Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:52:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Countdown to Japan!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Countdown to Japan!!!!  (Read 5835 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 02:44:48 PM »

No, why would I? I have seen them 3 times since 02'.  Same setlist except for a few songs.

Did it sound same each time?
You might have but the audience over there haven't seen them play like now.
They are touring for the people who are seeing the shows you're not going.

So your post  basically says their entertaining other people is boring and pointless. Isn't it a bit too egocentric?
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 02:52:46 PM »

As other boarders have said, if someone had told me last May that we still wouldnt have an album after 77 dates in 2006, then I would have told them they would be mistaken, but after all this is Guns N Roses. Relatively speaking we've done well as the band is still touring and its keeping itself in the public eye which is really a good thing. What we should see though, before the 14th at least, is a handful more dates to add to those in Japan and South Africa so the train can begin moving again. Even if that means a European jaunt in November, with a gap between the end of May and the beginning of August to finish the album, I dont really care as long as the band play the shows.

At the moment, the best thing this band can do are play shows, as the more they play the closer we come to the album being released.

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 02:53:53 PM »

No, why would I? I have seen them 3 times since 02'.? Same setlist except for a few songs.

So your post? basically says their entertaining other people is boring and pointless. Isn't it a bit too egocentric?

No, I am saying that it is dumb that they are going to tour for the 3rd time with no cd. ?It is boring that they are doing the same setlist even if it is for diff. people that haven't seen them. ?I bet those people, in Asia, have gone on to youtube or something else and already seen them play these songs. ?Let's see something new. ?Lets have some news. ?Lets see some progress. ?

By the way, this is a dumb discussion as well. ?I'm done.
me2u838
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 03:02:46 PM »

How much did the use your illusion setlists vary. Not very much if remember correctly.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 03:15:27 PM »

How much did the use your illusion setlists vary. Not very much if remember correctly.

In 1991 they varied quite a bit: Breakdown, Locomotive, Coma, Estranged, Dead Horse, You Ain't The First, etc. even though they were not played often, have been played a few times.

me2u838
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 03:21:17 PM »

True but it was also after the album was released. I just don't see them changing the setlist too much even after CD's released.
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 04:27:28 PM »

True but it was also after the album was released. I just don't see them changing the setlist too much even after CD's released.

Ron said something like the setlist will be mostly new material when CD is released in the recent interview.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 04:46:33 PM »

No, why would I? I have seen them 3 times since 02'.  Same setlist except for a few songs.

So your post  basically says their entertaining other people is boring and pointless. Isn't it a bit too egocentric?

No, I am saying that it is dumb that they are going to tour for the 3rd time with no cd.  It is boring that they are doing the same setlist even if it is for diff. people that haven't seen them.  I bet those people, in Asia, have gone on to youtube or something else and already seen them play these songs.  Let's see something new.  Lets have some news.  Lets see some progress. 

By the way, this is a dumb discussion as well.  I'm done.

You're right about one thing, I'm not gonna point out what..... Hint: It's in the last paragraph.

Watching Youtube clips makes you bored of going to the actual shows?

Wow!

Going to concerts must be cheap for you. You don't even need to buy a DVD, you can just watch clips on Youtube for free....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2007, 05:05:30 PM »

If anyone's been to a jap show , whatever the setlist is, its always a great place to see G n R . The crowd really gets into it which is so fun. As far as audience participation the known tunes are better.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2007, 07:25:29 PM »

No, why would I? I have seen them 3 times since 02'.? Same setlist except for a few songs.

So your post? basically says their entertaining other people is boring and pointless. Isn't it a bit too egocentric?

No, I am saying that it is dumb that they are going to tour for the 3rd time with no cd.? It is boring that they are doing the same setlist even if it is for diff. people that haven't seen them.? I bet those people, in Asia, have gone on to youtube or something else and already seen them play these songs.? Let's see something new.? Lets have some news.? Lets see some progress.?

By the way, this is a dumb discussion as well.? I'm done.

You're right about one thing, I'm not gonna point out what..... Hint: It's in the last paragraph.

Watching Youtube clips makes you bored of going to the actual shows?

Wow!

Going to concerts must be cheap for you. You don't even need to buy a DVD, you can just watch clips on Youtube for free....? hihi

/jarmo
I've gotta agree there.  You can't possibly compare watching clips on youtube to actually seeing a concert LIVE.  That's ridiculous.  I'm sure the fans in Japan/Australia will be more than happy to see GNR in their countries for the first time in 14+ years play the "classics" and a handful of "new" songs.  I know it's frustrating waiting and waiting and waiting for the album, but there's nothing we can do to make things go any faster.  So enjoy the fact that the band is out there in the spotlight touring the world.  Isn't that better than 1994-2000 when we heard NOTHING?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2007, 07:29:34 AM »

Why bitch about the setlis on a tour you're not seeing?  Oh yeah, I bet all those Japanese fans are sitting there, thinking "Damn!  It's the same set as all those shows in Europe and North America that I didn't go to!"

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2007, 08:02:57 AM »

If I were you Id manage to not complain about the setlist,
Caus If you do , Axls the only one who would get p!ssed,
escpecially when the complainers dont even see em live,
Im australain ,and would would go see them even if it ment a 5 hour drive!

f@cking dedication for you,
so you b!tches complaining about the setlist, even though the songs they play at the show (old songs esp) are some of the best songs
you will ever here live, along with the pirotechnics and 2 1/2 hour setlist..,
what next, whinging that water at concerts is 3 bucks a bottle?
get over yourselfs!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
SPARKY GNR
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2007, 09:11:57 AM »

So are we likely to get any updates during the concerts, i think not!! Sad
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2007, 05:59:52 PM »

I drove 6 hours to see them live  yes

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2007, 06:11:54 PM »

I don't understand why everyone complains about setlists.... I've seen gnr 4 times and I would much rather see a concert with all of thier hits like jungle, sweet child, ycbm, pc, kohd, nightrain, nr, etc, etc....with 5 or 6 new songs, than a concert full of new songs without all thier hits. If I go to a concert I want to hear the best songs...I don't care if they're 20 years old...If you want to listen to new songs listen to the cd...when it comes out. 5 or 6 new songs is plenty!!

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2007, 07:10:07 PM »

I'd love to see concerts full of new songs with no or several old songs as well.
I want to see both. Actually any setlist the band wants us to enjoy at the show is great.  Cheesy
I bet those people, in Asia, have gone on to youtube or something else and already seen them play these songs.

I bet the people who think yourtube is good enough don't bother going to a concert. why would they?
They probably don't even understand why a band should tour and people see it when there's youtube.

I drove 6 hours to see them live  yes

and some nuts Tongue will fly more than 20 hours to see them live for the nth time since last year, I bet. 
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2007, 07:22:46 PM »

I don't understand why everyone complains about setlists.... I've seen gnr 4 times and I would much rather see a concert with all of thier hits like jungle, sweet child, ycbm, pc, kohd, nightrain, nr, etc, etc....with 5 or 6 new songs, than a concert full of new songs without all thier hits. If I go to a concert I want to hear the best songs...I don't care if they're 20 years old...If you want to listen to new songs listen to the cd...when it comes out. 5 or 6 new songs is plenty!!

JeffK, nice post.  beer
My best laugh came with the fellow who's content to watch YouTube for his live GNR fix.  I guess next time we can all meet for a YouTube simulcast and we can chat because that's like the same thing, right?   hihi

I drove 6 hours (12 round-trip) to see GNR in Boston in '02, and 3 hours (6 hours round-trip) to NYC and NJ for 2 shows in '06, and it still wasn't enough!  In '06 I got to meet a ton of great GNR fans.  Nice people.  All the folks I met were just fantastic people...except for those skanks in Jersey who made off with my bro-in-law's camera!   Angry

On topic: seriously, when is the last time GNR toured Japan?  Australia??  South Africa???
Give me a break.  The classics with the new songs already played is a nice combo, great show.  Those lucky enough to go are going to have a great time.   beer

peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2007, 07:49:23 PM »

On topic: seriously, when is the last time GNR toured Japan?  Australia??  South Africa???

Japan: Two shows in August 2002
Australia: Two shows in January/February 1993
South Africa: Never

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2007, 07:51:16 PM »

To say that the setlist didn't change at all during the 2006 shows is a bit of a stretch. Rocket Queen, Madagascar, You're Crazy, I Used To Love Her, Think About You, Down On The Farm... Surely those weren't played every night?

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2007, 09:42:50 PM »

During one of the last shows before this current break, didn't Axl say to someone off stage when he was introducing 'Better' that he should start referring to it as being a song off of Chinese Democracy??  I wonder if he will start doing that during this leg of the tour!?!?

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: