Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 05:14:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228134 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If you meet Josh Freese, ask to borrow his CD collection...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you meet Josh Freese, ask to borrow his CD collection...  (Read 6155 times)
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: April 02, 2007, 10:33:26 PM »

Hey all,

So at my work we hired a new logistics guy today who also works as a studio drummer.  Today I was showing him the ropes and I mentioned that I'm a big GNR fan.  He says that he's friends with Josh Freese and had a chance to listen to "the new album" three years ago.  He didn't elaborate too much other than to say it's not great (though he's not that big of a fan of GNR), that most of the songs were in demo form.  Coincidentally enough, a local rock station (97.7 htz fm) played the leaked Madagascar.  He said that he had heard Madagascar on the CD Josh played for him (he said he listened to it while driving around Toronto with Josh), but he couldn't remember if it was the same one we heard on the radio.

It's interesting that Josh, even as of 3 years ago, still carries a copy of the material around with him.  I told him the next time he comes to town to let me know; I'd be more than willing to give Mr. Freese a ride around Toronto for some stories and a listen to his cd collection.

Cheers,

Andrew
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 12:59:53 AM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 10:35:10 PM »

cliche...but, ya...bullshit!!!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 10:36:14 PM »

Andrew, that is nuts!  Tell your buddy to get Josh to answer some questions and post them on the board.  I bet he would be a great interview!
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 11:17:15 PM »

cliche...but, ya...bullshit!!!

Dude, it's pricks like you that make this place intolerable sometimes.  I'm just posting what I heard, the guy clearly knew what he was talking about (he named TWAT, IRS and The Blues without me mentioning them). 

If you don't have anything substantial to contribute, don't be a schmuck and post useless accusations.

Andrew
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 12:58:50 AM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 11:21:28 PM »

Andrew, that is nuts!  Tell your buddy to get Josh to answer some questions and post them on the board.  I bet he would be a great interview!

Well, I just met the guy today (it was his first day).  I told him to let me know Josh was in town 'cause I'd love to shoot the shit with him some time.  He said that Josh is an amazing drummer; he's one of the top session drummers in demand.  If ever I get to speak to him, trust me I'll be asking many questions.

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 11:26:14 PM »

I love 97.7... What was their reaction to the leak??
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 11:29:28 PM »

They didn't say too much; KK just made fun of the fact that tomorrow the "White House" of rock was likely to receive a C&D order from the record company "because Axl hasn't approved it yet." 

It sounded great over the radio though; Axl's vocals definitely surprised me. 

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 11:32:52 PM »

Amazing dude, I appreciate you posting this  ok

Let us know if anything happens.  yes
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 11:33:54 PM »

They didn't say too much; KK just made fun of the fact that tomorrow the "White House" of rock was likely to receive a C&D order from the record company "because Axl hasn't approved it yet."?

It sounded great over the radio though; Axl's vocals definitely surprised me.?

Yeah she's been pretty harsh on Axl since 01 or so... But for good reason....
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 12:39:50 AM »

fuck that i say steal the damn thing, but yeah get him to answer some questions and try to get him on the board and we can have an interview or something Cheesy

so he didn't like CHINESE DEMOCRACY??? Undecided

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 12:58:11 AM »

fuck that i say steal the damn thing, but yeah get him to answer some questions and try to get him on the board and we can have an interview or something Cheesy

Well, he's not that big of a fan of GNR in general.  He's in the camp that when the rest of the band left, most of the talent went with it.  He says that from what he heard, the musicianship is top-notch, but (and according to him), that's what you get when you go out and pay the best in the industry to work for you.  He didn't really elaborate too much, but he seemed to indicated that it's not going to be another Appetite in terms of relevance or importance.  But it's just his opinion, obviously if someone asked me what my opinion of the new, um, say Green Day record, I'm not going to be giving it rave reviews like a hardcore Green Day fan.  Couple with the fact that the guy listened to a cd full of demos, so it's his opinion on an unfinished project.

And I put new album in quotes 'cause obviously, what Freese had three years ago is unlikely to be what's on the album.

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
TheMole
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 03:33:22 AM »

Interesting shit, you should definitely pursue this, even if the album would drop tomorrow (it won't, I'm just hypothesizing, relax... Wink ), it would still be interesting to gain some more insight in this whole process...
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 04:39:14 AM »

I wonder if what he was carrying were demos given to him 3 years ago by someone in the band, or older demos from before that, when he was in the band...
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 04:49:51 AM »

Oh, so Joh Freese is cruising around town with a bunch of demos from CD...YA RIGHT....Im usually the last guy to call "Bullshit", but give
me a fucking break.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 05:23:41 AM »

Oh, so Joh Freese is cruising around town with a bunch of demos from CD...YA RIGHT....Im usually the last guy to call "Bullshit", but give
me a fucking break.

Actually Freese asked Axl for permission to use alot of the stuff he recorded while in Guns for the first Perfect Circle CD, Axl agreed so its certainly possible!

Jonx
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 07:49:59 AM »

I dont see why people call this sorta stuff bull.

The guys in gnr... and associated with gnr.. collectively know probably 10s of thousands of people... so why is it so hard to believe that someone has a chat with one of these thousands of associates......
Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 09:08:11 AM »

Josh is a nice guy, he and my cousin have known each other for years since Josh was playing at Disney WAY back when he was a kid. Seeing him live is a treat as well, I go to every Vandals show I can just so I can watch him rock out.

As for the demos, it wouldn't surprise me if he's got them somewhere.

Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 10:00:26 AM »

rofl  Sorry but I just had the funniest damn image of someone mugging Freese, or interrogating him Jack Bauer style.

"WHERE IS CHINESE DEMOCRACY"?   (flips table,  shoots him in the knee)  ........."WHAT DO YOU KNOW?"........"DAMNIT!"

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 10:44:24 AM »

if it`s true, he probably has got the disc containing twat, irs and catcher in the rye from 99, with him drumming...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 10:57:29 AM »

me a fucking break.

Actually Freese asked Axl for permission to use alot of the stuff he recorded while in Guns for the first Perfect Circle CD, Axl agreed so its certainly possible!

Jonx
Thats not true...
the whole mer de noms cd was written by billy howerdel in 95-96... it was musically finished when freese and howerdel joined axl..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: