Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:46:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could it be possible for fans of this site to help the band or Axl?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could it be possible for fans of this site to help the band or Axl?  (Read 4414 times)
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« on: April 04, 2007, 02:12:19 PM »

After reading so many of the topics and posts and finding myself amazed that people who blog here have access to certain things and truly great ideas, as well as coming from a background of various fields, and since we all love this band for better or worse (yes we are married in a way), do you think there would ever be a possiblity for us to offer help and have it accepted by the band or Axl himself?

Someone in another post said we should just form our own state, with AFD our flag and Welcome to the Jungle as our theme song and we could probably run one hell of a nation considering everyone has experience from all types of jobs, access to things, and brilliant creativity(debatable in some cases) but after reading that post, I wondered what we could humanly do to help or if anyone from the Gunners camp would accept any help?

I know legal, legal, legal, but we could sign a disclaimer to rights for any ideas incorporated and maybe offer some services for a discounted fee? Wouldn't it be worth it just to get albums out, matters settled and be a part of history in the making? I would do it for free and really not care about recognition. Well, maybe at a discounted rate but legal bs and recognition are not part of my mantra so...

I know I am probably asking the impossible or stupid but why can't bands and/or business matters for bands benefit with the help of fans? Does anyone know of a band that is cool enough to let their fans help with marketing, administration, art design, sound mixing, etc, etc...? I know some sponsor contests and I think that is extremely cool. Or is there this stigma where a band must do everything on their own and they would be considered untalented if they went to the fans for help? Or socializing with the common folk is considered a no-no.

Personally, I hope Beta reads all this shit and relates some of the better ideas to Axl or band members. Why not accept ideas and help from those already devoted to the band versus those out to make a living or just a buck who don't give a royal shit whether you succeed or not? I think all of us have a vested interest in seeing this band succeed and succeed well.

Just a thought for discussion...   

Puking doesn't make me horny.
panos
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 02:21:29 PM »

Correct bro!!I'M IN!Check this site and you'll see that it Could be possible.

http://www.teo-tea.com/index.php?lang=2

maynard
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 02:23:47 PM »

Forget it. Band interaction with fans = zero. Bumblefoot loves to talk with his fans but he is not allowed to say anything about CD.
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 02:26:24 PM »

As cool an idea as this is, I cant see anyone related to the band ever asking for the fans help.  Their intereaction with us is very low already.  If they wanted us fans to be involved (even a little) they would have one of the band members update the site for them.  they'd have a more interactive site, ala Moby-he has a great site with lots of interaction with the fans.  Hell I'm not sure if he still does or not, but he used to have a journal type thing set up that he would update almost daily.  Now that would be awesome, but again I cant see anyone in this band doing it...well maybe Robin.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 02:27:44 PM »

Forget it. Band interaction with fans = zero. Bumblefoot loves to talk with his fans but he is not allowed to say anything about CD.

So band interaction automatically means he must talk about the album?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 02:33:33 PM »

Does anyone know of a band that is cool enough to let their fans help with marketing, administration, art design, sound mixing, etc, etc...?

Urm, too many fans = thousands of ideas and combinations. Axl and band sorting through ideas = more delay.

Let the pros do their job.

Fuck 'Em All.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 02:39:01 PM »

^we can always buy more t-shirts, and see more Chinese Democracy tours.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 03:21:43 PM »

Hey, Bumblefoot said some very interesting things about the album. I made a little email-interview to him some time ago and he explained what was the status of the album at that time, about mixing/mastering.

Interaction doesn't mean they will say exactly what we want to hear.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 03:32:55 PM »

Maybe something like http://www.freefiona.com. But I don't think the record company is delaying the album....
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 04:08:43 PM »

Someone in another post said we should just form our own state, with AFD our flag and Welcome to the Jungle as our theme song

Some of us here really do prefer the Illusions quite a bit. I know that seems almost impossible for anyone to accept.
inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 04:23:03 PM »

I think if they were looking for album art design some of the things posted here have been amazingwhy not use a design from here?

If this ridiculous album ever comes out, I'm going to buy it 3 times.
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 04:24:21 PM »

Someone in another post said we should just form our own state, with AFD our flag and Welcome to the Jungle as our theme song

Some of us here really do prefer the Illusions quite a bit. I know that seems almost impossible for anyone to accept.

Illusions are my fav.   AFD is great, but the illusions are the illusions  peace

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 04:30:13 PM »

Well, I was using AFD as an example but we could always vote. I know we cannot influence what happens now with Chinese Democracy nor am I seeking to get info from the band about when the damn thing will be released but this whole process might have been easier/happened faster if we could have helped with our various backgrounds.

I took a look at some of the links you guys provided and I must say I think these artists are right on the money. You have one person go through all the submissions, pick out the best and then show the band. Also, if the band is looking for legal, administrative, management, etc, type of help they could post help wanted ads on the site as well. I just thought it would be pretty cool if they would maybe do some type of forum in which we can speak via live and stick to a certain topic - ideas for new songs or marketing of the next album.

I just think many of the business people they deal with truly do not have their best interest in mind when setting up contracts but only a personal best interest in mind. And I dont' think there are too many fans! Only die hards would offer services - think about it. There are many people that say they are die-hard but if it came down to getting paid versus helping for free or a discounted fee, you would loose a lot of people here that would be willing to do the work for next to nothing - meaning the true die-hards would come out. ?

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 04:32:46 PM »

I think if they were looking for album art design some of the things posted here have been amazingwhy not use a design from here? by Inho

That's what I'm talking about Inho - I want them to use something that has been posted here. I'd love if the guys used many of the ideas that get posted here because we are looking at the whole scenario from a fan's perspective and not money - just love of the band!

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 04:37:57 PM »

Personally, I think the song anthem would be "14 Years" for our own nation since that how long it seems we have waited for this new material and it exemplifies our pain and anguish in being a GNR fan.

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 07:20:40 PM »

So band interaction automatically means he must talk about the album?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

yes that does mean no interaction!

Fan: hey bbf, how is cd going how many songs are on there

BBf: um, er

Fan: are you guys going on tour this year, where you guys touring

BBF: i can talk about that.

also, the fact that to my knowledge, ther has only been two official announcement on the new album since the projects conception, and those two were in the lasst 4 months.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 10:02:11 PM »

Well then, it's a relief we don't rely on your knowledge.
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 03:46:10 AM »

Well if Axl or any of the band broke down on my street, I'd try and give 'em a hand and they could come in for a nice cup of tea whilst the AA man came.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 07:19:33 AM »

Interaction doesn't mean they will say exactly what we want to hear.
Exactly dude. ok

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 07:26:13 AM »

I ahve one great idea for a band "fuckers,realizing album"

i think it is the best what they can get from me

I have never seen so many tree
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: