Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:18:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Is Velvet Revolver good LIVE? I just purchased tickets and want to know? THX
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Velvet Revolver good LIVE? I just purchased tickets and want to know? THX  (Read 6393 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2007, 01:23:19 PM »

Who cares which band rocks harder? It's all about personal taste. Anyway, noone can argue one thing cause it's a fact: VR rocks the fuck out every night.? yes
Don't you mean evening? Axl owns the nights Wink

Do you mean down, right?  Wink

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 01:50:48 PM »

As far as the comparison to new guns go they are soooooo much better LIVE

nonsense.? ?you speak bullshit.

Ever heard of opinions?, I know you don't like people having one...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 03:46:41 PM »

As far as the comparison to new guns go they are soooooo much better LIVE

nonsense.   you speak bullshit.

Ever heard of opinions?, I know you don't like people having one...

its nonsense.  you are a typical slashite trying to start GNR vs VR.     VR doesn't even compare to GNR, and if you actually believe what you are saying, I would suggest

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 04:21:30 PM »

IMO VR are better to me thats opinion because they are pure rock n roll no keyboards sound effects in live performaces ( I.E. Chris pitman) althought GNR are mighty good but in a completley diffrent way

it's just what sounds right

but yeah VR are ace live going for the 4th time on 11th june they are amazing

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 04:37:45 PM »

its nonsense. you are a typical slashite trying to start GNR vs VR.

I ain't trying to start anything.....I suggest you get some glasses I simply answered the question of the OP.

I'm a GNR fan for life but I di like Velvet Revolver also, I was just wondering are they as good or equally as good as GNR live? because GNR rocks! I have main floor tickets at Royal Oak music theatre May 12th in Michigan could any fans give me the rundown on how it will bw or what to expect? Thanks

VR doesn't even compare to GNR, and if you actually believe what you are saying, I would suggest

That's your opinion just like mine is that I think that VR is the better live band so what? deal with it...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 04:44:52 PM »

That's your opinion just like mine is that I think that VR is the better live band so what? deal with it...

well expect a reaction like mine when you come to a GNR board talking such nonsense.    if you seriously think VR is so much better then go to their board.   

Velvet Revolver is a mediocre "supergroup" that doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Guns N' Roses.    Sure, they are worth the price you pay for the tickets and it will be an all right show.  But to say its better than GnR is laughable, stupid, and plain nonsense.

Axl is 10 times the stage presence of Scott Weiland, if not more.   GnR is a tighter live band, the setlist is better, the atmosphere is better.

Grouse
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2007, 04:57:37 PM »

But to say its better than GnR is laughable, stupid, and plain nonsense.

Axl is 10 times the stage presence of Scott Weiland, if not more.? ?GnR is a tighter live band, the setlist is better, the atmosphere is better.

In cases like this you need to accept other people their opinions and just move on you're not gonna change my mind nor am I going to change yours so what's the point?...

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2007, 05:01:16 PM »

well expect a reaction like mine when you come to a GNR board talking such nonsense.? ? if you seriously think VR is so much better then go to their board.? ?

Velvet Revolver is a mediocre "supergroup" that doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Guns N' Roses.? ? Sure, they are worth the price you pay for the tickets and it will be an all right show.? But to say its better than GnR is laughable, stupid, and plain nonsense.

Axl is 10 times the stage presence of Scott Weiland, if not more.? ?GnR is a tighter live band, the setlist is better, the atmosphere is better.

IMO VR are better live yes axl is better than Scott but weiland is an awsome frontman....and the whole band give a better show than GNR do.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2007, 05:23:51 PM »

well expect a reaction like mine when you come to a GNR board talking such nonsense.    if you seriously think VR is so much better then go to their board.   

Velvet Revolver is a mediocre "supergroup" that doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Guns N' Roses.    Sure, they are worth the price you pay for the tickets and it will be an all right show.  But to say its better than GnR is laughable, stupid, and plain nonsense.

Axl is 10 times the stage presence of Scott Weiland, if not more.   GnR is a tighter live band, the setlist is better, the atmosphere is better.

IMO VR are better live yes axl is better than Scott but weiland is an awsome frontman....and the whole band give a better show than GNR do.

thats fucking nonsense.

here you go

Robin Finck alone makes GNR a better band than that VR shit.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2007, 05:52:27 PM »

well expect a reaction like mine when you come to a GNR board talking such nonsense.? ? if you seriously think VR is so much better then go to their board.? ?

Velvet Revolver is a mediocre "supergroup" that doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Guns N' Roses.? ? Sure, they are worth the price you pay for the tickets and it will be an all right show.? But to say its better than GnR is laughable, stupid, and plain nonsense.

Out of interest how many times have you seen VR live, and bootlegs don't count?

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2007, 06:26:16 PM »

thats fucking nonsense.

here you go

Robin Finck alone makes GNR a better band than that VR shit.

hang on correct me if im wrong with out slash and duff there would be no GNR, slash made those amazing riffs duff wit hthe bass lines. if it want for those to axl wouldnt be as big as he is today. finck and co are REPLACEMENTS ask any real fan who has followed the band for 20 or so years..... 80% maybe more will say the original band rule and should be back together. if the new GNR split up no one would care really..... the old band well ill let those multi million dollar offer speak for themselves

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: