Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:43:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  From the state that brought you Bush
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: From the state that brought you Bush  (Read 8840 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 08:20:14 AM »

Booker, are you a supporter of not allowing the appropriate funds and supplies to reach troops in Iraq?

Are you a Fox News pollster?

Im a supporter of bringing them home.  If they dont get the appropriate funds, thats on the president.  Hell be the one forcing them to fight without them. 

Is your hatred of Bush so deep that an unstable middle east would satisfy you? If the conflict spills over to Saudi Arabia & Iran, how would you deal with that? That is a real probability if troops left now.

Bush has made mistakes in Iraq, no doubt about it. 

In my argument I am more concerned about the implications for the US and its people, not Bush's reputation.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:21:46 AM by GnRFL » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 01:17:39 PM »

It's a war, it takes as long as it takes.

A war about what?

You're right...I do love my fantasy world....I would just like to check out the liberal one..just for a day...and see if my penis actually DOES shrink as a result of it.....

This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board-and trust me, you guys say a lot of stupid fucking things.

So Mr Big Dick macho man.... The Iraq fiasco has taught you nothing obviously, as you regurgitate the same arrogant hubris all over this thread, with little or no real thought. Answer me this :has Iran threatened us in anyway? Are they currently threatening us?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 01:27:51 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 03:55:39 PM »

From what you said it seems you'd rather see all the troop massacred because they don't have any bullets than stay for another couple of years and complete the operation.

Apparently you didnt read what I wrote.

I dont want them to fight without proper funds.  I said I want them to come home.  Do you understand now?

The only way they would fight without funding is if the president forced them to.  Thats a fact.

Is your hatred of Bush so deep that an unstable middle east would satisfy you? If the conflict spills over to Saudi Arabia & Iran, how would you deal with that? That is a real probability if troops left now.

An unstable Middle East?  I cant imagine. 

Ah, the Bush supporters new refrain.  Bush supporters have defended these mistakes for years, but now they say this magical sentence and theyre suddenly fair-minded, sensible realists.

Out of curiosity, what mistakes do you believe Bush made?
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 04:17:09 PM »

A war about what?

the economic and political stability of Iraq, if nothing else.

From what you said it seems you'd rather see all the troop massacred because they don't have any bullets than stay for another couple of years and complete the operation.

I dont want them to fight without proper funds.  I said I want them to come home.  Do you understand now?

The only way they would fight without funding is if the president forced them to.  Thats a fact.

No, it would be those withholding the funds that are forcing them to have none. Those troops volunteered, they are there to complete their mission. Until that is finished they will stay in Iraq.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 04:20:03 PM by Robman? » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 04:29:45 PM »

An unstable Middle East?  I cant imagine. 

Ah, the Bush supporters new refrain.  Bush supporters have defended these mistakes for years, but now they say this magical sentence and theyre suddenly fair-minded, sensible realists.

Out of curiosity, what mistakes do you believe Bush made?

Do you only have sarcasm to back yourself up?

I don't buy into the whole theory of nailing Bush to the wall at the expense of the country. That is what is really happening in politics right now.

The middle East is no playground as we all know, but a regional military conflict between nations would make things much worse than they are now. Guess what happens to our economy when gas goes up $100 a barrel? You and I will feel that one financially. I don't have an electric car yet.

The Bush administration has made many mistakes. Very few would argue with that. But we can't leave Iraq right now. This would be an exponentially larger mistake.

I have not heard any plan from the Democrats to deal with the aftermath of pulling our troops out now. They criticize Bush ( and rightly so ) for not having a good plan for Iraq after Saddam was ousted from power, but the Dems are looking like they do not have any plan or course of action for when/if they succeed in  the troop pullout plan.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 05:01:51 PM »

I don't buy into the whole theory of nailing Bush to the wall at the expense of the country. That is what is really happening in politics right now.

Explain.

The Bush administration has made many mistakes.

Like what?  Id really like to know what you think those mistakes were.

Guess what happens to our economy when gas goes up $100 a barrel? You and I will feel that one financially. I don't have an electric car yet.

If thousands of dead soldiers is worth keeping gas prices down to you, so be it. 

I have not heard any plan from the Democrats to deal with the aftermath of pulling our troops out now. They criticize Bush ( and rightly so ) for not having a good plan for Iraq after Saddam was ousted from power, but the Dems are looking like they do not have any plan or course of action for when/if they succeed in  the troop pullout plan.

Thats one of the unfortunate results of the presidents disastrous war, isnt it?  There is no good solution.  The least we can do is end a bumbling policy with no end in sight, stop wasting lives, and stop wasting money.  All Democrats agree in continuing political efforts, but you place your trust in the administration who, as you keep saying, has made many mistakes.  The administration that has been right about virtually nothing pertaining to this war.  The administration that assured you that American troops would stand down as the Iraqis stood up. 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 05:03:34 PM »

Code words for "stick around and try and fix what we fucked up, while putting our kids in the middle of a civil war."

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 05:15:22 PM »

No, it would be those withholding the funds that are forcing them to have none.

Wrong.  The president is the only one that can force troops to fight without funding.  If Congress denies funding (and they havent, but should), its obviously to force the president to bring the troops home.  If he doesnt, hes the one responsible.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 05:30:44 PM »

Explain.

Guess what happens to our economy when gas goes up $100 a barrel? You and I will feel that one financially. I don't have an electric car yet.

If thousands of dead soldiers is worth keeping gas prices down to you, so be it. 

Thats one of the unfortunate results of the presidents disastrous war, isnt it?  There is no good solution.  The least we can do is end a bumbling policy with no end in sight, stop wasting lives, and stop wasting money.  All Democrats agree in continuing political efforts, but you place your trust in the administration who, as you keep saying, has made many mistakes.  The administration that has been right about virtually nothing pertaining to this war.  The administration that assured you that American troops would stand down as the Iraqis stood up. 

Taking my comments out of context and putting your own spin on them with your replies does not prove your point.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 05:36:16 PM »

Taking my comments out of context and putting your own spin on them with your replies does not prove your point.

Considering you never back up your comments, Im not surprised by this reply.  Ill try again:

Explain.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2007, 05:36:32 PM »

Every economy in the world would suffer if oil prices were to to sky-rocket. ?If oil price stability were the true motivation for continuing to wage war in Iraq, would't the rest of the world be supporting the US?

That is, other than the countries that don't believe people should die (or kill) for better oil prices.

? ?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2007, 05:38:01 PM »

That is, other than the countries that don't believe people should die (or kill) for better oil prices.

Youre taking GnRFLs words out of context.  He cant explain how, but hes sure that you are.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2007, 08:35:44 PM »

A war about what?

You're right...I do love my fantasy world....I would just like to check out the liberal one..just for a day...and see if my penis actually DOES shrink as a result of it.....

This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board-and trust me, you guys say a lot of stupid fucking things.

So Mr Big Dick macho man.... The Iraq fiasco has taught you nothing obviously, as you regurgitate the same arrogant hubris all over this thread, with little or no real thought. Answer me this :has Iran threatened us in anyway? Are they currently threatening us?

you can call it arrogant...but i LOVE this country...I love America whether we are right or wrong...irrational? sure is..but at least im honest about it...I defend America over any country whether we are right or wrong....Iraq could tear themselves to pieces(as they are currently doing) and i wouldnt give a shit...I value one american soldiers life over the lives of every person in Iraq....so I guess that does make me a "Mr. Big Dick macho man" oh well...ill have to live with that tag.......
cliffburton
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2007, 09:04:55 PM »

A war about what?

you can call it arrogant...but i LOVE this country...I love America whether we are right or wrong...irrational? sure is..but at least im honest about it...I defend America over any country whether we are right or wrong....Iraq could tear themselves to pieces(as they are currently doing) and i wouldnt give a shit...I value one american soldiers life over the lives of every person in Iraq....so I guess that does make me a "Mr. Big Dick macho man" oh well...ill have to live with that tag.......

We need more Americans like you man.  SLC, Booker and Co. would rather see Iraq and the ME in ruins so they can place blame on the Republican party for the next 100 years to silence anyone who disagrees with their agenda.  The Democrats want to lose this war and are doing everything they can to make sure that happens.  The vast majority of people in the military are people who joined or re-enlisted after the Iraq war began.  This whole bullshit about saving the Troops by bringing them home is bogus, they volunteered to go over.  The Democrats voted for this war, are responsible for the thousands dead and wounded and now want to re-write history.  The fact that many of you openly support a party that calls themselves morons and easily fooled (what else can you call someone who doesn't research their position and later claims to be misled) baffles me.  At least Wat_ever has the guts to admit he hates America and the West.  The rest of you should take off your sheep's clothing and come forward.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2007, 10:07:58 PM »

anyone who disagrees with their agenda.

Please remind me-what is our agenda?

The Democrats want to lose this war and are doing everything they can to make sure that happens.

Too late, you guys already lost it.

oh well...ill have to live with that tag.......

I couldn't think of anything more fitting.

Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2007, 10:10:29 PM »

We need more Americans like you man. ?

In the manner that you want the entire population to blindly follow? Real power of the population comes from being able to stand and say hell no we are wrong and need to fix these problems that we ahve made.

SLC, Booker and Co. would rather see Iraq and the ME in ruins so they can place blame on the Republican party for the next 100 years to silence anyone who disagrees with their agenda.

You fail to see that it is not thier personal ambition to see the entire ME in ruins. However what is tring to be shown is that the US is in a bad place and needs strong leadership to stand up and be heard. Steer the country back on a course that the population can be proud of. Though most lefties wont openly admit it, though they realise that to even try and repair any of the damage that has been done in the last 6yrs (4 in iraq) They will need to stay the course and are going to be in Iraq for teh foreseeable future, in a diminishing role over teh next 5-10 yrs.

The Democrats want to lose this war and are doing everything they can to make sure that happens.

Dems do love this country as well and are not tring to loose this war, for it has already been lost. .... however the war was actually won by the US in short order, now you are stuck in a civil war that must be quelled, order restored, and hope returned.

The vast majority of people in the military are people who joined or re-enlisted after the Iraq war began.

Oh this I really need to see a stat on. and when you get em the precentages I want you to take the totals of (Air force + Air National Guard) + ( USMC + USMC Res.) + ( Army + National Guard) + ( Navy + Naval Reserve) and give em the total of the US Military Size of both pre and post start of Iraq War and a total of pre 9/11 vs post 9/11. Please also include attrition rates of these time frames and the retention rates of them as well.

Do all that for me and cite refrences too ?Wink

So if im right and well im pretty sure I am right you will find that absed on all the numbers and maintain the prespective about retention and atrition rates of the military as you had pointed out you will see that you are wrong.

And well if thats the case wouldnt the bottom statement which I will quote for you as well, infer that you yourself are infact a moron? The fact that you would then be baffled by yourself.... truely baffles me.

This whole bullshit about saving the Troops by bringing them home is bogus, they volunteered to go over. ?The Democrats voted for this war, are responsible for the thousands dead and wounded and now want to re-write history. ?The fact that many of you openly support a party that calls themselves morons and easily fooled (what else can you call someone who doesn't research their position and later claims to be misled) baffles me.

At least Wat_ever has the guts to admit he hates America and the West.

Let me remind you that the wonderful "playboy" above sucks down a fat "westren" cheque from his "Westren" employer. I dont see him turning that down too quickly..... you cant congrat a person who hates something yet profits from the same thing that he hates..... ?

The rest of you should take off your sheep's clothing and come forward.

So where should I send your enlistment papers then? or are you not going to go serve your country and protect it right or wrong?

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2007, 10:16:55 PM »

These threads have a funny way of drifting to the subject of Iraq. Was that intended?

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2007, 10:58:52 PM »

you can call it arrogant...but i LOVE this country...I love America whether we are right or wrong...irrational? sure is..but at least im honest about it...

Thats awfully stupid.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2007, 11:06:51 PM »

No, it would be those withholding the funds that are forcing them to have none.

Wrong.  The president is the only one that can force troops to fight without funding.  If Congress denies funding (and they havent, but should), its obviously to force the president to bring the troops home.  If he doesnt, hes the one responsible.

they havent, but should

hihi in other words you'd like to pull out now and throw the middle east into a greater state of turmoil,

Code words for "stick around and try and fix what we fucked up, while putting our kids in the middle of a civil war."

exactly, the US has to finish what it started.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2007, 11:28:49 PM »

hihi in other words you'd like to pull out now and throw the middle east into a greater state of turmoil

Whats funny is that you trust an administration thats been wrong on everything and seemingly believe that the region is not already in a state of turmoil.   

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: