Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Board Gallery thread - post your pics
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 193 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Board Gallery thread - post your pics  (Read 537834 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3020 on: August 28, 2007, 07:56:50 AM »

you should get your facts straight. che killed for pleasure and even more people than manson.

I have my facts straight, he killed for purpose. I'm aware of his propensity for summary execution. However, his killing had a reason, the elimination of Batistaites to insure the survival of the revolution.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #3021 on: August 28, 2007, 09:14:59 AM »

you should get your facts straight. che killed for pleasure and even more people than manson.

I have my facts straight, he killed for purpose. I'm aware of his propensity for summary execution. However, his killing had a reason, the elimination of Batistaites to insure the survival of the revolution.
and after the revolution, when almost 200 people were killed without trial because he ordered their execution?

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3022 on: August 28, 2007, 09:48:31 AM »

"the elimination of Batistaites to insure the survival of the revolution." ... I didn't say I agreed with it, I said he had a reason.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #3023 on: August 28, 2007, 09:54:13 AM »

as far as "nazi rule" goes, i haven't seen any t-shirts with british or us generals from wwII.

As far as "Nazi rule" goes, you also missed my point in bringing it up. Your post suggested that just because said people were "bad" it makes their murder no the more excusable. At least, that was implied. I was just curious as to whether you drew a line or not at when, if, it did become excusable, the murder of the bad guys.

Apply the CURF model Jim!

Cheers. But that has nothing to do with what I was getting at; mine was a question pertaining to a particular opinion on ethical morality, not a general question of ethical morality. Consider "Do you think that murder is wrong?" alongside "is murder wrong?" The original certainly did not stem from a dilema of my own, and if you take a look you will see that they are, indeed, not one and the same, sweetheart. The questions, that is.

Two lecturers at uni came up with a model to help students when discussing ethical issues.

Cheers. But I'll find my own way.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #3024 on: August 28, 2007, 10:28:14 AM »

Look like you want some food for thought there, Jimbo. You asked the question! Consider these statements:

Murder is wrong because God forbids it.

This claim asserts that a religious authority called God has made a ruling about the morality of murder. God has determined that murder is wrong and it is God's infallable judgement that has decided this particular question or right or wrong. In his discussion on 'How not to answer Moral Questions', Reagan (2000) has issue with interpreting a moral authority whose reasons cannot be justified or verified. (Me)

God forbids murder because it is wrong.

This claim does not appeal to a religious authority to answer the question about the right or wrong of murder. The claim uses a different ethical yardstick which also concludes that God agrees with this moral judgement.

But yes, you basically have to go out there and experience life to work out these "big questions" for yourself.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:50:33 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #3025 on: August 28, 2007, 10:49:32 AM »

Look like you want some food for thought there, Jimbo.

Does it really?

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3026 on: August 28, 2007, 10:55:07 AM »

Yes, he asked if murder was justified under any circumstance? And what is a "bad" person?

In referring to the CURF model (provided as a means of perhaps finding an answer), he may have been able to reason an answer and add to the discussion raised by the wearing of a Che T-shirt.

In saying "Cheers. But I'll find my own way" suggests to me that he may be on his own journey to find the answers to some "big questions".

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:03:39 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #3027 on: August 28, 2007, 12:42:44 PM »

Look like you want some food for thought

Always!, well, now and again.

Look like you want some food for thought there, Jimbo.

Nope.

You asked the question!

Nope. I asked a question. Again, there is a subtle difference between "is stealing wrong?" and "do you think that stealing is wrong?'' The you, in the very first instance, weren't yo'self.

Consider these statements:

I'd rather not. They patronize and fumble abouta bit too much for such a short extract. Lazy, no depth. There's nothing to really work with for anybody who has even broached the subject of divine authority.

But yes, you basically have to go out there and experience life to work out these "big questions" for yourself.

Clearly you don't think much of learning through observation. Though, surely this is contradiction by

In saying "Cheers. But I'll find my own way" suggests to me that he may be on his own journey to find the answers to some "big questions".

which suggests that we are not all on this journey to find these answers to these big questions. So make your mind up. Am I alone on this path or not?

he may have been able to reason an answer and add to the discussion raised by the wearing of a Che T-shirt.

I did, but maybe it was too subtle. Read it again, think of it as... Rhetoric.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:45:17 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3028 on: August 28, 2007, 01:21:01 PM »

Stop it Tongue

Killing a human being is bad ok, regardles even if you are:
A person with an significant rank within an country, jurisdictial system, organisation, ethnical group, religious group, native inhabitant etc

Anyone that thinks otherwise should sterilise themselfs...fast hihi
go back to posting pics now?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #3029 on: August 28, 2007, 01:36:17 PM »

^Screw the pics. Revolution!

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3030 on: August 28, 2007, 02:11:32 PM »

someone really outta post a pic.  peace  fuck this curf shit.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3031 on: August 28, 2007, 02:23:28 PM »

^Screw the pics. Revolution!

Viva la Revoluci?n ... hell yeah, thats my kind of talk.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3032 on: August 29, 2007, 01:57:43 AM »

Jim! Why did my brain start spinning when I read your post?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #3033 on: August 29, 2007, 02:47:28 AM »

as far as "nazi rule" goes, i haven't seen any t-shirts with british or us generals from wwII.
As far as "Nazi rule" goes, you also missed my point in bringing it up. Your post suggested that just because said people were "bad" it makes their murder no the more excusable. At least, that was implied. I was just curious as to whether you drew a line or not at when, if, it did become excusable, the murder of the bad guys.
it seems like i missed your point. i don't agree with murder to some extent. it's all about circumstances. my problem is with making che an icon of teenagers around the world although he killed people in cold blood or ordered the killing of people without trial after the revolution ended. i don't understand one thing. ok, the revolution helped the working class and so on... good for him. but, does that erase all the other crimes he did? he can do no wrong? why is it ok to wear a che t-shirt although he is a killer (not referring to the revolution time here), no matter how much good the revolution brought? should i wear a communist t-shirt? because they did some good things in my country. and why is it not ok to wear a manson t-shirt that is made as a joke?

"the elimination of Batistaites to insure the survival of the revolution." ... I didn't say I agreed with it, I said he had a reason.
maybe manson had a reason too. good or bad, still a reason

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3034 on: August 29, 2007, 03:10:35 AM »

The Polish Underground would put captured SS and Gestapo on trial throughout the war. Many were executed for their war crimes after being tried. The Resistance did not know how long the war would last or what justice there would eventually be.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #3035 on: August 29, 2007, 03:28:25 AM »

The Polish Underground would put captured SS and Gestapo on trial throughout the war. Many were executed for their war crimes after being tried. The Resistance did not know how long the war would last or what justice there would eventually be.

What rule is this?

PA-rule?

Poland has to do with everything
And Stolat is there to post it

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3036 on: August 29, 2007, 06:59:37 AM »

my problem is with making che an icon of teenagers around the world although he killed people in cold blood or ordered the killing of people without trial after the revolution ended.

One last time and I am through with it. Post revolution he put to death Batista's tortures and war criminals of the regime. He might have hasty, but it was dangerous times. They were looking at an invasion from the North.

maybe manson had a reason too. good or bad, still a reason

His reason is that he has paranoid delusions of a pure race America.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3037 on: August 29, 2007, 07:11:47 AM »

my problem is with making che an icon of teenagers around the world although he killed people in cold blood or ordered the killing of people without trial after the revolution ended.

One last time and I am through with it. Post revolution he put to death Batista's tortures and war criminals of the regime. He might have hasty, but it was dangerous times. They were looking at an invasion from the North.

That's why he is called a Revolutionary! He made the big call!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
DevilHatesALoser
« Reply #3038 on: August 29, 2007, 11:52:04 PM »

Yeah, I tell you, I don't understand why people would wear a shirt with his image on it, he was a murdering piece of shit that devastated a lot of peoples lives. As an analogy, it would be the same as kids 20 years from now wearing OJ tees ... except OJ didn't kill as many people and had fame before the murders.

Cause Che never killed anyone? Roll Eyes

It amazes me that you would support the executions of a communist, but try to create some moral line between that and what you perceive as fascism.  How is Guerva enforcing his ideas through force for his "people" any different than Hitler enforcing his ideas through force for his "people"?  Basically what you're saying is Guerva is okay because he executed people for a political ideology you support.  Thank god you're all talk and no action, and thank God for you I don't share your beliefs on enforcement because I have the means to actually put my money where my mouth is.  People like you have no business having any voice in a progressive democracy becuase you lack the ability to be objective and rational - you proove that everytime you brag about your dependency and escapism.  You're the reason guys like me will always be the leaders and you'll only find refuge in anonymous forums.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 12:02:00 AM by Walter O'Dim » Logged
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3039 on: August 30, 2007, 12:34:09 AM »

I think FC was referring to Manson........but anyway........

Che fought the "good fight" for the common GOOD of the majority of people.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 193 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: