s?bado, comenta, Guns N? Roses inicia el 2007 World Tour en Tokio con cinco conciertos. Ah? presentar? algunas canciones del disco que ha provocado tantas especulaciones.

Hasta el momento, hay confirmadas otras dos fechas de la gira en Sud?frica.
El cambio de m?nager, la renegociaci?n de su contrato con Universal Music, ajustes por el derecho y uso del nombre de grupo, y las diferencias de criterios para elegir sencillos promocionales y planes publicitarios son algunas de las razones que han puesto en jaque la paciencia de Rose.

?Todo es un embrollo. Son demasiados tr?mites y muchas historias que contar alrededor. Lo que es cierto es que queremos que la salida sea en el momento adecuado, y en el preciso momento.

?La banda sigue siendo la misma, queremos girar, estar en un concierto en vivo es nuestra prioridad y a m? me hace feliz seguir contando con el apoyo de todos los fans. Por ellos seguimos en tour, por ellos seguimos unidos como banda?, se?ala.

Los m?sicos que forman actualmente el grupo son, adem?s de Rose, Dizzy Reed y Chris Pitman, en los teclados; Tommy Stinson, en el bajo; Brain y Frank Ferrer, en la bater?a, y Robin Finck, Richard Fortus y Ron Thal, en las guitarras.

Ellos trabajaron en ?Chinese Democracy?, por lo que figurar?n en los cr?ditos de la producci?n.

En la p?gina oficial del grupo se dice que ?The Blues? y ?Madagascar?, temas que Rose y la banda han interpretado en vivo en los ?ltimos a?os, est?n incluidas en el listado del nuevo disco.

Axl Rose es considerado una figura poco complaciente en sus gustos musicales, y dice que de las bandas nuevas que ha escuchado ?ltimamente, reconoce el talento de The Killers, Keane, Wolfmother y The Fray.

?Hablo por lo que he escuchado, y creo que The Killers lleva la ventaja en lo que hace, son chicos muy dedicados, con un potencial enorme que yo he disfrutado. Me parece que las nuevas generaciones est?n m?s abiertas a un rock no tan purista y eso, hasta cierto punto, a algunas les puede funcionar?, indica.

El cantante y compositor cuenta entre sus amigos, en el medio art?stico, a Lars Ulrich, de Metallica, y al ex l?der de Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 11:00:42 AM »

I wonder when GnR will make the the worldtour announcement.. They start in a couple of days now?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 11:02:37 AM »

I would like to translate the rest of it for you all, but I'm at work, so I hope someone can help out. Here's the link:

http://www.diario.com.mx/nota.php?notaid=9ab14b2c167ec99163853bcca5f303d7

Enjoy!
@ Voodoochild
I think izzy_estradlin meant could someone help translate the article.? I'm sure the rest of us would appreciate it if you could translate it too.? yes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 11:24:04 AM »

Just translated... I speak Portuguese, not Spanish, but I did what I could... Hope it helps:

Axl Rose goes on tour

New York - With or without "Chinese Democracy", the much antecipated Guns N' Roses album which is on the shelves for more than 5 years, the band stays the same and will keep performing live, tells Axl Rose, lead singer and frontman, in a exclusive interview.

Before the constant postpones of the material release, Rose confirms that this year, the fans will have a great surprise.

"The tour and the album release excite us very much. We are focused in the album release, altough sometimes it doesn't depends on us. We are in a revision process of what we had done, and the album will come out.

"I don't like when there is speculations. Guns N' Roses keeps alive. The best way for the public to know about us is trough our website (www.gunsnroses.com). There are all the details of what we've been doing and I tell you that nothing will be defrauded", says the singer and songwriter.

In the next Saturday, he says, Guns N' Roses will begin the 2007 World Tour in Tokio with 5 gigs. There they will play some songs of the record which has been taken such speculations.

Till the present moment, there is other confirmed dates in the South Africa tour.

The change of the manager, their renegotiation with Universal Music, adjustments by the right of using the bands name, and the different opinions on choose simple promotional stuff and publicity plans are some of the reasons that have been put in test Rose's patience.

"Everything is a problem. There is too much proceedings and many histories to tell around. What is confirmed is that we want the release to be in the right moment, in the right time frame.

"The band is still the same, we want to tour, be in a live concert is our priority and makes me happy to keep having all the fans support. For them we keep touring, for them we keep united as a band", states.

The musicians in the band are, among with Rose, Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman on the keyboards; Tommy Stinson on bass; Brain and Frank Ferrer on the drums; and Robin Finck, Richard Fortus and Ron Thal on the guitars.

They worked on "Chinese Democracy", reason why they will appear in the credits of the production.

In their official website, it says that "The Blues" and "Madagascar", tracks that Rose and the band have been playing live in the last few years, will be in the new album's setlist.

Axl Rose is consider to be someone not that easy with his musical tastes, and says about the new bands that he've been listening lately that he recognize the talent of The Killers, Keane, Wolfmother and The Fray.

"I talk about what I heard and I believe that The Killers takes an advantage from what they do, they are kids very dedicated, with a huge potential that I enjoy. Seems to me like the new generation are more opened to a rock not that purist and that, at some point, could work to some", says.

The singer and songwriter has friends in the music business like Lars Ulrich, from Metallica, and the Black Sabbath ex-frontman, Ozzy Osbourne.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:40:49 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 11:30:41 AM »

Thanks Voodoochild and FunkyMonkey and, of course, izzy_estradlin!!!? ok

Even though it says "exclusive interview" I think I've seen this article before?? confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 11:37:46 AM »

No problem, Gypsy. Smiley

But I don't think I saw that before... Maybe it's because we kinda know all that...

BTW, just corrected a mistake. Instead of "Tour manager", it says "the change of the manager".

Now I'm translating to portuguese. Oh well... Tongue

izzy_estradlin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 11:42:58 AM »

Your welcome. And I guess it could be an old interview, but it looked new to me because of the info on the tour.?
And thanx a lot for the help Voodoochild!
BTW, I love your unplugged version of Better! It rules! Do you have a guitar tab of it?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:45:00 AM by izzy_estradlin » Logged
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »

Just translated... I speak Portuguese, not Spanish, but I did what I could... Hope it helps:

Axl Rose goes on tour

New York - With or without "Chinese Democracy", the much antecipated Guns N' Roses album which is on the shelves for more than 5 years, the band stays the same and will keep performing live, tells Axl Rose, lead singer and frontman, in a exclusive interview.

Before the constant postpones of the material release, Rose confirms that this year, the fans will have a great surprise.

"The tour and the album release excite us very much. We are focused in the album release, altough sometimes it doesn't depends on us. We are in a revision process of what we had done, and the album will come out.

"I don't like when there is speculations. Guns N' Roses keeps alive. The best way for the public to know about us is trough our website (www.gunsnroses.com). There are all the details of what we've been doing and I tell you that nothing will be defrauded", says the singer and songwriter.

In the next Saturday, he says, Guns N' Roses will begin the 2007 World Tour in Tokio with 5 gigs. There they will play some songs of the record which has been taken such speculations.

Till the present moment, there is other confirmed dates in the South Africa tour.

The change of the manager, their renegotiation with Universal Music, adjustments by the right of using the bands name, and the different opinions on choose simple promotional stuff and publicity plans are some of the reasons that have been put in test Rose's patience.

"Everything is a problem. There is too much proceedings and many histories to tell around. What is confirmed is that we want the release to be in the right moment, in the right time frame.

"The band is still the same, we want to tour, be in a live concert is our priority and makes me happy to keep having all the fans support. For them we keep touring, for them we keep united as a band", states.

The musicians in the band are, among with Rose, Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman on the keyboards; Tommy Stinson on bass; Brain and Frank Ferrer on the drums; and Robin Finck, Richard Fortus and Ron Thal on the guitars.

They worked on "Chinese Democracy", reason why they will appear in the credits of the production.

In their official website, it says that "The Blues" and "Madagascar", tracks that Rose and the band have been playing live in the last few years, will be in the new album's setlist.

Axl Rose is consider to be someone not that easy with his musical tastes, and says about the new bands that he've been listening lately that he recognize the talent of The Killers, Keane, Wolfmother and The Fray.

"I talk about what I heard and I believe that The Killers takes an advantage from what they do, they are kids very dedicated, with a huge potential that I enjoy. Seems to me like the new generation are more opened to a rock not that purist and that, at some point, could work to some", says.

The singer and songwriter has friends in the music business like Lars Ulrich, from Metallica, and the Black Sabbath ex-frontman, Ozzy Osbourne.

Muito bem!  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 12:05:42 PM »

Good article!

Friends with Ozzy? GNR should do Ozfest!

gnrevolution.com
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 12:06:23 PM »

Axl Rose goes on tour

This is extremely interesting, looks like Axl has given a new interview prior to touring again. Awesome stuff.
Let's see, there's alot of interesting information there actually. Where on their website does it say Madagascar and The Blues will be in the album's tracklist? Hm... Maybe they mean it will be played live? The poor translation makes me wonder. Interesting what he said about the website and the delays too, but more interesting is the stuff about new songs, the poor translation again makes me wonder if it meant that they will simply play new songs or completely new songs. BBF appearently told people they will play no new songs before the album is out, is that right? Funny the thing about Axl's rocker friends too. Anyway, cool interview, thanks for posting! beer

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 12:15:43 PM »

And thanx a lot for the help Voodoochild!
BTW, I love your unplugged version of Better! It rules! Do you have a guitar tab of it?
Thanks man! I sent you a pm about the Better thing. Smiley

Muito bem!  ok
Obrigado! Grin

This is extremely interesting, looks like Axl has given a new interview prior to touring again. Awesome stuff.Let's see, there's alot of interesting information there actually. Where on their website does it say
Madagascar and The Blues will be in the album's tracklist? Hm... Maybe they mean it will be played live? The poor translation makes me wonder. Interesting what he said about the website and the delays too, but more interesting is the stuff about new songs, the poor translation again makes me wonder if it meant that they will simply play new songs or completely new songs. BBF appearently told people they will play no new songs before the album is out, is that right? Funny the thing about Axl's rocker friends too. Anyway, cool interview, thanks for posting! beer
Those things I can guarantee are right. It's exactly like that. I think in an old article on the website about the NA tour, it says The Blues and Madagascar will be on CD. Nothing major, just a quick mention. And the new songs are obvious just what the writer said, nothing to dig too much into.

BTW, if you can tell it's a poor translation, would you care to fix it? Thanks.

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 12:19:42 PM »

Thanks Voodoo. ok

Se puede cambiar la ventana ?! hihi

VR em 3 dias hahaha !!! smoking

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 12:39:02 PM »

Thanks Voodoochile for your efforts (even though I read the spanish article)

But what about this:

This is bullshit. Where is this quote in the official website?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 12:48:03 PM »

Thanks Voodoochile for your efforts (even though I read the spanish article)

But what about this:

This is bullshit. Where is this quote in the official website?

in some article......

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 12:51:08 PM »

BTW, if you can tell it's a poor translation, would you care to fix it? Thanks.

No, sorry I don't speak spanish or portugese. ok

I wasn't complaining though, thanks for posting! beer

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 12:55:13 PM »

And the new songs are obvious just what the writer said, nothing to dig too much into.

Well I was confused as to whether the article said there will be all new songs or just new songs. peace

buckethead stops now!

rofl
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 01:05:47 PM »

...Still says "Brain and Frank" so that's a small tidbit of confirmation.

I sincerely hope that these things are all finalized soon and the "timing" and "mood" are right for release.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »

awsome read, thanks for translating  peace

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: