Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:25:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could it be possible for fans of this site to help the band or Axl?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could it be possible for fans of this site to help the band or Axl?  (Read 4393 times)
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 08:16:41 AM »

I ahve one great idea for a band "fuckers,realizing album"
._.

"Look, an album" "Cool"?
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 12:46:30 PM »

Well, they could do what other bands do and have like a street team sign up on gunsnroses.com where fans print off tour posters to help advertise for upcomming concerts..or can be sent like Chinese Democracy stickers to post everywhere lol...I dunno, just an idea.

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 01:30:06 PM »

Ha, I can just see it.

'Fans release Chinese Democracy'

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 03:20:44 PM »

Ha, I can just see it.

'Fans release Chinese Democracy'

It probably would have been out faster if we could have done something about it. Now if fans released Chinese Democracy, that would be news.

I actually like the ideas floating here.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 05:30:40 PM »

Lets bake 'em fresh cookies everyday.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
elmir
VIP

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 08:17:46 AM »

axl rose needs to release that album now.....because of threads like these....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 12:24:50 PM »

Sometimes I think the best way the fans could help Axl is by going away.  I don't think he likes having to deal with us.  I think he's frustrated that we all expect him to release music.  I don't think he likes having to give interviews, discuss his work, share things about himself, or any of those other basic things that go along with fan interaction. 

And honestly, I don't think he likes playing concerts that much either.  That doesn't mean that he does a bad job -- just that if Axl could be doing anything at all with his time, I doubt playing a concert is near the top of the list.  I think he'd rather get a bunch of booze and Splenda and hit some night clubs with his pose, then have sex with beautiful women all night long.

I don't think Axl feels he has anything in common with his fans really, and sees them as a necessary nusiance. 

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2007, 12:50:55 PM »

Forget it. Band interaction with fans = zero. Bumblefoot loves to talk with his fans but he is not allowed to say anything about CD.

So band interaction automatically means he must talk about the album?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

It's perfectly 'normal' for a band member to discuss a upcoming release with fans. It's not 'normal' for all of the band members except the lead singer to not be able to say anything about it.

T
cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2007, 03:07:21 PM »

And I doubt any members of the band would be eager to take suggestions from THIS site..... no
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2007, 05:43:49 PM »

Read my quote:

If Baz can't help him get off his ass to put out the record, no one can.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007, 06:24:39 PM »

Forget it. Band interaction with fans = zero. Bumblefoot loves to talk with his fans but he is not allowed to say anything about CD.

So band interaction automatically means he must talk about the album?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

It's perfectly 'normal' for a band member to discuss a upcoming release with fans. It's not 'normal' for all of the band members except the lead singer to not be able to say anything about it.

T

They don't want to talk about things that aren't 100% certain.

This is fucking stupid because I remember how Dizzy and Tommy were labeled liars by certain fans. Only because they would speak about CD a few years ago.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 06:51:27 PM »

first thing people could do is stop seperating the band and Axl.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2007, 12:11:11 AM »

first thing people could do is stop seperating the band and Axl.

Agreed

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Mahler_22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2007, 04:50:31 AM »

This is fucking stupid because I remember how Dizzy and Tommy were labeled liars by certain fans. Only because they would speak about CD a few years ago.

/jarmo

just to remind you... didnt tommy and/or dizzy? say around 03-04:? ?"the album is being mixed as we speak" Huh ? now, as far as we know, mixing started feb-march.... would that qualify as a lie??? or you're gonna say:... MAYBE some tracks were mixed back then...? Dude, as you have said many times: "its amazing how fast people can forget"? ? ? well? Roll Eyes

Look through your news archive that were displayed on the HTGTH front page:

January 29th, 2004: Happenin' Harry, including Dizzy, were interviewed on 94.7 The Zone in Chicago, IL. they dug in on Dizzy, asking when the album will be out, to which he said, "very soon".

July 15th, 2004: Tommy Stinson, bassist of Guns N' Roses, has announced that the band's long-awaited comeback album, Chinese Democracy, is "almost done". He expects Chinese Democracy to appear late this year or early in 2005.

September 7th, 2004: GUNS N' ROSES Bassist:

--- 'Chinese Democracy' Is Closer To Being Done Than Ever Before. Closer than it has ever been, for certain. I went and listened to some of the songs before I left L.A. to make sure my two cents were thrown in, so to speak. I was pretty stoked about it. I heard some really, really great stuff that I hadn't heard in a long time."

October 20th, 2004: antiMUSIC spoke with long-time Guns N' Roses keyboardist Dizzy Reed this week to follow up on an interview he did with Richmond.com last month; where he said of the release of the album: He said that he heard a few of the finished tracks recently and they sound great.
"They were originally shooting for November, but it may be February now."

January 26th, 2005: GUNS N' ROSES bassist Tommy Stinson told the Pioneer Press earlier this week that the long-awaited new GN'R album "Chinese Democracy" is being finished as we speak."When pressed to elaborate on what could possibly be left to finish on a record that has been at least a decade in the works, Stinson said "some vocal parts and mixes; you know, it'll come out probably sooner than later, I can just about assure you," he said. "I've been told as much, anyway. Without giving a date, it'll be sooner than hell freezing over."

February 6th, 2005: Tommy was recently interviewed by Creative Loafing Atlanta.

---So what's the status of the Guns project right now?
---They're finishing up the mixing right now. Sorting out what songs are going on it and artwork and shit. And hopefully sooner than later, it'll come out. I understand there's probably some European dates booked in the summer. Hopefully, that'll happen and we'll get over there and do it. Once it gets going, it's a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 05:04:43 AM by Mahler_22 » Logged
*ReON!*
Opening Act

History from a Future Age r0x.

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2007, 03:17:48 PM »

IMHO, you should do something like GNRonline, that italian fansite..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2007, 06:00:43 PM »

yeah as if it would help the band. You suit yourself.
The rest of us like it here.

/jarmo

just to remind you... didnt tommy and/or dizzy  say ...........................

so you all can agree that Band interaction with fans has been quite good and "normal", about the album or otherwise.  yes

Could it be possible for fans of this site to help the band or Axl?

easy 3 steps

1) quit nitpicking at everything the band/a member says/does.
2) distinguish fact from fiction, imagination and hearsay.
3) Cultivate the power of understanding.
Mahler_22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2007, 06:22:49 PM »

i wouldnt say "quite normal and good".... i mean, yeah, they have talked.. but i believe most people would like to know on a "every so often" basis whats with GNR...? personally quite normal and good would be if they could talk without any restrictions about anything ... Since most people like to say, "yeah but this gnr and nothing is normal", well, then people shouldnt complain...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2007, 07:32:17 PM »

Mahler_22, If you read  some posts here...
Band interaction with fans = zero.
It's not 'normal' for all of the band members except the lead singer to not be able to say anything about it.
your post proved them wrong, right?

We don't know if they can''t talk without any restriction about anything.
What would you do if you realized everyone was trying to pick at you when you told them what you and your friends honestly thought at the time?
You'd be careful too.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2007, 02:23:50 PM »

Things we can do:

1.Stop listening to and promoting leaks. Of course thats advice I need to adheed to.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »

Obviously there are some great ideas floating around on many sites but I think that the management would have a hell of a day sorting out the good from the bad and who knows, maybe its being done as we type. I personally feel this album is never going to surface because of all the time gone by and the news thats past. I feel that Axl and Co are under tremendous pressure from the people that put the bread on their tables and thats whats cuasing the trouble.  We've seen or heard various things over the years which makes me think the album would have been out years ago only for the legal battles Axl faced over the GNR name.  Someone mentioned in an earlier post that Axl doesn't care about fans opinions, but why have we been waiting for so long? Why didn't Axl just sell out and fade away! I believe Axl always wanted things to go in a certain way and THE POWERS THAT BE stopped his creativity. We will get Chin Dem one day and I personally think that the media are going to execute him over it because of the delay but hell, who really cares! GNR will be GNR and they have never let me down over the long history I have with them, well Adlers departure to the exception, oh and Izzy, oh and Duff well what more can I say but the fact that this thing goes on and on and on but Axl is still there and needs to find his way through all the arseholes trying to delay it. He needs our support and we'll give it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: