Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 11:05:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  i illegally download BBF cds and now he has a bad car! (read!!!)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: i illegally download BBF cds and now he has a bad car! (read!!!)  (Read 11304 times)
misterbrownstone
« on: April 08, 2007, 08:41:14 PM »

(message for GnR fans)

Been playin' an instrumental guitar version of "Don't Cry" as part of my solo spot in GnR shows for almost a year, around 70 shows, 23 countries.? Will probably change it in the future, unless there's a big demand by audiences to keep playin' it.

For my own curiosity, about my solo spot, I wanna hear from DMFs that have gone to shows, wanna know what you're thinkin'...

1 - How many shows you've been to and where
2 - Instrumental Don't Cry - keep it or ditch it?
3 - what other instrumental version of a song would ya dig hearin' in future solo spots (and singin' along with - it's for *you*, don't wanna do it without y'all being part of it...)

DISCLAIMER - this is NOT on behalf of GnR, this is just about me and my guitar and what I'm doing with it, there are NO encrypted messages in this post regarding the album release, tour dates, how many T's in band members' last names, anything like that, OK?!?!? OK!!?!?!!!!!!!!

Y'all can be a real pain in my balls sometimes.? And I bet ya like that, you sadistic downloading fuckers.

Start a thread somewhere called "I Wanna Be Bumble's Sex Slave" or "I Illegally Downloaded All Of Bumble's CDs And Now He's Stuck Driving An Old Fucked Up Hyundai", give your two cents, and post a link to those threads here on my forum so I can check it - thanks.

http://www.bumblefoot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2734

And please stick to the topic - don't further break my balls turning those threads into "I like [some other guitar player] more than [some other guitar player] because [some other guitar player] played [some other song] better than [some other guitar player] on [some bootleg video on YouTube] - thaaaaaanks.

post away!

and STAY ON TOPIC!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:51:28 PM by misterbrownstone » Logged
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 08:49:54 PM »

I went to four shows last year between Vegas and the greater LA area. 

Don't Cry is probably the perfect song for him to solo.? It's the only popular GNR song that they don't play, and the one casual fans would be most able to sing along with.  That or Civil War.

Though personally, I'd love to hear what he could do with "My World."? It's a cool song, but honestly, it could have used more guitars.

I love how BBF has to give a disclaimer that when he's talking to fans, he's not representing his band.? Just him and his guitar playing.? That's cool in that "new" GNR way.  I can't imagine another band's guitarist having to say things like that in interviews.  I'm glad BBF's got the patience and respect for his fans to continue to deal with it.  Most the band's other members just shun it alltogether, understandably.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 09:11:54 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 08:56:12 PM »

I wish he would start playing the "Alt Lyrics" version of Don't Cry. ?Instrumentally I imagine it being so much better than the original. ? yes

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 08:58:09 PM »

"Civil War" or "You Ain't The First" would be great.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 08:59:28 PM »

Bumblefoot, I went to 4 shows last year.  One of the first of the tour, the vegas shows, and the very last in LA.  Its amazing how you found your place in the band over the course of 2006, good stuff.  Don't Cry is awesome, but I think changing it up would be a welcome change.

Maybe a small medley of some of your own stuff (especially stuff from Hands and Uncool).   The grinch theme was fuckin sweet when you did that in LA.   Sing dude, you have a kickass voice!

If you want to do another GNR song, I'd go for Civil War.  I thought maybe Estranged, but its way too long.   Those two songs are really the only true "classic" gnr songs that isn't already in the set.    Yesterdays could be cool to, and appropiate Smiley

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 09:08:06 PM by AdZ » Logged
netrix
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 09:02:43 PM »

Thanks bumblefoot!

I would like to hear your twist on Ciivil War!

Are far as illegally download your material, ?I have heard you take on this from your recent interview online. Have you ever thought of setting up a paypal tip account.

For those who have downloaded your stuff and have enjoyed the new discovery of your music (I am pleading the fifth here), ?a paypal tip account would be a good way to reward you directly and bypass the record company mfcking leeches from getting any of it.

I sure would contribute. ?Just a thought!
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 09:04:09 PM »

I'm a little confused... where did the original poster find this?  Who is it directed at?  His own forum?  Someone care to explain this to someone who isnt up to date on BBF and his whole deal.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 09:05:30 PM »

1 - How many shows you've been to and where- 6 shows- all 4 Hammersteins, Worcester MA, and MSG
2 - Instrumental Don't Cry - keep it or ditch it?- Switch it up between Don't Cry and what ever anyone else suggests lol
3 - what other instrumental version of a song would ya dig hearin' in future solo spots (and singin' along with - it's for *you*, don't wanna do it without y'all being part of it...) I'd like to hear Estranged, Civil War, or Coma...but that's just me lol

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
nyd
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 09:14:57 PM »

I'd like to hear Ron play a song from his solo material. A nice way to introduce GNR fans to each members other projects, and show why they were invited to join GNR in the first place.

Robin could kick out a Nails tune and Tommy surely remembers how to play "Kiss Me On The Butt"?  Grin
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 09:15:29 PM »

Last year: 5.  NYC (Hammerstein); Paris, France (Bercy); Toronto (ACC); Ottawa (Scotiabank); Quebec City (Pepsi Coliseum)

Keep it, but shorten it.  Maybe two verses, one chorus, and the final chorus.  I found that it was amazing singing along, but eventually, kind of dragged.  A condensed version would go a long way in keeping the show going.

3 - what other instrumental version of a song would ya dig hearin' in future solo spots (and singin' along with - it's for *you*, don't wanna do it without y'all being part of it...)

Something that is recognizable.  While listening to someone shred is cool, when a band has three different guitar solos it gets boring by the time the 3rd guitarist plays something most people have never heard before.  Slash's Godfarther theme, and Buckethead's Star War themes were pretty cool as they're easily identifiable.  Maybe an instrumental version of a Beatles song (Hey Jude would be great as it would great everyone singing); that or Imagine by Lennon.  A James Bond/Mission Impossible jam would kick ass.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 09:29:01 PM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
tomc102968
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 09:16:27 PM »

2006 shows hammerstein and worchester:

I would mix it up first night play national anthem of the country you are in. maybe put songs in a hat a let a fan pick it before the show?

around july 4th star spangled banner

christmas grandma got ran over

you get it

rock on be safe and have fun'!!!
tmc out
 ok
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 09:16:50 PM »

2 Hammerstein shows

ditch don't cry.. ?If Robin is bringin a blues based solo in on his thing , you gotta do what you do on your thing. Make that guitar your bitch!!!

Eddie Van Halen.. ERUPTION!!!!!!!!

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 09:18:04 PM »

I'm a little confused... where did the original poster find this?? Who is it directed at?? His own forum?? Someone care to explain this to someone who isnt up to date on BBF and his whole deal.

a quick answer... bumblefoot forum. Now stick to the topic!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 09:25:22 PM by Dark Angel » Logged

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 09:18:08 PM »

BBF has albums!!!  Shocked  and you can illegally download them too!!! WooHoo!!! Just kidding...

Gee, perhaps he could do Don't Cry the alternative version...  hihi

I have been to one show.

But seriously, I would like to hear "Stairway to Heaven" or "Civil War" but keep don't cry...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 09:21:17 PM by HellHole » Logged
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 09:20:28 PM »

1.)
-May 15th -- Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC, NY
-September 16th -- The Joint, Las Vegas, Nevada
-September 17th -- The Joint, Las Vegas, Nevada
-November 5th -- Continental Airlines Arena, E. Rutherford, NJ

2.)Keep it.

3.)Civil War
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 09:25:35 PM »

1 - How many shows you've been to and where - 1- Jacksonville, FL
2 - Instrumental Don't Cry - keep it or ditch it?- Keep it - I love that song as an instrumental
3 - what other instrumental version of a song would ya dig hearin' in future solo spots - Civil War

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 09:26:51 PM »

1 - How many shows you've been to and where- 4 shows- 3 Hammersteins and in NJ at the meadowlands
2 - Instrumental Don't Cry - keep it or ditch it?- definitely keep it. its bad ass.
3 - what other instrumental version of a song would ya dig hearin' in future solo spots (and singin' along with - it's for *you*, don't wanna do it without y'all being part of it...) id like to hear civil war or estranged. although i think youd get a better sing a long out of don't cry. the outro of locamotive with dizzy would be cool too. either that or a cover, BBF has a great taste in music so im sure hed pick something good.
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 09:26:57 PM »

coma
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 09:30:37 PM »

went to 3 shows, 05.14 and 05.15 in NYC and 11.17 in Ottawa

I say ditch it, keep things fresh

3 - what other instrumental version of a song would ya dig hearin' in future solo spots?
well depends on if the album is out yet or not, if it's not out I say play a small instrumental of an unknown song that will be on the album. Seriously though, I say an instrumental of Civil War would kick ass or even a medley of a few songs from B-foot's albums

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 09:35:49 PM »

Thinking about it more I would have to say Stairway to heaven. It would be awesome. It has a great build up, and many people know the song and can sing along with it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: