Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:39:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could "If The World" = "Silkworms"?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could "If The World" = "Silkworms"?  (Read 4709 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« on: April 08, 2007, 06:01:22 AM »

This is just a theory I've been working out in my head over the last few days. It's probably nothing, but what the hell:

We know that after the Versace show, HisRoyalSweetness met Axl - and asked about Silkworms. Axl said that it had morphed into a completely different song.

Now, on that setlist picture, we pretty much knew all of the titles of the "new" songs. Even Rhiad was on the setlist as an option. Obviously, Rhiad, Prostitute and If The World weren't played. I still find it odd that the "If The World" title came out of nowhere. It was never mentioned in any of the interviews with anyone that worked on the project - and we received A LOT of new song titles that way.

So, I'm just putting two and two together here, but I think there's a pretty good chance that Silkworms morphed in to If The World.

I know there's been speculation that it could be a cover of Michael Monroe's "If The World Don't Want Me" - but I think that's unlikely -as there's been some animosity between Axl and Michael since 2002. Now, obviously, they could have worked things out since then - and in all reality, I could probably e-mail or call Michael to find out, but I don't want to bother the guy. I just can't see Axl tossing such a random cover in the set. (Sway, Back In The USSR, and Sailing were at least UK specific.)

Just my two cents. Probably nothing, but you never know.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 06:16:12 AM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
badapple81
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 06:44:24 AM »

there's been some animosity between Axl and Michael since 2002.

What happened there? I missed this.
kcleveland
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 07:05:06 AM »

...."pussy full of maggots" sure sounds like a Prostitute to me.  Maybe Silkworms is actually Prostitute?
badapple81
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 07:23:37 AM »

...."pussy full of maggots" sure sounds like a Prostitute to me.? Maybe Silkworms is actually Prostitute?

I don't think so, as Prostitute is supposed to be one of the 'big guns' of the album I think, and I can't see Silkworms evolving into such a song. The song has some potential though, I loved the lyrics.
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 07:43:57 AM »

I'm very tired of threads like this.. rant
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 07:49:47 AM »

Then don?t read them Tongue

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 08:07:01 AM »

Ok, let's discuss something different then. I'm sure you have plenty of ideas!  Roll Eyes

Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 08:12:13 AM »

Listen motherfuckers if the world should hear this song....     rofl
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »

It's an interesting theory, but in all reality they're could be dozens of songs that could have morphed into If The World so its statistically unlikely. They're are three main reason I doubt this is the case:

1) Musically, Silkworms was always quite sleazy, not something that could be titled "If The World.." In addition, the lyrics to Silkworms is a world apart from anything that could be titled "If The World."? If its changed that much, then it isn't the same song!
2) Axl said Silkworms would be on the second album, so I doubt the band would have considered playing songs from the second album on that tour.
3) The fact we hadn't heard the title before doesn't seem evidence to me whatsoever. We hadn't heard of Better before Axl mentioned it.

This is just random speculation with no solid evidence, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:27:40 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 08:33:22 AM »

2) Axl said Silkworms would be on the second album, so I doubt the band would have considered playing songs from the second album on that tour.
3) The fact we hadn't heard the title before doesn't seem evidence to me whatsoever. We hadn't heard of Better before Axl mentioned it.

I agree in those points. I mean, it's not like we know all the songs of the album. I'm sure we'll see a lot of new titles that we never heard of. That's what happened last year, when we didn't know about Better, Sorry and, of course, If The World.

BTW, it's really funny how all those fake tracklists everywhere always had the same songs, without mentioning any of those before 2006. hihi

...."pussy full of maggots" sure sounds like a Prostitute to me.  Maybe Silkworms is actually Prostitute?
The Prostitute title has been mentioned by years, before Silkworms being played in 2001.

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 09:25:58 AM »

Didn't Axl say that silkworms was his girlfriends favorite song, and it'll be on one of the next albums?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 09:30:17 AM »

Didn't Axl say that silkworms was his girlfriends favorite song, and it'll be on one of the next albums?

I believe so.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 11:18:43 AM »

I believe so.

when did he say that? drool
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 11:54:58 AM »

It's an interesting theory, but in all reality they're could be dozens of songs that could have morphed into If The World so its statistically unlikely. They're are three main reason I doubt this is the case:

1) Musically, Silkworms was always quite sleazy, not something that could be titled "If The World.." In addition, the lyrics to Silkworms is a world apart from anything that could be titled "If The World."
  If its changed that much, then it isn't the same song!

TWAT's a beautiful song that isn't sleazy at all but has the synonym of a vagina for its title. What's in a name anyways? whatever was on the setlist could've had a fake name that they use to refer to a song nobody's ever heard of.. or one that everyone's heard of but hasn't heard live in years. people got pretty crazy when someone "supposedly" saw Perfect Crime on a setlist of one of the shows last year.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 01:54:57 PM »

1) Musically, Silkworms was always quite sleazy, not something that could be titled "If The World.." In addition, the lyrics to Silkworms is a world apart from anything that could be titled "If The World."
  If its changed that much, then it isn't the same song!

TWAT's a beautiful song that isn't sleazy at all but has the synonym of a vagina for its title. What's in a name anyways? whatever was on the setlist could've had a fake name that they use to refer to a song nobody's ever heard of.. or one that everyone's heard of but hasn't heard live in years. people got pretty crazy when someone "supposedly" saw Perfect Crime on a setlist of one of the shows last year.

Perfect Crime WAS on setlists....
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 02:16:34 PM »

I believe so.
It was Hisreoyalsweetness who said Axl had said it.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 07:53:27 PM »

I believe so.

Yeah!!!!!! drool
i hear people all the time saying things like "next album" and it gets me kinda excited, i'm sorry it just does. Was this said in an interview? and if so is it on Youtube or somewhere like that. And are there any other interviews where Axl drops little hints of "up coming albums" or "next albums". I would love to hear them, Thank you peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 10:12:11 PM »

I believe so.

Yeah!!!!!! drool
i hear people all the time saying things like "next album" and it gets me kinda excited, i'm sorry it just does. Was this said in an interview? and if so is it on Youtube or somewhere like that. And are there any other interviews where Axl drops little hints of "up coming albums" or "next albums". I would love to hear them, Thank you peace

HRS had a chat with Axl about it, I believe it was the same night he got the pics of Axl holding the EMS sign.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 11:17:34 PM »

I believe so.

Yeah!!!!!! drool

HRS had a chat with Axl about it, I believe it was the same night he got the pics of Axl holding the EMS sign.

what Huh Undecided
i don't mean to seem like an idiot but what is EMS? i need more clues or something, Thanks.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 02:51:56 AM »

I got a theory about Silk Worms...and I hope its turns out to be true...My theory is they realized how bad of a song it was so they took whatever master recordings they had of it and lit them on fire..then pissed on the ashes....now thats just my theory mind you......
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: