Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:20:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Board Gallery thread - post your pics
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 193 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Board Gallery thread - post your pics  (Read 537959 times)
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #3000 on: August 26, 2007, 12:58:19 PM »

What was the story with the Manson/Beatles exchanges on the White Album.

He tried to 'channel' them or something?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #3001 on: August 26, 2007, 01:21:40 PM »

What was the story with the Manson/Beatles exchanges on the White Album.

He tried to 'channel' them or something?

He claimed there were hidden messages or something in "Helter Skelter" than convinced him the Beatles wanted him to kill. Something to that effect.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #3002 on: August 26, 2007, 02:29:09 PM »

I dont know what the deal is with the Manson t shirt, I like his music, as Axl Rose liked his music, as Phil Anselmo liked his music, as The Beach Boys like his music , as Marilyn Manson liked his music ,as Trent Reznor liked his music, so fuckin what!?Huh 
Wearing a Manson shirt to me is like wearing a Pantera shirt, or a NIN shirt, He didn't kill anyone, and we all know that, now if you believe he planned this thing, so then Bush is no more innocent than Manson. Which I'd rather wear a Manson shirt for his music than one of that piece of shit Bush.
If someone doesnt like the Manson's face on a tshirt...gues what?  dont fuckin wear it!

If the world would end today... Wink
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #3003 on: August 26, 2007, 02:49:07 PM »

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3004 on: August 26, 2007, 03:27:50 PM »

In my opinion Che Guevarra is also a murderer. I hate those T-Shirts with his face on them.

He only killed fascists, imperialists, and their supporters.

And people from his side too. He's not the hero pop culture made of him.

In a guerrilla movement, there are certain things one doesn't do. If those rules are broken, an example has to be made in front of the whole group to insure disipline. Anyone who would get involved with something like that, is aware of the consequences of their actions. It is age old standard practice. You are right though, he was not a pop icon, he was someone who fought for the rights of the working man ... to put an end to imperialistic tyranny.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #3005 on: August 26, 2007, 05:39:30 PM »

I dont know what the deal is with the Manson t shirt, I like his music, as Axl Rose liked his music, as Phil Anselmo liked his music, as The Beach Boys like his music , as Marilyn Manson liked his music ,as Trent Reznor liked his music, so fuckin what!?Huh 
Wearing a Manson shirt to me is like wearing a Pantera shirt, or a NIN shirt, He didn't kill anyone, and we all know that, now if you believe he planned this thing, so then Bush is no more innocent than Manson. Which I'd rather wear a Manson shirt for his music than one of that piece of shit Bush.
If someone doesnt like the Manson's face on a tshirt...gues what?  dont fuckin wear it!

Right on DEAD HORSE.  Nice post.   beer 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #3006 on: August 27, 2007, 02:13:57 AM »

He didn't kill anyone, and we all know that, now if you believe he planned this thing, so then Bush is no more innocent than Manson. Which I'd rather wear a Manson shirt for his music than one of that piece of shit Bush.

A T-Shirt with G.W. Bush would be pretty lame.

I wouldn't go as far as to compare Manson to Bush and call the equally guilty, tho.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3007 on: August 27, 2007, 02:20:28 AM »

He didn't kill anyone, and we all know that,

Are you drunk?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #3008 on: August 27, 2007, 03:39:00 AM »

He didn't kill anyone, and we all know that,

Are you drunk?

Well.. he just manipulated some idiots to do it instead.

But I agree, saying he didn't do it, it's like saying D didn't abuse the lamb as much as the lamb abused him.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #3009 on: August 27, 2007, 03:40:45 AM »

I like lamb with mint jelly.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #3010 on: August 27, 2007, 03:41:45 PM »

In my opinion Che Guevarra is also a murderer. I hate those T-Shirts with his face on them.

He only killed fascists, imperialists, and their supporters.

And people from his side too. He's not the hero pop culture made of him.

In a guerrilla movement, there are certain things one doesn't do. If those rules are broken, an example has to be made in front of the whole group to insure disipline. Anyone who would get involved with something like that, is aware of the consequences of their actions. It is age old standard practice. You are right though, he was not a pop icon, he was someone who fought for the rights of the working man ... to put an end to imperialistic tyranny.
so it's ok to wear a t-shirt with a mass murderer (i'm talking about che if you lost me) in your opinion because he killed bad people?
and the manson t-shirt is not to be taken seriously hence the writing "charlie don't surf". and che is not a hero. only ignorant people wear t-shirts of him, because they don't know anything about what he's done, because it's cool.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3011 on: August 27, 2007, 04:28:27 PM »

so it's ok to wear a t-shirt with a mass murderer (i'm talking about che if you lost me)

haha, yeah, you lost me with that one.

because he killed bad people?

He killed people in a revoutionary struggle for the rights of working people. there is a big difference; Manson killed for pleasure.

and che is not a hero.

He is a hero to millions of people.

only ignorant people wear t-shirts of him, because they don't know anything about what he's done, because it's cool.

I don't own a Che t shirt, but I respect and consider him a noble figure who did a lot to end American Imperialism in Latin America. The cool factor is an added bonus.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #3012 on: August 27, 2007, 08:39:47 PM »

so it's ok to wear a t-shirt with a mass murderer (i'm talking about che if you lost me) in your opinion because he killed bad people?

I must say, I pleed curious as to what you define as "bad people?" Does the term apply to open war... If at all! Are they bad people?, only if they declare open war? Or what, war between people? A tyrannous regime?

Or is murder never justified under any circumstance?, Nazi rule or not?

Colour me genuinely curious.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3013 on: August 28, 2007, 01:09:26 AM »

Apply the CURF model Jim!

(In Admin/Feedbac/Help: VR Section, Skeba and I applied it to a discussion about Slash and Money)......

Two lecturers at uni came up with a model to help students when discussing ethical issues. It is called the CURF model.
The CURF model was devised by Dr Sue Knight and Carolyn Collins (2000) and is part of an unfinished thesis. They are lecturers at the University of South Australia, Magill. I have permission from Dr Knight to teach the model.

C is for circumstances.

You must take the circumstances particular to the situation into account.

U is for the Utilitarian principal.

When taking into account the circumstances you have to anticiapte the consequences. Wiil the action bring more harm than good? Who will the action hurt the most? You must also have empathy for the situation and the consequences.

R is for Reasoning.

Think about the situation rationally. Dialogue with people (as we are)! Call it a Community of Inquiry.

F is for facts.

It is important that the facts and consequences are put "straight".

A way to cross check ones reasoning when using the CURF model is to apply that reasoning to a similar situation and see if it still fits. If it doesn't, well then more discussion of the 'grey areas' is needed....

With the utilitarian principle - the right action is the one which brings about the greatest balance of good over harm in the group as whole. There is no room for fence sitting here, it is either right or wrong.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #3014 on: August 28, 2007, 01:56:54 AM »

I must say, I pleed curious as to what you define as "bad people?" Does the term apply to open war... If at all! Are they bad people?, only if they declare open war? Or what, war between people? A tyrannous regime?
Or is murder never justified under any circumstance?, Nazi rule or not?
Colour me genuinely curious.
i was using the term "bad people" as a joke, because i don't know why people continue to praise che guevara although he killed a lot of people. but i guess it doesn't matter, "he did it for a good cause". it's still murder.
as far as "nazi rule" goes, i haven't seen any t-shirts with british or us generals from wwII.

He killed people in a revoutionary struggle for the rights of working people. there is a big difference; Manson killed for pleasure.

you should get your facts straight. che killed for pleasure and even more people than manson.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 02:24:59 AM by supaplex » Logged

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #3015 on: August 28, 2007, 04:05:38 AM »

Apply the CURF model Jim!

(In Admin/Feedbac/Help: VR Section, Skeba and I applied it to a discussion about Slash and Money)......

Two lecturers at uni came up with a model to help students when discussing ethical issues. It is called the CURF model.
The CURF model was devised by Dr Sue Knight and Carolyn Collins (2000) and is part of an unfinished thesis. They are lecturers at the University of South Australia, Magill. I have permission from Dr Knight to teach the model.

C is for circumstances.

You must take the circumstances particular to the situation into account.

U is for the Utilitarian principal.

When taking into account the circumstances you have to anticiapte the consequences. Wiil the action bring more harm than good? Who will the action hurt the most? You must also have empathy for the situation and the consequences.

R is for Reasoning.

Think about the situation rationally. Dialogue with people (as we are)! Call it a Community of Inquiry.

F is for facts.

It is important that the facts and consequences are put "straight".

A way to cross check ones reasoning when using the CURF model is to apply that reasoning to a similar situation and see if it still fits. If it doesn't, well then more discussion of the 'grey areas' is needed....

With the utilitarian principle - the right action is the one which brings about the greatest balance of good over harm in the group as whole. There is no room for fence sitting here, it is either right or wrong.

What the hell?

CURF model?

Are you saying Jim there isn't (it's pick and choose a letter now - R as in D was...). So Jim ain't using reasoning?

But it's real cool you have your own model we should use for messageboard discussions. I'm a big fan of S-model myself.

S
leep with women for no particular reason.

But I must warn it may be just working for me since I'm a man and happen to be talented in everything and have a strong interest in history in general. And I speak latin. I'm also a part time superhero/teacher/actor and a gangster.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3016 on: August 28, 2007, 04:38:19 AM »

Well, Latin is such a sexy language!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #3017 on: August 28, 2007, 05:43:18 AM »

What the hell?

CURF model?

Are you saying Jim there isn't (it's pick and choose a letter now - R as in D was...). So Jim ain't using reasoning?

But it's real cool you have your own model we should use for messageboard discussions. I'm a big fan of S-model myself.

S
leep with women for no particular reason.

But I must warn it may be just working for me since I'm a man and happen to be talented in everything and have a strong interest in history in general. And I speak latin. I'm also a part time superhero/teacher/actor and a gangster.

Nah, it's not the S-model or anything. You're just using a modified CURF model. The um, FUCR model...

Fuck 'Em All.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #3018 on: August 28, 2007, 07:44:42 AM »

Nah, it's not the S-model or anything. You're just using a modified CURF model. The um, FUCR model...

At least he is not using the modified/modified FUCRnS

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3019 on: August 28, 2007, 07:47:07 AM »

Don't get me started on the SUCR F model now!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 193 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: