Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:06:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Countdown to Japan!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Countdown to Japan!!!!  (Read 5837 times)
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« on: April 02, 2007, 04:30:44 PM »

So we are less than two weeks until Guns hit the "Land of the Rising Sun" So what should we expect in the next couple of weeks and will the Japan shows bring anything new?  BTW do we have alot of board members going to these shows to give updates?  Should we expect a video or album announcement before the 14th?  It is reminiscent of the Hammerstein shows a year ago when we were waiting to see what would be new!! Will Axl start referring to the new songs as "...this is off of Chinese Democracy which will be out in ______..."  The 3rd wave of GN'R begins April 14th...hold on to your freaking seats!!!!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 04:38:43 PM »

I'm excited and sad at the same time.  Never would I have thought last May that we still would not have the album.  That sucks.  However, I always love when these guys are touring because it is more exciting around here.  I still would rather have the cd.  This is getting a little old waiting and waiting and waiting..................
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 05:11:21 PM »

I don't think he will say the album release date at the show. This is something huge, wouldn't be just for a bunch of people rather than all over the place, with press releases and all that thing.

I honestly don't think they will have something that new in this tour, maybe an old song or two, like Perfect Crime. But that doesn't make me less happy about the fact that they are on the road again, rockin' all over the world. Smiley

crash
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 05:28:45 PM »

osaka is not tokyo

not tokyo

ok, axl?  Grin

hoep they play some new sngs there
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 05:35:51 PM »

osaka is not tokyo

not tokyo

ok, axl?? Grin

i just love that wttj, funniest shit ever rofl
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 07:46:16 PM »

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.  I wouldn't expect any NEW songs, or any album release dates.  It would be nice, but we didn't get anything earth shattering their last time out so why should this time be any different?  Just enjoy the fact that they're out playing live shows.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 08:41:26 PM »

I hope they dont mix up towns.
it's like going to the superbowl and playing the canadian anthem...
someone is gonna get offended.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 08:47:54 PM »

I don't think he will say the album release date at the show. This is something huge, wouldn't be just for a bunch of people rather than all over the place, with press releases and all that thing.

I honestly don't think they will have something that new in this tour, maybe an old song or two, like Perfect Crime. But that doesn't make me less happy about the fact that they are on the road again, rockin' all over the world. Smiley

Oh man...only if they do Perfect Crime...shit...it's one of my favorites!

"...It don't really matter..."
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 11:25:09 PM »

why would you or wouldn't you think Axl would drop the release date at a upcoming show? I think he would hell i watched the VMA's cause i thought he was gonna say something about the album. I sat threw 2 1/2 hours of pure shit music waiting for Axl, needless to say i was a little disapointed. Hopefully thing time round will be different. Most likely not but i'm still hoping

Undecided

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 12:43:33 AM »

Woo hoo. Can't wait. Less than 2 more weeks. How will I pass the time?

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 01:42:01 AM »

No new setlist for this tour, as per the recent http://maximumthreshold.podomatic.com/ interview.  Also, the record is still being mixed, no idea when it's coming out.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 07:58:57 AM »

No new setlist for this tour, as per the recent http://maximumthreshold.podomatic.com/ interview.? Also, the record is still being mixed, no idea when it's coming out.

This is no surprise... Sad
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 09:28:14 AM »

No new setlist for this tour, as per the recent http://maximumthreshold.podomatic.com/ interview.? Also, the record is still being mixed, no idea when it's coming out.
Well there you have it folks.  Guess we can stop THAT speculation now.  Pretty much the same setlist at places they haven't toured yet.  Makes sense.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 09:38:49 AM »

Ron says GNR are starting in Tokyo.  Maybe they got a warmup show booked in Japan.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 10:01:05 AM »

Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Why tour??
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 10:08:21 AM by JDA » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 10:03:17 AM »

are you going to japan to see the shows then?
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 10:09:09 AM »

No, why would I? I have seen them 3 times since 02'.  Same setlist except for a few songs.
Deadfeat
Opening Act

Here Today.....waiting forever

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 10:25:34 AM »

I have been thinking about this upcoming tour, and there is something that makes me a little curious. First, this is the first tour for this version of the band that is not called the Chinese Democracy tour, which if the album is finally going to come out, makes no sense to me. When the tour starts in Japan if the setlist looks pretty much the same as it has been since 2001 then I would guess that wait for the album is going to continue on. If the setlist consists of more new songs and less appetite songs then I think that we mighj be on to something, but for some reason, I feel like it is going to be more of the same.

What is Chinese Democracy?
suicide
VIP

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 10:38:53 AM »

I have been thinking about this upcoming tour, and there is something that makes me a little curious. First, this is the first tour for this version of the band that is not called the Chinese Democracy tour, which if the album is finally going to come out, makes no sense to me. When the tour starts in Japan if the setlist looks pretty much the same as it has been since 2001 then I would guess that wait for the album is going to continue on. If the setlist consists of more new songs and less appetite songs then I think that we mighj be on to something, but for some reason, I feel like it is going to be more of the same.
The name of the tour doesn't matter really (although the 'Chinese Democracy tour' was probably one of the longest tours ever in R'n'R history: 2001 - 2006). The 'Skin and Bones tour', 'Get In The Ring tour', 'Use Your Illusion tour' all supported the UYI albums.
What if the new songs Better, IRS, TWAT or CITR hadn't leaked? I guess the 2006 tour would have had the same setlist as the 2002 tour. So let's hope we get some new leaks in the next few weeks!!!
tomc102968
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 02:32:18 PM »

what bothers me is "world tour" but only 7 dates so far?Huh hum
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: