Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:00:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE: Could there be new Management? - post taken from Chinese Democracy.com
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE: Could there be new Management? - post taken from Chinese Democracy.com  (Read 4988 times)
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« on: April 08, 2007, 11:55:12 AM »

Edit:

Here's some info on this:

Here is clarification about the Guns N' Roses and Tsunami Entertainment connection.  Because of all the leaks on the internet of unreleased material from GN'R's forthcoming Chinese Democracy album, a Tsunami employee who monitors youtube for copyright violations was asked by GN'R's legal team to help stop the uploading of unreleased material.  If you have received a notice from youtube then that's because you uploaded copywritten images, performances, and music.

And just to clarify, Tsunami Entertainment are not managing Guns N' Roses.

/jarmo

Randy H
http://chinesedemocracy.com/index.php/topic,25965.0.html

http://tsunamient.com

Apparently this is a marketing and management company for bands. Its people have managed: Bee Gees, Beatles, Billy Corgan, Bon Jovi, Peter Gabriel. The company also produces, engineers, and mixes. It has a great amount of recourses for production of music. It also markets brands.

I believe that this is Guns N Roses new management. I also believe that they will be responsible for Chinese Democracy. They are currently having anything that has to do with the album's songs removed from public accessible sites. They must feel that the continuance of audio and video via mass internet resource may hurt the album due to the lack of quality of demo's and live shot video of songs. There are many copyright issues like showing videos that are owned and distributed by companies such as MTV, that will most likely lead to more removal of material on sites such as youtube.

Furthermore this also shows that the album is moving along. There have been reports that Geffen/Universal told the band that they need management, and this shows that it has been done. I would expect a news release soon.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 06:19:11 PM by jarmo » Logged
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 11:59:28 AM »

could be a good sign... but then again...

ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 01:25:53 PM »

They are a marketing and product management company, one of the Hammerstein videos I had on youtube was removed and it was because Tsunami LG complained. This is a description of what Tsunami LG is and does http://dashboard.iventa.com/management/images/tsunami/OneSheet.pdf
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 01:28:59 PM »

They are a marketing and product management company, one of the Hammerstein videos I had on youtube was removed and it was because Tsunami LG complained. This is a description of what Tsunami LG is and does http://dashboard.iventa.com/management/images/tsunami/OneSheet.pdf

I think their website is more helpful to understand what they do rather than the pdf file you have found.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 01:32:33 PM »

I think their website is more helpful to understand what they do rather than the pdf file you have found.

No not really, since its actually a division of Tsunami Entertainment that is representing the band (Tsunami LG). So therefore the pdf is more helpfull in describing what that company does since the pdf file is about Tsunami LG.  Wink
KelsisZero
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 01:35:37 PM »

Tsunami LG just had my Chinese Democracy video removed from youtube...lets hope all the others won't be removed as well  Sad

September 20th, The Warfield, San Francisco
December 17th, Gibson Amphitheater, Los Angeles
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 01:40:55 PM »

This is the message I got from youtube:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Tsunami LG claiming that this material is infringing:

Guns N' Roses Hammerstein 12/05/06 medley -thenewguns.com-: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnXNYC76pJU

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to avoid future strikes against your account, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Center to access the instructions.

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Sincerely,
YouTube, Inc.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 01:49:52 PM »

Nothing makes me want GNR more than being told I can't have them.

This is an awesome strategy.  Fans might not be happy that the last bit of GNR entertaiment they had is being shut down, but Metallica was able to fight the internet and win.  There's no reason to think Axl can't beat YouTube. 

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 02:03:22 PM »

This is an awesome strategy.? Fans might not be happy that the last bit of GNR entertaiment they had is being shut down, but Metallica was able to fight the internet and win.? There's no reason to think Axl can't beat YouTube.?

Well look at Metallica, they look like money hungry douchebags with the whole napster thing.

If Guns N' Roses wants to look like douchebags, by taking down live versions of songs, well I guess they will do the douche method.

I agree with getting leaks taken down from youtube.com, but get real if you don't think they will spread.

If the album is ever pressed it is going to leak, so no point in trying to get it not to leak cause it just is going to.

Fuck All Y'all
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 02:13:27 PM »

Sooooo this could mean the big machine is rolling beer

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 02:22:20 PM »

This is an awesome strategy.? Fans might not be happy that the last bit of GNR entertaiment they had is being shut down, but Metallica was able to fight the internet and win.? There's no reason to think Axl can't beat YouTube.?

Well look at Metallica, they look like money hungry douchebags with the whole napster thing.

If Guns N' Roses wants to look like douchebags, by taking down live versions of songs, well I guess they will do the douche method.

I agree with getting leaks taken down from youtube.com, but get real if you don't think they will spread.

If the album is ever pressed it is going to leak, so no point in trying to get it not to leak cause it just is going to.

There's nothing douchebaggy about taking down You Tube videos.  I'm sure Axl was really happy that his fans had one last way way to be entertained during the latest delay/period of silence.  But maybe there's more to the story... Maybe Axl personally doesn't like You Tube.  Maybe he's taking his videos down as a form of protest in hopes that they improve their service.

I'm sure Axl wouldn't just ban those videos because he's a dick.  I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation for this. 

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 02:24:40 PM »

Del's the manager.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 02:26:45 PM »

This is the message I got from youtube:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Tsunami LG claiming that this material is infringing:

Guns N' Roses Hammerstein 12/05/06 medley -thenewguns.com-: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnXNYC76pJU

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to avoid future strikes against your account, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Center to access the instructions.

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Sincerely,
YouTube, Inc.

I take that as a good sign that we're getting there

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 02:28:18 PM »

Del's the manager.
You seem pretty sure,how do you know it?

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 02:30:59 PM »

It could be just a matter of practice, just keeping copyright material where it should be... but if there is some strategy behind it, then it wouldn't be a stretch to think they're clearing the GNR material from YouTube and sites like this because they have something in works that they want the focus on (a video or viral marketing strategy).

Either way, it's always nice to know things are stirring somewhere behind the scenes.
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 02:31:18 PM »

Chris Vrenna is one of the producers for this company.

a.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 02:31:34 PM »

i think we can only take this as a good sign that the band now has a management team in place and isnt going out on tour and handing over the album with no one looking out for them

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 03:04:20 PM »

Adam Katz is a manager at Tsunami Entertainment.? His bio lists GnR as one of the bands his producing clients have worked with.? We've emailed back and forth a couple of times today.? He claims that neither himself nor anyone at Tsunami is doing any business with GNR.

Obviously Tsunami is doing SOMETHING with GNR.  Guess it's something he doesn't deal with.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 03:10:30 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 03:07:15 PM »

I wouldnt put that much faith into whether or not they are handling GNR.  Until something is confirmed by Axl or the website, its all speculation.  I hope CD is close to coming out, VR is getting alot of good attention lately with their upcoming tour and album. 

give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 03:21:46 PM »

I wouldnt put that much faith into whether or not they are handling GNR.? Until something is confirmed by Axl or the website, its all speculation.? I hope CD is close to coming out, VR is getting alot of good attention lately with their upcoming tour and album.?

VR sucks big time, STP was cool, GN'R is brilliant but VR is terrible  peace
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: