Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:29:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Is Velvet Revolver good LIVE? I just purchased tickets and want to know? THX
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Velvet Revolver good LIVE? I just purchased tickets and want to know? THX  (Read 6406 times)
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: April 07, 2007, 08:24:46 AM »

I'm a GNR fan for life but I di like Velvet Revolver also, I was just wondering are they as good or equally as good as GNR live? because GNR rocks! I have main floor tickets at Royal Oak music theatre May 12th in Michigan could any fans give me the rundown on how it will bw or what to expect? Thanks
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 08:27:09 AM »

they are gr8 live! the best concert ive been too..straight ahead rock show

i enjoyed VR more than the new Gnr just because they dont have too many breaks between songs...

i think u'll enjoy it!

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 12:59:23 PM »

Scott is amazing live-ya can't take your eyes off him

libertad
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 02:45:48 PM »

They're one of the best live acts around right now man, im planning on seeing them for third time this may!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 04:07:15 PM »

As far as the comparison to new guns go they are soooooo much better LIVE they've just got that energy/chemistry that guns seem to be lacking these days...(not saying that guns suck just that VR is the better live band by a mile)

Go see them and I swear you'll rock your ass off... smoking

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 04:28:23 PM »

They're one of the best live acts around right now man, im planning on seeing them for third time this may!

Agreed. Although Scott's voice is a hit or miss, he's an amazing frontman, steals most of the show and the band is tight as fuck.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 05:11:57 PM »

i agree with this guy, and i also plan on seeing them for the third time this may. One of the best live bands i ever seen  peace

« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 05:32:37 PM by w.axl.rose » Logged
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 07:42:43 PM »

they're friggin amazing live! can't wait to see them again on the Libertad tour. haven't seen them since 2004.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 07:54:54 PM »

I could see people who don't even like Contraband all that much still having a blast at a VR show... they are really great.
kingoffspring
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 08:37:57 PM »

Its a fun show but them blowing new gnr away not so much i enjoyed guns way more its just your personal view on what you like still should be alot of fun i will go see them again if lib is good contraband was so bland.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 09:04:20 PM »

Yes , honestly I got contraband when it came out and it was ok , you know decent hard rock to me. I really did "feel" it like I did GNR albums. I saw them 2 weeks after the release here in houston , and my life changed forever. Slash , as always ran every where and really put on a show. Duff and Dave are bad ass too never a dull moment. Matt , had a little drum solo before brownstone that was just like woah got the crowd insane. Scott , he was amazing as well dancing his snake-y lil ass around stage. VR are THE live act as far as I'm concerned.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 10:50:25 PM »

Its a fun show but them blowing new gnr away not so much i enjoyed guns way more its just your personal view on what you like still should be alot of fun i will go see them again if lib is good contraband was so bland.

I'm not so sure which I preferred... I've seen both twice.  I really like the fact that VR keeps the energy up the whole time (no slow solos, oxygen breaks, etc.), of course this made for a shorter show.  GN'R had better songs naturally, but I was right up front for both VR shows and I think this atmosphere suits them better than GN'R.  All I know is that their music sounds *THAT* much better live... and that's what it's all about!
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 01:32:55 AM »

warfield baby
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 01:38:29 AM »

amazing show..slash and duff got magical chemistry

Scott is great, Dave is a bundle of energy...matt is awesome

and they are fucking loud....loudest show i ever saw in my life ok

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 03:23:45 AM »

As far as the comparison to new guns go they are soooooo much better LIVE

nonsense.   you speak bullshit.
badapple81
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 06:56:50 AM »

I saw them and it was a good show. I haven't seen GN'R yet but I will be in June. It's probably best you don't compare to GN'R as from what I've seen of the GN'R 2006 tour, if you saw one of those shows, then VR will be a few steps below that. As I said, best you don't compare - remember it's a totally different band, sound, stage show.. the lot.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 08:41:45 AM »

As far as the comparison to new guns go they are soooooo much better LIVE

nonsense.? ?you speak bullshit.

It's very hard to compare because GnR are playing 75% songs from nearly 20 years ago, wherease VR are playing approx. 75% completely their own material, written entirely by members of the band in the last couple of years, so GnR have an advantage. Also, a lot of fans of VR are coming to see Slash and Duff live, and don't like Contraband, so the crowd don't know the songs as well. So its tougher for VR.? They're was something special about seeing GnR and hearing all the classics played live for the first time, but like someone said, too many extra-long solos. I play guitar and appreciate them, and love listening to them on bootlegs, but when you're actually at the show, which is what matters, a lot of people get impatient. In terms of a pure rock show, I thought VR were amazing from start to finish. Very hard to compare though.

To original poster: totally worth it, although I doubt they'll play any old GnR/STP songs anymore, now they have two albums worth of material to choose from.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:43:33 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 01:04:03 PM »

Who cares which band rocks harder? It's all about personal taste. Anyway, noone can argue one thing cause it's a fact: VR rocks the fuck out every night.  yes

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 01:10:09 PM »

warfield baby

Hell Yeah!  beer I just scored five tickets for my friends and I on the Floor its gonna be a fucking blast beer Where are you gonna be?
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 01:12:04 PM »

Who cares which band rocks harder? It's all about personal taste. Anyway, noone can argue one thing cause it's a fact: VR rocks the fuck out every night.  yes
Don't you mean evening? Axl owns the nights Wink

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: