Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:54:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  What happened to Paul Tobias?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What happened to Paul Tobias?  (Read 29975 times)
madagas
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2005, 01:58:18 PM »

I have never read that quote by Slash. I must say I am shocked. But, it proves one thing, Slash has had nothing but "yes" men as well since Izzy left. The players who he wanted as rhythm basically do what Slash wants. That is why Slash could have never handled Zakk, or Navarro, or any other guitar player who may challenge him, including Izzy. Kushner's a yes man too. If there is anything I want to hear it is the covers recorded with Izzy because Gilby was way to stilted and stiff on Spaghetti. Quite ironic that Slash does the exact things that people allege Axl does-surrounds himself with yes men. I hope this starts a big rumble because that quote speaks volumes about Slash's ability to work with other guitar players. Shocked
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2005, 02:07:46 PM »

Mee too. It's a remarkable speech of Slash, somewhat shocking, somewhat chilly. nervous

- I love recording like this, means Slash. During Appetite..., Lies and Use Your... I had to put up with Izzy the whole time. I never liked playing with him. It was wonderful to escape him on this record. It sounds tighter and so much cooler than anything we've done before. I always got irritated over Izzy's way of playing. It didn't sound right. Before "Spaghetti", we erased his guitar and Gilby put on a new one. It sounded perfect!

For all you people saying Axl's the only one who dissed Izzy, what do you think of that shit, hmm?

I don't know how Axl dissed Izzy.
This interview is also new to me. Ta, AxlsMainMan.

Here Slash is saying like he never enjoyed playing with Izzy. He prefers Gilbys way of playing.
I mean he's dissing Izzy's guitar, not his personality.

On the top of that He considers TSI superior to any of the original GN'R songs?

Now I'm dumbfounded.
So, what Axl said was bloody true that only poverty had stuck the former members together.
madagas
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2005, 02:27:19 PM »

Like I said before, there were two camps, the Indiana boys and the west coast boys. Izzy was the middle man between Slash and Axl. Once Izzy left, que sera sera.
mrsaxlrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2005, 02:29:08 PM »

Those comments were like 2 years after Izzy left!!!! And if Slash knew about the recording of LayGG then why would some Carlos jackass play on it and not Slash? Did he pull an Adler and twirl drumsticks in his hair while they played? gimme a fuckin' break.

Maybe he just didn't want to play on it.? He wasn't upset about not playing on LAYGG.? He was upset about guitar parts being re-recorded for SFTD.? And as for comments about Izzy, I am sure Slash and Izzy made their peace as Izzy came back to GNR for a bit in 1995, and then Izzy has worked with VR.

I'm sure they've kissed and made up too, but Axl and izzy must've too because he came back to GnR (for a short time) right? anyway thats not the argument. I just pointed out that Axl was not the only one who slammed Izzy.

About the LAYGG track, personally, if it was me, I would be more pissed off that a track, which was on an official album (and their last studio release too i might add) when I didn't know it was even recorded,? than I would be at some of my parts being redone on a secondary track on a soundtrack. Slash's lead was still on SFTD right?

As to slash not wanting to play on that track, I don't agree with that at all. Slash was a huge part of GnR why would he not want to play guitar on a song? Doesn't make sense to me.

Who knows why he didn't play on it.  Maybe b/c of possible controversy?  I've never read anywhere or heard anything about him being upset about NOT playing on LAYGG.

Yes, dammit, I WILL be Mrs. Axl Rose someday soon....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2005, 02:33:03 PM »

Those comments were like 2 years after Izzy left!!!! And if Slash knew about the recording of LayGG then why would some Carlos jackass play on it and not Slash? Did he pull an Adler and twirl drumsticks in his hair while they played? gimme a fuckin' break.

Maybe he just didn't want to play on it.? He wasn't upset about not playing on LAYGG.? He was upset about guitar parts being re-recorded for SFTD.? And as for comments about Izzy, I am sure Slash and Izzy made their peace as Izzy came back to GNR for a bit in 1995, and then Izzy has worked with VR.

I'm sure they've kissed and made up too, but Axl and izzy must've too because he came back to GnR (for a short time) right? anyway thats not the argument. I just pointed out that Axl was not the only one who slammed Izzy.

About the LAYGG track, personally, if it was me, I would be more pissed off that a track, which was on an official album (and their last studio release too i might add) when I didn't know it was even recorded,? than I would be at some of my parts being redone on a secondary track on a soundtrack. Slash's lead was still on SFTD right?

As to slash not wanting to play on that track, I don't agree with that at all. Slash was a huge part of GnR why would he not want to play guitar on a song? Doesn't make sense to me.

Who knows why he didn't play on it.? Maybe b/c of possible controversy?? I've never read anywhere or heard anything about him being upset about NOT playing on LAYGG.

Again though, One in a Million was way more controversial than LAYGG. so that makes no sense either. GnR WERE controversy. and thats exactly my point!! he wasn't pissed about being in the dark about one song but the other he was. It makes NO FUCKING SENSE to me!!!

Besides, with the way Slash reacted to One in a Million, who can blame Axl for just doing it without the band's knoweldge?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 02:35:02 PM by Neemo » Logged

usurper
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2005, 03:04:12 PM »

If Slash was so fucking upset about playing on One in a Million then why did he fucking play in it? I tell you, because he's a money driven pussy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2005, 03:17:30 PM »

I have never read that quote by Slash. I must say I am shocked. But, it proves one thing, Slash has had nothing but "yes" men as well since Izzy left. The players who he wanted as rhythm basically do what Slash wants. That is why Slash could have never handled Zakk, or Navarro, or any other guitar player who may challenge him, including Izzy. Kushner's a yes man too. If there is anything I want to hear it is the covers recorded with Izzy because Gilby was way to stilted and stiff on Spaghetti. Quite ironic that Slash does the exact things that people allege Axl does-surrounds himself with yes men. I hope this starts a big rumble because that quote speaks volumes about Slash's ability to work with other guitar players. Shocked
True.
Slash sticks with the old friends and takes the easy way out.

On the other hand,  Axl likes to try working with new n hell different ppl one after another, not in the least discouraged by repeated(?) failures....seemingly. Tongue
mrsaxlrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2005, 04:40:38 PM »

Who knows why he didn't play on it.? Maybe b/c of possible controversy?? I've never read anywhere or heard anything about him being upset about NOT playing on LAYGG.

Again though, One in a Million was way more controversial than LAYGG. so that makes no sense either. GnR WERE controversy. and thats exactly my point!! he wasn't pissed about being in the dark about one song but the other he was. It makes NO FUCKING SENSE to me!!!

Besides, with the way Slash reacted to One in a Million, who can blame Axl for just doing it without the band's knoweldge?

Again, he was upset that Axl had Paul Huge re-record parts to SFTD without his knowledge.  He states that that is the thing he could never forgive Axl for.  That is disrepsectful.  And where do you get that he didn't know about LAYGG being recorded?  He talks about it being  controversial on a few occasions.

Yes, dammit, I WILL be Mrs. Axl Rose someday soon....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2005, 10:36:27 AM »

Like I said before, there were two camps, the Indiana boys and the west coast boys. Izzy was the middle man between Slash and Axl. Once Izzy left, que sera sera.
Wait. headscratch
Slash is saying he never liked playing with Izzy and he had to put up with him the whole time Izzy was in the band.
In this case who had worked hard as the bonds between Slash and Izzy from AFD days to UYI?

Maybe against all appearances, the real middle man was Axl.
AxlStaleyWeiland
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2005, 04:03:51 PM »

True.
Slash sticks with the old friends and takes the easy way out.

On the other hand,? Axl likes to try working with new n hell different ppl one after another, not in the least discouraged by repeated(?) failures....seemingly. Tongue
what the fuck are you talking about? Slash has played alongside some of the best musicians in the world, and he's sought after big time by alot of famous artists. When it comes to forming his own band of course he's gonna hand pick musicians that compliment him. As for Axl's courage of working with other musicians, besides Bucket, who has he played with who's worth a shit? Finck, yeah right, Pittman? Josh Freese? Paul Tobias LOL, Vrenna? I guess I give him credit for playing w/Brian May, but who knows, May's parts probably will never surface. Slash was hand picked by fucking Ray Charles, I could on and on about the legends that have invited Slash to play on their record or to jam. People turn down Axl unless they as someone said"money driven pussies", who would deal with endless rehearsing and recording with no result?  Some of you people are just fucking outrageous with with this shit

its a miracle how long we can stay in a world our minds created in a world thats full of SHIT
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2005, 06:30:24 PM »

what the fuck are you talking about? Slash has played alongside some of the best musicians in the world, and he's sought after big time by alot of famous artists. When it comes to forming his own band of course he's gonna hand pick musicians that compliment him. As for Axl's courage of working with other musicians, besides Bucket, who has he played with who's worth a shit? Finck, yeah right, Pittman? Josh Freese? Paul Tobias LOL, Vrenna? I guess I give him credit for playing w/Brian May, but who knows, May's parts probably will never surface. Slash was hand picked by fucking Ray Charles, I could on and on about the legends that have invited Slash to play on their record or to jam. People turn down Axl unless they as someone said"money driven pussies", who would deal with endless rehearsing and recording with no result?  Some of you people are just fucking outrageous with with this shit
No shit. His One-off working with those already-big names only proves my point. Slash's been after the safer way. And Now? Yeah, His band is full of new faces.
Mind you, I'm not necessarily saying the expediency and conventionality are always bad.

I'm just saying Axl and his choice are bally ballsy.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2005, 09:54:54 PM »

It's well known what happened to Tobias.... he got a job at the same Denny's as Pittman.

Fortus is way better anyway

They just thought Id know better. Better.
usurper
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2005, 04:49:39 PM »

It's well known what happened to Tobias.... he got a job at the same Denny's as Pittman.

Fortus is way better anyway

Fortus is only playing parts that were written by other musicians i.e Izzy and Paul so you can't really say that he is the better player.
usurper
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2005, 11:53:31 AM »

What?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2005, 05:27:11 PM »

yeah  i agree with you  ppbebe axl`s choices are bally ballsy.

i mean i love slash but he`s really a money driven pussy. he still wears his 20 years old hat and keeps his old image to sell records. also he is playing in a band that consists only of members who were famous in the past.

Contrary to Axl who has a really different look and built up a band which consists mostly of musicians that most of us never heard of before. Imo Axl is the only one of the "old gnr" who makes what he wants to.

" I'm practically a free man and if you don't like it you'll have plenty of time to get used to the idea."  This sentence says a lot i think. 

Slash does all he is able to, to keep his image and milk it, whereas Axl advanced and that`s what i like him for partly.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2005, 06:39:22 PM »

I always luv how some of u people state things as though whaxl has actually done something in the last decade. Like Slash has stayed his boring old self while axl has advanced! good one hihi. Or botaxl has made GnR exactly how he wanted to do it! LMAO. U really think axl wants a guitar section of dick fortus & butcher fiNck? what r they like almost 40 years old each & i can't name a song either has EVER penned that has been released on a disc. but yeah, there gonna conquer the world! whooooohoooo! fortus & finck forever! not.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2005, 04:45:53 PM »

Whatever, dude there are two kinds of people in the world, those that look forward to what's gonna happen, and those that just look back.  smoking
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2005, 05:33:58 PM »

So if Slash had gotten really bad cosmetic surgery, cut off his hair & done pretty much nothing for the last 12 years he would be cool just like botaxl? I guess that what u mean by saying whaxl looks forward, right? but axl is really ballsy cause he destryed a lengendary band, lost all his friends, and made a shockingly bad comeback attempt, is that what u r trying to say?

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2005, 06:23:45 PM »

So if Slash had gotten really bad cosmetic surgery, cut off his hair & done pretty much nothing for the last 12 years he would be cool just like botaxl? I guess that what u mean by saying whaxl looks forward, right? but axl is really ballsy cause he destryed a lengendary band, lost all his friends, and made a shockingly bad comeback attempt, is that what u r trying to say?

Ha? What are you on about?

How could I possibly know YOU'd have had bad cosmetic surgery, cut off your hair, done pretty much nothing for the last 12 years or whatever? And I have no idea who the hell whaxl is.
I'm just saying there are two kinds of people in the world, those that are like WARose, me n such, and those that are like you, perhaps.

I can't elaborate on it any further.
usurper
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2005, 06:44:27 PM »

W.Botaxl Rose, fuck off from this thread right fucking now. Don't post here again and just plain fuck off.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: